Subproject .reg file

Hi, what's the purpose of the .reg file when you create a subproject?
I added some entries to this file and when I execute the application, I
thought the items should show up in system registry. Some did and some did
not. I assumed those that did perhaps had some system default but not sure.
Is this true?
Do I need to use some key words to make them get initialized or do i have to
create & populate manually?

0
Robertson

The contents of the subproject .reg file will end up in the OS, of course
you need to build the OS after making changes.

--
Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
Senior Engineer

Eurotech Inc.
www.Eurotech.com

"Robertson" <ezban.robertson@homeauto.com> wrote in message
> Hi, what's the purpose of the .reg file when you create a subproject?
> I added some entries to this file and when I execute the application, I
> thought the items should show up in system registry. Some did and some did
> not. I assumed those that did perhaps had some system default but not
> sure. Is this true?
> Do I need to use some key words to make them get initialized or do i have
> to create & populate manually?

0
Bruce
4/14/2010 7:18:36 PM
"Bruce Eitman [eMVP]" <bruce.eitman.nospam@Eurotech.com.nospam> wrote in
message news:udqlSdA3KHA.1452@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> The contents of the subproject .reg file will end up in the OS, of course
> you need to build the OS after making changes.

Thanks. I assumed wrongfully that the platbuilder will build the setting
into the executable and populate when the app starts. I guess I expected too
much of it.

> --
> Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
> Senior Engineer
> Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com
> My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman
>
> Eurotech Inc.
> www.Eurotech.com
>
> "Robertson" <ezban.robertson@homeauto.com> wrote in message
>> Hi, what's the purpose of the .reg file when you create a subproject?
>> I added some entries to this file and when I execute the application, I
>> thought the items should show up in system registry. Some did and some
>> did not. I assumed those that did perhaps had some system default but not
>> sure. Is this true?
>> Do I need to use some key words to make them get initialized or do i have
>> to create & populate manually?

0
Robertson
4/14/2010 7:50:27 PM
When you build an image, in the last phase "Make Image Phase", all the .reg
files are merged into one file "reginit.ini".
The .reg file are merged in the following order :

common.reg
project.reg
platform.reg
..reg files from subproject

If in the next file there is a setting already set in previous files, it
overwrites.

--
Paolo Patierno
Embedded Software Engineer

"Robertson" wrote:

> "Bruce Eitman [eMVP]" <bruce.eitman.nospam@Eurotech.com.nospam> wrote in
> message news:udqlSdA3KHA.1452@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> > The contents of the subproject .reg file will end up in the OS, of course
> > you need to build the OS after making changes.
>
> Thanks. I assumed wrongfully that the platbuilder will build the setting
> into the executable and populate when the app starts. I guess I expected too
> much of it.
>

> > --
> > Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
> > Senior Engineer
> > Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com
> > My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman
> >
> > Eurotech Inc.
> > www.Eurotech.com
> >
> > "Robertson" <ezban.robertson@homeauto.com> wrote in message
> >> Hi, what's the purpose of the .reg file when you create a subproject?
> >> I added some entries to this file and when I execute the application, I
> >> thought the items should show up in system registry. Some did and some
> >> did not. I assumed those that did perhaps had some system default but not
> >> sure. Is this true?
> >> Do I need to use some key words to make them get initialized or do i have
> >> to create & populate manually?
> >>

> .

saving publisher file to PDF file format #2
after creating a page in publisher i need to save it as a pdf file and send by email to a publishing house "Eddie" <Eddie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:87A433B3-6EA5-439E-806D-74C985EA24DC@microsoft.com... > after creating a page in publisher i need to save it as a pdf file and > send > by email to a publishing house If you don't have Adobe Acrobat (not the Reader), download either of these: http://www.win2pdf.com or http://www.primopdf.com ...

How do I automatically prompt to file a sent message?
As a former NOTES user, I've become accustomed to being able to both send and file an email in "one" step. In Outlook the default is to file the sent item in the "sent" folder, or the folder in which the original message resides. I'd like the option of choosing any folder in which to file the sent message to come up automatically when I send an email. Any ideas? See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/setsavefolder.htm for sample VBA code to do this. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators,...

Migrating Office X files to Windows SBS 2k3
I have a situation with migrating some older Office X files to a new Windows Small-Biz Server 2003 environment. It seems that the person I am working with did not use the "Append file extensions" option when saving his Office X files on his Mac server (10.2.8). So now I have a situation where I need to move these extension-less files over to the Windows server but they will lose thier file associations. Is there anyway to save this extension "metadata" to convert these files on the Windows side? I have about 20GB of data to migrate and manually opening each file wi...

Inserting a file from FTP
Hello i have a FTP server that host's files for my office to share. >From one computer that has publisher 2000 on it has problems inserting a file from the ftp into a publisher document. The error i recive from that computer is that it has a problem linking a file that is not on the computer or on the network. The odd thing is that every other computer in the building can connect to the FTP and insert images from it. Also the computer can connect to the FTP through Internet Exlplorer so connectivity isn't a problem. Any help on this would be great. Also most the other computer'...

creating PST file alert
I have dealt with several people that have taken the time to create a PST file; Most of them do not know that this file is dangerously close to corruption when it reaches the size of 1.75GB. I would like to know if there is any possible way to flag a PST file when it gets to a certain size. ...

Remote access internal file server
Dear all, My colleague want to access his file in the internal file server, what should be the simplest secure way to do so? Our company has a small windows network with aound 20-30 user access internet through a netscreen SSG 5 device. I think the device should have VPN figure, any additional software/device I need? Sorry I'm not sure whether it's the right discussion group for this question. Thanks, TC =?Utf-8?B?VEM=?= <TC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:B7ABE080-3CFC-40C3-BB59-937DA5FEC845@microsoft.com: > Dear all, > > My colleag...

non-interactive (programmatic) download & save of Excel mht as an xls file
We have a reporting tool that produces excel output as an mht file that can be opened in IE. Is there a way to programmatically convert the file to an xls format, without going throught he open -> save process from within IE? Thanks! Dim pWorkBook as Excel.Workbook Set pWorkbook = Workbooks.Open(FileName:=....) pWorkbook.SaveAs FileName:=...., FileFormat:=xlNormal "sthati" <sthati@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1129745102.347186.60670@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > We have a reporting tool that produces excel output as an mht file that > can be opened in ...

I cannot add subproject
Hi, I'm using Project Server 2007 Enterprise Edt. with Project Pro 2007. I create and publish 2 or 3 projects. i want to create Master Project. When i add Subproject from Project Server, screen is flash but Project do nothing. I cannot add a subproject. Anyone see this problem before? Thanks... Özcan, I am afraid you have to be a bit more specific. Are you trying to insert a (sub)project into another (master)project? In Project, open the Masterproject and choose Insert Project. Should work, never failed me.... Regards, Ben Wiegers "Özcan ELMALI" ...

Duplicate File Message opening an Excel 97 file from Windows Expl.
When I open an Excel 97 file from Windows Explorer or the Documents menu of the Start button, the document opens, and I get a message that "A document with the name "XXXXX" is already open. You cannot open two documents with the same name, evan if the documents are in different folders." If I start Excel, firs, I don't get this message. Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Mark B wrote: > When I open an Excel 97 file from Windows Explorer or the Documents > menu of the Start button, the ...

Excel File Association not working
Hi, One of our users cannot open an Excel file by just double-clicking on it any longer. If he opens Excel first, he can browse to the file and open it. I looked at the file associations for .xls types of files and it lists Excel as the program to use to open .xls. I tried an Office repair, but that didn't help. Can anyone tell me how to fix this? Thanks, Sandy M Sometimes one of these works for similar problems. Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it) --- or --- Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then W...

How to save a PC Excel file into MAC (it says file is read only)?
I am having troubles with an Excel workbook I created on my PC (using Excel 2000). Essentially I can't save it in a Machintosh computer. Thanks for your help ...

How to convert binary file to ASCII file
How to convert binary file to ASCII file? Thanks in advance! "prinz" <de6666@lycos.com> wrote in message news:40222AF5.B3B6EFFB@lycos.com... > How to convert binary file to ASCII file? > > Thanks in advance! > well, an ascii file is a binary file... just the bits happen to be easily displayable as letters, number, and other symbols. you will have to find out what the meaning of each bit in the binary file is, how the bits are grouped into bytes, and how the bytes are grouped into higher order things. then read the file with the appropriate file access method a...

Trying to Open Excel File, But its says file is locked for editing
I'm trying to open an Excel file on a network drive. However when I try to open it. It has an Error Message: File in use. Drivers return 'Taco far return disk Chart 2005.xls' is locked for editing. Options are 'Read Only', 'Notify' or 'Cancel' I know no one is in the spreadsheet, and does not indicate who would be if there was. Can anyone help? Maybe: http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#ReadOnly or http://contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen Both from Debra Dalgleish's site. Smeeta Geary wrote: > > I'm trying to open an Exc...

Windows Corrupt file
I keep receiveing a message The file or directory c:\Program Files\ common Files\Symantec\EENGINE\EPERSIST.DAT is corrupt and unreadable Please run the Chkdsk utility. When I try to run it nothing happens Can anyone help me? -- BLUESKY In news:F42F67BE-81A1-44FE-A747-6707D684D5A5@microsoft.com, Bluesky <Bluesky@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I keep receiveing a message The file or directory c:\Program Files\ > common Files\Symantec\EENGINE\EPERSIST.DAT is corrupt and unreadable > Please run the Chkdsk utility. > When I try to run it nothing happens >...

sound files in excel?
Is there a way to put a wav file into an excel spreadsheet? Like in it's own cell, like how you can do with a clip art graphic? "dkimball" <dkimball@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3AD62EEB-10DD-4848-B7F1-0C0D40126A89@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to put a wav file into an excel spreadsheet? Like in it's own > cell, like how you can do with a clip art graphic? Have you tried yet? If not, check out Insert>Object>Wave Sound or perhaps Insert>Object>Midi Sequence ...

File access and program-2-program-communication with C++ and Java
Hi! I came across the following problem I have to solve. The operating system is WinXP Pro. There are two programs, a C++- and a Java-program. The two programs have to exchange data. I was looking for an effective way to do that, and finally I chose a file as "shared resource". Both, C++ and Java must read/write into the shared resource. However, the file must not be accessed simultaneously by both of them. Additionally there could be several instances of the C++-progamm. 1. The C++-Side I use the CFile-Class from MFC with Visual C++. The CFile-Class enables to open a file in excl...

Sync Money file in Briefcase
When I try to put my Money file into my briecase it works fine for a while. I can make changes on the laptop file and / or the a desktop file and when I select update they update fine. Then for some reason I have not figured out it will sense a change has been made but when I try to up date it tells me it can't access the desktop file to make the update. Any help would be gratly appreciated. I have made sure that file sharing is available but this does not help. The only way I can make it work again is to change the name of the old file, copy and paste under a new name in &qu...

Missing PSTPRX.DLL file
I can't get outlook to check my email accounts. When I press Send/Receive It gives me the following message "Can't find information service file "PSTPRX.DLL". I have uninstall and reintall multiple times my outlook 2000, outlook 2002 and my outlook XP and still it does not fix the proplem. Can someone help me? Thanks "OL2002: Error Message: MAPI Was Unable to Load the Information Service Pstprx.dll" http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q293058& CAUSE: This problem can occur because Outlook 2002 upgraded the profile once and set a re...

Publishing subprojects without saving or publishing their master
Greetings, We recently discovered that you can highlight multiple projects from Project Server 2007 PWA's Project Center and open them all at once in Project 2007. When doing this, Project opens with a temporary (e.g Project1 or Project2, etc...) master project, with each of the selected projects as a subproject. This is great, since it allows project managers to filter/group/sort all of the projects, select the ones they want and then open them all at once to make changes across them, rather than trying to make the changes to one project at a time. What we can't curren...

.pst file
I have Outlook 2002 and Windows XP. I followed the instructions for "Move contacts to another computer and Copy files to a CD. I can't open the file on the CD, and I can't open the file where it's located in C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook. I get the error message, "Adobe Reader could not open 'My Contacts Backup.pst' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded)." Do you kn...

How to search against XML files in the file system?
Putting the search textbox on the page is the easy part. What's preferred way to find terms in XML files located on the file system? Like finding stuff saved in XML files some of the blogs use these days to store their blog items? There can be lots and lots and lots of XML files on the file system to search. -- <%= Clinton Gallagher NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com URL http://clintongallagher.metromilwaukee.com/ clintonG wrote: > Putting the search textbox on the page is the easy part. What's preferred > way to find terms in XML files located ...

Help with strange .csv files
Please help!! I don't know anything about Excel. I downloaded a zone chart from ups.com (to obtain their shipping info for an e-commerce website) and now I have tons of excel icons on my desktop each time I restart my computer. I delete them to the recycle bin and empty it and they come right back. I went to temporary files and the folder they were located in (Windows/Recent) and deleted them their as well. Yes, they are still back. The files are numbered sequentially and have gone up to over 900. They appear about 60 at a time on my desktop. Any idea what is causing this and how ca...

Error after add new subproject
Hello. I trying to add new subproject and get message "Invalid characters in subproject location". Where is may exist problem? What's the location? I would not use a location with *any* spaces or non-alphanumeric characters anywhere in the path. Paul T. "Sergey" wrote: > Hello. I trying to add new subproject and get message "Invalid characters in > subproject location". Where is may exist problem? "Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]" wrote: > What's the location? I would not use a location with *any* spaces or > non-...

exporting pst files
I am trying to export personal folders from Outlook 2000 to my new computer using import/export but the system won't let me put the information on a CD as it says I don't have access--see administrator. How am I able to use the E drive to download this material? Dirk Copy the file to the harddisk and remove the "Read Only" file attribute. Then connect to it by File-> Open-> Personal Data File... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- &qu...

How do I record a macro which should work on multiple files ?
Hi, I'am interested in creating Macros for some job tasks of mine. I went through the Excel course of "Working with Loops" in Macros and have attained some basic information on VBA. But since I'am not an expert in it, I want to create Excel macros, using the Option " RECORD MACRO" in excel. My problem is that, I want the MACRO to (a) Copy data from 2 files into a new file. (b) Analyze this data with calculations (c) Build a graph.......basically the summary sheet and graph in a new sheet of the new file. I want to know, whether, can we do such a macro using &...