Find two PCI instance but load Init() one time

Hi all,

I'm developing a stream interface driver for my PCI device under WinCE 6.0
and this driver works very well currently. Now, I got a problem when testing
two the same PCI devices with my stream driver.

The registry can find two PCI instances (i.e. PCI\Instance\mydrv1, PCI\
Instance\mydrv2) but system only call my XXX_init() one time. Does anyone
know what the problem is?

The following information is my registry setting:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\PCI\Template\mydrv]
	"Dll"="mydrv.dll"
	"Prefix"="DRV"
	"Index"=dword:1
	"Order"=dword:0
	"VendorID"=multi_sz:"1234"
	"DeviceID"=multi_sz:"0001"
	"Class"=dword:02
	"SubClass"=dword:80
	"ProgIF"=dword:0

CYLin

The problem is the "Index"=dword:1 in the Template registry which is copied
in both the Istance keys that are created: remove it; the correct Index
value will be created in the Instance key and will be different for the two
instances

--
Luca Calligaris (MVP-Windows Embedded)
l.calligaris.nospam@eurotech.it.nospam

"CYLin via PocketPCJunkies.com" <u55815@uwe> ha scritto nel messaggio
> Hi all,
>
> I'm developing a stream interface driver for my PCI device under WinCE 6.0
> and this driver works very well currently. Now, I got a problem when
> testing
> two the same PCI devices with my stream driver.
>
> The registry can find two PCI instances (i.e. PCI\Instance\mydrv1, PCI\
> Instance\mydrv2) but system only call my XXX_init() one time. Does anyone
> know what the problem is?
>
> The following information is my registry setting:
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\PCI\Template\mydrv]
> "Dll"="mydrv.dll"
> "Prefix"="DRV"
> "Index"=dword:1
> "Order"=dword:0
> "VendorID"=multi_sz:"1234"
> "DeviceID"=multi_sz:"0001"
> "Class"=dword:02
> "SubClass"=dword:80
> "ProgIF"=dword:0

Luca
11/17/2009 8:09:16 AM
Thanks Luca.

The problem has been solved.

CYLin.

Luca Calligaris [eMVP] wrote:
>The problem is the "Index"=dword:1 in the Template registry which is copied
>in both the Istance keys that are created: remove it; the correct Index
>value will be created in the Instance key and will be different for the two
>instances

CYLin

run-time error 2147467259 (80004005)
i have a store that is getting the run time error above only when they have a transaction involving the members of one matrix, and then they are kicked out of the system. if they try to sell one of these items, transfer it to another store, receive it, etc, it will kill the program and give this error. the rest of the information given in the error is "could not find the index entry for RID '1600002bd2765100' in index page (1:42599), index ID 8, database GFANC03. Does anyone have any ideas on the cause of this problem and possible solutions? We are using version 1.2, sin...

A code to import other xls data into one xls file
Hi there. Can anyone help me in creating a VB code in excel Module that imports data like file name;direct cost; and year from several xls spreadsheets [reports_1, reports_2, ...] (from different sheets and cells) into one spreadsheet [summary] into the following columns accordingly: (column 1 [file name]: file name; column 2 [direct cost]: dollar amounts, column 3 [year]: year)? i already have the code that pulls file names from the folder directory and pastes the data into column 1 [file name]. may be it will be easier to have the code refer to that column 1. Please note that t...

Two CListBoxes alignment
Hi, there, I am using two CListBoxes control to show two sets of files. When I click on one file of control A, I want the file with the same index of control B also highlighted. And when I slide the scroll bar of control A, the view of control B should also be changed to show the same view. Is this possible? And if it is, what the methods and events should I use? Thanks lot in advance! Gary Lets assume that both listboxes have the same information. I would catch the scroll message (WM_VSCROLL) of the listboxes, when I a scroll happened, I get the top index of the listbox, and set t...

Find Duplicate names and delate

Finding a Median

Find a Value the first Time It Occurs

Add Record from form into two tables
I have a form (frm_Invoice) that records phone serial # from customers. I want to create a new record in both the tbl_Inventory and tbl_Inventory_Detail when someone scans in a DEC_SN into the frm_Invoice. The issue I am running across is that the tbl_Inventory_Details has a child relationship to the tbl_Inventory. I chose this set up because most of the inventory is manually entered from shipments received from a warehouse. I created a form and sub form for the inventory tying the SN_ID from each table on a one to many relationship. I do not know how to update both tables at ...

Find/Replace in RichEdit 2.0

OK, a really tricky one now for Excel gurus!
A perfect response before, this time a little trickier! I have two data sources: Data A) a column of approx. 3000 cells featuring the 'Post Code' only from a database of addresses. Data B) The Australian postcode database as found and downloaded from the below link: http://www1.auspost.com.au/postcodes/index.asp?sub=2 What I want to happen is each postcode from source 'A' to match up with the corresponding post code from source 'B' (this is in column A). Once it matches, the 'Delivery Office' (column E) is to appear in column B of Data Source Sheet A......

Find (but not find)

Two Accounts
Hi Have setup two accounts, and they show up as expected. However get this messsage when trying to send account B. Account A works just fine. Have an email in B which stays in outbox and B will not receive either.Each account is a different ISP but that should not make any difference. All the settings are the same for each account. **** host smtp server could not be found Windows live mail error ID: 0x800CCC0D .....Socket error 11003 **** There must be a setting that requires changing. Any ideas ? Thanks Charlie Harris "sswcharlie" wrote in messa...

Finding an event

How do I load Outlook if I didn't select it when I loaded Outlook
I put office on my laptop but (among other programs like Power Point) I didn't select it when I was loading it up (didnt think I would ever use it).... well.... now I have a Blackberry and need Outlook so I can sync it.... help? Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs | Microsoft Office | Add or Remove Features.... -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies h...

Two domains
I have 2 separate domains and want a couple of users to receive and send email messages for both the domains and for some to just be able to send and receive email messages from one of the domains. I enabled exchange to accept email messages for the #2 domain. The #1 domain works fine. The problem is that if a user configured to receive and send both receives the #2 domain email when he replies to it it shows up as though it is coming from the #1 domain. The only way I know to setup the user that needs to use only the #2 domain is to set him up as a user in active directory and then set his e...

How do I print 4 different postcards on one sheet in Publisher
Our company sends postcards to customers everytime their properties are advertised in the newspaper. There is usually 8 different properties advertised a day. The templet is the same everytime as far as the design of the card. What is different is the description on each and the picture. Currently we are having to print 4 of each card, each day. This works fine as long as there is not a change in the wording of the ad the next time it is ran or a price change. This is getting to be confusing, wasteful and causing mistakes. I have tried to read about mail merge but this doesn't...

cannot find database

Trapping a NO FIND after a find

How do I find the out of office reply?

Copy PDK employee information from one company to another
Hi everyone, In PDK, is there a way to copy all the active employee's information from one company to a new one? Thanks a bunch Ian, I dont think we do have such option in PDK and if someone else says it do exist, it'd be a good learning for me as well. Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP "Ian2009" wrote: > Hi everyone, > > In PDK, is there a way to copy all the active employee's information from > one company to a new one? > > Thanks a bunch ...

Worksheet Problem
I have a excel doc that has 4 tabs(sheets) named AIX, HPUX, Windows Other. Each sheet is a listing of all our servers of each type and th relevant info on each (hostname, location, version, vendor, dat purchased, etc..). Each sheet is also auto-filtered on the top row b these categories. I would like to add a 5th sheet called "All" that list's all of ou servers on one sheet. Is there a way to create this sheet so i automatically gets it's data from the other sheets and is updated whe the others are updated? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I th...

Autorun a macro at preset times
I have a macro that draws data from a website and places in to several tables which are then organised is different criteria. Instead of me manually hitting the button with assigned macro, I want to have the macro run itself every 10 minutes. How do I do this please? Darren, have a look at ONTIME in Excel VBA help -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Darren" wrote: > I have a macro that draws data from a website and places i...