voip application

Hi all,
Is there any voip application that is available for ARM platform and windows
ce 6.0? I had tried the microsoft provided demo application, but we need some
other application that has dial up etc with good GUI. Please help on this.

So, there's nothing wrong with the Microsoft demo, but you want "a few other
things"?  Think we might need to know what those are to make a recommendation?

Paul T.

"San" wrote:

> Hi all,
> Is there any voip application that is available for ARM platform and windows
> ce 6.0? I had tried the microsoft provided demo application, but we need some
> other application that has dial up etc with good GUI. Please help on this.
Hi Paul,
We want some application like skype... I tried some third party applications
downloading from internet, but none are compatible. It reports error while
trying to double tap the .cab file-(This application is not compatible). If
someone has tried skype or any other applications, please share those
details...

"Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]" wrote:

> So, there's nothing wrong with the Microsoft demo, but you want "a few other
> things"?  Think we might need to know what those are to make a recommendation?
>
> Paul T.
>
> "San" wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> > Is there any voip application that is available for ARM platform and windows
> > ce 6.0? I had tried the microsoft provided demo application, but we need some
> > other application that has dial up etc with good GUI. Please help on this.
You still haven't told us *what* you want, only what sort of program and what
you've tried to do.

For existing programs, forget about using the CAB file. Get something like
WinCE CAB Manager and unpack the CAB file on your PC.  Look at the files
which are installed by the CAB, the registry entries, etc.  Do they look like
they should work on your device (check the dependencies of any DLLs, the
EXEs, etc., and make sure your device has the dependencies)?  If so, contact
the vendor and ask for permission to use the program.  If they give it, you
can build the pieces into your OS, include the registry settings, etc.

If that's not what you want, then design the user interface you want and
implement it.

Paul T.

"San" wrote:

> Hi Paul,
> We want some application like skype... I tried some third party applications
> downloading from internet, but none are compatible. It reports error while
> trying to double tap the .cab file-(This application is not compatible). If
> someone has tried skype or any other applications, please share those
> details...
>

> "Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]" wrote:
>
> > So, there's nothing wrong with the Microsoft demo, but you want "a few other
> > things"?  Think we might need to know what those are to make a recommendation?
> >
> > Paul T.
> >
> > "San" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi all,
> > > Is there any voip application that is available for ARM platform and windows
> > > ce 6.0? I had tried the microsoft provided demo application, but we need some
> > > other application that has dial up etc with good GUI. Please help on this.
Most of time, those commercial programs you can download from internet are
for Windows Mobile but not Windows CE.
And it can use some API is not existing on CE.

"Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]" <paultobey _at_ earthlink _dot_ net> wrote in message
> You still haven't told us *what* you want, only what sort of program and
> what
> you've tried to do.
>
> For existing programs, forget about using the CAB file. Get something like
> WinCE CAB Manager and unpack the CAB file on your PC.  Look at the files
> which are installed by the CAB, the registry entries, etc.  Do they look
> like
> they should work on your device (check the dependencies of any DLLs, the
> EXEs, etc., and make sure your device has the dependencies)?  If so,
> contact
> the vendor and ask for permission to use the program.  If they give it,
> you
> can build the pieces into your OS, include the registry settings, etc.
>
> If that's not what you want, then design the user interface you want and
> implement it.
>
> Paul T.
>
> "San" wrote:
>
>> Hi Paul,
>> We want some application like skype... I tried some third party
>> applications
>> downloading from internet, but none are compatible. It reports error
>> while
>> trying to double tap the .cab file-(This application is not compatible).
>> If
>> someone has tried skype or any other applications, please share those
>> details...
>>

>> "Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]" wrote:
>>
>> > So, there's nothing wrong with the Microsoft demo, but you want "a few
>> > other
>> > things"?  Think we might need to know what those are to make a
>> > recommendation?
>> >
>> > Paul T.

0
KMOS

Application not found
im trying to open the pictures attached to my email using microsoft outlook 2003 but when i try to open it i have this error application not found. do i have to check some configuration in it? tnks. 3cky Patrick <rppmercedes@aim.com> wrote: > im trying to open the pictures attached to my email using microsoft > outlook 2003 but when i try to open it i have this error application > not found. > do i have to check some configuration in it? This sounds like either you don't have an applciation that is designed to handle the attachment file type or there's no ...

voip application
Hi all, Is there any voip application that is available for ARM platform and windows ce 6.0? I had tried the microsoft provided demo application, but we need some other application that has dial up etc with good GUI. Please help on this. So, there's nothing wrong with the Microsoft demo, but you want "a few other things"? Think we might need to know what those are to make a recommendation? Paul T. "San" wrote: > Hi all, > Is there any voip application that is available for ARM platform and windows > ce 6.0? I had tried the microsoft provid...

Calling exe from MFC application and storing out in buffer for further processing.
Dear All, I m developing a application in which i need to call a exe whose results/output, i wanna store in buffer for further processing. Please give me the solution fo doing that. Thanx in advance. regards, dinesh spawn, createprocess, system, winexec, etc. "Dinesh" <dinesh@netplexusindia.com> wrote in message news:%23TgbQQFLEHA.3332@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Dear All, > I m developing a application in which i need to call a exe whose > results/output, i wanna store in buffer for further processing. Please give > me the solution fo doing that. > Thanx in a...

Detect if an application is running full-screen
Hi, I've found on the net a piece of code that detects if another application is running full-screen. I've tested it, but, as it is designed to compare the foreground window and the monitor rectangles, it returns TRUE also if the foreground window is the desktop. I've tried to compare the HWND returned by GetForegroundWindow() to GetDesktopWindow(), but it doesn't work. Can someone help me? Thanks very much This is the code: BOOL IsUserPlayingFullscreen() { HWND hwnd = GetForegroundWindow(); RECT rcWindow; GetWindowRect(hwnd,&rcWindow); HMONITOR hm = MonitorFromR...

office applications disappeared!!!
I installed microsoft office for mac last october and it worked well until a couple of days ago when all the applications of office just disappeared and I can't find them anywhere in my computer. The weird thing is that in the microsoft office file I can still see the features like the clipboard images and that kind of stuff. But all the applications themselves disappeared, I don't have powerpoint, word or excel anymore and can't open any office document. Can any one help me? Thanks a lot! On May 11, 10:36 am, berta.moya...@googlemail.com wrote: > Can any one help me? Have ...

copying application code only or code and application togheter to another mdb file
Hi all, is there an option to copy the code in one MDB to another file or just to copy application+code to a diffrent MDB file? thread wrote: > Hi all, > is there an option to copy the code in one MDB to another file or just > to copy application+code to a diffrent MDB file? You can import all of the modules, but if you want to include the code found in reports and forms then you would need to import all of the reports and forms as well. Not sure what you mean by "application+code". -- Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP Email (as appropriate) to... RBrandt at Hun...

Wrinting OS image in Flash from application
Hi all, we are writing our custom OS image update system based on the presence of a small secondary WinCE6 image aside the main OS image. But: is it possible from the secondary image to write on the Flash partition where resides the main one? How? Which drivers must i put in the secondary image to achieve that? Thanks -- SteM How you are writing the primary OS image in to the flash during the development stage? for example, if you using eboot with your own flash writing functions directly in a flash without using filesystem libs. if yes, you can create your own stream ...

Preventing other application to loose focus
Hi, I'm creating a program to help people with disability to use IE. Almost everything is complete except... I have a dialog that is similar to the OnScreenKeyboard in XP. I'm very close but the difference is that i'm unable to prevent my application from getting focus. Or rather preventing IE to loose focus. The problem i'm trying to solve is to type a character into the address field in IE. When i'm clicking in my application to send a character to IE, I'm returning MA_NOACTIVATE in the OnMouseActivate event. That helps, but there is a small flash which is th...

My Office application cannot start because Office is already in use
I get this message whenever Word has been open for a few hours or so, and Word closes down automatically. But this Mac is the only computer I have, and there are no other Macs in my household, so I don't know where the message came from. I have recently moved into a new house and I think these messages may have started around that same time, so is it possible that they could be caused by someone in the same neighbourhood area having a Mac too? I write a lot in Word and I am really afraid of losing important documents. It should only be happening if another copy of Office Mac is on the sa...

Printing problems, from my application only
Hello - access runtime 2003. XP I have an application that runs on a network computer. Recently i have a problem with the printing from the applcation. The computer that can't print from my application, is capable of printing from other office program such as word etc. the application can print to pdf file. the problem happens like this: the application opens a report, print it, close it. the report reaches the printer - and then the printer get stuck, there is no way to release it but turn it off and then on again. If anyone has an idea how to solve this issue - I would be ...

Application Launch Failure Message
I am receiving this message when I open any of the applications from office. I had trouble with Excel not working last night, so I restarted my computer. From then on, I'm getting the error message. Any help would be greatly appreciated! The application "Remove Office" could not be launched because of a shared library error: "<RemoveOffice><RemoveOffice><CarbonLib><>" On November26Monday11/26/07 10:55 AM, in article ab04396c-d5c8-476b-a8f6-c3c12cc4a140@e25g2000prg.googlegroups.com, "kimschmidt611@gmail.com" <kimschmidt611@gmail.c...

changing default application
Hi all, I have a newPowerBook G4 that came loaded with the Office 2004 Test Drive, but I have a fully licensed Office X version running on it that I like just fine. The default for opening Office documents was somehow set to the 2004 version and I can't seem to get it set to the 10.0 version... anyone know how? First, uninstall the Office 2004 Test Drive. Open the Microsoft Office 2004 folder, and then run the Remove Office tool. If documents still don't seem to open in the right version of Office, select a Word document, and go to File > Get Info. Under "Open With", ...

Creating Application User Help File
I need some assistance creating a Help File for my application so that a user can get instant assistance if they need within the application. I've already documented some of the application procedures within MSWord, but do not know if this is the right approach. Thanks for your help Hi Jasmine, It isn't that easy.... To document your procedures, use something like MZTools to document each procedure in its code module. You do that for the benefit of future developers who must maintain your code. Do a good job, you're likely to be the future developer who benefits most. Y...

Question about the display Chinese word in MFC application
Dear all, I am developing a mfc application which read a file in UTF8 encoding, I can successfully display the chinese word under chinese window2000 platform, but the chinese word become ugly when executes under english platform except I change the locale setting in control panel. But this really inconvenience since it needs reboot. I want to ask is there any other way to solve this problem or is there any approach in displaying the unicode string in MFC controls? Thanks, Benny ...

voip
Can Ex2k3 handle VoIP? Thank you. Not out of the box, no... "bill tie" wrote: > > Can Ex2k3 handle VoIP? > > Thank you. > On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 02:46:02 -0700, "bill tie" <billtie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >Can Ex2k3 handle VoIP? > >Thank you. Interesting question. Why would Exchange want to handle live voice calls? Exchange won't be doing that because LCS is that poduct from MS. "Mark Arnold [MVP]" <mark@mvps.org> wrote: [ snip ] >Interesting question. Why would Exchange want to handle liv...

Accessing tables in MFC application
Hi, I have a MFC application built on VC++ 2005.There are a few data stored in the table format in the application. I do not have source code access of the application and is given to me as exe. I want to access the data stored in the table cells . How can i do it.Please help me with answers on how i can do it or with some tutorials I can look for. regards, jis Unless the program exports automation interfaces to allow access, I think it is reasonably safe to assume there is no solution to this problem. "Table format" says nothing useful. What does Spy++ say about the table? ...

Integration of Outlook with Vonage VOIP services
VonageLog is the essential call management utility for Vonage subscribers. It downloads details of all telephone calls made and received on your Vonage line, and records them in your Outlook Journal, or directly to a CSV file for importing into Excel or third-party software. Essential for people who need to log their telephone calls and usage, VonageLog makes a tedious job as easy as a single mouse click. Download and try it out for FREE! http://www.hollsco.com/Products/VonageLog/ VonageDial is an easy-to-use application that allows you to dial automatically from your Vonage (US) VOIP teleph...

AfxBeginThread hangs, but not when the application is being debugged
I have a very weird problem... In a dialog based app, when a button is clicked, I call AfxBeginThread() to create a new worker therad (not a UI one). The thread is created suspended, and after that started. The problem is that AfxBeginThread hangs every single time (both debug and release). It never returns. To make this even more weird, it never hangs while the debugger is attached, even though no breakpoints are set. I mention that I am absolutely sure that it is AfxBeginThread that hangs, I put some calls to MessageBox() and / or output to log files before and after it, so I am amsolutely ...

Resizing an application
Hello, I want to put a limit on the minimum size that my application can be resized to. Any ideas on how to implement this? "Hamish" <h.dean@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message news:phLZd.10029$1S4.1061788@news.xtra.co.nz... > Hello, > > I want to put a limit on the minimum size that my application can be resized > to. Any ideas on how to implement this? > > Handle OnGetMinMaxInfo() in your mainframe and set the size there. See KB article HOWTO: How to Prevent Mainframe Window from Being ReSized http://support.microsoft.com/?id=133256 -...

How to build x86 (32 bit) MFC application for IA64 & x64
Hello All, I have downlaoded the PSDK and the 64 bit addendum to VC++ for IA64 (PSK-IA64.exe from MS). However I am having problem starting to compile and link an existing x86(32 bit) MFC based application. VC .Net does not create any makefile and even when I launch devenv.exe /useenv from the command line where I have set the environment varaibles for 64 bit, I don't see an option of compiling and building 64 bit application. Any help in how to port an existing 32 bit application that was created using VC .NET and is MFC based to 64 bits, will be highly appreciated. Thanks. Tm ...

Business Application Evaluation
I looked for LOTS of places to post this and am not sure if this is right but I think and I have faith that I will get a timely response here. We are in the process of evaluating business application software for our growing company to include Return-On-Investment software package, a Sales Proposal software package, etc.. We currently use GoldMine as our CRM and we are looking to expand similarly in that direction to support our Sales Reps that are out in the field. Can ANYONE point me in the right direction, provide me a web site, that objectively and subjectively evaluates and rates...

Excel.exe application error
When I try to run VBA code I often get this message: Excel.Exe Application Error The instruction at "0x3005fc4b" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the progam Click on CANCEL to debug the program If I quit Excel and restart and try to reload the workbook I get the message that the workbook is in use. Sometimes deleting temporary internet files helps. Sometimes I have to reboot. What's causing this and what can I do to solve the problem. It happens quite a lot. ...

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Click on OK to terminate the application.
Hello All I have compiled MFC application from console using NMAKE. It creates the executable file properly, but when I try to execute that file it gives me an error as, The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Click on OK to terminate the application. What could be the problem? I looked into Event Viewer it describes an error as, Faulting application MyApp.exe, version 5.0.0.1, faulting module msvcrt.dll, version 7.0.2600.2180, fault address 0x00037fd4. Please help me out of this.. its a bit urgent....! Thank you all in advance!!!! MSM MSM wrote: > Hello All &g...

IE is closing when launching MSCRM web application
Hi there, We've just finished the install of MS CRM. I'm running on Windows 2000 / .NET 1.1 / IE 6.0 SP1, my problem is as follow : After authentication, IE closes himself...Why? Several person in my compagny access the same server without problem. Is there a problem in my configuration? Thanks CRM uses a popup window to launch itself. Make sure that you have disabled any popup blockers. Aside from the popup blockers - an understanding of the code will help. If you look through the javascript in web_root\default.aspx, you'll find the load function. (see below) Find the " ...

Re:Server Error in '/' Application
Hi, We Installed Microsoft CRM 4.0 on our local server and accessing the CRM throgu Web client and Outlook client. We did not enable the IFD. All went smoothely for 2 days and on 3rd day when we try to access the CRM it throws a error that " Server error in '/' application" as given below Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the appl...