Wince printer driver

Hi,Dear all

I am developing a printer driver for wince 5.0,because my printer(EPSON LQ-
300K+) is not PCL based, I cann't use the pcl driver gived by MS.Now I have
some puzzle...

My printer driver named"LQ300K.dll",it contains the DDI functions such as
"DrvEnableDriver","DrvEnablePDEV" and so on.

Here is my registery setting:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Printers\EPSON LQ-300K+]
   "Driver"="LQ300K.dll"
   "High Quality"="300"
   "Draft Quality"="150"
   "Color"="Monochrome"
   "Version"=dword:0200

When I plug the printer, the usbprn.dll loaded successfully,but I cann't see
any loading message about "LQ300K.dll",my question is: when and who will load
the "LQ300K.dll"?the function "DrvEnableDriver" in the LQ300K.dll will be
called by who?

caiyuqing

Send different reports to different printers
how do i make my report in Access go to a selected printer "Lloyd" <Lloyd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25282CAC-A180-42DB-9000-93A4A42238D9@microsoft.com... > how do i make my report in Access go to a selected printer Open the report in Print Preview. Then open the Print dialog (Print button on ribbon in A2007, or Print on the File menu in previous versions.) You can now choose the printer to send it to. If you always want it to go to a specific printer rather than the Windows Default, open the report in design view, open the Print dialog...

EXcel Chart Size Probelm with Printer
I create via VBA a number of charts on an Excel sheet. I want to size each of these to suit a single page of the printer. THe problem I have is I cannot figure out the relationship between the Excel shape width and the printer's printable width. I have via a series of API got the printer's printable area and converted to twips and points and as I understand Excel uses points as its chart width and height. I have setup a page in Excel manually with no margins and created a chart and manually sized it to fit the page perfectly (and yes the page setup is 100% scaling and zero...

How to communicate with user, from printer driver
Hi ! I wrote a little driver (based on Bitmap example from WDK) that captures printing and sends images thru NamedPipes to user application - this works. Now, I want to be able to give a possibility to select to which application data will be sent. example: user prints document, my driver checks for running user applications (using named pipes etc.) then, it shows a message to the user - combobox and user can choose app., the printing/sending follows. I have a problem with communicating with user, how to display a dialog to user from printing driver ? where to look for s...

web browser wince
hi is there an web browser control for wince? (like chtmldialog) thank ...

How to create WinCE bootable device from WinXP
Hello, I'd like to know if there's a way to create a WinCE bootable device from within Win XP environment, much like it happens through mkdisk.bat/cesys.exe from within a DOS environment. Thanks!! ref: http://codeconnect.net/microsoft-news.windowsce-platbuilder You can partition (DiskPart.exe command), format and then use PUBLIC\COMMON\OAK\BIN\I386\cesys.exe (a win32 version CESYS) to transfer the bootsector and BIOSLOADER to your target device. Or use DiskPrep - http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/DiskPrep "f_lande" wrote: > Hello, > I'd ...

Knowledege about the Wince FAT table
We are currently developing a Wearing Level algorithm for Flash Disk by using Wince 6.0 OS components. We were able to minimize the number of write cycles happening around by changing some of the codes in FAL.lib and FMD driver. Our Concerns is when after a Formatting & Create Partitioning happened there some sectors write in to the Flash Disk. (It’s typically between first 0x100 sectors) Some of the Sectors are written as dirty Sectors. Is it possible to know which sectors are allocated for the FAT table and which sectors are written for when creating a partition? Pa...

Printer only prints emails, not word documents.
I have a Canon S500 printer that just started having printing problems. It will only print emails. I have tried Word documents and other areas with no luck. Any help? Just a guess, but some printer drivers use composite colour to print - and Word has a symbiotic relationship with the driver that other applications, such as your e-mail application don't have. If the colour cartridges are depleted the printer may well not print blacl text. Check also that your Word text is not formatted as hidden. If not that, try re-installing or updating your printer driver. -- &l...

connect drawer to printer
I just purchased RMS with all the equipment and am going through the nightmare of setting all the hardware up. I have a Star TSP100 and an APG Cash Drawer that I need to connect somehow. Unfortunately, my equipment came without a cable to connect the two. The Star printer takes a 6-pin cable and the drawer an 8-pin Cat5e. After checking with Radioshack and Fry's, it seems like a cable that can connect both ends doesn't exist? They said I may need to have it custom made (which I don't have time for)... I then discovered the cable connectivity guide on the APG website and it ...

Put Button Which Allow To Select The Printers Available At Ur PC.
Hi, I know this is the simple problem for experts so I will get reply quickly. I have one project in MS Access. In that I have one form for search criteria. now when I click on search button on that form it will open subform in seprate window. Now I want to print this page.so I put button using wizard and put in its click event to print the report.This is the code Private Sub Print_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Print_Click DoCmd.PrintOut Exit_Print_Click: Exit Sub Err_Print_Click: MsgBox Err.Description Resume Exit_Print_Click End Sub when I press that button it will print r...

Wince printer driver
Hi,Dear all I am developing a printer driver for wince 5.0,because my printer(EPSON LQ- 300K+) is not PCL based, I cann't use the pcl driver gived by MS.Now I have some puzzle... My printer driver named"LQ300K.dll",it contains the DDI functions such as "DrvEnableDriver","DrvEnablePDEV" and so on. Here is my registery setting: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Printers\EPSON LQ-300K+] "Driver"="LQ300K.dll" "High Quality"="300" "Draft Quality"="150" "Color"="Monochrome"...

Print button on toolbar linked to specific printer, way to do?
Argggh, they keep changing colour printers on us <lol>! I'm in a govt dept that balloons up/deflates due to election events! In the last 2 weeks, they've changed all the printers around on us as they move them to accommodate needs! At the end of the event, the printers will all return back to their original configurations and locations <phew>! The colour printer is the one that concerns me. Is there a way to just assign a printer, via a macro maybe, to a button on the toolbar? That way, no matter what printer was actually there and no matter where it was locat...

SEND A STRING TO THE PRINTER
I have a string variable that is presently being sent to a MessageBox. I want to add a command button to the Form so I can send the string variable directly to the printer. Is there a simple way to do this. Thanks The only simple way is to create a report and run it. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "RICHARD BROMBERG" wrote: > I have a string variable that is presently being sent to a MessageBox. > > I want to add a command button to the Form so I can send the string variable > directly to the printer. > > Is there a simple way to do this. > &g...

Doubt on porting from WinCE 5.0 to WinCE 6.0 IPU driver
Hello, I have a OS project on Windows CE 5.0 and BSP Freescale iMX31. I have cloned the ipu.h file in the directory PLATFORM\<MyBSP>\SRC\DRIVERS\IPU\SDC from directory PUBLIC\COMMON\OAK\CSP\ARM\FREESCALE\MXARM11\DRIVERS\IPU\INC to modify it and to avoid the modifications in public common code. Now, I have to porting the project on Windows CE 6.0 where CSP under PUBLIC\COMMON doesn't exist but there is the SOC and PLATFORM\COMMON. I have to modify directly PLATFORM\COMMON\SRC\SOC\FREESCALE\MXARM11_FSL_V1\IPU\INC\Ipu.h file or I have to apply the same solution as in Win...

Driver that can be used to read/write IP packets on dial-up connection?
Hi, Can anybody tell me what kind of driver can do that? Any sample driver out there? Thx. Read the docs on TDI and WinSock Kernel. --=20 Maxim S. Shatskih Windows DDK MVP maxim@storagecraft.com http://www.storagecraft.com "Yijun" <andy.y.huang@gmail.com> wrote in message = news:339183e2-f333-4063-98f1-0570786264ce@h27g2000yqm.googlegroups.com...= > Hi, >=20 > Can anybody tell me what kind of driver can do that? Any sample driver > out there? Thx. ...

Accountable S/W Forms Printer
Testing this add-on in TWO w/ free trial version. If I print a batch of Sales Invoices from Window 'Sales Document Print Options' and choose to sort the documents by Customer, rather than DocType/Number, I still get a print batch sorted by Number. My clerks like the 'sort by customer' option because then, for customers with multiple invoices that day, they can snag them in a group and stuff them in the same envelope. Do sort options not work w/ Forms Printer? I'm using GP ver8 and forms printer for Crystal 10 and have the same issue. Our AR department likes it ...

There is a problem with your printer settings.
There is a problem with your printer settings. Your printer has given Publisher an invalid value, and the printer could not be correctly initialized. Check your printer settings in the Windows control panel." 1. I only have one network printer 2. The network printer is not the default printer 3. I have deleted the printer, rebooted and reinstalled the latest printer drivers. 4. The printer name is less than 8 characters long. ... any idea what the problem is??? -- kirks What version Publisher? Do you have the service packs? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.aspx?displaylan...

Options for Printers in Citrix XPE
OK, I have read the posts and think I know my options but want to make sure. Our MBS Consultants recommend seperate dex.ini's for each user(currently they all use one), but reading the posts here I'm not so sure.Besides thats a bugger when you change something. We run GPD V 7.5 over Citrix XPE. The SQL server is clustered 2k and the frontend is Win2k. Also on the front end is MSProject and MS Access which some users access. All users access the systems is via a Web Portal. Under Metaframe 1.8 this issue did NOT occur - issue being some users loose there default printer when th...

NAND Flash Formatting speed : WinCE 5.0 vs WinCE 6.0
Hello, I have a target device with a 256MB Nand Flash. I have both Windows CE 5.0 and Windows CE 6.0 R3 for this target device. I have observed that If I format the 256 MB NAND Flash in Windows CE 5.0 by Storage Manager, it takes about 10 minutes. If I format the NAND Flash in Windows CE 6.0 R3 it takes about 10 seconds (or less). Why ? The NAND FMD Driver is the same. I can debug the Windows CE 6.0 FAL because there are the source files but I can't debug it in Windows CE 5.0. There are some improvements in Windows CE 6.0 FAL ? Thanks, Paolo -- Paolo Patierno Embedde...

WINCE desktop icon text
Hello everyone�� How to make the wince desktop icon text background transparent? it is blue and so ugly when i change the Wallpaper��thank you! Auly(from china) I think that, in order to do that, you'd have to rewrite the shell. You have the source, so it should be possible. Look in the right \PUBLIC\SHELL subdirectory for somewhere that the desktop it drawn. Find where the item names are drawn as text and change the code, or allow a registry entry to control whether your change is active or not. I think that, no matter what ...

DOS Device Drivers, Interrupt Vectors
I used to have a second computer for testing TCP/IP packet activity. It was setup to use DOS and a packet driver, with a utility to transmit data. Would you know where to find a packet driver for DOS? I used to have a boot disk with all device drivers, but I lost it. http://www.simtel.net/product/view/id/47331 "Patrick Whittle" <patrick_whittle@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uCllf10ELHA.1996@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > I used to have a second computer for testing TCP/IP packet activity. It > was > setup to use DOS and a packet driver, with a utility ...

Weird problem with Publisher's listing of available printers
None of the installed physical printers will show up in Publisher 2003 on this lady's computer. They are installed in Windows and show up fine in other Office Programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc.). However, when you go to print a document in Publisher, the only printers listed are the "Microsoft Office Document Image Writer" and the "Lanfax Printer". None of the physical printers are listed! I tried uninstalling and reinstalling all the printers. I also tried upgrading from Publisher XP to Publisher 2003, but the problem has persisted. I have googled this an...

Cant install epson tm-t88II drivers on windows 2003 server
I have to get one of these printers working from a machine running 2003 server. When trying to install the drivers, the following message comes up: Unable to install printer. Windows cannot install this printer until your system administrator first installs a new driver for it on the print server. Or, to install a driver on your computer without the assistance of your system administrator, run the Print Troubleshooter and select the option that contains this message. "The current printer driver is not compatible with a policy enabled on your computer that blocks Windows NT 4.0 or Windo...

Printer settings
Hello, I am using Access 2007 on XPSP2 and an HP Deskjet 6500 printer. In Control panel the default setting for print quality is FastDraft. However, when I print from Access 2007 this is changed to Normal. Is there some way to get Access to use the default printer setting for print quality without having to manually set it each time I print? -- Thanks, Bob ...

WinCE CCeCommandBar
First of all, let me say that I'm a novice when it comes to C++ programming, so this question probably has a very simple answer. I'm writing an SDI application using eMbedded Visual C++ 4.0 for a handheld computer running Windows CE and I need to change the Buttons that are displayed to the right of the drop down menus when I change the current view that is being displayed. I can get any one of the ToolBar's that I've created with the resource editor to display during the execution of CMainFrame::OnCreate using the InsertButtons and AddAdornments functions, but I can't fi...

nvidia kernel mode driver not responding and has recovered
I keep getting 'nvidia kernel mode driver not responding" when running the 3d batch assessments. I am using a Nvidia gt 220 with the newest drivers in Win 7 64. Any suggestions? Description A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033 Files that help describe the problem WD-20091208-1937.dmp sysdata.xml WERInternalMetadata.xml View a temporary copy of these files Warning: If a virus or other security threat caused the problem, ...