ftpd unicode

In Wince 5.0 file and folder names may contain UNICODE (e.g. cyrillic or
chinese)characters.

I was not able to transfer such files via FTP. I think it is a problem of
ftpd.

Any suggestions ?

Tank you

You've got full source code of FTPD, so clone it (see my blog) and
change it to whatever you need, or buy a 3rd party FTP implementation
for CE. Note that FTPD is shipped as "Sample" meaning it's not a full
featured final program.

Good luck,

Michel Verhagen, eMVP
Check out my blog: http://GuruCE.com/blog

 GuruCE
 Microsoft Embedded Partner
 http://GuruCE.com
 Consultancy, training and development services.

On 9/06/2010 01:40, frax wrote:
> In Wince 5.0 file and folder names may contain UNICODE (e.g. cyrillic or
> chinese)characters.
>
> I was not able to transfer such files via FTP. I think it is a problem of
> ftpd.
>
> Any suggestions ?
>
> Tank you
0
Michel

VERIFY and TRACE, how to implement for debug/release, unicode-aware, no warnings at lvl 4
Hi group and apologize because this isn't a pure MFC-question. I have to finish a raw win32 app written in C++. I really miss the macros TRACE and VERIFY, which I tend to use when writing MFC programs. I googled for "win32 verify macro" and the very first hit is for a codeproject.com project with implementations to be used in a win32 program, however. The project contains a single header file, debug.h, but it doesn't compile without warnings (using warning level 4), doesn't seem to be unicode aware and doesn't compile at all in release mode. I was just wonderin...

Which control should I use to display Unicode characters?
Hi, there, I want to show Unicode characters, such as Chinese and Arabic. Which control should I use? Could you please give me a bit of example code? Thanks a lot. Gary You do not need specific control to display Unicode strings. Normally, you would use SetWindowText function to set the control text. If you look in winuser.h file this 'function' #defined as SetWindowTextA or SetWindowTextW (depending on the type of the build). If you want to use Unicode text regardless of build type, specify SetWindowTextW explicitly. Note that you need to have appropriate fonts installed to a...

unicode application
hi, Priyanka here, this is a question related to VB. i want to make the VB application unicode based. i am not able to do it right now. if anybody knows please let me know about this. ...

Unicode
I want to make an application for international use which should all languages(which unicode support). So i want to know how to change language? or in ther words, how to change my Locale( at run time). ...

How to convert to unicode in ADSI
Hi all, I made a vbs to add an extra e-maill address to a distribution list group. The e-mail address should be <group name>@dnv.com. As we are a Norwegian company, the group name sometimes contains Norwegian character such as "Ø". When I look into ADSI, the string with "Ø" do updates in "mail" attribute. But if I want to send e-mail to this distribution goup, error will report that "The format of the e-mail address is incorrect". I found if I manually create the e-mail address, the system will automatically convert ...

ftpd unicode
In Wince 5.0 file and folder names may contain UNICODE (e.g. cyrillic or chinese)characters. I was not able to transfer such files via FTP. I think it is a problem of ftpd. Any suggestions ? Tank you You've got full source code of FTPD, so clone it (see my blog) and change it to whatever you need, or buy a 3rd party FTP implementation for CE. Note that FTPD is shipped as "Sample" meaning it's not a full featured final program. Good luck, Michel Verhagen, eMVP Check out my blog: http://GuruCE.com/blog GuruCE Microsoft Embedded Partner http://...

How do you enter Unicode characters that don't have a Alt-nnnn shortcut?
I have a need to enter a range of non-English names into a combo box on a form in an Access 2003 application. Sometimes this requires the use of accented characters that do not appear on a UK keyboard. If I refer to the Windows XP Character Map facility (charmap,.exe) then I can see that many such foreign characters have been allocated an Alt-nnnn code that is displayed at the bottom right of the Character Map acreen. This makes it easy to enter these characters. However, many other characters have not been given an Alt-nnnn keyboard shortcut. They only have a U-FFFF code, displayed at...

Opening CSV file(saved in unicode) in excel
Hi, If anyone can help me on this, I would really appreciate that. I have a file that is saved in .csv extension (Unicode format). Let's say for example, I have the data as follows: "text1","text2",123,"text3",450.00 When I save the above data in .csv (in Ascii format) and open in excel file, I see that each value is placed in adjacent columns. When I save the same data in .csv (Unicode) I see the whole information appears in the single cell(first cell only). Is there a limitation to the CSV FILE opening in EXCEL, with Unicode format? Any inputs/...

unicode format files for Outlook 2002
I use Outlook 2002. I would like to use Unicode files (for larger size). I see references to using it with Outlook 2003, but none for 2002. can unicode files be used with Outlook 2002? If so, how? thanks, Huck No OL 2003 & 2007 only "Huck Rorick" <huckrorick@groundwork.org> wrote in message news:epYUYAl4IHA.2348@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I use Outlook 2002. I would like to use Unicode files (for larger size). >I see references to using it with Outlook 2003, but none for 2002. can >unicode files be used with Outlook 2002? If so, how? > > than...

Clipboard for Unicode and Non-Unicode
Hi all, We have a progarm write with non-unicode. I found that in some language, the character can not be pasted to CEdit correctly. For example, if our application is running on Russian XP, the string copy from IE can be pasted to CEdit properly. But if I pasted the same string into Notepad, and then copy the string from notepad to our CEdit, the string can not show corectly. Is it a coding problem? Is it possible to make CEdit to accept the string from notepad? Thanks, Justin If it is a question of pasting a UTF16 string into a single-byte edit control, you could try it in two stages: L...

Unicode problem
Given the following code snippet: WNetOpenEnum( dwScope, 0, 0, NULL, &hEnum ); struct hostent *host; DWORD Count = 0xFFFFFFFF; LPVOID Buffer = new char[16384]; DWORD BufferSize = 16384; WNetEnumResource(hEnum, &Count, Buffer, &BufferSize); NetResource = (NETRESOURCE *) Buffer; for (int i = 0; i < Count; i++, NetResource++) { CString strFullName = NetResource->lpRemoteName; ... host = gethostbyname((LPCTSTR) strFullName); } This works when I do *not* have _UNICODE and UNICODE defined. When I *do* define those directives, I get a compiler error on the call to the...

MFC unicode setting
Anyone knows how to set unicode in VC++ .net? "Wing Yee" <linwingyee@hotmail.com> wrote in news:uq6MFrVaEHA.1488@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl: > Anyone knows how to set unicode in VC++ .net? Select menu "View" > "Solution Explorer" Select the project in the Solution Explorer view, right-click and select "Properties". In the opened dialog select "Configuration Properties" > "General" and search "Character Set" Change it from "Use Multi-Byte Character Set" (the default) to "Use Unicode Character Se...

Question of Unicode programming
The exercise code is: int _tmain(int argc, _TCHAR* argv[]) { TCHAR hello[] = "??";//Question 1 TCHAR a[] = { '\u0001', '\u0088', '\u0089', '\u00FF' };//Question 2 wcout << hello << endl;//Question 3 return 0; } Question 1: These Chinese words are copy and pasted from a web page. When trying to save the source code file, the IDE keeps reminding that Unicode can not be saved. How to save Unicode string of "hello"? Question 2: What is the relation between Unicode string like "??" and string like '\u...

FTPD and Telnet password lost when ethernet cable detached
I have a strange behavior with the password used for Remote Admin, FTP and Telnet on my device with Windows CE 5.0. When I reboot my device with the ethernet cable unplugged, when I insert the ethernet cable I'm unable to use the previous saved password, the ftp, telnet and remote admin login fails. I don't have problem when I reboot the device with the ethernet cable plugged-in. I use the Hive registry and the registry key [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Init\BootVars] "MasterKeysInRegistry"=dword:1 and the registry are saved after the reboot sequence. Can someone ...

create csv which contains unicode
i want to create csv which contains unicode can anyone help me out Requirement is not clear. Use Excel to create the unicode content and then save as CSV or Unicode txt format. "archana" wrote: > i want to create csv which contains unicode > can anyone help me out ...

printing UNICODE and convert CString to UNICODE
1.how do i convert some CString to UNICODE ? ? ? i search in MSDN and i dont understand how to do it . 2. i writing some program and i need to send some CString to printing . in my CString there is some local language (not eanglish) and the printer always give me some GIBRISH data. pleace , someone can help me ?? ? tanks. For 1: Use MultiByteToWideChar() Or, Use a CStringW and initialise it from your CString. For 2: You will need to give more information about how you are getting your text to the printer. You should be getting a device context for the printer and use DrawText or a ...

Handling UNICODE #2
Hello, again Here is another problem (at least for me). In the edit control non-English string is displayed properly. There is a member variable for this control, of a CString data type. My question is - how to assign this non-English string to this variable? I mean when I'm calling UpdateData(TRUE), in Debug the value for this member data is "??????" and also when I'm reading recordset, which returns this non-English value properly, (I can see it running corresponding stored procedure in Query Analyzer), the variable of a type _bstr_t, which receiving the value also look...

Unicode Support
Is there a way to insert characters in Microsoft Office V.X Applications, such as Unicode 010D and 0117 (c with a caron above it and e with a dot above it)? They don't seem to appear in the Insert -> Symbol box, and I can't insert them from the OSX Character Palette. Thanks for your help! Dave Feucht Dave Feucht <davidf@cs.pdx.edu> wrote: HI Dave, > Is there a way to insert characters in Microsoft Office V.X > Applications, such as Unicode 010D and 0117 (c with a caron above it > and e with a dot above it)? They don't seem to appear in the Insert &g...

RegQueryValueEx and UNICODE.
Hello everybody. I Have a function to extract char data from the registry, but I don't know if it is UNICODE compliant, this is my code: BOOL CRegistry::Read (LPCTSTR pszKey, CString& sVal) { ASSERT(pszKey); DWORD dwType; DWORD dwSize; LONG lReturn; //m_hKey already is ok: lReturn = ::RegQueryValueEx (m_hKey, pszKey, NULL, NULL, NULL, &dwSize); if (lReturn != ERROR_SUCCESS) return FALSE; //Is this UNICODE compliant? char *pszChain = (char*)malloc(dwSize + 1); if (!pszChain) return FALSE; dwSize++; lReturn = ::RegQueryValueEx (m_hKey, pszKey, NULL, &dwTyp...

Non-unicode version of LsaOpenPolicy...
The LsaOpenPolicy function takes Unicode string as parameter. Is there a non-Unicode version of the same function available..? Changing the entire application for Unicode support is very difficult. Even if there is a workaround, please let me know..? Thanks in advance. regards, Anand G Anand G wrote: > The LsaOpenPolicy function takes Unicode string as parameter. Is there a > non-Unicode version of the same function available..? > Changing the entire application for Unicode support is very difficult. Use Unicode string just for this function. Instead of CString use CStringW,...

Convert UTF-16 Unicode to UTF-8 Unicode?
How can I convert a UTF-16 (also known as UTF-7) unicode text file to a UTF-8 unicode text file? Thanks, Greg Open file with notepad, File - Save as choose the name of new file and encoding UTF-8 Then button "Save". Or you like do this from vb code? www.coin-masters.com "Greg Lovern" <gregl@gregl.net> wrote in message news:29051aaf-cf9f-44f9-838f-21952a243bcb@x3g2000yqd.googlegroups.com... > How can I convert a UTF-16 (also known as UTF-7) unicode text file to > a UTF-8 unicode text file? > > > Thanks, > > Greg ...

MS assumes everything is Unicode with VS 2008?
Any idea why, with VS 2008, MS changed CRichEditCtrl::GetSelText() to return an LPTSTR instead of LPSTR? This is a breaking change for me, but not the only one. Thanks Mike mike.frith@gmail.com wrote: > Any idea why, with VS 2008, MS changed CRichEditCtrl::GetSelText() > to return an LPTSTR instead of LPSTR? This is a breaking change for > me, but not the only one. > They will of course be the same, if you remove the default "Use Unicode" setting from the project. Bo Persson <mike.frith@gmail.com> wrote in message news:baa2952d-d165-45f0-a1cd-ba4d1fce53c...

Unicode CFileDialog in non-Unicode app how?
We have a non-Unicode app that in a few cases uses some Unicode features (deliberately, for example by specifying CStringW). The problem we're encountering, is that I would like to use the common "File Save" dialog, but pass it an initial filename that is not necessarily in the same language as the Windows install language. The default GetSaveFileNameA() (which is what CFileDialog::DoModal() calls) is unhappy when I do this, it fails and CommDlgExtendedError() returns FNERR_INVALIDFILENAME which is not entirely unexpected. It looks like MFC has a few Unicode features avai...

Unicode Character (Polish) in a C# XML Web Service
Hello, I have developped a C# XML Web Service. Methods of this Web Service will be accessed by a SAP Business Connector via XML. This all architecture will have to run for several countries as Poland and their own characters (Example : ąęłśżąęłśżąęł). In fact my web service works fine except with those charachters. We have checked the packages sent through the network and everything seems fine until it gets into my web service. Then in my web method, all characters are replaced by ????? (question marks). If now I access my web service via internet explorer and I enter those polish c...

Export CSV dash is \226 (unicode)
Received an excel file which needs to be exported into a plain ascii csv file. It appears that the originator had smart quoting or some kind of unicode setup for this spreadsheet. The system which requires the cvs file can not use unicode characters. The - characters must be a simple hex 2d type of dash as in: | 00 nul| 01 soh| 02 stx| 03 etx| 04 eot| 05 enq| 06 ack| 07 bel| | 08 bs | 09 ht | 0a nl | 0b vt | 0c np | 0d cr | 0e so | 0f si | | 10 dle| 11 dc1| 12 dc2| 13 dc3| 14 dc4| 15 nak| 16 syn| 17 etb| | 18 can| 19 em | 1a sub| 1b esc| 1c fs | 1d gs | 1e rs | 1f us | | 20 s...