Hive base registry problem

Hi,

I work with Plaform Builder CE 5.0.
My image works fine booting  from HD/DOM.
My image can see the hard-disk so HDProfile and file system are configurated
Now I need to have a persistent registry.
I add from catalog the Hive base registry.
I rebuilt the image but this image dosen't boot.
do I need to set other BSP_xxx ?

Thanks

Ruggero Bandera
..

0
Ruggero

On 3/29/2010 9:55 AM, Ruggero Bandera wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I work with Plaform Builder CE 5.0.
> My image works fine booting  from HD/DOM.
> My image can see the hard-disk so HDProfile and file system are configurated
> Now I need to have a persistent registry.
> I add from catalog the Hive base registry.
> I rebuilt the image but this image dosen't boot.
> do I need to set other BSP_xxx ?

You need to set the MountAsBootable flag of your HD/DOM storage profile
and ensure that all the drivers it needs (PCI and IDE, I suppose) are
inside hive boot sections in your .reg configuration files and have the
0x1000 bit set in their flags key to prevent them from loading twice
(once during first boot and second time during the hive-boot phase).

--
Valter Minute (eMVP)
Training, support and development for Windows CE:

; HIVE BOOT SECTION
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\init\BootVars]
   "SYSTEMHIVE"="System.hv"
   "DefaultUser"="ECON"
   "Start DevMgr"=dword:1

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\Resources\IRQ]
   "Flags"=dword:1000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\Resources\IO]
   "Flags"=dword:1000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\FATFS]
 "Flags"=dword:1000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\Profiles\HDProfile]
 "MountFlags"=dword:2

; END HIVE BOOT SECTION

Make sure to give 'Clean Sysgen' after selecting the Hive based registry
catalog item.
--
Regards,
Prabu

"Ruggero Bandera" <ruggero.bandera@cjb.it> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I work with Plaform Builder CE 5.0.
> My image works fine booting  from HD/DOM.
> My image can see the hard-disk so HDProfile and file system are
> configurated
> Now I need to have a persistent registry.
> I add from catalog the Hive base registry.
> I rebuilt the image but this image dosen't boot.
> do I need to set other BSP_xxx ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Ruggero Bandera
> .

0
Prabu
3/29/2010 9:54:02 AM
have you set PRJ_ENABLE_FSREGHIVE? this var has an impacy on common.reg and
ATAPI generic driver
(%_WINCEROOT%\PUBIC\COMMON\OAK\DRIVERS\BLOCK\ATAPI\genericide.reg)

--
Luca Calligaris (MVP-Windows Embedded)
l.calligaris.nospam@eurotech.it.nospam

"Ruggero Bandera" <ruggero.bandera@cjb.it> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Hi,
>
> I work with Plaform Builder CE 5.0.
> My image works fine booting  from HD/DOM.
> My image can see the hard-disk so HDProfile and file system are
> configurated
> Now I need to have a persistent registry.
> I add from catalog the Hive base registry.
> I rebuilt the image but this image dosen't boot.
> do I need to set other BSP_xxx ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Ruggero Bandera
> .

0
Luca
3/29/2010 11:49:05 AM
In addition to what everyone else has said, a debug build will also give you
more insight into where the error is occuring.  Usually you will find that
the device configured to contain the registry isn't mounted at the time the
registry is accessed.

--
Dean Ramsier - eMVP
BSQUARE Corporation

"Ruggero Bandera" <ruggero.bandera@cjb.it> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I work with Plaform Builder CE 5.0.
> My image works fine booting  from HD/DOM.
> My image can see the hard-disk so HDProfile and file system are
> configurated
> Now I need to have a persistent registry.
> I add from catalog the Hive base registry.
> I rebuilt the image but this image dosen't boot.
> do I need to set other BSP_xxx ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Ruggero Bandera
> .

0
Dean

Extending base controls?
I would like to extend CListView (MFC 7) and add some functionality to it. I used the add class wizard and picked CListView as my base class. No problem. Then, I added a list control to my form and added a bound variable using the ClassWizard, thinking that I could just change CListView to CMyListView and be all set. The trouble is the class wizard protected the default constructor and destructor in CMyListView, so it complains when I use it as a substitute for CListView. I could expose the default constructor and destructor, but I am guessing that is not the best way to go about thing...

Wireless connection drops out
This has been a long term and annoying problem. I have a Sony Vaio laptop. About six months ago I had the same problem - when I'm online the internet drops out for a few seconds (with a ding-dong sound!) but then reconnects. I might go for hours and days without this happening but some days it's every 15 mins or so. It only appears to happen when running wireless. As I write this I have a cable connection and no drop out. Somebody gave me an answer to this months ago - here's what he put.... Open Device Manager, open the properties on your wireless/Bluetooth device, clic...

Query-Based Distribution Lists
I am trying to create a query based distribution list. Ideall I would like to use members of a particular security group since they are already created, but I cant seem to get that to work. I tried using the Email Address - (Ends with - Domain.com) but I have addresses showing up that are showing up that should be hidden. (IE. Exchange Administrator). My question is, Can I use a security group for a query, if so how? Second Question is, How to I block hidden address from appearing in this query? Thanks, Steve You have to enter the DN for the group not just its name, here is a l...

SOP Problem Report???
Hi! I am not sure if this is something that was overlooked or this is a bug in the Microsoft Dynamics system. Here is how to recreate the issue: Setup 1. Order Setup (Tools | Setup | Sales | Sales Order Processing) then pull up the Order ID 2. Allow Invoicing of Unfulfilled or Partially Fullfilled Orders should be unmarked Create Sales Order 1. Create a Sales Order 2. Enter a non-inventoried item 3. Enter an inventoried item with stock balance 4. Click on the Purchase Button to create a PO for the non-inventoried item 5. There will be a committed button on the non-inventoried i...

Converting database from Access 97 to 2003: problems
Hi, I am trying to convert an Access 97 database to Access 2003. I am using a workgroup file to secure the database. I have split the database in a front end and a backend. The backend only contains tables. Both databases give problems when trying to convert to an Access 2003. I am describing the conversion of the frontend database. The problem is that i cannot open the tables. This message appears: Reserved error (-1104); there is no message for this error. Explanation of the steps i did. First thing that i did is: started Access 2003 and selected the correct Access 97 workgroup file...

Newsgroup problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002B_01CB0890.7CCA59E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am getting a Windows Security window asking for my name and password = on my servers newsgroup. I deleted the newsgroup and then set it up = again...windows security is still asking for my user name and password, = and will not accept them when I put them in. This has happened before = and all I had to do is delete and set it up again...not this time. I = installed new window updates yester...

Incident Base -State Code
I am trying to map a column from the Incidentbase table.The column in question is Statecode. Can anyone please help me to map the masterb table for the same. I want to then Map the Resolution and the Description of the resolution for the case. Please note that this is an urgent client requirement. Thanks for the help in Advance SAM ...

Program crashes during exit. Possible CThreadLocal problem (ugh!).
I'm wondering if some wise people here can give me some insight as to why my program is crashing during startup, or some tips on how to find out. I'm using VS.NET 2003. Here is my stack trace at the point of impact: {afxtls.cpp,line 403}mfc71d.dll!CThreadLocalObject::GetData(CNoTrackObject * (void)* pfnCreateObject=0x7c29dc40) Line 403 + 0x3 C++ {afxtls_.h,line177}mfc71d.dll!CThreadLocal<AFX_MODULE_THREAD_STATE>::GetData () Line 177 + 0xd C++ {afxstate.cpp,line242}mfc71d.dll!AfxGetModuleThreadState() Line 243 C++ {appterm.cpp,line48}mfc71d.dll!AfxWinTerm() Line 48 + 0x5 C++...

Formating Alignment based on numbers
How do I align a column of numbers on the decimal point? On Feb 15, 4:05 pm, littleredhairedgirl <littleredhairedg...@gmail.com> wrote: > How do I align a column of numbers on the decimal point? Hi littlehairedgirl, have a look at these sites: * http://peltiertech.com/Excel/NumberFormats.html * http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/CustomFormats.htm * http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel/browse_thread/thread/ffae8c65eba4d9c8?hl=en Have a nice day Michael ...

Print Border Problem
Hi, I would like to print brochures for my company but I cannot find a way to print to the very edge of the page. there is always a thick white border around my pictures. Is there any way I can get rid of this? I would appreciate any help forthcoming. Jonathan On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 10:37:04 +0000, Jonny wrote (in article <D4B4EBA4-C010-4A66-8C0B-233E6C243127@microsoft.com>): > Hi, > > I would like to print brochures for my company but I cannot find a way to > print to the very edge of the page. > > there is always a thick white border around my pictures. > &...

data base
I have created a form and have also a data base that has parts with part numbers, my Issue is I would like to be able to start entering a part number in my form utilize type ahead and have the cell select the part number and the price and the discription from the data base, then enter it in my form. this is to be used by our field service personel. -- Always Willing to Learn Use a combo box and the column propert of that combo. The row source of the combo should be something like: Select [part number], price, description From tblParts now add a couple of textboxes to the form and set...

Startup Problems
Hi When starting Exchange System Manager i get the following error message The server is not operational. Facility: win32 ID no: 80007203a Exchange System Manager Also when i click on Browse.. Exchange 5.5 Administaration i get the following error message The list of Microsoft Exchange Server computers is not available because no Microsoft Exchange Server computer could be located. Microsoft Exchange Administrator ID no: c10312c8 How do i solve these problems TIA Barry is this on your Exchange server or a remote workstation? "Barry" &...

Deleting Sheets Based on Name
Ive got a macro which makes a large number of sheets with information in them.... Ive then got another macro which gets all the information from those sheets.... the problem is... im then left with all the sheets.. and I really want to delete them..... Is there anyway to make a macro which would let me delete sheets.. based on their name..... all the ones i want to delete are called "cats (104)" or "cats (105)" etc etc..... there is one called "cats" which i want to keep.... so basically If it could someonie delete based on the term "cats (&quo...

Problem with Sleep(); function in VC++ 6.0
For some reason when I use the code Sleep(1); which is supposed to be 1 millisecond I am seeing a delay of 10ms. Any ideas?? I need a delay of about 1-1.5 ms. Thanks >For some reason when I use the code Sleep(1); which is supposed to be 1 >millisecond I am seeing a delay of 10ms. >Any ideas?? That's to be expected with Sleep. The docs hint at it... "This function causes a thread to relinquish the remainder of its time slice and become unrunnable for at least the specified number of milliseconds". >I need a delay of about 1-1.5 ms. Windows isn't a real-time...

poject based access in CRM ?
Is is possible to provide a project based access to CRM. For instance consider, VSS (Visual Source Safe). Its possible to create multiple projects (for various applications - source code & related files to be stored), & the user access defined in VSS applies too all projects (& can also be given special access to individual projects). & its possible to share files amongst the seperate projects. Thus, in CRM, 1. is it possible to have such a design 2. a user havig access to indivual projects (with his access being applied to all projects & special access rights can be gra...

(2nd attempt)How to create CMainFrame-based dialog to display variable number of listboxes in a CFormView
Hello, I have an app where I need to display a variable number of CListBoxes (in a single row) in a CFormView. I don't know how to dynamically create the CListBoxes and attach them to the CFormView, something that would normally be done through resources if it were a fixed number of listboxes.. Could anyone give me an idea of how to dynamically allocate and attach controls and then any cleanup? I also need to know how to manually hook up a CMainFrame with a CFormView, as the AppWizard only creates something like that as a topmost window, I think. Any help would be greatly appreciate...

User Rights Problem
I am attempting to add users to Microsoft CRM on a Windows Server Enterprise Edition 2003. When I start the CRM Deployment Manager, and navigate to the User Manager -> Company, right-click -> New -> Create CRM Users, I receive the following error: "You don't have sufficient security priveledges to run the User Manager. Contact your Network Administrator." I am logged into the server as the Administrator, and should have full access to everything. Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this error, and how I might overcome it? Thank you. Josh, CRM is...

Problem copying formula.
This should be simple But .... In column A is the house Number, In column B is the street. In C1 I have =concatenate(A1," ",B1) - this puts the House number and street in C1 with a space between them. OK. I now need to copy this down 3000 rows but when I copy the cell C1 to C2 I get exactly the same formula in C2. I expected it to change to =concatenate(A2," ",B2) This must be finger trouble but it is driving me MAD! Any suggestions. TIA Bob (rapidly loosing the few hairs left) How are you copying? If you drag the small square at the bottom-right of the selected ...

Calculated Field based on 2 Running Totals
I need to make a calculated field based on two running totals: Week Metric1 Metric2 Ratio 1 How about a little more detail. "InfiniteJoy" <chris.damsgard@gmail.com> wrote in message news:052eeb76-4ca7-42a4-9952-390fedb4a2a7@24g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > I need to make a calculated field based on two running totals: > > Week Metric1 Metric2 Ratio > 1 ...

Strange problem with Taskbar
I've run into a strange problem only on my wife's computer. Whenever her computer is placed in "Standby" i.e. sleep mode, the little pop-up text boxes that identify the icons anywhere on the taskbar, pop-up BEHIND the taskbar instead of in front (or on top) of it. If I reboot, everything works fine for a while, but eventually the problem reappears. If I uncheck "Keep the taskbar on top..." the problem goes away, but then she has to minimize or shrink active programs to see the taskbar which is totally unacceptable. Any ideas on fixing this? How does it ...

Duplicate problem
Hi I have Exchange 2003 with 20 clients. Because of a mistake now every mailbox has every thine 4 time, each mail 4 times, each meeting 4 times. Is there a way to delete the duplicates ? Than'x S Do you have Exchange 2003 Enterprise edition? Or do you have another Exchange server in the Exchange organization? Regards, Menko den Ouden "S" <s@s.com> wrote in message news:uBOd5NE%23FHA.500@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I have Exchange 2003 with 20 clients. > > Because of a mistake now every mailbox has every thine 4 time, each mail 4 > times...

Public Folders Permission Problems
I'm having intermittment public folder permission problems (Exchange 2003 using Outlook 2000/2003). I have individual employees in a security group that has been given permissions on the public folder as Publishing Editor. However, they are unable to make any changes to existing items (which say (Read Only) in the blue title bar when opened on the Outlook client). When I add the people as individuals (rather than as the group Employees), the permissions work correctly. What's the problem? ...

Outlook 2000
I recently purchased a new computer with Windows XP and loaded my Office 2000 software. All seemed to work well until I created an additional email account for my wife. The new email account takes all of the attachments sent (pdf files, dwg files, etc...) and converts them into dat files which nobody is able to open. I have tried to trouble shoot the account and software and am at a loss. Switch to HTML or Plain Text format. You are now setup with Rich Text which is the least supported (but most functional) message format. http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/richtext.htm -- Robert Sp...

Book problems and solution for windows 7 07-16-10
Book problems and solution for windows 7 This book takes you step by step to a new world. The world of Windows 7, even if the new system were not know how to use it. Explain everything to you in pictures. You do not need to for a long time to learn In order not to remain afraid of not being able to follow up on your friends, neighbors or family members Problems and solutions for Windows 7 Is a book for all. To small and great. Anyone who wants to learn Do not miss the opportunity to acquire this book because it relieves you of the trouble and the question Problems and solutions for ...

Microsoft Word Problems.
I have recently been getting a message when I exit Outlook 2003 or Word from Office 2003. Whe I exit either program I get a message the "Normal" Document already exists and If I want to save it. I select No but I get the same message each time I exit Word or Outlook. I have ran spyware and virus programs suspecting a problem but nothing shows up Any Suggestions? On Feb 20, 10:52 am, "In the Dog House" <rick...@yahoo.com> wrote: > I have recently been getting a message when I exit Outlook 2003 or Word from > Office 2003. Whe I exit either program I ge...