hive based registry + gac files (3rd party) -> troubles

using wince 5 (pb5)
the hive based registry (storage card) works fine

i have a .gac file for custom.dll (\Windows\custom.dll)
and a .dat file which copies the custom.dll from \Storage Card\ to \Windows

if i do a fresh restart of the system without folder 'Documents and
Settings' for the registry hive everything wors fine:
- i get the GAC_custom_v1_0_0_0_cneutral_1.dll in the \Windows folder
- the custom.dll gets deleted from \Windows folder

after a restart the registry hive already exists and gets merged during boot
also the registry keys for my 3rd party assembly are now already present in
this hive:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETCompactFramework\Installer\Assemblies\3rdParty\CustomDll.gac]

BUT there is now GAC_custom_v1_0_0_0_cneutral_1.dll and the custom.dll is in
the \Windows folder

so it seems that the custom.dll isnt registered anymore since the entry for
it already are in the registry ...

how can i solve this problem ?
it is possible to persist only the hive [HKEY_CURRENT_USER] ?

one solution:
..I think you are using RAM and ROM file system(SYSGEN_FSRAMROM). it means
your windows folder is stored in the RAM and not on persistent storage. if
you want to maintain your installed dll persistently, you can use ROM-only
file system( SYSGEN_FSROMONLY). There windows folders is created in your
persistent memory. Here your installed dll will be available accross the
device reboot. you can use the same persistent memory used for storing the
hive based registry for configure the ROM-only file sytem.
--
vinoth.R
http://vinoth-vinothblog.blogspot.com

"jwei" wrote:

> using wince 5 (pb5)
> the hive based registry (storage card) works fine
>
> i have a .gac file for custom.dll (\Windows\custom.dll)
> and a .dat file which copies the custom.dll from \Storage Card\ to \Windows
>
> if i do a fresh restart of the system without folder 'Documents and
> Settings' for the registry hive everything wors fine:
> - i get the GAC_custom_v1_0_0_0_cneutral_1.dll in the \Windows folder
> - the custom.dll gets deleted from \Windows folder
>
> after a restart the registry hive already exists and gets merged during boot
> also the registry keys for my 3rd party assembly are now already present in
> this hive:
>
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETCompactFramework\Installer\Assemblies\3rdParty\CustomDll.gac]
>
> BUT there is now GAC_custom_v1_0_0_0_cneutral_1.dll and the custom.dll is in
> the \Windows folder
>
> so it seems that the custom.dll isnt registered anymore since the entry for
> it already are in the registry ...
>
> how can i solve this problem ?
> it is possible to persist only the hive [HKEY_CURRENT_USER] ?
i will be flexible so i can change my custom.dll without changing the image
is there another solution ?

"Vinoth [MCTS]" wrote:

> one solution:
> .I think you are using RAM and ROM file system(SYSGEN_FSRAMROM). it means
> your windows folder is stored in the RAM and not on persistent storage. if
> you want to maintain your installed dll persistently, you can use ROM-only
> file system( SYSGEN_FSROMONLY). There windows folders is created in your
> persistent memory. Here your installed dll will be available accross the
> device reboot. you can use the same persistent memory used for storing the
> hive based registry for configure the ROM-only file sytem.
> --
> vinoth.R
> http://vinoth-vinothblog.blogspot.com
> http://www.e-consystems.com
>

> "jwei" wrote:
>
> > using wince 5 (pb5)
> > the hive based registry (storage card) works fine
> >
> > i have a .gac file for custom.dll (\Windows\custom.dll)
> > and a .dat file which copies the custom.dll from \Storage Card\ to \Windows
> >
> > if i do a fresh restart of the system without folder 'Documents and
> > Settings' for the registry hive everything wors fine:
> > - i get the GAC_custom_v1_0_0_0_cneutral_1.dll in the \Windows folder
> > - the custom.dll gets deleted from \Windows folder
> >
> > after a restart the registry hive already exists and gets merged during boot
> > also the registry keys for my 3rd party assembly are now already present in
> > this hive:
> >
> > [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\.NETCompactFramework\Installer\Assemblies\3rdParty\CustomDll.gac]
> >
> > BUT there is now GAC_custom_v1_0_0_0_cneutral_1.dll and the custom.dll is in
> > the \Windows folder
> >
> > so it seems that the custom.dll isnt registered anymore since the entry for
> > it already are in the registry ...
> >
> > how can i solve this problem ?
> > it is possible to persist only the hive [HKEY_CURRENT_USER] ?

restoring .pst files and favorites files
NOW I FIND OUT that backups should not be placed on read only CD ROM....is there any way that I can retreive the messages and address books from the CD? Paul Copy it back to your harddisk and remove the Read Only file attribute. Then connect to it by File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Paul" <paul@maduellassociates.com> wrote in message news:2779f01c46383$d70f3460$a401280a@phx.gbl... > NOW I FIND OUT th...

Extending base controls?
I would like to extend CListView (MFC 7) and add some functionality to it. I used the add class wizard and picked CListView as my base class. No problem. Then, I added a list control to my form and added a bound variable using the ClassWizard, thinking that I could just change CListView to CMyListView and be all set. The trouble is the class wizard protected the default constructor and destructor in CMyListView, so it complains when I use it as a substitute for CListView. I could expose the default constructor and destructor, but I am guessing that is not the best way to go about thing...

Query-Based Distribution Lists
I am trying to create a query based distribution list. Ideall I would like to use members of a particular security group since they are already created, but I cant seem to get that to work. I tried using the Email Address - (Ends with - Domain.com) but I have addresses showing up that are showing up that should be hidden. (IE. Exchange Administrator). My question is, Can I use a security group for a query, if so how? Second Question is, How to I block hidden address from appearing in this query? Thanks, Steve You have to enter the DN for the group not just its name, here is a l...

Incident Base -State Code
I am trying to map a column from the Incidentbase table.The column in question is Statecode. Can anyone please help me to map the masterb table for the same. I want to then Map the Resolution and the Description of the resolution for the case. Please note that this is an urgent client requirement. Thanks for the help in Advance SAM ...

Convert old publisher 2.0 file for Publisher 2000 and beyond
I created a text/graphic book in old publisher 2.0. Never progressed through later versions and Publisher 2000 won't open. Any ideas? The good news is I found 2.0 in the attic and installed her and she runs fine under XP. Everything I put in my attic melts... I did find an old AppleII+ banking program that booted right up. It has been the attic for years, it isn't 2000 compliant however. Can you open the file in 2.0? Do you have Norton? Disable script blocking and Office Plug in, then try again. If you still can't open the file send the file to me and I will convert it fo...

save excel file to xml
how can I save a excel file to xml? Thanks, qq In Excel 2003, save as XML spreadsheet. "XML spreadsheet" is a drop-down choice in the File Type shown in the Save As dialog box. Bill <quickcur@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1104798698.421024.161510@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... how can I save a excel file to xml? Thanks, qq ...

customer cannot send/receive email to/from a 3rd-party these days
Hi there: One of our customer cannot send/receive email to/from a 3rd-party these days, they sent mail to each other frequently, the last one was on July 29. It's like some problem just between anyone@customer.com and john@3rd- party.com (maybe anyone@3rd-party.com). People in customer.com can communicate with me@mycompany.com, and john@3rd-party.com can send/receive to/from me@mycompany.com as well. But they cannot communicate with each other. The customer.com is using Exchange 5.5, with front/back- end structure; to the outside world there is a MailMarshal server and a smartho...

Formating Alignment based on numbers
How do I align a column of numbers on the decimal point? On Feb 15, 4:05 pm, littleredhairedgirl <littleredhairedg...@gmail.com> wrote: > How do I align a column of numbers on the decimal point? Hi littlehairedgirl, have a look at these sites: * http://peltiertech.com/Excel/NumberFormats.html * http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/CustomFormats.htm * http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel/browse_thread/thread/ffae8c65eba4d9c8?hl=en Have a nice day Michael ...

Excel file is too large even after it's empty
I deleted all sheets from my excel file. There are no VB codes associated with the excel file. I only have one sheet, with no data. However, the size of my file is still 2M. When I open an empty excel file, it's size is usually 80K Bytes. Why is my empty file too large? Why would you be concerned about the size of a Supposedly empty workbook. Delete the workbook and start a new one. >-----Original Message----- >I deleted all sheets from my excel file. >There are no VB codes associated with the excel file. >I only have one sheet, with no data. >However, the size of my f...

data base
I have created a form and have also a data base that has parts with part numbers, my Issue is I would like to be able to start entering a part number in my form utilize type ahead and have the cell select the part number and the price and the discription from the data base, then enter it in my form. this is to be used by our field service personel. -- Always Willing to Learn Use a combo box and the column propert of that combo. The row source of the combo should be something like: Select [part number], price, description From tblParts now add a couple of textboxes to the form and set...

how to save part of an Excel worksheet as .jpg file
how to save part of an Excel worksheet as .jpg file Press CTRL+Print Screen. Open a photo editing program and paste screencap into it. Then crop down to the area you want to show as a picture. "lylegalveston" wrote: > how to save part of an Excel worksheet as .jpg file Take a screen print of the active application (alt + print screen) then edit it in a photo editor or get a program like Snagit (screen capture program), I use the latter myself and it's great Regards, Peo Sjoblom "lylegalveston" <lylegalveston@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

How to do with xml file -> schema file (fuction i .NET)
I use a BulkLoad to import file.xml to my base MS Server 2000. To import this xml file I need schema file. Mayby you know how to do this file mechanicy f.g. mayby somebody have some script in .net who generate this schema. for any help Thanks ======== My xml file ================================= <ROOT> <Customers> <CustomerId>5555</CustomerId> <CompanyName>Jagoda1</CompanyName> <City>NY</City> </Customers> <Customers> <CustomerId>0200</CustomerId> <Comp...

Deleting Sheets Based on Name
Ive got a macro which makes a large number of sheets with information in them.... Ive then got another macro which gets all the information from those sheets.... the problem is... im then left with all the sheets.. and I really want to delete them..... Is there anyway to make a macro which would let me delete sheets.. based on their name..... all the ones i want to delete are called "cats (104)" or "cats (105)" etc etc..... there is one called "cats" which i want to keep.... so basically If it could someonie delete based on the term "cats (&quo...

PST Files #5
I have a freind who uses outlook 2000. He is currently at about 400megs on the pst file. He can open outlook, he can read, sort, view and download more email. But the second he double clicks on an email to open it to respond..etc. Outlook locks up, window error message say... dangerously low on system resources. He is running 98 with the latest patches, 25 gig of free space on the hdd, and 512megs of ram. Im of the opinion that its just to large of a pst for the computer/os to handle. Ive had him clean it up, used to be 712megs in size. He was okay till about 2 weeks ago. No idea what ...

(2nd attempt)How to create CMainFrame-based dialog to display variable number of listboxes in a CFormView
Hello, I have an app where I need to display a variable number of CListBoxes (in a single row) in a CFormView. I don't know how to dynamically create the CListBoxes and attach them to the CFormView, something that would normally be done through resources if it were a fixed number of listboxes.. Could anyone give me an idea of how to dynamically allocate and attach controls and then any cleanup? I also need to know how to manually hook up a CMainFrame with a CFormView, as the AppWizard only creates something like that as a topmost window, I think. Any help would be greatly appreciate...

Locatiion of Message Rules Files
I transferred over my outlook/pst file to my new computer. mailboxes and messages and contactws Xfered fine but I see that my rules are not there. What file do I need to Xfer over to my new system to get the rules as they were on my old system. I sure done want to make up the rules again. Art http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm has all the information you require. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Art Koenig <mdilabs@satx.rr.com> asked: | I transferred ove...

poject based access in CRM ?
Is is possible to provide a project based access to CRM. For instance consider, VSS (Visual Source Safe). Its possible to create multiple projects (for various applications - source code & related files to be stored), & the user access defined in VSS applies too all projects (& can also be given special access to individual projects). & its possible to share files amongst the seperate projects. Thus, in CRM, 1. is it possible to have such a design 2. a user havig access to indivual projects (with his access being applied to all projects & special access rights can be gra...

Opening Excel files in Explorer
Usually you can open any excel file by double clicking the file from within Windows Explorer. Since some time for a mysterious reason this doesn't work any more. Excel opens but not the file. Any ideas why this is so and what to do about it? Tanks for info, Danker -- Danker Sometimes one of these works: Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it) --- or --- Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then Windows Start Button|Run excel /regserver The /unregserver & /regserver stuff resets the windows registry to excel's factory defaults...

Calculated Field based on 2 Running Totals
I need to make a calculated field based on two running totals: Week Metric1 Metric2 Ratio 1 How about a little more detail. "InfiniteJoy" <chris.damsgard@gmail.com> wrote in message news:052eeb76-4ca7-42a4-9952-390fedb4a2a7@24g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > I need to make a calculated field based on two running totals: > > Week Metric1 Metric2 Ratio > 1 ...

SLOW closing of excel files
Hi all; Got an issue with Excel 97 taking "forever" to close files either locally or via the network. Same file opened and closed in Excel 2000 closes quickly. Has anyone experienced this slow closing within Excel 97? Any ideas would be appreicated. Thanks, Steve Hi Steve does this happen on the same computer (Excel 97 / 2000)? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Steve wrote: > Hi all; > > Got an issue with Excel 97 taking "forever" to close files > either locally or via the network. > > Same file opened and closed in Excel 2000 closes ...

File attachments #4
When Attaching a file such as a JPG, the receipant is getting a DAT format file and not the JPG while using Outlook in the HTML format mode. When in the Plain Text mode, the same file attachment passes as a JPG and is not changed. What can I do to attach JPG files in the HTML format mode of Outlook and not get them changed? are you sure you are using HTML and not RTF? RTF will cause it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/o...

Specific Nand Flash Partition for Hive
Hello, I'm new on the winCE6.0 development and have some problems on this. I'd like to know if a specific Nand Flash Partition for hive can be achieved or not. My client wants me to have a specific 20MB partition for hive registries and rest of the memory can be freely used by the applications. Apart from this, the names for the partitioned drives is numbered automatically - "NandFlash", "NandFlash 2", "NandFlash 3". Where can I change this? I can only change the folder name (NandFlash) by modifying platform.reg but not the number. ...

File takes long time to open
I have an excel file (about 8MB) and it takes a long time to open and close (even without saving). I know that it has a lot of sheets, macros and formulae but here is the funny thing. The predecessor to this file (the new file is an offshoot of this one) is much larger in size (13MB) and includes more formulae and sheet and it opens and closes much faster than the smaller file. What exactly determines how long a file takes? How can I make this new file (8MB) open and close much faster, especially when I am not even saving it? Thanks, Jay It could be to do with how many Add Ins you h...

Pasteing files to IE&
I have Vista Home Premium and Outlook 2003. When I try to copy an item from Outlook to IE, nothing happens. What do I need to do? "Sandy Sanders" <sandys110@rushmore.com> wrote in message news:Ohzcl2F1HHA.600@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I have Vista Home Premium and Outlook 2003. When I try to copy an item from >Outlook to IE, nothing happens. What do I need to do? > What exactly are you trying to do? "Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message news:%235BFZ7F1HHA.5740@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > "Sandy Sanders" <sandy...

Log files..
Here is my situation. I have a Exchange 2000 server. I don't have archiving setup and I need to get all the emails that were sent out of the server from a period of October 16th unitl now. Is there any way to do this. Does Exchange hold on to messages even though a user may have deleted them in Outlook? I have used a utililty that allowed me to examine and open the .edb file, but the messages that I am looking for are not there, even though I have log files that date back to Jan. Is there any hope? Thanks so much for any help On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 18:03:06 -0800, "Rainman...