WinCE6.0 Suspend problem

Hi All,
    When we are testing the suspend functionality in wince the following 
error is shown in hyper terminal:

ERROR: Power Handler function yield to low priority thread. 
How to solve this issue?

By searching the forums we got the information as 'don't use blocking calls 
in power handler functions'. We verified the code in device drivers which 
uses the power handler functions and disable the code to isolate the 
problem,but still it's showing the same problem.

Any thing we need to do in PB to avoid this problem?
0
Utf
5/10/2010 10:06:01 AM
windowsce.platbuilder 744 articles. 0 followers. Follow

8 Replies
1730 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 41

During suspend, the Kernel enters in to the single threaded mode. 
Any Thread blocking APIs like WaitforSingleObject() used in XXX_PowerDown() 
or XXX_PowerUp()  will cause this issue.
 -- 
vinoth.R
http://vinoth-vinothblog.blogspot.com
http://www.e-consystems.com


"JackSmith" wrote:

> Hi All,
>     When we are testing the suspend functionality in wince the following 
> error is shown in hyper terminal:
> 
> ERROR: Power Handler function yield to low priority thread. 
> How to solve this issue?
> 
> By searching the forums we got the information as 'don't use blocking calls 
> in power handler functions'. We verified the code in device drivers which 
> uses the power handler functions and disable the code to isolate the 
> problem,but still it's showing the same problem.
> 
> Any thing we need to do in PB to avoid this problem?
0
Utf
5/10/2010 11:38:01 AM
Thank you!!!
As you said we verify the code in all our BSP device drivers which uses the 
XXX_PowerDown() and XXX_PowerUp() functions and commented the code.
 More precisely the functions are not calling WaitforSingleObject() function.
Please anything else we need to do to solve this issue?

"Vinoth [MCTS]" wrote:

> During suspend, the Kernel enters in to the single threaded mode. 
> Any Thread blocking APIs like WaitforSingleObject() used in XXX_PowerDown() 
> or XXX_PowerUp()  will cause this issue.
>  -- 
> vinoth.R
> http://vinoth-vinothblog.blogspot.com
> http://www.e-consystems.com
> 
> 
> "JackSmith" wrote:
> 
> > Hi All,
> >     When we are testing the suspend functionality in wince the following 
> > error is shown in hyper terminal:
> > 
> > ERROR: Power Handler function yield to low priority thread. 
> > How to solve this issue?
> > 
> > By searching the forums we got the information as 'don't use blocking calls 
> > in power handler functions'. We verified the code in device drivers which 
> > uses the power handler functions and disable the code to isolate the 
> > problem,but still it's showing the same problem.
> > 
> > Any thing we need to do in PB to avoid this problem?
0
Utf
5/10/2010 11:56:01 AM
Is your device trying to Mount a filesystem for example mounting USB mass 
storage device etc..
-- 
vinoth.R
http://vinoth-vinothblog.blogspot.com
http://www.e-consystems.com


"JackSmith" wrote:

> Thank you!!!
> As you said we verify the code in all our BSP device drivers which uses the 
> XXX_PowerDown() and XXX_PowerUp() functions and commented the code.
>  More precisely the functions are not calling WaitforSingleObject() function.
> Please anything else we need to do to solve this issue?
> 
> "Vinoth [MCTS]" wrote:
> 
> > During suspend, the Kernel enters in to the single threaded mode. 
> > Any Thread blocking APIs like WaitforSingleObject() used in XXX_PowerDown() 
> > or XXX_PowerUp()  will cause this issue.
> >  -- 
> > vinoth.R
> > http://vinoth-vinothblog.blogspot.com
> > http://www.e-consystems.com
> > 
> > 
> > "JackSmith" wrote:
> > 
> > > Hi All,
> > >     When we are testing the suspend functionality in wince the following 
> > > error is shown in hyper terminal:
> > > 
> > > ERROR: Power Handler function yield to low priority thread. 
> > > How to solve this issue?
> > > 
> > > By searching the forums we got the information as 'don't use blocking calls 
> > > in power handler functions'. We verified the code in device drivers which 
> > > uses the power handler functions and disable the code to isolate the 
> > > problem,but still it's showing the same problem.
> > > 
> > > Any thing we need to do in PB to avoid this problem?
0
Utf
5/10/2010 12:14:01 PM
Thank you!!!

No, we are trying to mount the NAND flash as a Disk using FATFS, which can 
be shown as a disk in LCD.

"Vinoth [MCTS]" wrote:

> Is your device trying to Mount a filesystem for example mounting USB mass 
> storage device etc..
> -- 
> vinoth.R
> http://vinoth-vinothblog.blogspot.com
> http://www.e-consystems.com
> 
> 
> "JackSmith" wrote:
> 
> > Thank you!!!
> > As you said we verify the code in all our BSP device drivers which uses the 
> > XXX_PowerDown() and XXX_PowerUp() functions and commented the code.
> >  More precisely the functions are not calling WaitforSingleObject() function.
> > Please anything else we need to do to solve this issue?
> > 
> > "Vinoth [MCTS]" wrote:
> > 
> > > During suspend, the Kernel enters in to the single threaded mode. 
> > > Any Thread blocking APIs like WaitforSingleObject() used in XXX_PowerDown() 
> > > or XXX_PowerUp()  will cause this issue.
> > >  -- 
> > > vinoth.R
> > > http://vinoth-vinothblog.blogspot.com
> > > http://www.e-consystems.com
> > > 
> > > 
> > > "JackSmith" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > Hi All,
> > > >     When we are testing the suspend functionality in wince the following 
> > > > error is shown in hyper terminal:
> > > > 
> > > > ERROR: Power Handler function yield to low priority thread. 
> > > > How to solve this issue?
> > > > 
> > > > By searching the forums we got the information as 'don't use blocking calls 
> > > > in power handler functions'. We verified the code in device drivers which 
> > > > uses the power handler functions and disable the code to isolate the 
> > > > problem,but still it's showing the same problem.
> > > > 
> > > > Any thing we need to do in PB to avoid this problem?
0
Utf
5/10/2010 12:21:01 PM
Thank you!!!
Sorry for the wrong information for previos reply,
Yes we are trying to mount the NAND flash as a disk instead of using USB 
mass storage device. 

"Vinoth [MCTS]" wrote:

> Is your device trying to Mount a filesystem for example mounting USB mass 
> storage device etc..
> -- 
> vinoth.R
> http://vinoth-vinothblog.blogspot.com
> http://www.e-consystems.com
> 
> 
> "JackSmith" wrote:
> 
> > Thank you!!!
> > As you said we verify the code in all our BSP device drivers which uses the 
> > XXX_PowerDown() and XXX_PowerUp() functions and commented the code.
> >  More precisely the functions are not calling WaitforSingleObject() function.
> > Please anything else we need to do to solve this issue?
> > 
> > "Vinoth [MCTS]" wrote:
> > 
> > > During suspend, the Kernel enters in to the single threaded mode. 
> > > Any Thread blocking APIs like WaitforSingleObject() used in XXX_PowerDown() 
> > > or XXX_PowerUp()  will cause this issue.
> > >  -- 
> > > vinoth.R
> > > http://vinoth-vinothblog.blogspot.com
> > > http://www.e-consystems.com
> > > 
> > > 
> > > "JackSmith" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > Hi All,
> > > >     When we are testing the suspend functionality in wince the following 
> > > > error is shown in hyper terminal:
> > > > 
> > > > ERROR: Power Handler function yield to low priority thread. 
> > > > How to solve this issue?
> > > > 
> > > > By searching the forums we got the information as 'don't use blocking calls 
> > > > in power handler functions'. We verified the code in device drivers which 
> > > > uses the power handler functions and disable the code to isolate the 
> > > > problem,but still it's showing the same problem.
> > > > 
> > > > Any thing we need to do in PB to avoid this problem?
0
Utf
5/10/2010 12:24:01 PM
if you are trying to mount the NAND Flash during the suspend operation, it 
may create this issue. So confirm that the NAND flash is mounted and try to 
do the suspend operation.
-- 
vinoth.R
http://vinoth-vinothblog.blogspot.com
http://www.e-consystems.com


"JackSmith" wrote:

> Thank you!!!
> Sorry for the wrong information for previos reply,
> Yes we are trying to mount the NAND flash as a disk instead of using USB 
> mass storage device. 
> 
> "Vinoth [MCTS]" wrote:
> 
> > Is your device trying to Mount a filesystem for example mounting USB mass 
> > storage device etc..
> > -- 
> > vinoth.R
> > http://vinoth-vinothblog.blogspot.com
> > http://www.e-consystems.com
> > 
> > 
> > "JackSmith" wrote:
> > 
> > > Thank you!!!
> > > As you said we verify the code in all our BSP device drivers which uses the 
> > > XXX_PowerDown() and XXX_PowerUp() functions and commented the code.
> > >  More precisely the functions are not calling WaitforSingleObject() function.
> > > Please anything else we need to do to solve this issue?
> > > 
> > > "Vinoth [MCTS]" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > During suspend, the Kernel enters in to the single threaded mode. 
> > > > Any Thread blocking APIs like WaitforSingleObject() used in XXX_PowerDown() 
> > > > or XXX_PowerUp()  will cause this issue.
> > > >  -- 
> > > > vinoth.R
> > > > http://vinoth-vinothblog.blogspot.com
> > > > http://www.e-consystems.com
> > > > 
> > > > 
> > > > "JackSmith" wrote:
> > > > 
> > > > > Hi All,
> > > > >     When we are testing the suspend functionality in wince the following 
> > > > > error is shown in hyper terminal:
> > > > > 
> > > > > ERROR: Power Handler function yield to low priority thread. 
> > > > > How to solve this issue?
> > > > > 
> > > > > By searching the forums we got the information as 'don't use blocking calls 
> > > > > in power handler functions'. We verified the code in device drivers which 
> > > > > uses the power handler functions and disable the code to isolate the 
> > > > > problem,but still it's showing the same problem.
> > > > > 
> > > > > Any thing we need to do in PB to avoid this problem?
0
Utf
5/10/2010 1:55:02 PM
Thank you!!!
NAND Flash is mounted and we can able to perform operations like demount and 
format it and mount the disk again.

Without NAND Flah also while testing the suspend it's showing same result.

"Vinoth [MCTS]" wrote:

> if you are trying to mount the NAND Flash during the suspend operation, it 
> may create this issue. So confirm that the NAND flash is mounted and try to 
> do the suspend operation.
> -- 
> vinoth.R
> http://vinoth-vinothblog.blogspot.com
> http://www.e-consystems.com
> 
> 
> "JackSmith" wrote:
> 
> > Thank you!!!
> > Sorry for the wrong information for previos reply,
> > Yes we are trying to mount the NAND flash as a disk instead of using USB 
> > mass storage device. 
> > 
> > "Vinoth [MCTS]" wrote:
> > 
> > > Is your device trying to Mount a filesystem for example mounting USB mass 
> > > storage device etc..
> > > -- 
> > > vinoth.R
> > > http://vinoth-vinothblog.blogspot.com
> > > http://www.e-consystems.com
> > > 
> > > 
> > > "JackSmith" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > Thank you!!!
> > > > As you said we verify the code in all our BSP device drivers which uses the 
> > > > XXX_PowerDown() and XXX_PowerUp() functions and commented the code.
> > > >  More precisely the functions are not calling WaitforSingleObject() function.
> > > > Please anything else we need to do to solve this issue?
> > > > 
> > > > "Vinoth [MCTS]" wrote:
> > > > 
> > > > > During suspend, the Kernel enters in to the single threaded mode. 
> > > > > Any Thread blocking APIs like WaitforSingleObject() used in XXX_PowerDown() 
> > > > > or XXX_PowerUp()  will cause this issue.
> > > > >  -- 
> > > > > vinoth.R
> > > > > http://vinoth-vinothblog.blogspot.com
> > > > > http://www.e-consystems.com
> > > > > 
> > > > > 
> > > > > "JackSmith" wrote:
> > > > > 
> > > > > > Hi All,
> > > > > >     When we are testing the suspend functionality in wince the following 
> > > > > > error is shown in hyper terminal:
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > ERROR: Power Handler function yield to low priority thread. 
> > > > > > How to solve this issue?
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > By searching the forums we got the information as 'don't use blocking calls 
> > > > > > in power handler functions'. We verified the code in device drivers which 
> > > > > > uses the power handler functions and disable the code to isolate the 
> > > > > > problem,but still it's showing the same problem.
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > Any thing we need to do in PB to avoid this problem?
0
Utf
5/11/2010 4:54:01 AM
Not only the stream interface driver can cause this issue, but also GWES 
host drivers, display, touch and keyboard.
If I were you, I will start from a minimum kernel with minimum or no drivers 
(you can use ddi_nop to replace regular display driver) to set a base line, 
and then try to add drivers one by one to locate the driver.
Only a limited API can be used in power handler, please refer to MSDN's 
XXX_PowerDown for detail 
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee483450.aspx
Besides to use APIs in power handler, page fault can be another problem.
Some of the drivers are activated with DEVFLAGS_LOADLIBRARY (0x00000002) 
flag, it is especially common on BSP designed for non-XIP Flash (NAND) and 
limited memory so the OS kernel may free up the pages use by the driver to 
reduce the memory load.
But during the Power Handler, and page fault is not allowed, so in general, 
if your driver exports XXX_PowerUp/Down, then don't load it with 
DEVFLAGS_LOADLIBRARY.
Or at least, you need to mark the power handler as non-pagable, 
http://blogs.msdn.com/ce_base/archive/2008/02/28/making-sections-of-windows-ce-device-driver-code-non-pageable.aspx 
for detail.

"JackSmith" <JackSmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:BF775394-D3A7-40C9-8206-C342F6BBC372@microsoft.com...
> Thank you!!!
> NAND Flash is mounted and we can able to perform operations like demount 
> and
> format it and mount the disk again.
>
> Without NAND Flah also while testing the suspend it's showing same result.
>
> "Vinoth [MCTS]" wrote:
>
>> if you are trying to mount the NAND Flash during the suspend operation, 
>> it
>> may create this issue. So confirm that the NAND flash is mounted and try 
>> to
>> do the suspend operation.
>> -- 
>> vinoth.R
>> http://vinoth-vinothblog.blogspot.com
>> http://www.e-consystems.com
>>
>>
>> "JackSmith" wrote:
>>
>> > Thank you!!!
>> > Sorry for the wrong information for previos reply,
>> > Yes we are trying to mount the NAND flash as a disk instead of using 
>> > USB
>> > mass storage device.
>> >
>> > "Vinoth [MCTS]" wrote:
>> >
>> > > Is your device trying to Mount a filesystem for example mounting USB 
>> > > mass
>> > > storage device etc..
>> > > -- 
>> > > vinoth.R
>> > > http://vinoth-vinothblog.blogspot.com
>> > > http://www.e-consystems.com
>> > >
>> > >
>> > > "JackSmith" wrote:
>> > >
>> > > > Thank you!!!
>> > > > As you said we verify the code in all our BSP device drivers which 
>> > > > uses the
>> > > > XXX_PowerDown() and XXX_PowerUp() functions and commented the code.
>> > > >  More precisely the functions are not calling WaitforSingleObject() 
>> > > > function.
>> > > > Please anything else we need to do to solve this issue?
>> > > >
>> > > > "Vinoth [MCTS]" wrote:
>> > > >
>> > > > > During suspend, the Kernel enters in to the single threaded mode.
>> > > > > Any Thread blocking APIs like WaitforSingleObject() used in 
>> > > > > XXX_PowerDown()
>> > > > > or XXX_PowerUp()  will cause this issue.
>> > > > >  -- 
>> > > > > vinoth.R
>> > > > > http://vinoth-vinothblog.blogspot.com
>> > > > > http://www.e-consystems.com
>> > > > >
>> > > > >
>> > > > > "JackSmith" wrote:
>> > > > >
>> > > > > > Hi All,
>> > > > > >     When we are testing the suspend functionality in wince the 
>> > > > > > following
>> > > > > > error is shown in hyper terminal:
>> > > > > >
>> > > > > > ERROR: Power Handler function yield to low priority thread.
>> > > > > > How to solve this issue?
>> > > > > >
>> > > > > > By searching the forums we got the information as 'don't use 
>> > > > > > blocking calls
>> > > > > > in power handler functions'. We verified the code in device 
>> > > > > > drivers which
>> > > > > > uses the power handler functions and disable the code to 
>> > > > > > isolate the
>> > > > > > problem,but still it's showing the same problem.
>> > > > > >
>> > > > > > Any thing we need to do in PB to avoid this problem? 

0
KMOS
5/11/2010 5:32:07 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

run-time error 8007007e 8.0 support administrator's console
Every time I try to run it I get this error. Works fine on other computers in the area. Using XP Pro, SP2. HELP ...

Macro problem #16
Im not too great at macro code, so if anyone could answer a few of the problems i have with this it would be great.... Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False With Target If Address = "$Y$3" Then If Value = "1" Then Sub Macro1() Dim cnt As Integer cnt = 1 For Each c In Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("T5:T10").Cells Range("T" & cnt).Select On Error Resume Next Selection.Hyperlinks(1).Follow NewWi...

Office Discussion Groups search problem
It appears that the search function is not returning any posts from 2010. Does anyone know how to bring this to Microsoft's attention? Thanks, Bruce Realistically, all Microsoft's done is put a (pretty poor) web interface onto existing NNTP newsgroups. This particular group is microsoft.public.access Try using http://groups.google.com/advanced_search -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Brucels" <Brucels@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4EB79950-F1CC-4205-92D9-56233E8E676...

Outlook 2000 professional Problem
Hi to all! I have a problem in Outlook 2000 professional installed in Windows 98 SE computer. When I add the Exchange mailbox I got an error The Name Could Not Be Resolved. The Operation Failed. However when I tried to installed Office XP in Windows 98 SE I can succesfully get the mailbox but the Office XP is just a beta version and we have a license only in Office 2000. Is there anybody encountered this problem using office 2000 professional. Thansk for the help! Emslan Check this out to see if everything looks OK. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297801/en-us Nue "emslan"...

Business Portal 2.0 Time & Attendance Problem
Hi everyone. I've recently implemented Time & Attendance in Great Plains 7.5 on SQL and now I'm setting up the Business Portal so that our employees can submit their time electronically. I'm aware that the business portal displays the vacation and sick time using the two fields in the UPR00100 table and I have a trigger setup so that it will continually update those fields from the TATM1030 master table. This keeps me from having to run reconcile every time someone makes an update. What I'm experiencing now is that any timecard submitted and approved is making it...

Problem when accessing the project center
Operating System : Windows Server 2008 R2 Project Server 2007 Sharepoint Server : MOSS 2007 Problem when accessing the project center: There are no projects to view in Project Center. This is because you might not have permissions on any projects or no projects are published. And the Resource Center : There are either no resources to display for this view or you do not have permissions to view resources. All permissions are correct and users have been setup. Projects have also been setup and appear in MS project professional edition but not in the project web acc...

Posting Messages
If I just keep typing as if I was in a word processing application in = the supplied 'Message Box', if appears to scroll me nicely to a new line = whenever required. However as you can see above, after adding my message to the newsgroup, it displays my text as a single long line!! For this particular paragraph, I have entered the Return Key myself to ensure lines of reasonable length. What's the secret to having it done automatically. Thanks, ...

Problem restoring backup file from money 98 to money 04
Just upgraded to a new computer with Money 2004 --- Have transferred my money back-up file to the new computer --- Everytime I try to open using Money 2004 it begins the process of converting the file and then times out (stops responding) Any ideas??? Extremely frustrating as I don't want to lose 6 years of financial data ---- Thanks How long have you waited? It could take a long time--like tens of minutes. While it is in this state, it will be "not responding." This doesn't mean it's dead, just hat it's busy. "jh227" <anonymous@discussions.micr...

Change to foreign currency in POS 1.0 SP 1a
I am new to MS Dynamics POS and would appreciate assistance in changing the default currency from US$ to Nigeria currency. Simply, I would like the $ symbol change to N. Thanking you for your assistance. Thank you folks. I found the answer in Junaid Idrees'response to Tim Simth's post on 7/24/06. "Sokan33" wrote: > I am new to MS Dynamics POS and would appreciate assistance in changing the > default currency from US$ to Nigeria currency. Simply, I would like the $ > symbol change to N. > > Thanking you for your assistance. ...

Flickering problem
Just recently I have started getting a problem where the Publisher page flickers annoyingly for varying lengths of time. Sometimes this continues for a long time and is not resolved by shutting down Publisher and reopening the file. It seems to be related to the number of pictures on the page I am viewing. Can anyone help me - is is a problem with my screen resolution? or a problem with Publisher? There are no known video issues in Publisher, only problamatical video cards and drivers Proceed directly to your video card manufacturers website and download and install the latest drive...

Problems copying and pasting a chart
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I'm trying to write a macro that will select an entire worksheet (in Book1), open a new workbook (Book2) and paste what I've copied. The problem is, there is a chart object on the worksheet that reads from 2 columns in the worksheet. When pasted in Book2, this chart still references the data from Book1. I really want it to read from the same range of cells but in Book2 instead of Book1. Is this possible? The copied formulas in the worksheet reference the cells in Book2 just fine. Thanks, bev Bev, rather than copy and paste, you c...

Integration Manager 10.0 Error: Object Reference not set to an instance of an object
Hi, Any body have any solution for the Integration Manager for MS Dynamics GP 10.0. I'm receiving an Error when i run Integration Manager Error Message: The Destination could not be initialized due to the following problem: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. I find a hot fix on Microsoft site, HotFix contains only one DLL file and Readme file After applying the hotfix by replacing the DLL Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.IntegrantionManager.cbomcommon.dll the Error changed to 'Registration Keys Expired' I did not entered any registration keys Yet. Try the following: 1....

NZ Function and Null VS 0 values
Here is my question, I have the following statment in a query: PostSumCreated: Sum(NZ([Post_Sec2_7CreatedTotal]) +NZ([Post_Sec3_5CreatedTotal])+NZ([Post_Sec4_3CreatedTotal]) +NZ([Post_Sec4_5CreatedTotal])+NZ([Post_Sec5_4CreatedTotal]) +NZ([Post_Sec6_7CreatedTotal])+NZ([Post_Sec7_4CreatedTotal])) This returns either the number of the addition or 0. The problem is that I have NULL values in the table, where 0 would represent that yes nothing was done and Null would represent that nothing was support to happen. What I need help with is trying to add the needed columns if they have a value >...

Font display problem
Hello, I follow this article about rebuild MFC to support MSLU (http://www.trigeminal.com/usenet/usenet038.asp). Now I can write a Unicode program and run in Both XP or Win98. But I have a problem when I want to display text. In my program, I need to display text in Portuguese/Chinese Traditional/Chinese Simplify together. In WinXP, it is OK since the program run in Unicode. But when I run in Win98, some font disappear or wrong coding. If I run on English Win98, both chinese cannot display. If I run on Chinese Traditional Win98, Simplify Chinese and Portuguese cannot display. Do anyon...

A strange problem with MFC
Hi, Rencently I met a strange problem. The code like below: CWinThread* pThread = AfxBeginThread(ThreadFunc, (LPVOID)this, THREAD_PRIORITY_NORMAL, 0, CREATE_SUSPENDED); if(pThread->m_hThread != NULL){ pThread->m_bAutodelete = FALSE; pThread->ResumeThread(); } After the statement "pThread->m_bAutodelete = FALSE" executed, I found the value of pThread->m_hThread is 0. While pThread->m_bAutodelete is still 1! The code section located in a win32 static library, with /Md option.The host application(exe) is a win32 console application, with /Md option. There...

WDS 4.0 and Searching while Typing
I have a system that has Windows XP SP3 with Office 2007 SP2 and WDS 4.0. For some reason the function of searching while typing when using the advanced search in Outlook has stopped working. The only way to get the search to start is to click in the magnifing glass. I have not tried to do a repair of Office or reinstalling WDS 4 as I thought there might be a quick fix such as a setting in Outlook or WDS but I cannot find one. "Crockett" <Crockett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F262FD29-C540-4037-8AB0-F9ACDE078781@microsoft.com... > I ha...

Problem formatting date values in chart...
I have a blood pressure tracking spreadsheet -- at a minimum, it tracks Systolic and Diastolic pressure for a given day. A B C E.g.: Date Systolic Diastolic 1 9/3/04 120 90 2 9/4/04 123 87 3 9/5/04 129 79 I currently have a simple line graph that shows systolic data points over diastolic data points. The left hand (Y axis) value is "Pressure". My problem is that I want the "date" values of Col. A to display at the bottom of the graph as a label with each corresponding data point and...

Problems opening Outlook #2
Sometimes the Outlook program won't open and I have to shut down the system and reboot to get it to open. ...

email sending problem
We have recently added a exchange server (2003) to our network and it is causing a major problem we have been unable to solve. The exchange server is providing a shared calender, access book and centrally holding all inboxes (with some laptops having offline inboxes). We are using a outside hosted pop3/smtp server for sending and receiving email. The problem is that even when it is not the default server in outlook 2003, the exchange server is still attempting to send messages. The exchange server cannot send email messages because our ISP blocks traffic on the default SMTP port. Furt...

need help with relaying problem !
Hello, We're using Exchange 2003 and we have it set up such that it will forward all of the mail to a Linux SMTP server which is located in the DMZ of our firewall. In Exchange, this is set up under Routing Groups and then Connectors. I noticed that when the Linux server goes down, we get lots of bounces back like this; Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: summer programs Sent: 2/1/2005 1:58 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: user@earthlink.net on 2/1/2005 2:32 PM There was a SMTP communication pro...

DN different from O/R address problem
Hey all, I have a situation in which I have an Exchange server getting mail from an external, non-exchnage x.400-88 MTA which is configured to send a journal message to a user. In the situation the DN and x.400-88 O/R cn and s fields do not match. I think that the x.400 O/R address should take precedence over the DN but I cannot find proof of that, that is to say that the mail should get delivered to the x.400 O/R addressee regeardless of the DN/x.400 O/R mis-match. Any thoughts? Documentation help? Points in the right direction? Witch-doctoresque magic? Thanks !! "artie_effim" &l...

Updating Parent Account field in 3.0
There are many child accounts which need to be associated with parent account. I shift select multiple child accounts and choose Edit from More Actions menu. The parent account field is greyed out. Any input is appreciated. ...

MS Money04 Problem
I am having a problem with Money 2004. Power went out when I was using. Once brought back up, attempted to get into Money and gave me the typical XP message "Microsoft Money has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." When you look at message it shows: AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 12.0.0.613 ModName: mspfctl0.dll ModVer: 12.0.0.613 Offset: 00018412 I have attempted to uninstall and reinstall, but I get as far as restoring my backup. It asks me for a password. I input and then it just gives me the same message as before. I am at wit...

defragmenting problems on exchange 2000
I recently created a second mailstore on a new raid 5 drive. Moved the user mailboxes into the new store. Exchange seems to be working fine, but I want to perform an offline defrag of the mail store. I dismounted the store and ran the eseutil.exe program. After about 1404 second, I get a message there is not enough disk space to performa the defragmentation and stops. The raid 5 is 27 Gbs. and the Store edb file is around 6.5 Gbs and the stm file is under 500 Mbs. More than enough space to perform the defrag. I tried rebooting the server and still run into the same problem. I thought t...

how do I get the if function to return a blank cell, not 0?
I am trying to create a chart from a series that contains data for each month. The series is calculated on other worksheets and copied to the worksheet containing the chart. I would like to have the cells for the months that have not been updated yet (now is January, there are 0' in all cells for Feb-Dec) to be blank (to create gaps in the chart) not 0's. Can this be done? Unfortunately, what you want, and what many of us have requested but doesn't exist, is a worksheet function like BLANK() or NULL(). The best we can do is use NA() in a chart's data source, which is...