SHBrowseForFolder (Resource file)

Hi,

Is anybody know what is the file name of the resource file containing the
dialog when calling the windows API fonction "SHBrowseForFolder" ?

I look isome of the RC file present in the following folder
"\cesysgen\oak\target\ARMV4I\retail\0409" but I did not found it :(

I thought it was "shlwapi.res" but it seem to no.

I need to modify it because on my device the height of the "SysListView32"
control is too long. Also the OK and CANCEL button are outbout the screen.

I also tried using FindWindows and MoveWindows API to move these controls
but it is a nightmare. And as some of my device are running on Windows CE 5
and few other on 6.0, the code was not working.

Best regards,
Martin

Calls whose names begin with "Sh" are shell APIs.  My guess would be
somewhere in \public\shell or \public\shellapi.  It's not necessarily true
that every RES file used in Windows CE has a publically-available .RC file,
either.

Paul T.

"Erakis" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is anybody know what is the file name of the resource file containing the
> dialog when calling the windows API fonction "SHBrowseForFolder" ?
>
> I look isome of the RC file present in the following folder
> "\cesysgen\oak\target\ARMV4I\retail\0409" but I did not found it :(
>
> I thought it was "shlwapi.res" but it seem to no.
>
> I need to modify it because on my device the height of the "SysListView32"
> control is too long. Also the OK and CANCEL button are outbout the screen.
>
> I also tried using FindWindows and MoveWindows API to move these controls
> but it is a nightmare. And as some of my device are running on Windows CE 5
> and few other on 6.0, the code was not working.
>
> Best regards,
> Martin

File Encryption Help
Hello, I really hope someone has done this before so they can help me reverse a BIG mistake? I have about four files encrypted and I forgot about them when I reformatted my PC. Now I cannot open the files. Am I screwed or what? Can anyone get me out of this jam PLease?! THank you Joe I don't have any suggestions to help, but you may want to post how you encrypted the file. Joe wrote: > > Hello, > > I really hope someone has done this before so they can help me reverse a BIG > mistake? > > I have about four files encrypted and I forgot about them when I ref...

Projectwise Resource Engaged & Availability report
Hi, I am new to MSP & MSPWA. We generally use MSP & PWA to manage our projects. Now we require a report that shows status (Allocated and Available) of all active resources on a particular day or daywise. Is there any existing report for it or how can it be developed? Please help me out. Hi, a tip for your next question: to get answers for project server questions, it is better to ask in microsoft.public.project.server. There are several methods to see what you want to see. Depends if you want to have a graphical overview, on the number of your active resources, .... ...

Change Icon only for one File (not whole extension)
Hi all, i need to change the icon for just single files, not for the whole extension type. I have no proplem getting the apropriate icons, but i don't find a way to set an icon for a file only. All I found was changing the registry for all f.ex. *.htm files. But there must be a way to do that, as i saw on my system that different *.htm files show up using different icons (IE Icon, Exchange Icon, Frontpage Icon,..). Can anybody give me a hint? Thanks, Wolfgang ...

Publisher 2003 files can't be opened by Publisher 2000 users
Even though I save files created in Publisher 2003 as Publisher 2000 files they can't be opened by associates who are using Publisher 2000. What might be the problem? Does it happen every time? I've had it happen to me occasionally but I've found a little perseverance seems to do the trick. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "hobnail" <hobnail@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:267B71A6-55FD-4C7E-97DA-A37FBC9F75FA@microsoft.com... > Even though I save files created in Publisher 2003 as Publisher 2000 files > they can't be ...

Attachments sent as .doc
Outlook 2003. Meeting minutes sent out as .doc attachments, we have a recipient who receives the attachments as zip files. What can cause this to happen? Only 1 recipient? Then this recipient could have a compressing utility installed which zips incoming attachments. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Gordon" <gordonbparker@yahoo.com> wrote in message ...

Excel 2007 "document not saved" when on a network share AND file set as an offline file
Hello~ Have this annoying REPEATABLE problem with Excel 2007 running on Vista Business saving to a share on Windows Server 2003. On the client, Vista and Excel all up-to-date with SPs, the machine is part of a domain, and some files on different shares are set to be available offline. On the server, Windows 2003 also up-to-date, the client user has full permissions in all the directories in question - both share permissions and NTFS permissions), and the directory is set to make only files users specify to be available offline. Client has no problem opening and saving files in Excel that ar...

Error saving Excel files in a network drive
I have a problem saving Excel files onto a network drive. I get an error saying it was imposible to save the file. It creates a temporary file and then I have to open it and save it as a new document. This issue doesn�t occur saving the file in my hard disk. This happens with "Full control" access to the shared folder... I have Windows XP and Office 2000. Thanks in advance Mateo. Hi Mateo, > I have a problem saving Excel files onto a network drive. I get an error > saying it was imposible to save the file. It creates a temporary file and > then I have to open it and sav...

Corrupt system file
On a working WinXP system, I got a message that a file, I think c:/WINDOWS/system32/wbem/framedyn.dll, is corrupt. How can I verify that claim and how can I restore that file? "Herzl Regev" wrote: > On a working WinXP system, I got a message that a file, I think > c:/WINDOWS/system32/wbem/framedyn.dll, is corrupt. How can I verify that > claim and how can I restore that file? See the following KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319114 On 4/1/2010 10:21 AM, Herzl Regev wrote: > On a working WinXP system, I got a message that a file, I thi...

Load Toolbar from resource-only dll
Hi all, I'm trying to load a Toolbar into my app from a resource-only dll. Code snippet: dllHandle = LoadLibraryEx(path, 0, LOAD_LIBRARY_AS_DATAFILE); HMODULE back = AfxGetResourceHandle(); AfxSetResourceHandle(dllHandle); CToolBar tb; tb.LoadToolBar(toolbarResourceID); AfxSetResourceHandle(back); FreeLibrary(dllHandle); The toolbar isn't loaded using this code. What am I doing wrong? There is no Win32 API-function like LoadMenu() for CMenu which receives a resource handle and the CToolBar class does not provide support for this (like CString does: CString::LoadString() receives a r...

Trouble Opening Files
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3240480559_5991109 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit I receive files with a .xls extention from time to time and I am unable to open them. I can choose to open but it never finishes loading. Is this an Excel file and if so why can�t I open it? Thanks for your help everyone! --B_3240480559_5991109 Content-type: text/html; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printab...

Resources
I have created dialogs (resources) in one project and I'd like to use them in the other project. How can I import resource file from the other project? I'm using VC++ 6. You can drag and drop between the two resources in the resource view. Another option is to open the .rc files in text mode, and copy and paste the resources as text. -- Bjarne Nielsen "Oliver Young" <none> skrev i en meddelelse news:%23Q1qY9yvDHA.1760@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > > I have created dialogs (resources) in one project and I'd like to use > them in the other project....

Excel hyperlink to another Excel file
I created a hyperlink in A Excel file to B Excel file. It referenced a bookmark in B. It worked when I tried it before I closed it and it worked. When I opened A again and clicked the hyperlink, it said "The address of the site is not valid...Check the address and try again." My guess would be that you need to open B Excel file, too Carole O "Frustrated Engineer" wrote: > I created a hyperlink in A Excel file to B Excel file. It referenced a > bookmark in B. It worked when I tried it before I closed it and it worked. > When I opened A again and cli...

Help recovering MS Word DOCX files
I had three MS Word 2007 docx files on my hard drive. I deleted them and emptied the trash. I immediately used some File Recovery programs to try to recover them. The programs were unable to find them. That seems very strange to me. Is it possibly because they are docx files? This is a relatively new file type by Microsoft, right? I am using MS Word with Vista Home Premium. I should probably add that the programs cannot find files with the names of the files I deleted. Are the names changed when they are deleted and the Recycle Bin emptied? I have heard that files are not wiped c...

Import Quattro Pro .wb1 and .wb2 files
Please, where will I find a utility to import Quattro Pro .wb1 and .wb2 files? Thank You! Wayne If convenient, pls e-mail your answer to wgd.roaming@verizon.net Doesn't anyone know how to import Quattro files into Excel? Have much stuff written using that program - would like to take advantage of work already done. Wayne "WGD" <wgd.roaming@verizon.net> wrote in message news:XdyRb.10489$BY3.10427@nwrddc01.gnilink.net... > Please, where will I find a utility to import Quattro Pro .wb1 and .wb2 > files? > > Thank You! > > Wayne > > If conv...

Resources (rooms and equipment)
Hello, I'm a bit new to this topic, but I have figured out how to create a resource for users to schedule. One thing I'd like to see is the Resource to automatically accept or decline the request AND to send me a notice of the event (and not require my interaction). The purpose for this is so I have a warning (meeting request notice) that the user is requesting the latpop or projector etc. Perhaps there is another solution? Any help is appreciated. ....the topics I have read about show how to auto accept/decline OR have a delegate accept/decline the request, not a mixture like I...

How do I attach a file with an answer?
Hi folks, I've forgotten how/if one can attach a file to a solution. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire We mostly post files to a free web service Shane, and provide a link to that. -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "ShaneDevenshire" <ShaneDevenshire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB401F15-FF19-4482-B981-CF9354D53288@microsoft.com... > Hi folks, > > I've forgotten how/if one can attach a file to a solution. > > -- > Thanks, > Shane Devenshire ...

New Archive.pst file
How do I create a new archive2010.pst file? I want to keep archives by year. William Wolfe;114692 Wrote: > How do I create a new archive2010.pst file? I want to keep archives by > year. Change the name of the autoarchive file in the AutoArchive options, then stop and restart Outlook. The next time autoarchive runs, Outlook will create that PST. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] http://forums.slipstick.com ...

Opening Excel file from Windows Explorer
When I try to open Excel from explorer Excel opens but the file does load. This is perculiar to Excel as all others work fine. I have tried the usual suspects like file associations with no results. Any ideas? Hi try the following: goto 'Tools-Options-General " and uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel 1. Close Excel first and 2. On the Windows Taskbar 2.1 Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2.2 Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK. -- Regar...

why resource file not closing?(silly but imp question)
hello, I created a dialog based sample project called "example".In the example.rc2 file i added some code for changing size of the dialog box.When i compiled and build the proj it gave me an error at that point.BEfore compilation it gave the message that .rc2 file will be opened on continuing.I continued with compilation process.The microsoft generated script file is opened telling all the details of the resources in the project.I deleted my wrong code by clicking on file tab and selecting file.rc2. Now as i compiled the proj it gave no error and execute...

pst-file
Hallo NG, habe ein Problem mit einem PST-File, dieser File liegt auf einem Server(wegen Backup). Wenn ich Outlook �ffne kann ich auf diesen File zugreifen, danach schlie�e ich Outlook wieder (im Taskmanager l�uft dann auch keine outlook.exe mehr). Es gibt auch keinen PDA oder einen anderen User der auf diesen File zugreift Wenn ich jetzt Outllok wieder �ffne oder versuche diesen File zu kopieren, kann dies nicht erfolgen da der file von einem Prozess gesperrt ist. Wenn ich dann den Server neustarte kann ich den file dann wieder einmal mit Outlook benutzen, den die Sperrung des files wird...

Recovery file???
Hello all, I upgrade my MS Office from 2003 to 2007. Opened an Excel file and saved it as a new workbook. Now I have this hidden file with the name of my file preceeded with ~$ and xlsx extension that refuses to go away. If I delete it, it appears to go away then as soon as I refresh, it's back. My files are in my data folder on a network drive. The file is NOT open. My workstation has been re-booted but the server with the user data files has not. Anyone know how I can get rid of that file WITHOUT re-booting my server??? Thanks, John This is not something that excel does. ...

cannot attach files using OWA
Ever since we have upgraded to Exchange 2000 we cannot attach files larger than 6K from NT machines (with IE6) using Outlook Web Access. Try posting this to an Exchange group as Outlook Web Access is a function of Exchange, not Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, J Johnson asked: | Ever since we have upgraded to Exchange 2000 we cannot | attach...

How do I back up (copy) my Outlook Express mail files?
All I want to do is have a backup copy of all my Outlook Express email folders and files. How do I do this? >-----Original Message----- >All I want to do is have a backup copy of all my Outlook Express email=20 >folders and files. How do I do this? >. > These Newsgroups address Office Outlook. The Outlook Express gurus hang out here: http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=3DInternetExp= lorer This product will do what you wish for a price (I use it for Office Outlook and it has saved me a couple of times. http://www.ajsystems.com/obp4.html=20 http:/...

How to open a pst file
I have an old outlook file that is password protected. Now I need to open it but I can not remember the password. Can anyone please advise if I can do anything to open the file, such as reset the password, remove the password protection or change the access permision on the file? Thanks See http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/passwordonpst.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers --...

Sequential File Saving
Hi I would like to know if it possible to have a piece of visual basic code that when executed will perform a "save as" with a sequential number. That is to say each time you run the code it has for example "save as" 00001.xls, 00002.xls, 00003.xls etc etc. Also where should I should place the code. I am running Windows 2000, with Excel 2000. Thanks John Hi John one way (using cell A1 on sheet1 to store this number) would be the following macro (for getting started with macros see: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm) sub save_me_seq() dim fname w...