yet another sending error

Good day all

 I am not able to send mail but can receive them. I was using norton and
uninstalled it to no avail. I tried different connections( wi fi. and 2
different dial ups) I also used the telnet tool but I get an error and i even
formatted my pc... no luck. I tried 2 email addys with no success ( The
connection to the server has failed. Subject '', Account: 'pop.gmail.com',
Server: 'smtp.gmail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket
Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E)

Norton products when uninstalled leave a lot of problematic junk behind.
Any uninstall of a Norton product must be followed up by using their
debris removal tool:
http://service1.symantec.com/Support/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039=

Are you currently using any other third party security software?

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Bandit" <Bandit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> Good day all
>=20
>=20
> I am not able to send mail but can receive them. I was using norton =
and=20
> uninstalled it to no avail. I tried different connections( wi fi. and =
2=20
> different dial ups) I also used the telnet tool but I get an error and =
i even=20
> formatted my pc... no luck. I tried 2 email addys with no success ( =
The=20
> connection to the server has failed. Subject '', Account: =
'pop.gmail.com',=20
> Server: 'smtp.gmail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes, =
Socket=20
> Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E)

0
Gary
12/29/2009 8:24:23 PM
Had the same error and searched the web.  Came up with diagnoseyourpc.com.
Haven't tried it yet.  What was your solution?

"Bandit" wrote:

> Good day all
>

>  I am not able to send mail but can receive them. I was using norton and
> uninstalled it to no avail. I tried different connections( wi fi. and 2
> different dial ups) I also used the telnet tool but I get an error and i even
> formatted my pc... no luck. I tried 2 email addys with no success ( The
> connection to the server has failed. Subject '', Account: 'pop.gmail.com',
> Server: 'smtp.gmail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket
> Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E)

If you would like some custom help, right-click on your error message,=20
copy, then paste it into a reply here.
We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message.=20

"Max200g" <Max200g@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> Had the same error and searched the web.  Came up with =
diagnoseyourpc.com. =20
> Haven't tried it yet.  What was your solution?
>=20
> "Bandit" wrote:
>=20
>> Good day all
>>=20
>>=20
>>  I am not able to send mail but can receive them. I was using norton =
and=20
>> uninstalled it to no avail. I tried different connections( wi fi. and =
2=20
>> different dial ups) I also used the telnet tool but I get an error =
and i even=20
>> formatted my pc... no luck. I tried 2 email addys with no success ( =
The=20
>> connection to the server has failed. Subject '', Account: =
'pop.gmail.com',=20
>> Server: 'smtp.gmail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 465, Secure(SSL): =
Yes, Socket=20
>> Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E)

0
Gary
12/30/2009 7:07:46 AM
Hi Gary
I am downloading AVG at the moment but otherwise just using the standard
software preinstalled ( Windows defender, windows firewall etc) with the
laptop from new. Incidently my lap had worked from new with the norton.

Regards

"Bandit" wrote:

> Good day all
>

>  I am not able to send mail but can receive them. I was using norton and
> uninstalled it to no avail. I tried different connections( wi fi. and 2
> different dial ups) I also used the telnet tool but I get an error and i even
> formatted my pc... no luck. I tried 2 email addys with no success ( The
> connection to the server has failed. Subject '', Account: 'pop.gmail.com',
> Server: 'smtp.gmail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket
> Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E)

Hi there Gary
I used the norton tool you recommended , thanks for the advice and i
installed the avg custom without email scanning, no luck. I am using all the
standard app ( windows defender and firewall) that comes preinstalled with
new laptop. What else should i do?

Regards
Bandit

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:

> Norton products when uninstalled leave a lot of problematic junk behind.
> Any uninstall of a Norton product must be followed up by using their
> debris removal tool:
> http://service1.symantec.com/Support/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039
>
> Are you currently using any other third party security software?

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen
>

> "Bandit" <Bandit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36086DB3-7D98-4583-94F8-7809E6DE94BE@microsoft.com...
> > Good day all
> >

> > I am not able to send mail but can receive them. I was using norton and
> > uninstalled it to no avail. I tried different connections( wi fi. and 2
> > different dial ups) I also used the telnet tool but I get an error and i even
> > formatted my pc... no luck. I tried 2 email addys with no success ( The
> > connection to the server has failed. Subject '', Account: 'pop.gmail.com',
> > Server: 'smtp.gmail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket
> > Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E)
> >
> .

The only other suggestion I have is to try upgrading to Windows Live =
Mail:

http://download.live.com/wlmail=20

> Hi there Gary
> I used the norton tool you recommended , thanks for the advice and i=20
> installed the avg custom without email scanning, no luck. I am using =
all the=20
> standard app ( windows defender and firewall) that comes preinstalled =
with=20
> new laptop. What else should i do?
>=20
> Regards
> Bandit
>=20
> "Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:
>=20
>> Norton products when uninstalled leave a lot of problematic junk =
behind.
>> Any uninstall of a Norton product must be followed up by using their
>> debris removal tool:
>> =
http://service1.symantec.com/Support/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039=

>>=20
>> Are you currently using any other third party security software?
>>=20
>> --=20
>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen
>>=20
>>=20
>> "Bandit" <Bandit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
>> > Good day all
>> >=20
>> >=20
>> > I am not able to send mail but can receive them. I was using norton =
and=20
>> > uninstalled it to no avail. I tried different connections( wi fi. =
and 2=20
>> > different dial ups) I also used the telnet tool but I get an error =
and i even=20
>> > formatted my pc... no luck. I tried 2 email addys with no success ( =
The=20
>> > connection to the server has failed. Subject '', Account: =
'pop.gmail.com',=20
>> > Server: 'smtp.gmail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 465, Secure(SSL): =
Yes, Socket=20
>> > Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E)
>> >
>> .

0
Gary

yet another sending error
Good day all I am not able to send mail but can receive them. I was using norton and uninstalled it to no avail. I tried different connections( wi fi. and 2 different dial ups) I also used the telnet tool but I get an error and i even formatted my pc... no luck. I tried 2 email addys with no success ( The connection to the server has failed. Subject '', Account: 'pop.gmail.com', Server: 'smtp.gmail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E) Norton products when uninstalled leave a lot of proble...

Am I sending spam?
Hello Everyone and thanks fo ryour help in advance. I am relatively new to Exchange 2003. I recently received a phone call from an individual saying they had received spam that we did not send from one of the domains we host. The email address that it was received from was nonexistentemail@mydomain.com, i.e. it cam from an email address that is not set up on the server. The server is running antivirus software and I have only one external IP address that is allowed to relay through it. However, I am not sophisticated enough to go through the logs and understand if it was actually ...

Error bars
How can I add a unique error bar to each bar in a chart? Each bar represents an average with its own unique range. Hi Ann, On the Error-bar dialogbox are two boxes that allow you to specify custom + and - error values. These can be used to specify a range of cells which contain the error values. Ann wrote: > How can I add a unique error bar to each bar in a chart? Each bar represents an average with its own unique range. -- Cheers Andy http://www.andypope.info ...

Linking error
When linking my program I get several unresolved externals that have to do with the active accessibility members of the CWnd class. Does anyone know what libraries the active accessibility functions are contained in? I am linking my project to use MFC in a shared DLL. mp can u post the errors you are getting? "Master Programmer" <mirekuk@msn.com> wrote in message news:#V0byW3QDHA.2316@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > When linking my program I get several unresolved externals that have to do > with the active accessibility members of the CWnd class. Does anyone know > wh...

941 Quarterly Prep report error
We have a customer receiving the following error message when trying to print their 941 Quarterly preparation reports. They have installed both the tax and code updates. Unhandled script exception. Illetgal address for field COBRA Premium Toital in script 941_Generate Script terminated. We checked security for the 941 reports, everything has been marked. What else should we be looking at? We are also experiencing this same problem. Please post the solution to your customer's problem if/when they resolve this issue. Thank you! "Susan" wrote: > We have a cust...

Another NameTable Question
I am trying to work out the best way to use the NameTable class in my C# application. I am assuming that getting/adding a string to the nametable has the same overheads as comparing a string normally, so I have created a class which holds references to the atomized strings. Is there a better way to do this? simple example below //Class to provide "string constants" private class MyStrings { public String stringA; public String stringB; public MyStrings(NameTable nt) { stringA = nt.Add("A"); stringB = nt.Add("B"); } } //Class...

My 'Send to' is broken
When I right click on a file in a directory (such as a photo) I get a menu that includes 'Send to' and an option to 'Mail recipient'. When I click on that it used to launche an email composition window from Outlook and the file is an attachment. For some reason, that function has stopped working. I checked my Outlook preferences and the box designating Outlook as the default email client is checked. I am using Outlook 2003 SP1 and this problem has just started in the last week. Any help on fixing this would be appreciated. Is Outlook open when you try this? Have you...

Can not send or receive E mail with Outlook 2002
I can not use MS Outlook 2003, Windows XP, and Earthlink to receive and send mail. I have contacted Microsoft Corporation, Dell, and Earthlink to solve the problem. Earthlink and Dell after trying unsuccessfully to fix the problem just tell me it is a software problem. I get the error message "The operation failed. An object could not be found." In Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 312354 you address this problem. I have followed the instructions several times but was not successful. Perhaps you can help me. My brother says he has a similar problem using Outlook express wi...

having one field display when another field changes
I have a field CHSTAT that updates in the original database I want a new field that will display something different as the CHSTAT updates and changes ie. CHSTAT = "10" new field = "Printed"......CHSTAT = 20 new field= "Located" Cheers!! In tables and fields you should have a table that has a field that has the CHSTAT values and a field that has the equivalent text values. Then you join that table to the current table in a query on the CHSTAT values. If you want to do this on a form, you could use a combobox to select the values. The source ...

Help! Closing Outlook, Error Pops Up Everytime!
When I hit "Send/Receive" and I finishing reading my mail and close Outlook, I ALWAYS get an error stating that there was a problem. (Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.) And it gives me the chance to check the box that says "Restart Outlook" and then I hit "Don't Send" and Outlook opens right back up. It ONLY does this when I open Outlook, and hit "Send/Receive." I can go in there and look at my Contacts and exit, and I never get that error. Please help! I get this too...

How do I copy a formula from one worksheet to another?
I have a formula in one worksheet and want to copy that result to a cell in another worksheet. When I try to do that, I get "#REF#" in the destination cell. How can I make this work? "cahduq" <cahduq@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B6A6EE7C-B925-4FCE-B2EE-D8F8D6B601D3@microsoft.com... >I have a formula in one worksheet and want to copy that result to a cell in > another worksheet. When I try to do that, I get "#REF#" in the > destination > cell. How can I make this work? > Copy-Paste Special-Values Hi If you on...

Function with an error
Please help debug this. I'm trying to turn a text string deliminated with | into an array. Option Compare Text Function Txt_Ary(Txt As String) As Range 'Turns the string value to a multi value range Dim Cnt As Integer Dim n As Integer Dim Tmp_Ary As Range Dim Tmp_Txt As String Dim Sel_Case As Integer Txt_Ary = Tmp_Ary With Application.WorksheetFunction 'Finds the number of values deliminated by a ; Cnt = Len(Txt) - Len(.Substitute(Txt, "|", "")) + 1 'there is "" or only one value then...

Migrating GP to another Existing Server
Hi, So far I can only managed to find documentation on GP migration to a new server. Is there any documentation on migration to another existing GP Server? We currently have two different MGP systems (1 in the UK and 1 in Singapore) and plan to consolidate them in Singapore. Any help would be appreciated! Cheers, Sugih If you are going to add the UK db to the Singapore server in ONE GP install with 2 companies: 1. Backup the UK company using the SQL backup tool. Take the file to Singapore. 2. On the Singapore GP install, create a new company. Use the same name as the UK compan...

Error
My HR users are seeing a new error when trying to update one of the fields on the "Position Extra Fields" Screen (located at "Position Setup" Screen -> "Position Extra Fields" Screen) The error is "This employee record has been changed since you opened this window. Changes won't be saved." I can duplicated it also, even when signed in as admin. I tried tracing it but see nothing that helps. A SQL trace shows an attempted insert to HRPOS022 then next a Select to Dynamics..Sy01700 (holds the error messages) Ca...

Moving Mailboxest another user
We use Windows 2000 Server, with Exchange 2000 using outlook. I want to be able to move the Outlook information from the mailboxes, calendars and address books from one user to another user so that I can delete the original user but not lose the information. How can I do this? Ok If the new user not have data in his mailbox the operation is very simple.. 1. Delete new user mailbox (from AD Users & Computers) 2. Delete old user mailbox (from AD Users & Computers) 3. Open Exchange System Manager navigate to server ->mailbox store -> mailboxes Right click -> run cleanu...

error message 550
I am unable to send e-mail through my outlook express 6. I keep getting the following message. The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79 Any suggestions? I think 550 means that relaying is prohibited. check your account settings against those recommended by your ISP. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0d9001c42605$9dcbfd20$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I am unable to send e-mail through my outlook express 6. > I keep getting the following message. > > The mes...

why do I get sending message 2 of 2 when I only sent 1 email
When I send an e-mail, the status says sending 1 of 2 , sending 2 of 2. I only sent one e-mail. What was the second one for? There are no attachments, CCs or BCCs. Using Outlook 2007? This is quite common then when you have multiple accounts configured. Outlook 2007 has a counting bug which is partly fixed with Service Pack 2. It's just a counting issue, no additional mail is actually sent. Of course, it never hurts to look if you actually have a stuck Read Receipt. To do this see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/deletereadreceipt.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Ou...

owstimer.exe error
email #160005 Bad response from smtp host outgoing.verizon.net 550 5.7.1 authentication required windows 2003 R2 Standard Dc server SP2 sharepoint 3.0 SP2 SQL 2005 Standard sp3 I get this message in my log when I create a task calendar etc I have alerts setup and they should email me of the updates changes additiions etc. On IIS I have SMTP installed and it works fine I have other apps using the smtp server with no issues outbound security is set for basic authenitication and I have my username and password defined This is what my ISP requires to send mail via smtp The ...

single instance YET ...
Hi, I wish to have my MDI based MFC application to be single instance. Let's assume I use the unique class name method. When my application starts, I check to see if there's already an instance running. If so, I set focus to active instance and terminate. But now I wish this: When a second instance is started with command line parameters, I wish to terminate that instance, but pass the command line parameters to the first instance (a file name, so that it can be openend as another document inside my MDI application). How do I pass this info? Is it possible to pass this via a window...

Extract data on one spreadsheet to another based on criteria
I have a list of data on one worksheet called raw_data coming from an external HR database example below: Month Site Hire Date Name Employee ID January Bedfont 01/01/2007 Andrew 000000001 January Bedfont 05/01/2007 Harry 000000002 January Hams Hall 31/01/2007 Simon 000000003 January Colworth 31/01/2007 Jenner 000000004 January Colworth 31/01/2007 Harry 000000005 February Leeds 09/02/2007 Simon 000000006 February Colworth 10/02/2007 Mavis 000000007 February Colworth 11/02/2007 Harry 000000008 February Hams Hall 12/02/2007 Jenn...

Referencing Cells in Another Worksheet
I have a worksheet with contact names and numbers and some have a combination of both. I have a Landscape and a Portrait Version. I want to be able to make changes in only one and the other would automatically update. It worked when I first created it using "=", but for some reason, when I inserted some lines and deleted others, the cells stopped working. I tried to fix, but no luck. I've also tried changing both formats to General and number and neither worked. Please help.... thank you! ...

Send a publication in e-mail
"Send a publication in e-mail" option is not available form the File menu. I currently have Office 2000, but I do have Publisher 2003?? Is not available or does not exist? "Not available" generally refers to an option that's "ghosted", meaning that the menu option is installed but is not currently a valid selection. To find out what version of Publisher you're using, click Help-->About. This works for just about every application out there. "Bill L&C" wrote: > "Send a publication in e-mail" option is not available fo...

workbook will calculate on one PC but not another
Using xl2002, I created a workbook. it contains a circular reference. i created a workbook_open procedure that appears to have eliminated the problem on my PC... Application.MaxChange = 0.001 ActiveWorkbook.PrecisionAsDisplayed. when i open the workbook on my pc it opens right up, and works. on other PCs, a message appears... "Microsoft Excel cannot calculate a formula. Cell references in the formula refer to the formula's result, creating a circular reference......." Why does the workbook work fine on my PC, and not on others? What can I do to make it work universally? Than...

Update KB 977165 is it safe yet?
I have had updates turned off since the news of the buggy BSOD causing update on Feb 9. Has MS fixed this yet? regards -- Craig News wrote: > I have had updates turned off since the news of the buggy BSOD causing > update on Feb 9. Has MS fixed this yet? The 'problem' - AFAIK anyway - turned out to be infected/infested machines. If your machine is not infested/infected, in particular with: Win32/Alureon.A http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/Threat/Encyclopedia/Entry.aspx?Name=Virus%3AWin32%2FAlureon.A More information on the ongoing i...

Sending Email under 2 different domains
Exchange 2003 Microsoft Server 2003 I have 1 main domain and added a second SMTP domain. Now every user has to SMTP addresses under their Email Addresses (AD). When sending emails from inside Outlook using the Exchange Connector, I want the user to select the address he wants to send as. How can I do that? BTW, I forgot to mention that I'm receiving emails under both domains without any problems. The problem is sending messages under the new domain and the ability to switch back and forth between both. "Jan K. van Dalen" <vandjATmarkross.com> wrote in message ...