WLM has a folder problem....

As I said before, I upgraded my wife's laptop from Vista to W7.  Now she
hates windows live mail because her folders are gone, and the folder concept
apparently does not exist.  Is Microsoft crazy?  Why change something that
works?  I guess I'll put Windows Mail on her W7 laptop - I have it on a
backup USB drive.  Unless someone can suggest how to get her old folders
with all of her hundreds of "sorted into folders and saved" emails into WLM.
TIA, Paul

0
Paul

How to Import Windows Mail Messages into Windows Live Mail
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/3798-windows-live-mail-import-windows-mail-messages.html
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

"Paul H" <NoSpamphobergNoSpam@att.net> wrote in message
> As I said before, I upgraded my wife's laptop from Vista to W7.  Now she
> hates windows live mail because her folders are gone, and the folder
> concept apparently does not exist.  Is Microsoft crazy?  Why change
> something that works?  I guess I'll put Windows Mail on her W7 laptop -
> I have it on a backup USB drive.  Unless someone can suggest how to get
> her old folders with all of her hundreds of "sorted into folders and
> saved" emails into WLM. TIA, Paul

-1
Bruce

My Documents in Folder List
I was wondering if there is a way to have a shortcut in the Folder List (perhaps under the Inbox folder) for My Documents on the file system. I am using Outlook 2000. TIA. -Steven- Beside the Folder list you can view the Outlook Bar (View | Outlook Bar) and you can drag the My Documents folder onto it. Just select the folder and drag it over onto the shortcut bar. Judy Gleeson - MVP Outlook Acorn Training and Consulting Canberra, Australia see what Outlook training can do to improve productivity: www.acorntraining.com.au/pdfdocs/ProductivITwithOutlook.pps www.acorntraining.com.a...

Publisher 2007 wizard problem
I have been using Publisher 2007 since it has been out and just recently have had a error message that comes up each time I open it. This just seemed to begin after I installed System Pack 1 for Vista Home Premium. The error message is: "Publisher cannot run this wizard. This feature is not available. To make this feature available, run Setup again, click "Add or Remove Features" and change the feature to "Run from My Computer". I have done this. I have uninstalled Publisher and still get the same message after installation. After I re-installed it, it now open...

Outlook 2003 Public folder limitations
I am trying to find a way to make public folder calendars/contacts/tasks the default calendars and contacts in for users in Outlook 2003. Does anyone have any solutions you are using to solve this for users? Thanks, David In news:4DCEBF4C-8C65-4571-8029-079CE337AFDF@microsoft.com, David Greene <DavidGreene@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I am trying to find a way to make public folder > calendars/contacts/tasks the default calendars and contacts in for > users in Outlook 2003. > > Does anyone have any solutions you are using to solve this for users? > > Th...

VERY Strange IE6 problem...
I tried upgrading IE6 to IE7, then immediately reverted back because of the stupid static button placements. Now, I have a REALLY weird issue - I type an address into IE6's address bar, hit ENTER, then my FIREFOX browser goes to the address I just typed into IE6's address bar!!! If I close Firefox and do the same thing, Firefox will open, then go to the URL I just typed into IE6's address bar. WTF, over??? Are you running WinXP SP2 or SP3? Is Internet Explorer selected as your default Browser in the CUSTOM section of Set Program Access and Computer Defaults? ...

Quotefix for WLM
Hello, Does anybody know whether somebody's working on a kind of Quote fix for WLM ? Thanks. -- Bernard Cordier Ressources STG : http://pagesperso-orange.fr/bernard.cordier/ Juliette Cordier : http://cordier.juliette.free.fr/ No, not that I know of. The original author of OE-QuoteFix seems to have abandoned it. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "Bernard Cordier" <cordier-bernard@wanamou.fr> wrote in message = news:O7MkpqS5KHA.3184@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello, > Does an...

send mail to specific folder
Is there anyway to send mail (SMTP) to exchange server mailbox and have it stored in a folder other then INBOX? Using IMAIL I can address to: mailbox-folder@?????.com None (by addressing alone). On a second thought, maybe you could do something to have your message end up in Junkmail folder... -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "morton_homisco" <morton_homisco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:344794B6-9A07-44B6-875B-F11CE8852B9E@microsoft.com... > Is there anyway to send mail (SMTP) to exchange server mailbox and have it >...

Add Link to Network Folder
I would like to add a field that the user could insert a link to the client project folder stored the file server. I tried adding url field but that requires using http: I would prefer to use file: Any insight would be greatly appriciated. Just figured this one out. Configure IIS to create a website called quotes (or whatever) on the server that points to a local folder other than wwwroot. ie c:\quotes Enable folder view to get links to documents and folders. Create a new field in CRM with the URL value and you can point to any folder or file using http://server/quotes/folder/file....

how to post data to folder other than the _private folder
The FP documentation indicates I can post the resuts of a form to a different folder - not the default _private folder. So, when I am specifying the file name in the form properties dialogue box, do I just type in the folder and file name using the following format? folder/file Will that make the csv file automatically go into the specified folder? Thank you. Yes and no. Yes the form data will be directed to that folder, but it will only be stored there if the folder and files in it have write permissions for the extensions. The _private folder has permissions that enable wri...

Problem with Gmail account
Hello, I'm trying to configure a Gmail account on Outlook 2002. The incoming pop server is OK: I can get my mail. But how can I send mail through the SMTP? I tried the automatic configuration tool as well as the manual coonfiguration and it does not work. If I try to send an e-mail, I get an error message (in French): La t�che "GMAIL - Envoi" a signal� une erreur�(0x8004210B)�: "Le d�lai imparti � l'op�ration pour obtenir la r�ponse du serveur d'�mission (SMTP) a �t� d�pass�." Which means that the connection to SMTP is over timed. So what can I do (I che...

Problem with error 53
I've got a small loop that looks for data in 1 of 4 places. If it doesn't find a valid path it should create an error 53 which should then be processed. In most cases, the path to the desired file will be invalid and Error 53 will occur. The code is this: PictureNum = 0 Check1: PictureNum = PictureNum + 1 If PictureNum = 5 Then Exit Sub On Error GoTo Error53Check If PictureNum = 1 Then FilePath = ("N:\Casefiles\" & [CASENO] & "\" & [CASENO] & "-dp0.jpg") If PictureNum = 2 Then FilePath = ("N:\Casefiles\"...

formatting problem when printing entire workbook
Hi Everybody. I hope somebody can help me. I have a workbook with 6 sheets. When I print each sheet separately everything is fine. When I try to print entire workbook one of the pages is printed with very small font. Same if I just look into print preview. Separate, they apear fine - together that one page gets much smaller. Thanks for help Barbara ...

junk email folder
In Microsoft Outlook Help, it says "Outlook creates a folder called Junk Mail where you can move junk email and then review it before deleting it." But I can't find how to create this folder. Do I just make a new folder and name it junk email, or is there a function that automatically creates the folder? "jsherman" <jsherman@co.marin.ca.us> wrote in message news:0b7a01c361c0$4d377100$a001280a@phx.gbl > In Microsoft Outlook Help, it says "Outlook creates a > folder called Junk Mail where you can move junk email and > then review it before dele...

Spam is a big big problem
Spam is a big big problem ...

mdbdata folder
Hi fellow system administrators, webmaster whatever.. The c:\ (& obviously m:\) on our sb server is running out of space... what's the go with the C:\Program Files\exchsrvr\mdbdata folder??? i noticed that on our server it's taking up a good 6 gigs of space... Is there any danger in deleting this folder??? Any other suggestions??? I've gotten my users to clean up there mailboxes, this has helped a bit... I've ran disk cleanup... is there anywhere else i can get some space from??? Any help would be appreciated!!! Thanks... Sorry I meant the contents of the folder mentioned....

Problem with _UNICODE macro
Hi all. I have a MFC programme. There are many funtions that like AfxMessageBox, CString.Format... At the original I compile it in MBCS mode so there is no problem but when I change to compile it in UNICODE mode I have to add "L" before any constant string. Is there any other way that I can compile my program but I don't have to add "L" before constant string? Please help me. Look up "Using Generic-Text Mappings" on MSDN -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] http://www.voidnish.com http://blog.voidnish.com "Binh Nguyen Van" <binhnv@newcenturys...

WLM Stationery
I sent an email to a friend with Windows Vista using one of the stationaries(Southwest). when she opened it there was text only-no stationery. Why?? Check your Sent items? If the message is html, then she is probably has Tools, Options, Read, 'Read all messages in plain text' checked. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP-Mail "Jerry & Carol Schull" <jschull10@embarqmail.com> wrote in message news:65CD171C-9BA5-48BE-89F4-8C6EB0EB8251@microsoft.com... > I sent an email to a friend with Windows Vista using one of the > stationaries(Southwest). when she op...

Offline folders #3
Hi, Even though I have set my mail account to work offline, I don't see the option "Make this folder available offline" option when I go to Tools, Send/Receive setting. Can anyone help? Thanks, Annie. >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >Even though I have set my mail account to work offline, I >don't see the option "Make this folder available offline" >option when I go to Tools, Send/Receive setting. > >Can anyone help? > >Thanks, >Annie. >. >It you are using Outlook 98 or 2000 those settings are under the services s...

How do I creater an alert that sends me a message everytime the "BadMail" folder reaches a certain size???
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C4755E.5FDCFBB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Exchange Admains: I recently discovered how detrimental NDRs can be when they pile-up = within the BadMail folder unattended. The Exchange Server can bog down = illiciting angry responses from users. BadMail is located in D:\Program = Files\exchsrvr\Mailroot\vsi 1. In my effort at being proactive, I'd like Windows to send me an alert = everytime this folder reaches 50MBs in size. However, I haven...

Folders list
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Folders list has to be re-opened manually on startup from the Views menu every time. This problem is identical to one discussed in a string that ended last May without a solution. This started happening on both my computer - a new iMac - and on my wife's, a Macbook purchased last May. (The problem showed up first on hers; mine started a few weeks later.) Both computers are running Snow Leopard. Has anyone figured this out? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------------...

Problem following a link #2
Thanks yet again Dave, problem solved -- ahartroyal ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ahartroyals's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1576 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27320 ...

OUTRET.MSI folder
I have office XP standard for students and teachers which includes outlook. Outlook was installed years ago using these disks. Now I'm trying to import a comma delimited file to outlook using the import/export wizard. When I select import from "comma separated values" I receive a message that the feature is not currently installed. When I say to install it I get the outlook translator starts and asks for the Microsoft Outlook 2002 disc. Microsoft is looking for the installation package OUTRET.MSI but this folder is not on any of the 3 disks in the set. What do ...

outlook 2000 strange folder happenings!
Hi- All the folders in the mailbox, calendar-tasks, are showing a blue + sign to the left of the folder icon. Does anyone know what this means. Thanks! Have you tried clicking the plus sign? It's most likely showing you there are subfolders underneath that folder. Clicking the plus sign will expand the folder to show any subfolders. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:d86101c3ef46$bcfb7090$a601280a@phx.gbl, joyce wrote: > Hi- > All t...

WLM desktop client printing problems
I have the WLM desktoop client installed on a Windows 7 64 bit machine. Recently, when I print an email, I only get the header and not the body of the message. I've tried the same e-mails using WLM on a 32 bit machine and it prints fine. This use to work on this machine and stopped. Did it function on the 64 bit machine before or after WLM was installed ? -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "Airborne101" <Airborne101@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C85859E-D6AC-4926-A8D5-8C67866F3F40@microsoft.com... > I have the WLM desktoop client instal...

EWS: Calendar categories lost reviewing Exchange Public Folder Calendar
Title says it all. I've created a calendar in Outlook 2007 (SBS 2008/Exchange 2007). It's in a "favorite" Public Folder so that it's reviewable by all logged in domain users and editable by two of us. Making it a favorite Public Folder calendar is what made it available to to users logging in over Outlook Web Access. However, on my Mac, none of the category attributes for appointments/events are retained by the entries. The curious thing is that the categories themselves DID make it to the Mac when I created a personal calendar that I shared with other Outlook ...

Folder not found
I have a new pc. It came with Office 2003 trial installed, and I have Office XP already. I removed Office 03, and installed Office XP... and Outlook won't run properly. When I start Outlook I get a message 'Unable to open specified folder. Do you want to open system folder?' I tried uninstalling Outlook XP, and reinstalling; uninstalling Office XP and reinstalling, and still have Outlook giving same message. I searched the knowledge base using the message and got references to Outlook 97 and Exchange server (that didn't apply); how can I resolve? This is a home pc, without exc...