Wi-Fi Driver development in WINCE

Hi all,

I need to develop Wi-Fi driver for an ARM processor running in WINCE 6.0 R3
OS.

Please guide me suitable links\tutorials\examples which will get me started
on this very quickly.

Also I would like to know what hardware related data  I need to write a
Wi-Fi driver.

I have done application programming on WINCE and this a totally new to me.
Request your suggestions\comments on this

TIA,
RAGHU

Sample Wifi driver is available in the following path.
\WINCE600\PUBLIC\COMMON\OAK\DRIVERS\NETCARD\AR6K
Hope it will help you.
--
vinoth.R
http://vinoth-vinothblog.blogspot.com

"RAGHU" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I need to develop Wi-Fi driver for an ARM processor running in WINCE 6.0 R3
> OS.
>
> Please guide me suitable links\tutorials\examples which will get me started
> on this very quickly.
>
> Also I would like to know what hardware related data  I need to write a
> Wi-Fi driver.
>
> I have done application programming on WINCE and this a totally new to me.
> Request your suggestions\comments on this
>
> TIA,
> RAGHU

unfortunately there's no too much documentation about WLAN drivers (well
there's almost no documentation at all); for my experience it's a very
difficult topic (although it depends someway on how much logic is embedded
in the WLAN chip/firmware): apart writing an NDIS driver you have to deal
with all the specific 802.11 stuff (authentication, etc). I do not expect to
have something up and running very quickly...

--
Luca Calligaris (MVP-Windows Embedded)
lucaDOTcalligarisATeurotechDOTcom

"RAGHU" <RAGHU@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Hi all,
>
> I need to develop Wi-Fi driver for an ARM processor running in WINCE 6.0
> R3
> OS.
>
> Please guide me suitable links\tutorials\examples which will get me
> started
> on this very quickly.
>
> Also I would like to know what hardware related data  I need to write a
> Wi-Fi driver.
>
> I have done application programming on WINCE and this a totally new to me.
> Request your suggestions\comments on this
>
> TIA,
> RAGHU

0
Luca

Saving a file that you do not want to update the links to other fi
I have a summary report file that is linked to other files that I update the info each week. I give the summary file a new name each week(basically the week ending date).When I save the summary report and open it up after the second week instead of keeping the original info it keeps updating with the most current info. How can I make the summary report file stop updating and just keep the info that it was saved with originaly for that week only. Edit>Links Break the links which converts the formulas to values then save. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 9 Jul 2008 17:04:01 -0700,...

How to develop Ctrl+Space contents
Hi, I am developing a object say X. Now I have to assign some property like X.setType(GOOGLE); Where GOOGLE is defined in Class X and listed when one presses few letters like GO... Also listed when Ctrl+Space is pressed.. How do i do this... Help me.. SandSpider X ...

Verifone 1000SE 64-bit Driver
I recently obtained the USB version of the Verifone 1000SE PINPad for testing purposes. The PINPad works great under the 32-bit version of Windows 7. However, I cannot seem to find a 64-bit driver for this PINPad. Does anyone know where such a driver can be obtained? If these drivers do not exist, does anyone know of a USB PINPad that will operated under the 64-bit version of Windows 7? Thanks. Vincent ...

using wi-fi from wired computer
I was wondering is it possible at all to control the wi-fi part of my router from a PC which is connected to the router by wire? Why? For example for using a program like inSSIDer. -- regards, |\ /| | \/ |@rk \../ \/os > I was wondering is it possible at all to control the wi-fi part of my > router from a PC which is connected to the router by wire? Yes. You can "control" the wireless part of your router. In that you can configure it. > Why? For example for using a program like inSSIDer. From my reading on inssider, it would req...

What is the change access developer 2007 do to the access data base?
Thank you I want to ask: What is the change access developer 2007 do to the access data base? Any article advice information Thank you I will give information for what I want example : The Microsoft office access run time 2007 hide ribbon when package the access data base Thank you again It does absolutely noting to the database. The intent of the Developer edition is to allow you to package your database along with a run-time version of Access so that people who don't already have Access installed on their machine can install the run-time version and use your application. ...

development several CRM implementations
Hi all, I'm presently working on several CRM projects for various clients and I'm having trouble with that as I only have 1 physical server to work on. Is there any resolution to keep my customizations for those projects intact from each other? Lok Try using Virtual PC or Virtual Server. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 09:31:50 +0800, "Keng Yuen Lok" <nospam_@_nospam_singnet.com.sg> wrote: Hi all, I'm presently working on several CRM projects for various...

Outlook 2003 Development
Does anyone know if it is possible to develop for Outlook 2003 using ..NET? I gave trying to develop forms for Outlook 2002 because everything was based on VBScript, which I found was very limiting. Is this still the case with Outlook 2003? Thanks! - Crabby Forms still require VBScript. However you can develop COM add-ins for Outlook in either VB 6 or VB.NET. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "NewzCrab" <reply_to_group@noemail.com> wrote in mes...

Diplay driver architecture
Hi, My requirement is to write a generic display driver (using Windows Vista Display Driver Model) for Vista and Win 7. I understand that I need to write a user mode display driver and a miniport driver. The display driver will be bound to Direct3D runtime. My confusion comes from the point that WDK docs show a figure with OpenGL ICD component as well. Is it an optional component if I choose to have above mentioned architecture or a required one? I also need to get the OpenGL ICD Development Kit for the same. Consequently can I develop only the OpenGL ICD and still support all th...

Can't install my HP1220C printer drivers
I have an XP Pro system. Not knowing any better I connected my HP1220C Deskjet to a USB port and used it before I installed any HP software. Now I'd like to install the software that came with the printer. I read many hit on the Internet but still can't do it. When I try I get through a couple of screens where it ask questions and then get a small popup box containing something like "Setup is installing the software" And it hangs ther. For hours. I download from HP - same thing. I remove the Windows mini-drivers - same thing. I guess it is waitin...

Need pointers for driver signing
My team has developed a mirror driver for which we now have an unsigned package and need to get it signed (preferably from winqual). Could some point me to documentation of whom can we contact, what are the charges for getting the package signed and what all processes we need to follow before submitting the package for signing. ManmeetJ <ManmeetJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >My team has developed a mirror driver for which we now have an unsigned >package and need to get it signed (preferably from winqual). Could some point >me to documentation of whom ...

Graphics Driver Problem
In Vista my resolution changes from 1440 x 900 to 800 x 600 every time it is coming out of sleep mode or turned on. I have allready updated my graphics driver but the problem has not changed. Any ideas? -- Dullyjock ...

"Unknown Publisher" with kernel-mode driver signed with VeriSign c
I have been unsuccessful signing a kernel-mode driver for use in 64-bit Windows 7. I am using a certificate from VeriSign but no WHQL certificate. Note that I've replaced the company's name with "XXX" below. I sign the catalog with the following (PASSWORD is replaced with the actual password for the key): signtool sign /v /ac "MSCV-VSClass3.cer" /f iLabDriver.pfx /p PASSWORD /n "XXX" /t http://timestamp.verisign.com/scripts/timstamp.dll "ilabamd64.cat This returns: The following certificate was selected: Issued to: XXX Issu...

How do I fix "ActiveX can't create object" in access 2003 query wi
When I try to use the query wizzard in access 2003 an error message pops up "Activex can't create object" I have already reinstalled the original program. How do I fix it? ...

install more than one device with same driver
we use a simplified version of DevCon for installing a driver and it works fine, but now we have multiple instances of the device, all controlled b y the same driver (this is a serial port emulator). Say I need to install three instances. When I run install.exe once for each instance, every time it finds an already installed device, it repeats installing that, so in total we see 6 installs (1+2+3). I must admit that most of what goes on in install is blackmagic to me. But is it possible to call install once and have it install all 3 devices in one run? Thanks, Jan "...

Wi-fi failed connection
I have a Toshiba R150 laptop pc and set up wireless connection at home and works correctly. I also use it at various locations without any issues. Recently, I encountered failure connection in two locations where are at our suppliers. The first one was that I could not connect to the AP with given password. I went together with my colleagues who worked with the AP without issue. Yesterday, I visited another supplier who had an AP without any password. My colleagues worked very well except me. I could connect the AP but my computer always said my IP was same as others and failed to...

Is it normal for a pst file to expand when imported into an ost fi
I had a 2+GB pst file that when imported into my exchange cached environment grew to approximately 20GB. Of course this wreaked havoc on the user's mailbox, and I am now having synchronization and all kind of wierd problems. I guess my first question is, is it normal for a pst file to grow on import? Also, on that import, is it possible for the original pst file to become corrupt, or smaller after the import. I fear that I may have lost some messages in the import In news:88546C4E-0213-4C63-A237-DBF5280576B3@microsoft.com, BookerW <BookerW@discussions.microsoft.com> typ...

Trying to develop a shipping calculator to compare courier rates
I'm trying to develop a shipping calculator to compare courier rates. User enters rates, and excel sheet calculates comparisons based on user defined weight, # of items, destination and origin. You mean the user has to enter in rate tables for each carrier at the resolution of weight, destination, and origin. (and possibly number of items). I suspect the user would prefer to call the carrier and ask them to quote a rate, then select the lowest or if they have that information, just run their finger down the paper table and figure out which is cheapest. Usually the selling point of thi...

PCI Card
Hi, I am thinking of buying a wi-fi card for my PC (DELL Dimension). Running Vista 32 bit D-Link DWL-G510 PCI Card looks good Anyone any experience. It has a low profile back plane, will it fit my case? Thanks Without your Dell Model # there is no way to tell if it will fit your case. "species8350" <not_here.5.species8350@xoxy.net> wrote in message news:a5d0ce7e-2fbf-49e5-bda6-fbe8ef1f83d7@22g2000yqr.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I am thinking of buying a wi-fi card for my PC (DELL Dimension). > Running Vista 32 bit > > D-Link DWL-...

[ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default dr
Please Help… I have a button on a unbound form, that fires a macro to run the code below… however… I keep getting [Microsoft] [ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified I believe I have everything as far as Access installed correctly… Is there a problem with my code? Public Function Update_Assign() As String 'Error Handling On Error GoTo Err_Update_Assign_Click 'Establish Dim allRecords As ADODB.Recordset Dim cnCh5 As ADODB.Connection Dim strConnection As String Dim cmdCommand As ADODB.Command Set cmdCommand = New ADODB.Command Dim M...

PLEASE HELP: Develop a custom screener in access
Hi All, I am trying to build a student screener in access. Basically it’s going to screen students from different school zones and other criteria.. So basically.. Here is how I want it to work: I have 4 dropdown lists: School, Gender, Physical_attributes, Conditions The values of these dropdown lists are: School_Zone: West, North, East, South Gender: Male, Female Physical_attributes: Height, Weight Conditions: =,<,> And a Textbox And there is a button "Search" . So now, Once I select a school from the dropdown list and click search, I see the re...

ability to select more than 1 item on a sales transaction entry wi
is anyone aware of a tool or product that would allow us to select more than 1 sales item at a time when entering a document in the sales transaction entry window? we are finding it very cumbersome to enter transactions via the GP sales transaction entry window - enter 1 sales item... tab to next line... enter 2nd sales item...tab to next line , etc. We are looking to have the item window appear and be able to select more than 1 item. kernl, No I haven't heard of anything like this although I seem to recall talking about writing one years ago for a customer. But it never happen...

Missing drivers
I am, according to NORTON, missing two (2) drivers (Windows XP Pro, Office 2007): CLSID\{1171A62F-05D2-11D1-83FC-00A0C9089C5A}\InprocServer32 CLSID\{182EC0BE-5110-49C8-A062-BEB1D02A220B}\InprocServer32 Is there a location on the net where I can gather and install these (I've attempted MS - no help there). -- TAGDENNIS Dennis wrote: > I am, according to NORTON, missing two (2) drivers (Windows XP Pro, > Office 2007): > > CLSID\{1171A62F-05D2-11D1-83FC-00A0C9089C5A}\InprocServer32 > > CLSID\{182EC0BE-5110-49C8-A062-BEB1D02A220B}\InprocServer32 &...

Outlook 2002
It is very confusing... Every night around 6pm when I try to send an email the 550 not local host xxxxx, not a gateway message appears. Obviously, the message is immediately undeliverable. Does someone have some help or suggestions? Running Windows 2000. Have you called your ISP? Joel wrote: > It is very confusing... Every night around 6pm when I try > to send an email the 550 not local host xxxxx, not a > gateway message appears. Obviously, the message is > immediately undeliverable. > > Does someone have some help or suggestions? Running > Windows 2000. You ...

How to write Wi-Fi driver for WINCE
Hi All, I have an ARM processor in my Windows CE 6-based device for which I build the operating system myself using Platform Builder 6. I also have a XYZ WiFi chip from ABC Corporation on my board connected to the processor via SDIO directly. I have contacted ABC Corporation and found that they do not have a Windows CE driver (any version)for this chip.So I have decided to write driver . Since I'm an application programmer,I am not sure on the following 1)how does the SDIO Wi-Fi chip and ARM processor communcation happen.Request to share some tutorials o...

outdated driver
I have an MP3 player (creative nomad jukebox zen xtra) that uses and outdated driver no longer supported by windows media player. I want to transfer the music to a library. Any suggestions? On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 13:41:01 -0700, Tdud <Tdud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have an MP3 player (creative nomad jukebox zen xtra) that uses and outdated >driver no longer supported by windows media player. I want to transfer the >music to a library. Any suggestions? When connected by USB cable, does the device appear as a kind of removable disk in Windows Explor...