Windows Mail Drops 1st 2 letters of Reply-To Address

About a month ago, Windows mail started dropping the 1st 2 letters of
the reply-to email address for all of my Yahoo contacts...I deleted the
contacts from my list and reentered them...it still does it.  I can send
a new email to these people just fine...but cannot use the "reply to"
feature.  Any ideas?

--
christinewv
0

"christinewv" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> About a month ago, Windows mail started dropping the 1st 2 letters of
> the reply-to email address for all of my Yahoo contacts...I deleted the
> contacts from my list and reentered them...it still does it.  I can send
> a new email to these people just fine...but cannot use the "reply to"
> feature.  Any ideas?

Please copy and paste the complete error message that is generated when a
reply to mail fails.

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

0
mac
1/3/2010 12:11:02 PM
Here is the message in the Delivery Failure email that I get back....the
real email address has two more initials before the "f989901" that keeps
getting cut off when I click "reply to"...

The following message to
(_**REMOVED**@yahoo.com (\"**REMOVED**@yahoo.com\")_) was
undeliverable.
The reason for the problem:
5.1.0 - Unknown address error 554-"delivery error: dd This user doesn't
have a yahoo.com account (**REMOVED**@yahoo.com) [0] -
mta162.mail.sp2.yahoo.com"

--
christinewv
0

--
christinewv
0
christinewv
1/4/2010 2:39:57 AM
Perhaps you can copy / paste the email part up to the @ symbol?  We may not
be getting enough info here to determine if in fact the email address is
valid.  If you copy / paste that part separately, we can put the 2 and 2
together.  (Just don't post the entire email address string so spam robots
won't detect it.)  But if, for example, it is     xx.f989901@ that would be
more meaningful.  There is possibly an illegal character in that part that
we aren't picking up on with the info you have provided.  And worse,, there
could be a "space" in there we can't see such as
    " xx.f989901 @"  (note I included a "space" in front of those 2 xx's, a
"." after them, and a "space" before the @ to illustrate possible illegal
characters).

> Sorry for that posting....in place of the **removed** it supposed to be
> "f989901"
>

> --
> christinewv

0
slk759
1/4/2010 5:14:04 AM
Sorry - I must have been slightly confusing in my original post...the
email address is valid and I use it frequently - it is laf989901 at
yahoo dot com.  However, when I use the "reply to" feature, it drops the
"la" and only lists f989901 at yahoo dot com.  It only does this on this
account.  She is in my contact list correctly and if I just create a new
email, it works just fine.  It is only when I use "reply to".  All other
email addresses work correctly when I use "reply to".  It does NOT drop
the first two letters for anybody else.

--
christinewv
0

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Mail\Recently Used Addresses]

I have no idea if it will work, but it can't hurt.

***

"christinewv" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> About a month ago, Windows mail started dropping the 1st 2 letters of
> the reply-to email address for all of my Yahoo contacts...I deleted the
> contacts from my list and reentered them...it still does it.  I can send
> a new email to these people just fine...but cannot use the "reply to"
> feature.  Any ideas?
>

> --
> christinewv

0
DaveD
1/4/2010 2:50:43 PM

> Sorry - I must have been slightly confusing in my original post...the
> email address is valid and I use it frequently - it is laf989901 at
> yahoo dot com.  However, when I use the "reply to" feature, it drops the
> "la" and only lists f989901 at yahoo dot com.  It only does this on this
> account.  She is in my contact list correctly and if I just create a new
> email, it works just fine.  It is only when I use "reply to".  All other
> email addresses work correctly when I use "reply to".  It does NOT drop
> the first two letters for anybody else.
>

> --
> christinewv

This problem I would suggest is caused by your correspondent, ask them to to
go to tools>accounts>select the account laf989901 at yahoo dot
com>properties>General tab, have them ensure that they entered their email
address correctly, and to remove any content from the "reply address" line,
this I am thinking is where the problem address has been entered f989901 at
yahoo dot com.

You can check first by:

If you select an incoming message from them and then use Ctrl+F3 to show the
message headers, look for a "reply-to" line to see if it shows up, with the
missing letters la?

You said in your first post that it affected all yahoo addresses, later you
tell us it is only the one discussed above?

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

0
mac
1/4/2010 6:39:58 PM
She might have her account set up such that it sets the reply-to header
incorrectly. When looking at one of the messages from her, press Ctrl-F3 and
that will show the raw message with all the headers at the top. The headers
will have data names followed by a colon (":") followed by the value of the
data. Look for a line beginning with "Reply-To:" (or something very similar;
I forget the actual syntax). If you see that and the email address is
incorrect there, then you know she needs to fix it in her system. Note that
the headers end with a blank line, so you don't need to look below the first
blank line.

"christinewv" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Sorry - I must have been slightly confusing in my original post...the
> email address is valid and I use it frequently - it is laf989901 at
> yahoo dot com.  However, when I use the "reply to" feature, it drops the
> "la" and only lists f989901 at yahoo dot com.  It only does this on this
> account.  She is in my contact list correctly and if I just create a new
> email, it works just fine.  It is only when I use "reply to".  All other
> email addresses work correctly when I use "reply to".  It does NOT drop
> the first two letters for anybody else.
>

> --
> christinewv

0
Sam
1/4/2010 6:53:01 PM
Thank you Sam - you hit the nail on the head...here is what shows up
when I hit Ctl + F3 (I altered it a bit so it would come thru - at in
place of the symbol and dot in place of a period):

Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 19:37:00 -0800 (PST)
From: Lori Fisher <'laf989901atyahoodotcom' (laf989901@yahoo.com)>
Subject: Re:

Now, the question is...why isn't anybody else having the same problem
with her...others can use the "reply to" feature and it works...and how
does she fix it for me?  Is this just a problem with Vista Mail?

Thanks so much for your help.

--
christinewv
0

*Mail page>>options>>mail options>>and the "general" page opens.
Near the top of that page----erase "anything" entered on the "reply to"
line---AND, leave it blank. Then click "save changes" at the top of the
page.
That will allow all replies to be delivered to YOUR email account.
Just in case you're using the "All New Mail".
Mail page>>options>>mail options>>accounts (side panel)>>add/edit an
account>>Yahoo mail (side panel)>>edit>>general preferences----and
change it and save it.*

--
christinewv
0

> I found another person who had the same problem with Yahoo and how they
> fixed it...I am sending the info to my friend to see if it
> works....thanks again...fix is shown below for the Yahoo email page:
>
> *Mail page>>options>>mail options>>and the "general" page opens.
> Near the top of that page----erase "anything" entered on the "reply to"
> line---AND, leave it blank. Then click "save changes" at the top of the
> page.
> That will allow all replies to be delivered to YOUR email account.
> Just in case you're using the "All New Mail".
> Mail page>>options>>mail options>>accounts (side panel)>>add/edit an
> account>>Yahoo mail (side panel)>>edit>>general preferences----and
> change it and save it.*

The problem is not on the Yahoo main page, it is in WM, check my post on
this subject for the correct path to remove the reply-to address. You should
find it posted about 20 minutes prior to a similar post from Sam Hobbs, that
you responded to.

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

0
mac
1/5/2010 2:16:43 PM
Steve I believe you are right because she did as directed and it still
drops the first two letters...however, all I can see in your original
post is this:

Please copy and paste the complete error message that is generated when
reply to mail fails.

I cannot find another post from you with directions to change things in
WM....

--
christinewv
0

> Steve I believe you are right because she did as directed and it still
> drops the first two letters...however, all I can see in your original
> post is this:
>
> Please copy and paste the complete error message that is generated when
> reply to mail fails.
>
> I cannot find another post from you with directions to change things in
> WM....

This is what I posted:

"christinewv" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Sorry - I must have been slightly confusing in my original post...the
> email address is valid and I use it frequently - it is laf989901 at
> yahoo dot com.  However, when I use the "reply to" feature, it drops the
> "la" and only lists f989901 at yahoo dot com.  It only does this on this
> account.  She is in my contact list correctly and if I just create a new
> email, it works just fine.  It is only when I use "reply to".  All other
> email addresses work correctly when I use "reply to".  It does NOT drop
> the first two letters for anybody else.
>

> --
> christinewv

This problem I would suggest is caused by your correspondent, ask them to to
go to tools>accounts>select the account laf989901 at yahoo dot
com>properties>General tab, have them ensure that they entered their email
address correctly, and to remove any content from the "reply address" line,
this I am thinking is where the problem address has been entered f989901 at
yahoo dot com.

You can check first by:

If you select an incoming message from them and then use Ctrl+F3 to show the
message headers, look for a "reply-to" line to see if it shows up, with the
missing letters la?

You said in your first post that it affected all yahoo addresses, later you
tell us it is only the one discussed above?

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.
http://www.getsafeonline.org/

0
mac
1/5/2010 3:29:47 PM
Steve,
Thank you...not sure why I couldn't see that post...but anyway...she
does not use Windows Mail or Outlook Express...she simply goes to the
Yahoo home page and logs in to send/receive email.  Now I am not sure.
Yes, originally I thought I was having the problem with 3 Yahoo email
addresses...but it turns out the other two were simply "disabled" due to
inactivity.
She is changing her yahoo email address...I will see what happens when
she sends me one from her new account.
I appreciate all of your help.
Christine

I did Ctl + F3 on her latest email and here is what I get...as you can
see...the return path (first line) is correct...but the reply-to is not:

s=s1024; t=1262705895; bh=je1mpjwXgpruhKkJPiT0aisM1V4CUSoNuBDRHijWG+A=;
h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type;
b=df0PQVuQjHowzG1uOyPe0l/0P5vhySgM/kriTNLWCAZd9xX2spaxH3mxpN22XxO5TWD47XuFuRogi5sAcoVdmnOP9ooK5YVD1cq2n7P36Uv+2dHMMrL7V5fZiZgWLRhlJgsJReP9OMf8WEo0cHpMZ1FGm+D4hmNueIAMpXtw/fs=
DomainKey-Signature:a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws;
s=s1024; d=yahoo.com;

h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Reply-To:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type;

b=fJq+4AmkLSWJcWGAj6tkPcJsbMoxbMX5TIwT5h2SVaHJZYeDSlbazvbNWu7etqql/1OUBiVkefLs5wBJ6W6R1iBlt/iQcc9wot9U+8kw33r5/yyvENRII3HLHBfM5sUl6xp/iJElDuhnhQ7ottJ73siu7EtzGjObWwLyr0SmisQ=;
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 07:38:15 -0800 (PST)
From: Lori Fisher <laf989901@yahoo.com>
Subject: changing my email
To:   Christine Mitchell <mcmitchell@frontiernet.net>,

--0-1130451481-1262705895=:25833

Hello,
I am changing my email address to lafisher18@yahoo.com so please use
that one from now on. thanks! Lori

--0-1130451481-1262705895=:25833

style="font: inherit;"><DIV>Hello,</DIV>
<DIV>I am changing my email address to <A
href="mailto:lafisher18@yahoo.com">lafisher18@yahoo.com</A> so please

--0-1130451481-1262705895=:25833--

--
christinewv
0
christinewv

how to show a tool tip for a CEdit control #2
Hi, I have derived a class from CEdit class in which user can enter only hexadeceimal characters (i.e. 0-9, A-F(a-f) X(x). I want to display a tooltip if user enters any other character than a hex character. Can anyone tell me how can I do this? Regards, Bhavik hi use CToolTipCtrl class naren "BNP" wrote: > Hi, > > I have derived a class from CEdit class in which user can enter only > hexadeceimal characters (i.e. 0-9, A-F(a-f) X(x). I want to display a > tooltip if user enters any other character than a hex character. > > Can anyone tell me how can I...

reinstalling windows

Windows live mail

Windows Vista

Fiscal Year Settings #2
My company has two business units operating on two different fiscal years. Can I tie FY settings individually to each unit? If not, how do I handle it? Thanks for any advice. I would be curious to see how you resolve this, however the FY settings are organizational in nature. A better approach might be to go with CRM 4.0 and instead of BU's, use Organizations (where you can set the FY per Org). If you need to share data across Orgs, then you might want to consider a replication scheme. This is not elegant unfortunately.... -- Fortis www.webfortis.com "NancyR" wrote:...

open windows

Windows pdate Status: Failed

CRM 1.2 on SBS 2003: External Error. No Such Object on Server
Users cannot get to CRM via WEB. They would get error box: No Such Object on Server. I got this from Event Viewer: MSCRM Platform Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: There is no such object on the server. Error Message: There is no such object on the server. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Source File: Not available Line Number: Not available Stack Trace Info: at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()...

One column with different widths #2
I want to make Column A with rows 1-29 one width and rows 30 and above another width. How do I do this please? -- Calpitor Calpitor, I think that this can only be done by merging two columns in the case of the rows from 30 onward (This also assumes that the width of these rows is greater than the rows 1-29) Set rows 1-29 to the width you require - if you don't know how to do this then you will need to place the cursor between the column headers where it says A (co,lumn line) B. The cursor will change to a double headed arrow and you can change the column width by dragging the cursor...

MO receipt entry #2
Hi, I am receiving FG through MO receipt entry as well i have entered actual labou hours through data collection. what my problem is when i receive partila FG i want to allocate my labor cost to that receipt, but the button 'Labor/Machine' is set as inactive and i am not getting the way to do. I desperately lookin for help. Satya Hi Satya The Labor\Machine button is only available for actual cost items. I assume you are using a standard cost method FIFO Periodic or LIFO Periodic. When you recieve an item to stock, you should be "charging" labor based upon the item...

Outlook Mail not working with Windows 7

Windows Explorer doesn't show keywords

Receiving multiple copies of same mail
Can someone tell me why I would be receiving multiple copies of certain emails. Thanks in advance for your suggestions. Dave Dave, I dont know. However I have just posted more or less the same question. Lets keep in touch if either of us get a useful reply James >-----Original Message----- >Can someone tell me why I would be receiving multiple copies of certain >emails. > >Thanks in advance for your suggestions. > >Dave > > >. > Have you tried choosing the File option from the menu bar in the Outlook program. Down in the list (you may have to expan...

sp2 #2
After down loading sp2 and during re-start , a window brifly appears and says "OUT OF RANGE" and then the screen turns black. This happens every time I try to re-start my computer.. What do I need to do ?? ...

Outlook 2003 Using over 2 GB of memory
Ok, I have been using Outlook 2003 for a while now and have had an odd problem for a while. If I leave outlook open for a long time, it will consume all of of my free memory. I am talking about 700-800 MB of actual memory, and 1.5 - 1.7 GB of my virtual memory by just leaving it open over night, and this repeats as many times as I leave it open. I have restarted the computer, and no luck. Now it is also happening with my laptop, and I am not sure where to go with this. Any Ideas? Do you have a desktop search program installed? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the gro...

creating a drop down list of information to choose from
Subject: Re: drop down lists From: "Nick Hodge" <nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS> Sent: 8/23/2004 2:10:30 PM I followed the instructions below - I get the validation area if I am in a new database with no information - but in the data base I am working in it isn't an option - can you tell me how to get it as an option in a active data base? It is a shared data base - does this matter? Catherine This can be done manually but check out Data>Validation... and the 'list' option. I think it's what you will need. -- HTH Nick Hodge M...

Lookup with multiple conditions #2
I have two cells as followes : A B 1 Sachin Vikas 2 Sachin Amit 3 Sachin Vikas 4 Sachin Vikas i want to count no of times Sachin and Vikas comes in one row Here ans is Three. =sumproduct(--(a1:a4="sachin"),--(b1:b4="vikas")) is one way. =sumproduct() wants to work with numbers. -- converts true/false to 0/1. Sachin Narute wrote: > > I have two cells as followes : > > A B > 1 Sachin Vikas > 2 Sachin Amit > 3 Sachin Vikas > 4 Sachin ...

filtering a mailing list
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do you filter a mailing list by zip code? Autofilter. If you can't be bothered to type a detailed question, we can't be bothered to type a detailed answer :-) On 7/03/10 12:23 PM, in article 59bb412f.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "tcmetrock@officeformac.com" <tcmetrock@officeformac.com> wrote: > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do you filter a mailing list by > zip code? This email is my business email -- Please do not email me about forum matters unless you intend to pay! -- J...

How to stop inbound mail sent from invalid domains
I'm aware of senderID in Exch2003 SP2. I'm also aware that this does not solve my problem. We are getting hammered with spam...sent from fnord. Example: FROM: sdlkfjsd@udududud.tuuuu TO: ValidUser@MyCompany.com I understand that senderID is used to stop forgery (if the world+dog added SFP info to DNS zone and they have not yet) but SenderID goes above and beyond what I'm looking for...I'm asking for something more basic. How to I get exchange to drop email sent such that the server email address's domain is totally bogus? (Forget SPF records...the domain does not eve...

Adding Address line 3 to GP Forms
Several of our customers/vendors have addresses that include a 3rd Address Line (above City, State, Zip). However, in all of our GP forms, only Address Line 1 & 2, plus City/State/Zip where added. These all appear to be calculated fields on the report and I can see where Address Line 3 is available to be chosen - HOWEVER, I am an absolute novice when it comes to doing calculated fields in Report Writer. By using the manual and looking at how the other address lines where created, I've got the general gist of it; However, when I created "Ship To Address Line 4" (to i...

Organising mails
I am trying to organise mails in outlook such that messages sent to me but not replied are shown up in a seperate color. I am able to set mails to me to be dispalyed in a different color (Tools --> Organise --> Using Colors) but am unable to set both "replied" & "mails to me" condition. Not sure if you can check the reply status of a mail item "attaboy" <attaboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16E41417-D234-4C19-A1B2-7C0E13598C15@microsoft.com... >I am trying to organise mails in outlook such that messages sent to me but...