Application calling the function defined in BSP's dll

Hi:

IN CE600,mipsii BSP platform ,i build a C AP project.
i want to call a fuction defined in dll. this dll had been put in platform
..bib (abc.dll       $(_FLATRELEASEDIR)\abc.dll              NK  SHK)
1. could i call the function defined in dll directly in AP?
2. if i first to loadlibrary(TEXT("abc.dll")) then return NULL, how can i
call the function defined in dll correctly?
3. i make the function to the BSP's lib. and put the lib to Application
properties Link field (Additional libraries).
  but the link put out the err message:
  Linking obj\MIPSII\retail\BLK2.exe
BUILD: [01:0000000048:ERRORE] BLK2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external
symbol "int __cdecl GetBklVersion(unsigned short *)"
(?GetBklVersion@@YAHPAG@Z) referenced in function "long __cdecl
WndProc(struct HWND__ *,unsigned int,unsigned int,long)"
(?WndProc@@YAJPAUHWND__@@IIJ@Z)
BUILD: [01:0000000049:ERRORE] BLK2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external
symbol "int __cdecl StartBklAPI(void)" (?StartBklAPI@@YAHXZ) referenced in
function "long __cdecl WndProc(struct HWND__ *,unsigned int,unsigned
int,long)" (?WndProc@@YAJPAUHWND__@@IIJ@Z)
BUILD: [01:0000000050:ERRORE] obj\MIPSII\retail\BLK2.exe : fatal error
LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals

i had declared the function name as C rule.
don't know why not link?

 hope to get clues .
any comment would be good to us.

Thanks & Best Regards.
vincent tsai

0
vincent

You can't load a kernel DLL from an application.  It has to be a non-kernel
DLL.  I think that simply removing SHK from your BIB entry will allow you to
load it as in 2 or link with the library.  As for the link problem you're
having, there are several things that you might be doing wrong: the function
might not be exported from the DLL, hence not in the library, you might be
exporting it in C calling convention but trying to call it from C++ without
the declaration being properly set up (or you might be exporting it in C++
format and trying to call it as extern "C"), or you might be even further
off the track.

Paul T.

"vincent.tsai" <vincent.tsai@icnexus.com.tw> wrote in message
> Hi:
>
> IN CE600,mipsii BSP platform ,i build a C AP project.
> i want to call a fuction defined in dll. this dll had been put in platform
> .bib (abc.dll       $(_FLATRELEASEDIR)\abc.dll              NK  SHK)
> 1. could i call the function defined in dll directly in AP?
> 2. if i first to loadlibrary(TEXT("abc.dll")) then return NULL, how can i
> call the function defined in dll correctly?
> 3. i make the function to the BSP's lib. and put the lib to Application
> properties Link field (Additional libraries).
>  but the link put out the err message:
>  Linking obj\MIPSII\retail\BLK2.exe
> BUILD: [01:0000000048:ERRORE] BLK2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved
> external symbol "int __cdecl GetBklVersion(unsigned short *)"
> (?GetBklVersion@@YAHPAG@Z) referenced in function "long __cdecl
> WndProc(struct HWND__ *,unsigned int,unsigned int,long)"
> (?WndProc@@YAJPAUHWND__@@IIJ@Z)
> BUILD: [01:0000000049:ERRORE] BLK2.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved
> external symbol "int __cdecl StartBklAPI(void)" (?StartBklAPI@@YAHXZ)
> referenced in function "long __cdecl WndProc(struct HWND__ *,unsigned
> int,unsigned int,long)" (?WndProc@@YAJPAUHWND__@@IIJ@Z)
> BUILD: [01:0000000050:ERRORE] obj\MIPSII\retail\BLK2.exe : fatal error
> LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
>
> i had declared the function name as C rule.
> don't know why not link?
>
> hope to get clues .
> any comment would be good to us.
>
> Thanks & Best Regards.
> vincent tsai

0
Paul

Year function
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0020_01C87145.55E12640 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi All I am using this formula and it's working great. = =3DIF(MONTH(TODAY())=3DMONTH(A1),A2,"") In addition to this I need to qualify that the date in A1 also reads the = year. I struggled long enough, please , can anyone help me? =20 Thanks Ben ------=_NextPart_000_0020_01C87145.55E12640 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable ...

Clicking one application's buttons from another application
Hello, I'd like to write an application that can click the buttons of another application running on the same machine. All my application knows about the target application is its name, the name of the window containing the buttons, and the name of the buttons. Can someone further my education in this matter in some way. Thanks, Ray Mitchell This is tricky, but possible. I actually do it in a little utility I wrote to move Outlook filters down, since the "Move Down" button doesn't autorepeat and when you have 850 anti-spam filters it becomes a bit unwieldy. What yo...

Call routines of other workbooks?
Is it possible to open another macro enabled workbook and call any subroutines that exist in modules of that workbook?? I know how to write code that opens another workbook, but I'm not sure if I can call other subroutines of that workbook. thank u See the help for Application Run -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Robert Crandal" <nobody@gmail.com> wrote in message news:UOb2n.4175$Kq7.1108@newsfe04.iad... > Is it possible to open another macro enabled workbook and > call any subroutines that exist in modules ...

running another application from my application
Hello, I have an MDI application that on a specific case runs a 3rd party application. I use PeekMessage so my application will be drawn corretly while working on the 3rd party app. I want to prevent the user from doing anything in my application while te 3rd party app is running, until the user closes the 3rd party application. Also I want my application to be shown correctly (handle WM_PAINT, WM_DRAW etc.). Currently my application is displayed very well, but the user may do things in my application while the 3rd party app is running. I use the following code (pseuo): BOOL bRetVal = CreateP...

format-number function & .NET
When I do a transform with a stylesheet containing the function format-number($varname,'#,##0.00') from XSLerator (which uses MSXML) I get the result I expect, a decimal number rounded to 2 places. When I load the stylesheet & do the transform from my VB.NET or C# code however (i.e. using system.xml etc) I always get NaN returned. I don't know why, it took me ages to work it out but the fix is to cast the first parameter in the function to number, i.e. format-number(number($varname),'#,##0.00'), then I get what I expect. Anyone know why I am getting this behaviour?...

Compact and Repair function creates a new mdb file, Database 1, 2,
When we use the compact and repair function in Access 2007, on a database created in Access 2000, it creates a new database file named Database. Subsequent compactions create additional databases named Database 1, Database 2, etc. This is on a network drive, and it is a replicated database. Is the new file that is created the new version of the compacted original and should it therefore be renamed and the original be deleted? The orginal database size doesn't change, the new one that is created is considerably smaller. Also, should the replicated copies be individually compact...

Application exiting with return Code 3 and ExitInstance not called neither destructors
Hey Friends It seems that i have done something very mysterious as my Application is exiting with return Code 3 and ExitInstance is not not called neither destructors. Plz Help "Vikrant_kpr" <bhatia.manish@netsity.com> wrote in message news:f62362ec.0307170549.7af528cf@posting.google.com... > Hey Friends > It seems that i have done something very mysterious as my Application > is exiting with return Code 3 and ExitInstance is not not called > neither access violation? Dear Antonio Mazzeo I have corrected the problem,it was causing due to Splash Screen Compone...

Ideas for a Dept Level Application Support
We have an IT group that supports 50 applications and they wish to capture support time by application during course of the year. During the course of a week, any application or combination of applications can have support requests, so it is different week to week and not predictable. Essentially we are looking to park the time with appropriate application after the work is complete. We are using Project Server 2007 and have investigated the following: 1. Created a Annual Support workplan with a task per application in Project Pro with the IT group added as Enterprise resourc...

MS097.DLL
I am trying to reinstall MS Publisher 98 on my computer and am unable to do this because my MS097.DLL file is missing. How do I overcome this problem Anita I found the following by Googling for "missing ms097.dll" The file "mso97.dll" is on the office 97 CD. It is in the \Office directory. Simply copy this file to the "c:\program files\microsoft office\office\" directory. If this dosen't work, copy the file to "c:\windows\system\" also. Hope this helps. -- JoAnn Two things are aesthetically perfect in the world - the clock and the cat. ...

creating a function for dividing two columns
I am trying to keep track of softball stats. I trying to make a column of batting averages. I have at bats in column b, hits in column c with the results in column d. I cant get the function right so it will display the correct result. use this =SUM(C1/B1) in cell D1. Format D1 as a number with 3 decimal places. Steve Hubbard "cflan" <cflan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:212BF952-55B9-45DF-BC8C-E8B670FA6010@microsoft.com... > I am trying to keep track of softball stats. I trying to make a column of > batting averages. I have at bats in column b,...

Calling Schema & XMLValidating Reader Heads!
I've written a spiffy class to validate my xml. it loads up a schema into an xmlvalidatingreader and runs thru the xml, firing validationevents as it goes. Friend Sub ValidationEventHandle(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal args As ValidationEventArgs) _bIsValid = False _errordata.Add(_reader.Name & "|" & _sCurrentFilename & "|" & _iCurrentRecordNumber & "|" & args.Message & "|" & Me.SchemaFilename & "|" & _reader.Reader.Value) End Sub my question is simple - is there any know whay to reference the ac...

Help in creating dialog based application
Hi, I am creating a dialog based application which has a main dialog with 3 buttons. 1. Address Book 2. Student List 3. Course List with which i can go to any one of the screens(which is again the dialog). when i click address book button my main dialog should be hidden/closed and i should open the address book dialog which has again some button to navigate back to main dialog/student list/course list. same kind of functionality for other two dialogs(student/course list). i thought of creating all the 3 dialogs as modeless and main dialog as parent but how i will inform the parent window to ...

DLLs being loaded for all applications
I get the following warning at system startup: "Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application. The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications." How do I review the list of libraries and how do I eliminate any that should be removed? ...

Converting Console Application to win32 application
I have created an MFC console application. When I run it from Windows Explorer it opens a dos box and closes the box when it terminates it logic. Is it possible to convert it so it won't open the dos box - just run without any display? If positive, please help me regarding the steps. Thanks Kalish I am not sure if you can compile MFC with a standard win32 application, but if you can, then you can simply change your main to a WinMain, and you will have the result you want. Create a Win32 Project using the Wizard, and selection Windows Application, to see an example. Remove everthing ...

MSMQ ... authenticating application
A number of application stores messages in MSMQ. One of the server application needs to read messages that was created/stored by specific applications not to read all the messages in MSMQ. Is there any workarounds? Thank you Regards Raj "Raj" <Raj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6917708E-88B1-497B-A888-5038ACEA17CE@microsoft.com... >A number of application stores messages in MSMQ. One of the server > application needs to read messages that was created/stored by specific > applications not to read all the messages in MSMQ. > ...

is there a hotel management excel application?
The subject says is all... TIA Martyn Hi Martyn, See response to your thread in Programming. --- Regards, Norman "Cheker" <zoomer@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eNJLsRRqEHA.348@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > The subject says is all... > TIA > Martyn > > > ...

DLL
Is there any way to detect when an application that is calling my dll is about to be destroyed? I need to close several files if the calling application has not done so, therefore I need to detect when the calling application is about to be destroyed and clean up the files and variables I have used in the dll. You need to implement DllMain, the handle your cleanup tasks when you receive a PROCESS_DETACH notification. Check out: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore/html/_core_initialize_non.2d.mfc_dlls.asp "Joe Estock" <jestock@NOSPAMnutexto...

Telnet application
Greets, Quick question.... If I was to write a VB6 app for configuring an IP device using Telnet, would it be more advantageous to use the Winsock control, or the INet control for the telnet session ? The device has the telnet server, I just need to write a GUI that uses telnet as a client to communicate with the device, and then present the configuration info in a typical GUI way. TIA, DanS "DanS" <t.h.i.s.n.t.h.a.t@r.o.a.d.r.u.n.n.e.r.c.o.m> wrote in message news:Xns9CEA5E17494CEthisnthatroadrunnern@216.196.97.131... > Greets, > > Quick...

Limit of choose function up to index no. (2)
Sheet 1 contains the summary which will draw the data from sheet 2. Sheet 2 contains column of data for Day 1 to Day 31. I wish to do this on sheet 1 - if I key in 2, it will pick up data from sheet 2 under the column Day 2. If I key in 3, it will pick up data from sheet 2 under the column day 3 etc Hi and what exact values are the column headers of sheet2 (e.g. real date values, just a number 1-31, etc.) Please post some example rows of data (plain text - no attachment please) You may also stay in the original thread :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Cheryl" <...

To mark points when function reach some values
I want to mark points when function reach some values on chart. Is that posible? Thanks for help! > I want to mark points when function reach some values on chart. Is that > posible? > > Thanks for help! Yes it is! a) But i dont know how and b) u have to specify in which way do u want to mark that points. With an arrow? Bold up? greets mt Hi, You can do this by add extra data series that has points that are only displayed when required. This page has some examples and further links http://www.andypope.info/charts/Labellast.htm Cheers Andy natash@ wrote: > I want ...

Phone Call Errors in CRM 4.0
Hi All, Got a couple of errors in a recent upgrade from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0. The upgrade went smoothly and all users are logging on fine. Problem one:- Users when accessing the phonecall entity and saving, the screen is coming up with CRM encountered an Error send report to microsoft (but still saving the record) - is this a db permissions issue? Problem two:- When creating a new appointment the resources and accounts fields are greyed out. Any help or pointers on this would be great. Thanks in Advance Hi, We had some very similar issues after doing our upgrade to CRM4, and ended u...

MFC applications and Visual C++'s newer editions
Hello. When it comes to Win32, Visual Studio .NET 2005 Express Edition Beta 2 only allows the creation of console-based applications. What if one wanted to create MFC-based applications and, at the same time, be able to take advantage of the powerful and conforming C++ compiler that comes with the package? I hope that resorting to Visual C++ 6.0 is not the only option. Thank you, -- Ney Andr� de Mello Zunino "Ney Andr� de Mello Zunino" <zunino@inf.ufsc.br> wrote in message news:%23FuRyAcXFHA.584@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hello. > > When it comes to Win32, Vi...

Using MABLE logic engine with existing .NET applications.
Using MABLE logic engine with existing .NET applications. MABLE web services provide an interface to MABLE business objects and logic. Let us review some technical details of the MABLE web services. � MABLE utilizes SOAP 1.2 protocol. � MABLE uses AXIS 1.4 as a web service transport. � MABLE support state-full conversations by implementing a conversation session. In this small article we will create a client application that use the MABLE 'Store' application MABLE Web Service client has to maintain a state-full conversation with the MABLE engine. The best way to handle this is...

Hiding application
Hello, How can I hide my application from the user? I don't want him to see it in Task Manager, Task Bar, etc. Regards, Vladimir. "Vladimir" <genisoft@ufacom.ru> wrote in message news:ueUr72idDHA.736@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > How can I hide my application from the user? I don't want him to see it > in > Task Manager, Task Bar, etc. Make it a service. -- -GJC -Software Consultant (Embedded systems and Real Time Controls) -gchanson@mvps.org -Abolish public schools It'll be still visibled, and killable by administrator - li...

Using function in worksheet
Hi All, Bank A/C no. Holder Cash In Cash Out Net Total ----------------- --------- ----------- ------------ ------------ 1234 Father 1200 450 750 1234 Mother 800 125 675 1234 Son a 15000 885 14115 1234 Son b 1200 74 1126 1234 Daughter a 250 155 95 5678 Mother 1200 45 ...