Object Store vs RAM disk

Hello,
what are the main differences between Object Store and RAM disk ?
They are both in RAM...are there performance differences ? access
differences ?

Thanks,
Paolo
--
Paolo Patierno
Embedded Software Engineer

Exchange 2003 issue after moving stores
Any takers? We moved Exchange back to the default location and now: Exchange is working, but Message Tracking is not, and a few other management operations. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: Monitoring Event ID: 9097 Date: 10/31/2005 Time: 7:14:58 PM User: N/A Computer: ADINA Description: The MAD Monitoring thread was unable to connect to WMI, error '0x80080005'. Event Type: Error Event Source: ESE Event Category: General Event ID: 489 Date: 10/30/2005 Time: 3:04:08 AM User: N/A Computer: ADINA Description: Information Store (4088) First Storage Gro...

Objects duplicated
If a workbook consists of Objects: Sheet1, Sheet2, This Workbook.... What would cause Excel to duplicate these objects in the same workbook. Somehow, I now have to sets of objects in the same workbook that are exactly the same. ...

cannot shift objects off sheet, but also cannot find objects
Trying to hide columns gives error "cannot shift objects off sheet." Try as I might, I cannot find any objects in or near the offending columns; indeed, there are no objects on the entire sheet. I went to Tools>Options>View>Objects and selected "Show All," but still nothing appears. An easier way to see if there are any objects on a sheet is through F5-Special. Cell comments are objects too. Do you have any of them? -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "danielo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0cff01c47b0d$f5a72620$a601280...

How to record which objects a user clicks on
Hi, New to the forums here. I would like to know how to track which objects a user clicks during a powerpoint presentation. I realize this will probably require a macro and that is where I need help. I'm fairly tech savvy, but I don't know how to program in VB. Whenever there is a mouseclick on an object in the slideshow, I would like two things to happen: 1) Advance to a particular slide (which I see can be set easily in the program) 2) Write data, to a separate file (it can be a text file), that reports which object was clicked. This would happen in the background so t...

How Many Mailbox Stores Can I have?
I do not have the Enterprise edition. Can I have more than one store? Thans. "jm" <needin4mation@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1165942371.471436.19980@j72g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > I do not have the Enterprise edition. Can I have more than one store? > Thans. You can have one Mailbox store (and one Public Folder store) with the Standard edition. Lee. -- _______________________________________ Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP www.owapda.com email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m _______________________________________ Lee Derbyshire [MVP] wrote: &g...

Top of Information Store
Hi we moved recently to a new service pack with our Exchange Server. Unluckily after the installation of the SP I had to restore a mailbox from an older backup. The restore worked, in System Manager I can see that the mailbox is full (4GB) but when accessing it via Outlook the "old" mail items can't be found. Via the backup log (which logs the folders) I was able to determine that all the "old" mails are in folders like - Ordner Ulf Hettstedt [uh94532221]?H�chste Hierarchiestufe des IS?Posteingang the "new" mails are in folders like: - Ordner Ulf Hett...

Rules vs. Download Headers Only
I have a rule set to notify me when I receive a message from a specific person. I also have Outlook configured to download only emails of under 20k in size (to avoid huge download delays when picking up email in areas where I must access via a slow connection). Although the Header has been downloaded, and the rule is based only on header (From:) information, it still will not run until the message has been downloaded. The result is that I am not aware of arrival of important email from this person. Has anyone come up with a way to get rules to work on headers only? Thanks, Scott Ke...

Problem With Opening Embedded Object After Turning On "Track Chang
In order to use the routing function, I'm using company forms created in excel. On another tab, I've embedded "as icon objects" any supporting material created in Word. This works great, as recipients can double-click these icon objects and launch the documents in Word to view them. The problem occurs when I decided to add "Track Changes" to the files I am routing. When this is done, the icon objects still appear but can no longer be double-clicked. The online documentation in excel indicateds that you can't insert any embedded objects after "T...

How do I group objects and Word Art in Publisher?
I am creating a button and have our company logo along with a slogan that I put in Word Art. I would like to group these two items together so it will be easier to move around as one object. I have tried using the "select object" tool and it will not let me group them. It just moves my objects around and not as a group. I don't quite understand. Do you have a border around your page? If so send it to the back and try selecting your logo and WordArt again. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Fal...

Exchange Disk Setup
What is the recommended stripe size and NTFS cluster size when running Exchange 2003? Thanks, John There is no specific recommendation for those as far as Exchange goes, at least not as far as I have seen. We just recommend RAID 0+1 as the best solution for both Transaction Log and Database drives nowadays. Take a look at the document at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=9fc3260f-787c-4567- bb71-908b8f2b980d&displaylang=en for full planning details. Thanks, Richard Roddy Microsoft Exchange Support This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warran...

Turn off object theme colors
I have a presentation with a number of objects (mainly simple shapes like circles and squares) that have powerpoint theme colors. I now want to copy and paste them into another Powerpoint that has a different theme. I of course don't want the colors to change. Other than going into each object and changing the color into a customized color, is there any way I can get these objects in using their original color - not tied to the theme? Hi When you paste the objects into the other presentation you'll get a little clipboard in the bottom right hand corner - click on ...

Some Items not displaying at store operations manager item list
We have two terminals running for MS RMS 2.0.Terminal1 is act as a RMS Register & Terminal2 is act as a database server as well as a RMS register. Terminal1 displays all the items where as terminal2 is not displaying in the items list (some items are missing in items list from terminal2). Mean time, the total items entry count in store operation manager item list varies from terminal1 &terminal2 (i.e. terminal1 items count: 1050, terminal2 items count: 750). How ever the SQL database & its data for the both terminals are same. While searching the missed items in i...

Insert Object File path when attaching OLE Objects
When attaching a note and click on the paper clip, I go to Edit Insert New Object to attach a word document or an excel file. When I select 'Insert New Object' the Insert Object screen opens and I select the Create from File option. The path showing there is the path where GP is installed, in my case - c:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\GP\. Is there a way I can change this default path? Maria, I am afraid this path defaults from the location of your DEX.INI file, which in the case of GP 9, can be found typically under the GP root folder, in the case of GP 10, under the GP...

WTL objects dependent on what runtime objects?
If I make and distribute a WTL program, what DLL's (if any) must also be present? I mean, if I make an MFC application, I assume that my installation program is also going to need to make sure that MFC42.dll and maybe a couple of other DLL's is on the target machine and up to date. What is a WTL program dependent upon? *********** Richard Lewis Haggard "Richard Lewis Haggard" <HaggardAtWorldDotStdDotCom> wrote in message news:OBcsU13uDHA.640@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > If I make and distribute a WTL program, what DLL's (if any) must also be > present? I mean...

Store exported from HQ won't connect through Client
I am a new store location ready to open. We are using RMS HQ/SO 2.0.0108, have 35 HQ licenses and 33 current locations. Using the same process used to define the earlier stores in HQ and export the databases (including the same Template), the last store created would not connect through the Client to HQ Server when I installed it on the store machine. I have found the configuration table of the store's database is empty. Looking at the HQ database: There is an entry for the new store in the Store table. There is NOT a row for the new store in the Configuration table. ...

Passing DATETIME to an SQL stored procedure
Hi, I'm a database newbie, and need to call a stored procedure in an SQL database. I've been given the following code snippet: //Create a database class instance CDatabase db; //Open a connection to the ODBC DSN named myDSN using name and password info db.OpenEx( _T("DSN=myDSN;UID=sa;pwd=") ); //Execute the stored procedure passing two parameters db.ExecuteSQL( "EXEC sp_testProcedure 1, 2" ); //Close the connection db.Close(); but my problem is that one of the parameters I need to pass is an SQL DATETIME. How should I change the code to do that? Cheers mark-r ...

Embed a modeless cdialog derived object into a cformview derived object
I am creating an mfc application and would like to know if this is possible at all (not very experienced with MFC). I have an SDI application with a CFormView derived object. Inside this form I want to embed a CDialog derived modeless dialog which contains controls that I want to reuse throughout the application (a few edit boxes, a couple of buttons). I'm at the point where the CFormView gets displayed, and at this moment I want to embed in it my dialog object. First of all: am I going about this the right way in trying to reuse a dialog? I tried the following code: CSelectOriginType i...

Float Menu Excel 2003 vs 2007
Hi All In a [2003] workbook I've got a "help sheet" with various help topics. When activated a float_menu appears from which the user can select a topic from a userform. This works great, however in 2007 the float_menu doesn’t appear. Any suggestions ? As always any help will be much appreciated. This is my code: Regular module: Sub Float_Menu_help() Dim newMenu As CommandBar, newControl, newItem, subMenu Dim c 'remove custom menu if it exists Delete_HelpMenu 'create new menu and display it Set newMenu = CommandBars.Add(Name:="Help_Menu", _ T...

Sheet Protection / Edit Objects 12-05-09
I have a spreadsheet with multiple objects that I'm trying to lock. My problem is I also have cells that I need to have comment insertion capabilites. When going to Tools/Protection/Protect Sheet and allow Edit Objects is checked I can insert a comment. However, it also allows the other objects on the sheet to be accessed. Is there a way to allow the Edit Objects option in a specified range of cells and still protect the sheet? Perplexed.... Keyrookie -- Keyrookie You would have to have that range without the checkbox for locked checked: FORMAT CELLS>PR...

Static CMap object #2
Hi all, Excuse but the other message is wrong I've declared in my .h file the following CMap type : typedef CMap<CString, CString&, MyClass*, MyClass*&> Map; ... ... class AnotherClass { ... public: static Map BuilderMap; ... ... static void Register(CString name, MyClass* instance); }; In one of my CPP file call the Register method as following: AnotherClass::Register(_T("TEST"), this); The code of Register method is : void AnotherClass::Register(CString name, MyClass* instance) { AnotherClass::BuilderMap.SetAt(name, instance); } When linking my project there t...

Excel2003 vs 2007 ... :(
Excel2003 vs 2007 ... I have many Templates, charts etc created in Excel2003 & many have Recorded Macro's attached to Forms Buttons ... These Temps work perfect in Excel2003 ... I think they may also work in Excel2007??? However .... Issue is ... some folks have Excel2003 (WindowsXP) while others who update these Files have Windows7 (Excel2007) ... We often end up with File corruption or Excel has encountered an error & must close ... etc etc ... when attempting to work these Files between the 2 Office Systems & 2 Excels .... very disenchanting. We have use...

Chart Object and Worksheet Object
What are the difference? I insert a Excel chart into PPT by Insert>object>create from file>[browse]... It always comes out as a worksheet object whether I get a chart of the data. Whereas, Edit>Paste special method clearly differenciate a chart object from a worksheet object. I know I could convert to either way but any difference? In article <CE92D095-8E17-4AD4-85B9-317AC15A13BF@microsoft.com>, Win wrote: > What are the difference? > > I insert a Excel chart into PPT by Insert>object>create from file>[browse]... As I suggested earlier...

All CRM objects have been updated in one weekend. Not sure how.
I noticed that every Lead, Opp, Account and Contact has a Modified On date of this past Saturday or more recently. The records with Saturday's modified date don't show any particular changes, just the Modified On date and the Modified By user. It's more than a trivial issue. There are business reasons for knowing when things are being updated. Some of these Modified By values are disabled, former users. They were the original creators of the objects. CRM is running on its own server. This SQL Server is also running Veritas Backup Exec. did these users create any work...

XP styles and Unicode in VS 2005
I need to use XP style in my MFC projects. My projects are not UNICODE. In VS 2003 i was able to use XP styles. I have imported the same projects in VS 2005 and I am not able to use XP styles. Is it possible to use XP styles in NOT UNICODE projects in VS 2005? "BobbyJones" <BobbyJones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3B263D28-F094-4C1F-BAB5-A35DDD86FAF3@microsoft.com... >I need to use XP style in my MFC projects. > My projects are not UNICODE. > In VS 2003 i was able to use XP styles. > I have imported the same projects in VS 2005 and I am not...

disconnected chart objects
Consider the following: A B 1 15 15 2 25 15 3 25 35 4 15 35 5 15 15 6 7 45 45 8 75 45 9 75 105 10 45 105 11 45 45 In Excel with row 6 present & blank you get two disconnected boxes using XY-scatter format with lines and points. If you remove the empty row 6 you get the boxes plus a line connecting points 15,15 and 45,45. In Open Office Calc (OOC), you get the boxes connected in either case unless you move one of the y sets to column B (creating two series.) Although this is an Excel group, since I haven't been able to get any re...