NDIS driver performance drop between ce 5 and ce 6

Hello Everyone

I am faced with a performance issue over a DMA based NDIS driver for
AX88796, My customer has generated a benchmark application, written
in .Net to measure the performance of the tcp transfers, connecting
the board to the deskop.

Turns out that, using the same driver and benchmark application, under
ce 5 he gets around 500 000 B/s and under CE 6 this drops to 430 000 B/
s.

Is that drop normal? Due to Kernel and NDIS changes, should I expect
that drop?

Using perfalyzer with a profiling build, I have many hits in
DoWaitForObjects and IDLE_STATE under CE6, while in CE5 I see memcpy
at the top, then a little below SC_WaitForMultiple.

In both platforms they run with the same priority. Any hints on why I
am facing this drop of performance?

Thanks,
Marcelo
0
Marcelovk

Adding Columns #5
Help!!! Am trying to add to columns together to create a third column. I di this yesterday with the data I was working with and it won't wor today. I had been highlighting the 2 columns to be summed and then th new column and then hitting auto sum. Can't get it to work today. An suggestions? Thank -- bstaffor ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bstafford's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2794 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47450 Hi bstafford, Works for me, to h...

ndis reset.
Does NDIS provide a way for someone outside of the NIC driver stack to request that the device be reset? I know that there is NdisReset(), but that assumes that I am part of the protocol stack. I am looking for something else. Regards, Rossetoecioccolato. ...

Upgrading from Outlook Express 6 SP1 to Outlook 2003 SP2
Hi, I am trying to upgrade my users from OE 6SP1 to Outlook 2003 SP2 and I get 2 problems: If I import from Outlook 2003 certain messages get a wrong received date. If I export from OE6SP1 I cannot reply to saved emails. The email address is gone, only the name remaining. Any safe way to upgrade? Thanks Pascal First, it is not an upgrade. Outlook and Outlook Express have no = relation to each other except a shared name. Exporting the emails from OE to Outlook works best as you have learned. = As for the contacts problem, someone else will need to tackle that. = Have you import...

Problem with Implicit conversion of varchar value to varchar cannot be performed because the collation of the value is unresolved due to a collation conflict
Hi, I'm unable to modify my view due to an error: Implicit conversion of varchar value to varchar cannot be performed because the collation of the value is unresolved due to a collation conflict Database colation is set to SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS Here is my ddl: CREATE TABLE [dbo].[TB_INDUSTRIEKALENDER]( [KALENDERDATUM] [datetime] NOT NULL, [KALENDERWOCHENTAG] [tinyint] NOT NULL, [KALENDERWOCHE] [tinyint] NOT NULL, [KALENDERJAHR] [int] NOT NULL, [KALENDERMONAT] [tinyint] NULL, [KALENDERTAG] [tinyint] NULL, [QUARTAL] [tinyint] NULL, [KALENDERWOCHENT...

CRM Raid 5??????
I wonder if anyone out there can help me. I am looking to purchase the CRM Solution software from Microsoft, however I have a slight problem with the minimum requirements... I have 2 servers one running a SCSI Raid 1 setup and the other running a serial ATA Raid 5 setup. However the minimum requirements are for the server to run a SCSI Raid 5 set up... Will it run ok on either of the 2 set ups I have To my knowledge, there is no hard and fast rule as to our server RAID requirements. People run CRM on laptops and Virtual Machines for demo purposes all the time (typically with simple ...

Making a drop down list read info from another tab / worksheet
Hi All, Would anyone know if it's possible to read info into a drop down from a list in another tab in a spreadsheet - and if so how to do it? I'm not sure if this is possible, but one of my managers is sure it can be done easily. Rgds, Paul See: http://www.dailydoseofexcel.com/archives/2004/05/11/conditional-data-validation/#comment-34646 under heading Conditional data validation Hope this helps "Paul" wrote: > Hi All, > > Would anyone know if it's possible to read info into a drop down from a list > in another tab in a spreadsheet - and if so ho...

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] Login failed for u
We upgraded from 7.5 to 9.0. we also upgraded our customizations. Unfotunately, we are getting this error. I believe the ADO code is causing the problem and is unable to make the connection to the SQL servier and return a recordset. Any help would be appreciated. We have resolved this issue. "Tremor Olaes" wrote: > We upgraded from 7.5 to 9.0. we also upgraded our customizations. > Unfotunately, we are getting this error. I believe the ADO code is causing > the problem and is unable to make the connection to the SQL servier and > return a recordset. Any hel...

Exchange 5.5 Relay Problem #2
I have relay problem in Exchange 5.5 SP-4 installed on NT 4 SP6a. I have applied all security patches for Exchange and NT. My server is listed in MAIL-ABUSE.COM becasue it is relays mails. My server failes only in one test. I have given the test result below >>> MAIL FROM <<< 250 OK - mail from >>> RCPT TO:<"rss-result2%rdaver.bungi.com"><<< 250 OK - Recipient <"RSS-RESULT2%RDAVER.BUNGI.COM">>>> DAT <<< 354 Send data. End with CRLF.CRL >>> (message body <<< 250 O Can anyone give me soluti...

Drop Cap #2
Attempting to create a paragraph that is a quote, such that the leading quote symbol is small and the first letter of the word is in Drop-Cap format. I do not want a drop-cap quote. Although it is the same size font, It is too large in appearance. Is there a way to have a small appearing " followed by a Drop-Cap T (example letter)?. Create a small text box with just the quote symbol, right click, click format text box, change the margin on the right to none. Select it, give it no wrap, align it to your drop cap text box. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ htt...

ndis 5.1 in windows 7
Hi all, I would like to know whether ndis 51 miniport driver will run on windows 7. (just running, no performance) . I have built my NDIS 51 miniport with WDK - 7600 , windows 7 build envirnment. In driverEntry I am getting "NdisMregisterminiport" returns failure. (return value -1073676283) . So the driver wont even load. Do I need to port my driver to 6.0 or 6.2 to make it work on windows 7 ? Regards, Subhash For certain link speeds you will not be able to WHQL certify an Ndis 5 driver and will need a 6.x one, but as far as loading and working, Ndis 5.x drive...

data from 2 drop down menus
I have been working on a database that would allow a user to select a supplier name from a drop down combo box, then select the quarter from another drop down, and input 3 values that would generate a percentage for them immediately. My approach was to create separate tables for each quarter and then pull from each by using a query that would link all the quarters as defined by the supplier name. I wanted ot know if anyone had any ideas on how to organize the data so that the drop down menus can be used for both the Supplier name and the Quarter. I had it set up before so that the quarters ...

Audio drivers
I am sure someone might have run into a similar situation. I have a HP Compaq DC 7900 machine with Windows Server 2003 R2 64 bit on it. The audio device listed in device management is "Audio Device on High Definiton Bus". However, HP doesn't do audio drivers for Windows Server 2003 R2 64 bit. Is ithere any work around to get the audio going? Your help is very much appreciated. Regards, Srini Hi, Your Compaq audio chipset is ADI1884, manufactured by Analog Devices. Unfortunately they don't post drivers for their chipsets in their web page, leaving...

publisher 2007 #5
Hi, I am looking for a good book on Microsoft Office Publisher 2007 which explains everything about the program and what it does. Can anybody help -- scary says thanks you very much Nothing out yet because it hasn't been released to the general public yet. Start with the Help file. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "scary" <scary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CB25A775-FD91-4C51-BF6F-17591D605388@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I am looking for a good book on Micr...

import Windows Performance Log to excel
Hello... is there a way to import Windows Performance Log file to Excel so that its data can be used to generate charts? Thanks for your responses in advance. Rob If you configure the Performance Log(s) to be comma or tab delimited text files then you can open them in Excel and save the resultant spreadsheet. Never tried it but the theory holds. If you've got binary files I don't know how you'd go about it. Regards Trevor "Rob" <Rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A752F11-E888-4059-BC1D-27E08A3F7A0C@microsoft.com... > Hello... is th...

device driver question!
Hi: When device driver was activated by the API "ActivateDeviceEx", the DllEntry was called or not? I had added a "debug msg" statement in the DllEntry try to find out the Device driver DLL was loaded or not, but this mark (DEBUGMSG/ RETAILMSG) was never shown it!. However, xxx_Iint's debug message was shown, and same as xxx_Open! So How this DLL was loaded? why DllEntry is not entry point? Thanks Lu On Jun 7, 2:54=A0pm, ydlu <yudian...@gmail.com> wrote: > When device driver was activated by the API "ActivateDeviceEx", the > DllE...

Having information in the doc change depending on answers to drop down question
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I'm trying to create a permission slip for my school program. Presently I have drop down boxes where schools can select there name for the list. I want to have a box with travel directions change depending on what choice they choose from the drop down box. I looked around on the internet for help but got stuck at macros in the tool bar. <br> If you could send my some advise on how to proceed I would really appreciate it. I think my biggest road block is know the lingo. I'm sure there is a term for wha...

How to install two video adapter driver using the same WDDM driver?
How do I install two video adapters drivers using the same WDDM driver? Microsoft said: "The user could change the graphics hardware configuration by choosing multiple graphics adapters that use the same WDDM driver. Graphics adapters from the same ASIC family generally have the same graphics driver. In late 2006, each of the major graphics vendors had a single WDDM driver for all supported WDDM graphics adapters." http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/display/multimonVista.mspx http://www.realtime-vista.com/installation/2006/12/enhanced_support_for_dual_moni.htm We we trying to u...

Upgrade from BP 2.5 Service Pack to BP 4
In preparing for a GP10/BP4 upgraded, I've created a test environment with GP 8.0SP5 and BP2.5 with feature pack on MSDE. My understanding is that the upgrade path is as follows: Upgrade GP 8.0SP5 to GP 10.0 Upgrade WSS 2.0 to WSS 3.0 Install MOSS 2007 Run the migration utility and then install BP 4 The GP upgrade runs smoothly. Can someone who's been down this road before please help me with what to expect during the Business Portal upgrade? I'm assuming that as I upgrade WSS to each higher level, the original BP site will not be working as BP 2.5 doesn't support WSS...

GP 7.5 SP7 Installation
Trying to rebuild a test instance of GP 7.5. I'm installing SP7. When I get to the "Verify Settings" step, the 'Next' button is greyed out and I can't continue. Current settings shows = .... Service Pack Components: (None) Anyone know what the issue might be? Looks like it doesn't think there is anything to service pack....do you have more than one instance of GP 7.5 on the same machine that is already service packed? If so, and if I am remembering correctly, you need to go into the registry to tell it the path of this GP 7.5 instance so that ...

Porting NDIS intermediate driver to Linux
Anybody has any ideas what's involved in getting the NDIS intermediate driver equivalent functionality in Linux? How would you go about it? It is for monitoring firewall app and driver has to be high performance. NDIS is just fine for it. I'd like it to sit just above the network card driver on the stack. -- Programmer's Goldmine collections: http://preciseinfo.org Tens of thousands of code examples and expert discussions on C++, MFC, VC, ATL, STL, templates, Java, Python, Javascript, organized by major topics of language, tools, methods, techniques. Hi, ...

Synchronize GALs 5.5/AD different organizations
Hi I have two different organization with different domain name like xyz.com and abc.com. Xyz.com is a NT 4.0 Exchange 5.5 and Abc.com is AD Exchange2003. I would like to import or synchronize the Global Address book from the 5.5 site. The 5.5 site has about 40 Exchange users but it does have in gal 200 SMTP addresses of UNIX users also. I know in 5.5 the GAL can be exported to a &.cvs file but see no way to easily Import this as contacts on the Active Directory. Do I have to type all the SMTP addresses in AD contacts by hand? We plan on keeping the older 5.5 and NT 4.0 around fo...

What Raster Op does MF_GRAYED perform in CMenu::ModifyMenu()?
When you set the MF_GRAYED bit in the uFlags agrument to ModifyMenu(), what raster op (ROP) is performed on the associated image in the CToolbar object. (I would rather NOT have to maintain a disabled image list, but instead take advantage of the ROP if possible). Thanks, AVee I'm just guessing here, because I've never worked with doing this, but I suspect it is a pair of ROP operations. One ands-out every other pixel; the other ors-in a gray pixel (probably a 192,192,192, but more likely a COLOR_3DFACE value). With suitable cleverness this might be doable by a MaskBlt operation...

CTreeView: How to disable highlighting of drop item
Hi, during drag&drop the text of the currently selected drop item automatically gets highlighted. Because I want to create my own highlighting procedure, I'm looking for a method to disable the built in procedure. My first idea was to use CTreeCtrl::SelectDropTarget(NULL). But this doesn't help, because than the drag item gets highlighted. So my question is: How can I hide or disable this highlighting? Can I some how change the color of highlighting to the background color? Regards, Frank Hi Frank, Here is wath I do to stop highlighting the item and highlight others if ...

How can I spread a column with 5,000 numbers into multiple column.
I have imported data in one column that is 5,000 cells long. How can I make this into mulitple columns so it is easier to view/print? Hi, See: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm >-----Original Message----- >I have imported data in one column that is 5,000 cells long. How can I make >this into mulitple columns so it is easier to view/print? >. > Manually............ If your data is an column A starting at Cell A1, then the following formula, entered in Cell B1 and filled across 10 columns and down 500 rows will produce your 10 columns of 500 rows. Any more t...

Vendor performance
Is anyone aware of tools or reports which help track vendor on-time shipping performance? Thanks for any help. Could you modify the expected shipments report to include receipt date? That would be pretty close. -- Jim@TurboChef "iowakrz" wrote: > Is anyone aware of tools or reports which help track vendor on-time shipping > performance? Thanks for any help. I just did this today for a client. It's too involved to tell you exactly how to do it, but here's the general idea: 1) create a SQL view that shows Vendor ID, PO Number, Created Date, First Receipt Da...