Regarding the bluetooth driver on WINCE5.0

Hi CEAssist,

Thanks in advance,
i am porting the thirdparty bluetooth stack onto the WINCE 6.0, I.MX31,
does the wince 6.0 has the bluetooth driverfor establishing the
communication between the host and the controller...i want to have the UART
as the physical transport layer between the host and the controller...

i want to know the driver name used for driving the controller... is it the
uart driver or the hci driver which drives the controller...?

please reply ASAP this is very much required for my work...

With Best Regards,
Vinayakumarc

On 4/7/2010 4:38 PM, Vinayakumar C wrote:
> Hi CEAssist,
>
> Thanks in advance,
> i am porting the thirdparty bluetooth stack onto the WINCE 6.0, I.MX31,
> does the wince 6.0 has the bluetooth driverfor establishing the
> communication between the host and the controller...i want to have the UART
> as the physical transport layer between the host and the controller...
>
> i want to know the driver name used for driving the controller... is it the
> uart driver or the hci driver which drives the controller...?
>
> please reply ASAP this is very much required for my work...

The UART driver is used to transfer the data over a serial connection,
is not bluetooth specific, but it's used by some of the bluetooth stacks
provided with CE to transfer HCI command to the external BT controller.
What do you need to implement? Bluetooth stack for a serial controller
currently not supported by CE? A driver for a BT device communicating
over a custom protocol? A driver for a BT device communicating using a
protocol based on RFCOMM (serial port emulation)?
You may need to interface to different layers of the OS to perform those
operations. If you explain your requirements more clearly someone may
provide a more detailed and specific answer.

--
Valter Minute (eMVP)
Training, support and development for Windows CE:

picklist Synchronization in CRM 3.0 to 4.0
Hi, I have created a custom picklist in crm3.0, where VALUE of picklist are different than the Value of CRM4.0 pick list. Does it impact while Synchronization, i mean when migrating from 3.0 to 4.0? eg: Attribute Picklist3.0 One value is 1 Two value is 3 Three value is 2 Four value is 5 (HERE Value 4 is no longer, its deleted) Attribute Picklist4.0 One value is 1 Two value is 2 Three value is 3 Does is required the same order value in both version? -john I have migrated the system with custom picklist and they are migrated and appeas as they were in CRM 3.0 . /Aamir ...

"Send and Receive" in regards to an Exchange account
We have an Outlook 2003 user setup with Exchange 2003, he also uses the client to access about a dozen POP accounts. When he clicks "send and receive" it seems to get stuck on the exchange account. It says "processing" and takes for ever. But "send and receive" isn't required to get Exchange mail, since it's always connected. Yet his Exchange mail comes in normally, with no delays. It's only when he uses "send and receive" that it seems to sit there forever. Has anyone seen this before? Or is there a way to not include the Exchange account wh...

CRM 3.0
Hi, The import fonction now displays HTML and Picture as available formats to choose from. There is no way of selecting CSV or TXT. thanks for helpful any comments ...

Regarding Dynamic chart
Dear All I have problem in formula ans it was solved Mr. Max , now i am facing problem in Chart please do the needful . I am mention the my problem and the formula given by Mr.Max . In cell b1 my input value varies from 1-30 in e1 my input will be amount it varies assume 300000. i want formula in a5 to show 0 and a6 as 1 so on till i get the input in b1 .. and in c5 i need a formula =$e$1*((2*(a5/$b$1)^2-(a5/$b$1)^4) till same as in column based on the value in b1. wish you all a very happy new year -2010 in advance A B C D E ...

popup IE window from outlook 12.0
We have created an outlook addin, in which clicking a button an IE window is popped up. We use the InternetExplorer.Navigate2() method to popup the new window which is present in the Interop.SHDocVw dll. The window opens "always on top" with Outlook 2003 and IE6 or 7 provided the Microsoft Outlook 11.0 object library (9.2) . We are in the process of migration to Outlook 2007 and we included Microsoft Outlook 12.0 object library 12.0.4518.1014 to build the solution. No code change on the Navigation part. But we see a different behaviour. Its always displayed as minimized blinki...

Explanation regarding code
Hello ! I am debugging a program wriiten by someone else in VC++. I have a doubt at a class definition. The code is something like given below: ********************************************************** class CT_pio : public CWinThread { DECLARE_DYNCREATE(CT_pio) protected: CT_pio(); public: // Override //{{AFX_VIRTUAL(CT_pio) public: virtual BOOL InitInstance(); virtual int ExitInstance(); //}}AFX_VIRTUAL // Implementation protected: virtual ~CT_pio(); DECLARE_MESSAGE_MAP() private: class PC_main *c_main_p; class CT_motor *c_motor_p; class CT_pio *c_pio_p; } I ha...

Filtering floppy operations with minifilter driver
I want to filter floppy disks operations with the file system minifilter driver. The problem is that I cannot attach minifilter to the drive unless the disk is inserted. If disk is not inserted into the drive, the FilterAttach function returns error (ERROR_FLT_DELETING_OBJECT (0X801F000B) for Windows XP and ERROR_FLT_VOLUME_NOT_FOUND (0x 801F0014) for Windows 7). When the disk is inserted, all works fine. After ejecting/inserting the disk minifilter continues to work properly. Is there any way to attach minifilter to the floppy drive without physical disk inserted into it? T...

CreateInstance() works in VC6.0 but not in VC7.0
Hi, We've recently upgraded from VC6.0 to VC7.0. We've solved most of the problems but this one is very strange: This is the code I used in my project in VC6.0: #import "gkadw.tlb" //creating interface to the object I need typedef Gkadw::IGkadwPtr GkadwPtr; static GkadwPtr* gKadPtr; static BOOL InstanceWasCreated = FALSE; GkadwPtr GetGkadwPtr() { if (!InstanceWasCreated) { gKadPtr = new GkadwPtr; HRESULT Res = gKadPtr->CreateInstance(__uuidof(Gkadw::Document)); //this line didn't have any problem in VC6.0 but in VC7.0 it doesn't work. if (!(SUCCEEDED(...

regarding focus
Gurus, I have MDI MFC application . I click a menu item and a modeless dialog CPalette is created. void CMainFrame::OnToolsOpenpalette() I have added a variable to CMainFrame i.e. CPalette *mypal; Now real problem is When this dialog is displayed it gets all the focus and my main frame, view loses focus and there is some color change in the title bar of these windows. If focus gets to frame or view then dialogs loses focus and some color change occurs to dialog title. which is very irritating. I dont want this. I want the CPalette dialog to look like a component of MainFrame. There should...

Using the "Regarding" action in Outlook integration FAILS with
When i use the "regarding" action in Outlook integration and attempt to query a Campaign, I get an error message pop up "Error has occurred" and I get a grid refresh failed. Does this have to do with a customization that is causing the query to throw and exception? And how to I validate that? Ray Casey Hi Ray, activities cannoot be set regarding a campaign. There's a bug in CRM 4.0 that shows Campaigns in the Set Regarding list of entities -- but you'll get an error message if you attempt to use it. Campaign planning tasks and campaign activities and ...

GP 10.0 Windows Minimizing
Hello: Most of the time, I receive nothing but compliments on the new user interface in GP 10.0. But, a client that is upgrading from 9.0 to 10.0 does not like the new "Windows" interface where all screens are minimized once you click on another screen. They are an insurance processing company and they need customer notes, inquiry, maintenance, and transaction screens to refer to as they are entering data. They do not have Modifier. Is there an ISV out there that will allow windows to "stick" and not be minimized? They also don't like the fact that, when a w...

Updating Rates in 8.0
We recently upgraded to 8.0; now when the users try to update rates it requires the system password. Even though no password is set in Multicurrency Setup. I don't want the users to have access to the system password but I do need them to be able to update the rates themselves. Is there any way to solve this dilema? It worked fine in 7.5 - as long as I gave the user rights to Multicurrency Exchange Rate Maintenance, they had no problems updating rates. Any help appreciated. According to GP's TK, the issue is that it isn't prompting for a password in version 8: Qual...

Question Regarding Milestones Going Back to 0%
Hello, Does anybody know why this is happening or if there is a fix I can use? I’ve got a master project with several sub-projects in it. When I accept status updates from resources via PWA, all milestones that were 100% change to 0%. Does anybody know why this is happening or if there is a fix I can use? Thank you in advance! Tim ...

Regarding Archiving
There seems to be a strange occurance that is taking place in Outlook 2003. I do not want Outlook 2003 to archive anything at all, but rather I wish to do the archiving manually keeping everything back a full 24 months. After that I have no problem with the material being archived. Sometimes however, I will go back looking for an email that I know was sent a few months previous and cannot find it. It seems to appear for a time, but then for some unexplained reason to me seems to vanish! I want to make sure that I have the settings right, here is what I did. 1. Tools > Options>Othe...

RMS 3.0 ?
Does anyone have any news on new features in the upcoming RMS 3.0 release? There has been almost no mention of 3.0 here in this group. Is this release still set for Q1 2008? I think it is still scheduled for this date in the US but not until later elsewhere. I'm not sure if it will be on time though. I have seen a sneak preview and its very much based on 2.0 but is written in ..NET so looks a lot better and hopefully should be much more easy to customize. "Stringers" wrote: > Does anyone have any news on new features in the upcoming RMS 3.0 release? > There has be...

Regarding ISR
HI, I have to implement a scenario such that, one of my driver calls a routine of another driver in its ISR. The routine of the second driver returns only after getting an interrupt in the second driver's IST. Could anybody tell me, whether this will work or not. Both the drivers share the same IRQ. TIA Gomas How do you link the 'other driver routine' to your ISR? The DLL containing the ISR : Cannot have dependent DLLs Cannot link implicitly to any other DLL, and all code must be contained in the DLL Must be compiled to eliminate the C Run-Time Library from...

Trigger on RM00101 throws exception error in GP 8.0
I've added an AFTER UPDATE trigger to the RM00101 table (customer master) in a Great Plains 8.0 SQL Server 2000 DB. Upon a change to one of 21 fields (separated by "or"s), the trigger assigns field values to variables, constructs an update query, and executes the query on a table in a linked SQL Server 2005 DB. The trigger works fine when fired as a result of a direct field update made through Enterprise Manager. However, when the same update is made through the Great Plains GIU (customer card window), an exception error is thrown: "Unhandled database exception: A Sa...

PO Export with RMS 2.0
Hello, We recently upgraded from 1.3 to 2.0. I having some challenges with the way 2.0 exports purchase orders. With 1.3, I could sort the contents of my purchase order by item lookup code, price, description, etc. When I exported it to Email/HTML, the export would occur in the sorted manner I had chosen. Now, with RMS 2.0, whenver I export to Email/HTML the ONLY way it will sort is by item lookup code. This creates some real challenges for me, as my items are now mixed up in an illogical way for my supplier to understand. Thanks, Al Al, When you export to HTML, have you notice...

File system filter driver: WDF or WDM?
Hi, I can't figure out what technology to use for my problem. In order to write a "filter driver" for the file system, can I use the newer WDF (Windows Driver Foundation) or do I need to use the older WDM? (And if I can use WDF, should I use KMDF or UMDF?) Here is a longer explanation: I need my application (www.tabbles.net) to be notified of any file that is created, deleted, or moved, in any disk in the current computer, reliably. The filesystemwatcher in .NET is not reliable enough. I seem to understand that, for total reliability, I need to write a "filter d...

CRM3.0 Question on Activity
Hello, I am using CRM3.0. I have the following case. 1. Create Campaign 2. Add contact to campaign list 3. Create Campaign activity - Phone call 4. Distribute activity 5. CRM User will make phone call 6. When contact is interest, CRM user will make a "Free Trail" for contact. I am having troble in step 6. So far as I know, I have two choices for "Free Trail". A) Service Activity If I choose to create a service activity, then I can not link up the service activity with the campaign or phone call. B) Appointment If I choose appointment, I can set "regarding"...

Regarding CIPAddressCtrl
Hi, Here i am facing problem with, CIPAddressCtrl. i have created a dilaog based application. In this application i have used CTabCtrl and CIPAddressCtrl. I have placed the IPAdress control praent dilaog,not on any tabs. And i have created one combobox in tab1. Here my need is when there is a change in the ComboBox, it has to read the value of IPAddrss Control value and based on that value we will assign some value to this Combobox. Here i am facing the problem ,"GETTING THE VALUE FROM IPADDRSSCTRL(WHICH PLACED ON THE PARENT DIALOG) FROM THE TAB DIALOGBOX CONTROL."...

How do you not include 0 value data on a graph?
I have a chart made that is formulated so that data fills in automatically every month. I then have a graph attached that plots the data. My problem is that when there is no data for that month then the graph plots a continuous line that shows 0 after the real data. Is there anything that I can put in the formula so that if there is no value or 0 value it won't plot it on the graph? Hope this question makes sense! Absolutely, use NA() if you don't want to graph the point. -- HTH, Barb Reinhardt "bergie" wrote: > I have a chart made that is formulated ...

regarding file synchronization
Hi All, I need help in file synchronization. I want to implement functionality in my application that if any file is updating by another application then I can not update. And if any file, which is opened in my application, has been modified by another application, then I should get one message that file is modified by another program which almost all editor provide. Can any one tell me how I can do these? Thanks, Mishra Part of the problem is solvable. The ::LockFileEx/::UnlockFileEx APIs will allow you to lock any region of the file into which you are writing. No one else will be a...

Drivers for percentage increase
I am trying to set up a driver to include in my budget profile so that my managers can select the percentage from a driver and see on each budget line what the outcome will be i.e staff costs may be calculated at 150,000 but if I used my driver to calculate an increase of 3.5% that would change the staff costs to 155,250. Can anyone help? Regards Jo I am not sure what you question is but this may help:- In cell A 2 I have 150,000 In cell B 2 I have 3.5% In cell C 2 I have:- =(A2*B2)+A2 - and this returns 155,250 to cell C 2. If my comments have helped please h...

too late to upgrade to 2.0?
Our maintenance plan recently expired (mid-January 2007) and we did not renew it. Upon reflection, we're realizing that RMS 2.0 was released (at least we think so) while we still had a plan. Is it possible to still obtain an upgrade or did we cut the "umbilical cord" and should now abandon all hope of receiving an upgrade now? Can we access other older updates / hotfixes for V1.3 that we previously had access to? Thanks in advance. I think the official release date was January 15th. If your maintenance was still in effect as of that date, you should be entitled to the ne...