Windows Vista - Windows Mail

Not sure whats going on, but when I opened Windows Mail this afternoon I decided not to send any emails and generates the message :- The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test 1', Account: 'pop.123-reg.co.uk', Server: 'smtp.123-reg.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

I had this a few weeks ago and on going into account properties and clicking on and off the various Connection tick boxes, the problem cleared.  However this time there is no change.     Any Ideas ??

License ASP.NET Applications - Desaware vs Microsoft SLP
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/d7bad06f-dc88-4254-98ef-45699c35efd9/license-aspnet-applicati.aspx
0
Nigel

Slight typo...should read It decided not to send emails....lol

Nigel T. Brown wrote:

Windows Vista - Windows Mail
03-Jan-10

Not sure whats going on, but when I opened Windows Mail this afternoon I decided not to send any emails and generates the message :- The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test 1', Account: 'pop.123-reg.co.uk', Server: 'smtp.123-reg.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

I had this a few weeks ago and on going into account properties and clicking on and off the various Connection tick boxes, the problem cleared.  However this time there is no change.     Any Ideas ??

Dynamic Display of Uploaded Content in ASP.NET 2.0 MasterPages
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/578d39f4-63bd-4fb9-b633-5f4877ffef68/dynamic-display-of-upload.aspx
0
Nigel
1/3/2010 6:01:35 PM
i wrote avery important email i click send ,windows live freezes error
haveto close and puf my email gone whats wrong with microsft issue
fterissue thisisbecoing asecond job ive had enough i need that email
Help me guys

--
love2x2
love2x2's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/170333.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

0
love2x2
1/3/2010 7:25:15 PM
Another useless techarena post. Please post again but this time in a coherent way.

--
Peter

"love2x2" <love2x2.448c7d@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> i wrote avery important email i click send ,windows live freezes error
> haveto close and puf my email gone whats wrong with microsft issue
> fterissue thisisbecoing asecond job ive had enough i need that email
> Help me guys
>

> --
> love2x2
> love2x2's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/170333.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-vista-mail/1289028.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

0
Peter
1/3/2010 9:37:45 PM
Please copy and paste the error message for proper analysis - and don't try
to text message it from your phone (can't decipher all that
miscommunication).  But apparently you can't send and are receiving an error
message - so post that.

"love2x2" <love2x2.448c7d@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> i wrote avery important email i click send ,windows live freezes error
> haveto close and puf my email gone whats wrong with microsft issue
> fterissue thisisbecoing asecond job ive had enough i need that email
> Help me guys
>

> --
> love2x2
> love2x2's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/170333.htm
> View this thread:
> http://forums.techarena.in/windows-vista-mail/1289028.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

0
slk759
1/4/2010 1:42:09 AM
123-reg.co.uk is a web hosting provider, not an ISP. As such, your home
ISP will block your use of any port 25 SMTP server other than their own. =

For an explanation of this anti-spamming policy, see
http://www.postcastserver.com/help/Port_25_Blocking.aspx

To send from home, you will have to substitute your home ISP's
SMTP server.  If you need help with that, let us know who your
home ISP is.
=20
--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Nigel T. Brown" wrote in message news:201013125856nigel@ntb.ltd.uk...
> Not sure whats going on, but when I opened Windows Mail this afternoon =
I decided not to send any emails and generates the message :- The =
connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test 1', Account: =
'pop.123-reg.co.uk', Server: 'smtp.123-reg.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Port: =
25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
>=20
> I had this a few weeks ago and on going into account properties and =
clicking on and off the various Connection tick boxes, the problem =
cleared.  However this time there is no change.     Any Ideas ??
>=20
>=20
> Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice=20
> License ASP.NET Applications - Desaware vs Microsoft SLP
> =
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/d7bad06f-dc88-4254-98ef-45699=
c35efd9/license-aspnet-applicati.aspx
0
Gary
1/4/2010 1:49:22 AM
I have no idea what you are trying to say. Please use standard English
and enable your spell check.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"love2x2" <love2x2.448c7d@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message =
>=20
> i wrote avery important email i click send ,windows live freezes error
> haveto close and puf my email gone whats wrong with microsft issue
> fterissue thisisbecoing asecond job ive had enough i need that email
> Help me guys
>=20
>=20
> --=20
> love2x2
> =
> love2x2's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/170333.htm
> View this thread: =
http://forums.techarena.in/windows-vista-mail/1289028.htm
>=20
> http://forums.techarena.in

0
Gary
1/4/2010 1:50:55 AM
That might not always be true. I send and receive email using the server
"mail.simplesamples.info" (for my domain name) for SMTP and POP3 yet I have
Verizon FiOS as my ISP. I have been doing that for nearly a year since
getting FiOS.

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message
123-reg.co.uk is a web hosting provider, not an ISP. As such, your home
ISP will block your use of any port 25 SMTP server other than their own.
For an explanation of this anti-spamming policy, see
http://www.postcastserver.com/help/Port_25_Blocking.aspx

To send from home, you will have to substitute your home ISP's
SMTP server.  If you need help with that, let us know who your
home ISP is.

--
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Nigel T. Brown" wrote in message news:201013125856nigel@ntb.ltd.uk...
> Not sure whats going on, but when I opened Windows Mail this afternoon I
> decided not to send any emails and generates the message :- The connection
> to the server has failed. Subject 'test 1', Account: 'pop.123-reg.co.uk',
> Server: 'smtp.123-reg.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No,
> Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
>
> I had this a few weeks ago and on going into account properties and
> clicking on and off the various Connection tick boxes, the problem
> cleared.  However this time there is no change.     Any Ideas ??

> License ASP.NET Applications - Desaware vs Microsoft SLP
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/d7bad06f-dc88-4254-98ef-45699c35efd9/license-aspnet-applicati.aspx

0
Sam
1/4/2010 7:04:07 PM
Correct, not all ISPs have implemented port 25 blocking yet, although
the day is coming soon that such will be the case.

"Sam Hobbs" <Gateremovethis@SamHobbs.org> wrote in message =
> That might not always be true. I send and receive email using the =
server=20
> "mail.simplesamples.info" (for my domain name) for SMTP and POP3 yet I =
have=20
> Verizon FiOS as my ISP. I have been doing that for nearly a year since =

> getting FiOS.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> "Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" <gary@NoMail.invalid> wrote in message=20
> 123-reg.co.uk is a web hosting provider, not an ISP. As such, your =
home
> ISP will block your use of any port 25 SMTP server other than their =
own.
> For an explanation of this anti-spamming policy, see
> http://www.postcastserver.com/help/Port_25_Blocking.aspx
>=20
> To send from home, you will have to substitute your home ISP's
> SMTP server.  If you need help with that, let us know who your
> home ISP is.
>=20
> --=20
> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen
>=20
>=20
> "Nigel T. Brown" wrote in message news:201013125856nigel@ntb.ltd.uk...
>> Not sure whats going on, but when I opened Windows Mail this =
afternoon I=20
>> decided not to send any emails and generates the message :- The =
connection=20
>> to the server has failed. Subject 'test 1', Account: =
'pop.123-reg.co.uk',=20
>> Server: 'smtp.123-reg.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): =
No,=20
>> Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E
>>
>> I had this a few weeks ago and on going into account properties and=20
>> clicking on and off the various Connection tick boxes, the problem=20
>> cleared.  However this time there is no change.     Any Ideas ??
>>

>> Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
>> License ASP.NET Applications - Desaware vs Microsoft SLP
>> =
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/d7bad06f-dc88-4254-98ef-45699=
c35efd9/license-aspnet-applicati.aspx=20

0
Gary

Any File\Send To\Mail Reciepient feature doesn't work
I have WinXP w/Outlook 2003. When I right click a file and choose Send To\Mail Recipient, the feature does not work. I have got it to work one time by going to Control Panels\Add Remove Programs\Set Program Access and Defaults. There I select Microsoft Windows, (instead of Custom), restart the computer and I can then send to mail recipient, but only one time. After that I get the Error message, Microsoft Office Outlook, The operation failed. This feature works when I select Outlook Express as my default Email client in Internet options. Please can someone help! Thanks in advance. Gregg "...

Shell.UI and vista Unable to determine XP theme error message
I'm opening a .net project that loads Microsoft.Dexterity.Shell.UI in order to make the app inherit the dexterity colors. When I open this project on an XP machine, it works fine. When I open the same project on vista and open the designer, I get the following message : System.InvalidOperationException: Unable to determine XP theme. GetCurrentThemeName returned C:\Windows\resources\themes\Aero \Aero.msstyles for the theme name. at Microsoft.Dexterity.Shell.UI.LibWrapper.GetThemeName() Fair enough, it doesn't understand aero themes. :) Is there an easy workaround or am I stuck having ...

Uninstalling PowerShell in Vista Home to upgrade to Vista Ultimate
I have Vista Home on a Dell studio laptop. I have just reinstalled this after a HD replacement. I am trying to upgrade to Vista Ultimate. A Compatibility check during the start of the upgrade says to uninstall Windows PowerShell. I went to the microsoft support site for guidance. I am unable to see PowerShell or its KB in the list of installed updates as the guidance said I should see. Hence, I am unable to select it to uninstall. The list of installed updates only says "Update for Microsoft Windows" or "Hotfix for Microsoft Windows." How can I get it to show ...

How to stop inbound mail sent from invalid domains
I'm aware of senderID in Exch2003 SP2. I'm also aware that this does not solve my problem. We are getting hammered with spam...sent from fnord. Example: FROM: sdlkfjsd@udududud.tuuuu TO: ValidUser@MyCompany.com I understand that senderID is used to stop forgery (if the world+dog added SFP info to DNS zone and they have not yet) but SenderID goes above and beyond what I'm looking for...I'm asking for something more basic. How to I get exchange to drop email sent such that the server email address's domain is totally bogus? (Forget SPF records...the domain does not eve...

Organising mails
I am trying to organise mails in outlook such that messages sent to me but not replied are shown up in a seperate color. I am able to set mails to me to be dispalyed in a different color (Tools --> Organise --> Using Colors) but am unable to set both "replied" & "mails to me" condition. Not sure if you can check the reply status of a mail item "attaboy" <attaboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16E41417-D234-4C19-A1B2-7C0E13598C15@microsoft.com... >I am trying to organise mails in outlook such that messages sent to me but...

filtering a mailing list
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do you filter a mailing list by zip code? Autofilter. If you can't be bothered to type a detailed question, we can't be bothered to type a detailed answer :-) On 7/03/10 12:23 PM, in article 59bb412f.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "tcmetrock@officeformac.com" <tcmetrock@officeformac.com> wrote: > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do you filter a mailing list by > zip code? This email is my business email -- Please do not email me about forum matters unless you intend to pay! -- J...

determine mail flow problem!!!!!!!!
Help! :-( Our mailflow from 2 backend 2003 exchange servers keeps queuing up in the outbound queue (which is set to always run delivery). Messages stay in there from 10 to 120 minutes before being sent to our gateway MTA and then sent off site (to hotmail.com for example). However when I telnet from a backend server to the gateway over port 25 and send a test message it goes right away. I can't for the life of me figure out why. One example when viewed in message tracking history says: 10:16am - smtp: store driver, message submitted from store 10:16am - smtp: message submitted to ...

Problem with outgoing mail
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'sukotto51@hotmail.com'. Subject 'Divided+Microwave+Plates+With+Lids+from+Collections+Etc.', Account: 'Windows Mail', Server: 'plus.smtp.m...

Secret Mail box
How can I create a second secret mail box in outlook That's password protected? What version and for what purpose? Not being nosy but your answer to the latter question may provide a better and easier solution. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Paul asked: | How can I create a second secret mail box in outlook That's password | protected? ...

Font in Mail Body
It is possible to make Arial the default font (body) when creating an new mail? In standard it is Verdana and you have to change it manually every time... I'm having the same problem/question. Would like to know if there is a solution for this one! Jan "Thomas T." wrote: > It is possible to make Arial the default font (body) when creating an new > mail? In standard it is Verdana and you have to change it manually every > time... ...

Mail Merge incomplete
I'm new to Word/Excel 2003. When I create a mail merge from an excel document, it is only importing one full page of labels instead of creating multiple pages for all addresses in the excel list. Why? David McRitchie has instruction on his web site http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm Regards Peo Sjoblom "cneisen" wrote: > I'm new to Word/Excel 2003. When I create a mail merge from an excel > document, it is only importing one full page of labels instead of creating > multiple pages for all addresses in the excel list. > > Why? For...

OL2000
i was running OL2000. on installing it was Internet only configured. as i am on a workgroup we change it and in tools/services added "microsoft mail" to attach to our "internal mail". Now i have installed OL2003 and seem to be stuck in "Internet mail only". dose OL2003 have "Microsoft Mial"? help as i can not get any internal mail and no one seems to be able to help. Thanks, Microsoft mail is old and unsupported. Outlook 2003 does not have modes. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due...

export mail settings
OL 02/03 has an "import mail settings", but not an export mail settings. How can I easily move several profiles, each with multiple e-mail accounts, from old computer to new computer? thx LT If using winxp the import/export settings wizard 'might' help Otherwise using OE you can import mail settings, then export to a file, which can in turn be imported to OL. Doesnt I believe help with Profiles though. "LT" <lorentheodore@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:9POdnax8quEJGDDenZ2dnUVZ_vidnZ2d@comcast.com... > OL 02/03 has an "import mail settings&qu...

Ann innovative shopping mail easily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We have lot of social networking websites like Twitter, Orkut. But I searched for a good site for shopping through social networking. I found this website . http://www.shoppingreps.com?SourceId=3D1249 very cool and interesting. I search for a washing machine, their inventory is very bad I can=92t find. I found an innovation they allowed the customers to add any goods to their inventory and register for them. I added my item and registered for that. The site says they will check if my item is available in the market. If it is available they will approve my new inventory and my group ...

Exch 2000, restrict external mail for selection of users
hi, I have an exchange 2000 SP2, some users in the production enviroment need internal mail but are not allowed to send or receive external mail. Someone know how this is to be configured. thanks in advance, Wim. read this http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF009.html ...

mail boxes per edb file and archive management questions
Hi... 1. How large can an edb file get and how many mail boxes can one hold? 2. I read somewhere that exchange can have a max of 4 edb files? 3. What are the best practises when an edb file reaches maximum size... how do you move messages in the edb file to the archive storage? /D This is dependent on the version of Exchange you are running. For example: Exch 2K3 Std Edition has a 75GB limit per edb/stm (the Exchange data store is made up of an .edb and .stm file) Exch 2K3 Ent Edition has no practical limit. How large you should allow your data store to become depends really on your ...

Error sending mail out of CRM
Hi, just wondering if anybody have seen this error and knows a fix for it. It seems to be every morning I have to delete all the SMTP settings from the registery editor and put them back in. I have also setup the lcoal SMTP service with details about our 2003 exchange server to send emails outbound. All inbound emails appear to be working even when the outbound aren't. Users are getting the following error message when they try to send an email out. Anybody's help with this would be appreciated. Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Server Error in '/' Application. -----...

Search Folders missing mail
If I create a Search Folder using "mail from people and lists" it doesn't find any of my mail in Deleted Items. Any ideas why? I'm using Outlook 2003 with Exchange 5.5. Thanks Andy Andy Krafft <andy.krafft@xtranet.co.uk> wrote: > If I create a Search Folder using "mail from people and lists" it > doesn't find any of my mail in Deleted Items. Not even if you create a custom search folder? Works for me. I just tried it. New>Search Folder>Custom Search Folder. Make sure you include the "Deleted Items" folder. -- Brian Tillman ...

can not mount mail box store
Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: MAPI Session Event ID: 9175 Date: 10/13/2005 Time: 6:24:03 PM User: N/A Computer: exchangeserver Description: The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error: The attempt to log on to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer has failed. The MAPI provider failed. Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store ID no: 8004011d-0512-00000000 For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. Microsoft knowledgebase claims this is a folders rights issue I think there is an issue with the local system accounts ri...

Mail merged but won't send to outlook
Hi, I prepared a one paged letter and merged it with a test list of 8 people. I have no problems with the design etc. When I try to send it or click preview I get a message saying the disk is full and Publisher cannot save into file. I have no idea what it means since I'm not asking it to save anything and I have a lot of free GBs on my disk. Please help. What version Publisher? Are you trying to send the letter as a message? Help here Answer Box: Use e-mail contacts in Publisher mail merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HA011187801033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://o...

can't receive mail sent in HTML from XP to 2000
One of our user's is using Office XP, which sends e-mail in HTML format by default. The rest of his staff use Office 2000. When he sends e-mail to them in HTML format, they get a blank e-mail. We have switched his default send option to Oulook Rich text, but would like to find out why the HTML option does not work. Anyone had this happen? John, On the Office 2000 machines please make sure Outlook 2000 is at SP-3 and Internet Explorer is at 6.0 SP1. Thanks, -- Greg Mansius [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Joh...

Send to mail recipient
When I right click on a file and go to send to, mail recipient, Windows Installer opens up and then it comes up "Either there is no defaul mail client, or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Outlook is my default, I have checked all setting and I have tried reinstalling, etc. Any suggestions? I sure do need this feature. Thanks! Is Outlook open when you try this? Try it with Outlook open. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to ...

Can i use money 98 at Vista ??
anyone got indea of this? cause i found that the 98 can't run in the Vista!! What's the exact problem you see? Have you tried running it in compatibility mode? -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org See http://money.mvps.org/faq/default.aspx for tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money "JJ" <j@J.com> wrote in message news:O0MJWb2yHHA.1208@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > anyone got indea of this? > cause i found that the...

Screen Font suddenly tiny after last update
After the last auto update a few weeks ago my Outlook 2007 started displaying the body text as small as dots when composing new or forwarded emails and comments in calendar items. In order to read them I must select and increase font size to at least 72, and then return it to 11 (unrecognisable) before I send. When these emails are received they appear normal size (unless I forget to set it back to 11 from 72 !!) Messages in my inbox appear normal. I thought I would wait for a quick fix as I was certain the problem was not mine alone, but so far nothing. I have just today gone i...

Remove Mail GUID
I am trying to remove the GUID from my outgoing CRM 1.2 emails. When we recently migrated our installation to hardware the Exchange Mail Enabled flag was set. The GUIDs started being included. We removed the Exchange flag thinking this would stop the GUID's but it did not. We rebooted all of the involved systems (DC's, Exchange, CRM, SQL Server) but still we have GUIDs. With CRM 1.2 is there something else to change to turn off the GUIDs? Thanks, George Vessels HelloFollowing steps to remove the GUID:1. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRM. 2. Find the regi...