SQL 3.5 SP2 into slot 1

Hi all,

Does anyone know how to get SQL 3.5 SP2  dlls to load into slot 1?

Some detail  - I can't find any QFE for this, only a .cab
installationm so I've taken the files out and manually added them to
my OS build.

However I do not have any .rel files, am I right in thinking without
these I cannot get the dlls to load into slot 1?
If so is there any way of getting the .rel files for SQL 3.5 SP2 ?

Cheers

Dan

0
DanL

Without the .rel files you can't load into slot1.  The .rel file comes from
the linker so if you aren't creating the .dll yourself I think you're out of
luck...

--
Dean Ramsier - eMVP
BSQUARE Corporation

"DanL" <driverman.work@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know how to get SQL 3.5 SP2  dlls to load into slot 1?
>
> Some detail  - I can't find any QFE for this, only a .cab
> installationm so I've taken the files out and manually added them to
> my OS build.
>
> However I do not have any .rel files, am I right in thinking without
> these I cannot get the dlls to load into slot 1?
> If so is there any way of getting the .rel files for SQL 3.5 SP2 ?
>
> Cheers
>
> Dan

0
Dean
7/1/2010 3:55:47 PM
Thanks - I wonder whether MS will ever release the .rel files for this
update? I guess its not a priority, since I assume CE 6.0 no longer
needs them due to the different memory layout.
0
DanL

Help! error while installing CRM 3.0
Hi, During the installation of the CRM SBE 3.0 on SBS server 2003 premium, performing binary install of Microsoft CRM server components, I got en error, CRM 3.0 server setup failed, here is the last part of the crm30svrsetup.log. .... Installing MSCRM prepopulated data 08:49:50| Info| Creating indices in MSCRM database 08:49:51| Error| Install exception.System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.InstallDatabaseAction failed. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: The Microsoft Search service cannot be administered under the present user account at System.Data.SqlClien...

Exchamge 2003, 5.5 and Zimbra
Hi there, In my Org we have an exchange 5.5 and 2003 email setup all in the same domain. Our parent company in the US has only have exchange 5.5 servers, while we have both exchange 5.5 and 2003 here in Europe. The US have installed Zimbra (in the same domain) and are wanting to move away from Exchange 5.5 as soon as they can with us in Europe doing the same shortly afterwards. However, this is causing problems with emails not being received from users/test mailboxes who have migrated over to/setup on the Zimbra server who are on any exchange 2003 server. They way the US setup their u...

Upgrading Mfg to 7.5
I am working through a test upgrade from 7.0 through 7.5 on my way to 9.0. After upgrading to 7.5 and applying the service pack for Manufacturing downloaded from CustomerSource I receive a message when logging in that I need to upgrade manufacturing to 7.50.42. The only service pack I could find is build 7.50.11. Does anyone know where I can get the .cnk for build 7.5.42? The .sql script with the service pack updated some tables, IVR10015 specifically, and now when I access some Mfg windows, such as Item Engineering Data, I receive the message that the "Number of results columns doesn...

Business Portal 2.5 With Feature Pack
What are the differences between Business Portal 2.5 and Business Portal 2.5 with feature pack? I am wondering if it is worth the trouble of upgrading. Hi tremorrs, thank you for your post. You can find the information that you are looking for at the following location: https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?=WTNTZSMNWUKNTMMYKKQRRUZVRPSSXNSNKOTUPWVUQWXQKQUU I've included the summary of this document below...please let us know if you need any additional information. Thanks, Scott SUMMARY Microsoft Business Solutions - Great Plains Business Portal 2.5 Feature Pack ...

SFO 1.2 Client
Hi, I've installed SFO on two machines as per the instructions and all seemed to go well until I tried to get them to "Go Offline". In each case I accepted the default settings in the offline options screen and pressed OK. A download status box came up with the word "Initializing" then nothing happens for a few minutes and eventually I get an error message saying "you do not have sufficient permissions or access rights to perform this action". Everything seems to work fine when I'm online though. Client machines are Win XP/Outlook 2003 and Win 2K/O...

XP 3 and upgrading from IE7 to IE8
When attempting to upgrade from IE7 to IE8 i am informed i need to download a required file. When i execute this file i get a dialogue box stating that i have a newer file version of this on my PC and i do not need to install it. My only option is to press OK, which terminates the installation proccess. Is there any way, short of uninstalling service pack 3 and IE 7 (if that is indeed possible) to overcome this? HOW TO solve IE8 installation problems http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949220 No-charge support for Internet Explorer 8 installation, set-up and usage (only) is avai...

In-Transit Transfer Entry #3
The ability to void a partially shipped In-Transit Transfer is needed. There is not way to remove this open record. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=a6f3c02...

CRM 3.0
Hi, I have been reading forums for a while now and have tried basically everything that I could get my hands on to try and resolve my problem and have not been successful. Here is my setup, the problem and then followed by what I have tried: Setup: --------- SBS 2003 Server 4 Gig of Ram, CRM 3.0 GIGbit Lan Mixture of XP and Vista PCs. (Total of 10 stations using the CRM) Problem: ------------ I have changed IE User Authentication to prompt for username and password. Login with any user account using IE 7 on XP or Vista. The Side Panel and Header display almost instantly. The First page is t...

Programmatically Update a Form's Combo Box Default Value and SQL Record Source
I have one Sales Activity form that I use for data entry and for viewing all records by Sales Person (EmployeeID). Without having to have multiple instances of this form, I want to accomplish the below; based on which EmployeeID (sales person) opens the form in either mode: 1. For the data entry mode – I want the Combo Box’s Default Value to change, based on my user (EmployeeID); 2. Show All Records mode – I want the SQL record source to filter on that sales person’s records (EmployeeID) I’ve got some code for passwords, so I hope I can utilize that part of it; I just do not know how to do ...

CRM 1.2 Crystal Reports Error: updateViewState failed
When any user in the system tries to display a report, CRM gives the following error: ------------------------------------------ CrystalReportViewer updateViewState failed Your request was cancelled. The necessary security privileges could not be verified. Please contact your system administrator. ------------------------------------------ We are using CRM 1.2 on Win S2003. How can I fix this? -- /Fredrik try restarting the crystal services and test again -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Fredr...

Project Timesheet
We have set up a user in the PDK and mapped it to a GP user with all project access. The BP user is setup as Project Timesheet creator and as approver as well as an employee role mapped to the GP user in project in the sample company. When we log in as this user, we can get to the project selction but the message ' Entity, TimesheetConfig is not found. Supply the correct query parameters for the entity. I can get to the project approval page as this user is set up as a manager. The timesheet config table is present but contains no data. Any ideas what we might be missing here? ...

CRM 3.0 Opportunity history and related records
I am working with multiple quotes within a single opportunity. As a quote is revised and replaced by a new quote, a quote rule automatically schedules a task to follow-up the quote. This task appears in the history for the quote (once the task has been completed obviously), but it does not appear in the history for the opportunity. The quote is related to the opportunity as it appears in the quotes tab for that opportunity. I expected to see the history item in the opportunity history if I included 'Related Records' in the filter - but it's not there. Am I missing somethin...

gift receipts #5
I have downloaded the gift receipt format and added it to my list of receipt formats - now I don't know how to get it to work. I have two printers at my POS stations - one for the 40 column receipt a one for a full page. We are set up right now for the cashiers to be asked which printer to use as we have both cash customers for the small receipts and account customers who get a full page receipt. How do I get an option to print a small format gift receipt. -- Merle Merle - My understanding is that the "out of the box" solution will not allow you to do gift receipt pr...

HELP!! Excel and PowPnt crash on startup in Office vx under 10.3.2
I'm getting crashes in Excel and PP whenever I try to run them. I'm running Panther 10.3.2 and have updated everything I can. Any suggestions? Thanks, Dan Dan Gordon <gojet@jetpropics.com> wrote: Hi Dan, > I'm getting crashes in Excel and PP whenever I try to run them. I'm > running Panther 10.3.2 and have updated everything I can. > Any suggestions? Try going to the preference folder in your user account and in the Microsoft folder, delete the Carbon registration database and the Office 10 font cache. These two files will be automatically re-create...

Installing SQL on the SBS server
Hi all, I know that with SBS 2008 Premium you would normally use the second Win Srv 2008 SE licence to install SQL 2008 SE on. I remember hearing years ago that it is not recommended that SQL and Exchange be installed on the same Windows instance (i.e. one Windows Server OS running both Exch and SQL). Have things moved on? Is this not so much of an issue with Exch 2007 and SQL 2008, and therefore it is not such a bad move to stick both SQL and Exch on the SBS server? The reason I ask is that I have bought the Backup Exec 2010 SBS bundle. Really good value. However, you...

Sorting an Array #3
I have an array of 2 columns: A & B. A contains a Product Code and B contains a Product Description which can sometimes be unique or sometimes the same description. For example: A1 B1 1 X8 ThingA 2 X8 ThingA 3 G9 WidgetA 4 S5 PartA 5 G9 WidgetB 6 X8 PartB 7 W1 StuffA 8 W1 StuffA 9 X8 ThingA I need to be able to create a list, by Product Code, listing only one occurrance per product description. Essentially, the same way a Filter displays items in a column. -- Regards... You could select column B. Then Data|filter|advanced fil...

About CRM 3.0 Speed
We have in our production system delay of 6-7 seconds when opening any CRM pages. It seems that after page reguest from client, nothing happens for this 6-7 seconds, but after this page itself opens wery quickly. Configuration: Client: mainly Core 2 Duo w/ 2G CRM / Exchange: SBS2003 w/2G, no R2 or ISA Separate SQL 2005 3G RAM, 2x72G 10krpm Raid 1 w/battery accelerator. 100Mb LAN When i access CRM, it seems that no stress to SQL server is produced. So I am pretty sure its not SQL that causes this delay. I have read a tons of suggested workarouds, but nothing seens to help. Any further i...

sync contacts/calander for 1 user between 2 servers
I have a user who has an account on two exchange 5.5 servers (two different NT domains). This user would like their contacts and calendar sync'd between the two servers (does NOT want email sync'd). The two servers have full IP (no firewall or nat) visibility to each other but otherwise have nothing to do with each other. Anyone have any ideas? ...

FBI FORENSICS CAN FIND DELETED FILES xxxaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssaaaaaaaaa\aaaa 307 [1/4]
You're in Serious Trouble - It's a Proven Fact! FBI FORENSICS CAN FIND DELETED FILES THERE ARE THINGS ON YOUR COMPUTER THAT YOU THOUGHT YOU DELETED. !!!!BUT THEY ARE STILL THERE!!! Click here for details on the EVIDENCE ELIMINATOR Clear your computer of incriminating files that you cannot delete. www.removefiles.com THIS IS A MUST READ!!!! www.removefiles.com ew5r4325435435435435 43 543 5 435 435 43 5 435 435435 4360i0iretret=reyt-=erfgytkretretretretretretretretredfgfdgfdgfd ...

Merging 3 Workbooks without using macros
Hello, There are three of us that keep track of data for our respective departments in Excel but would like to merge only certain data into one master worksheet so our boss can see a general snap shot as to what we are doing. Is it possible to merge our workbooks automatically as we enter data? Our worksheets are the same size. I know I can use a macro to do this, but it only works when all the worksheets are in the same workbook. We each need to be able to add data throughout the day and not worry that someone else is using the worksheet. Any help is appreciated. Thanks Mark Hi...

Mailbox Manager Report #3
I have setup our mailbox manager to report on the deletion of all Appointments and Tasks older than one year on our Exchange 2003 SP2 server running on Windows Server 2003 SP1. The report that is generated states the following... "Size of messages that would be moved or deleted: 4686570.47 MB" The entire private Exchange store is only 36GB so how could this possibly be correct? Hi Dan, This is "expected" behavior. The Mailbox manager operates on a MAPI level and is not able to determine anything about single instancing within the store. So it basically adds up...

Outlook 2000 Rules Wizard #3
I set up a rule to delete messages with certain words in the Subject line to help filter SPAM. The problem is, it deletes the message like it's supposed to but leaves the mail new mail icon in the system tray like it's still there. So when an email comes in the icon appears but when I check there is no new message. Can anyone help with this. Danny Dunno about OL2000, but the OL2003 rules wizard has a "mark message as read" step - add that to your rule before it gets deleted, and that should take care of it? HTH JeffG On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 23:14:15 GMT, &qu...

can't download sp1 or sp2
Money will not do the update... I can disable my firewall and anti virus, and it still sends the error... can't do this something is interfeering. I can still sign in to MSN, and get my financials, stock updates, just no SP1 or SP2... I'm tired of being reminded that Money won't work unless I do this upgrade... I asked Microsoft Support to email or send a link to ftp the files and they are refusing. I have emailed with support for over 3 weeks, following instructions of emptying my cache, making sure certain dlls are installed and running, deleting keys, reinstalling, disabeling...

Environment test before CRM 3.0 installation.
Hi. Is is possible to run the environment test without running the CRM app server setup? I would like to know if everything is in place before I run the installation. (I'm waiting for the license key and CD kit, and would like to use the waiting time to prepare the server) Thanks Jacob Mondrup Vivant IT management Denmark. No, but when you run installation, it first check through environment diagnostic wizard. so no need to worry. just run the MS CRM Splash screen wizard. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gm...

SQLjobvis 3.0 (free)
SQLsoft is pleased to announce the official release of version 3 of SQLjobvis - a totally free tool for SQL Server 2005 and above. SQLjobvis displays your SQL agent job run history in a timeline, making it easy to identify long-running, failed or clashing jobs. Check it out today at http://www.sqlsoft.co.uk/sqljobvis.php. Regards, Will Alber (SQLsoft). __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4913 (20100303) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com ...