Windows Mail After formating my computer

Hi,

I would like to know if i lose all my e-mails and contacts and everything i
have in my windows mal e-mail, when i format my computer. It is very urgent
that i format my computer but i have to be sure i dont lose anything.

Thank You.

The short answer, you will lose everything on that partition when you form.
You will need to back up what you need to save to another partition/Drive.

--
Bob Eyster
Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 - 32 Bit

0
Bob
1/21/2010 2:02:26 PM
Formatting a drive deletes all data. First do a backup using this
free third party utility:

http://www.staticbackup.com/windows-mail-backup/
http://www.staticbackup.com/products.htm#swmbf

It does not backup your contacts, but you can easily copy the folder=20
C:\Users\username\Contacts.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Catarina" <Catarina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> Hi,
>=20
> I would like to know if i lose all my e-mails and contacts and =
everything i=20
> have in my windows mal e-mail, when i format my computer. It is very =
urgent=20
> that i format my computer but i have to be sure i dont lose anything.
>=20
> Thank You.
0
Gary
1/21/2010 5:33:21 PM
Depending on how old the hard drive is in your computer, you might want to
buy a new hard drive; then you will have your old data complete. That might
not be a good idea however if the problem is a virus or something such as
that.

"Catarina" <Catarina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if i lose all my e-mails and contacts and everything
> have in my windows mal e-mail, when i format my computer. It is very
> urgent
> that i format my computer but i have to be sure i dont lose anything.
>
> Thank You.

0
Sam
1/21/2010 7:20:58 PM
See www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx

steve

"Catarina" <Catarina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if i lose all my e-mails and contacts and everything
> have in my windows mal e-mail, when i format my computer. It is very
> urgent
> that i format my computer but i have to be sure i dont lose anything.
>
> Thank You.

0
Steve
1/22/2010 1:03:47 PM
You can Export (File->Export) messages and contacts to a file. Put that file
on a thumb drive (USB) or CD and they'll be ready to be Imported after the
format.

"Catarina" <Catarina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know if i lose all my e-mails and contacts and everything
> have in my windows mal e-mail, when i format my computer. It is very
> urgent
> that i format my computer but i have to be sure i dont lose anything.
>
> Thank You.

0
John
1/22/2010 4:55:03 PM
They would have to copy that file off of the thumb or CD, onto the PC
(anyplace as long as they remember where), before being able to do the
import . . . . .

"John" <me@no.org> wrote in message
> You can Export (File->Export) messages and contacts to a file. Put that
> file on a thumb drive (USB) or CD and they'll be ready to be Imported
> after the format.
>
> "Catarina" <Catarina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like to know if i lose all my e-mails and contacts and everything
>> have in my windows mal e-mail, when i format my computer. It is very
>> urgent
>> that i format my computer but i have to be sure i dont lose anything.
>>
>> Thank You.

0
slk759
1/22/2010 5:03:18 PM
I don't know if that is true or not.  The files cannot be read only (as if
from a CD), but a thumb drive does not make the files read only, so it may
work with that.

steve

"slk759" <slk759@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> They would have to copy that file off of the thumb or CD, onto the PC
> (anyplace as long as they remember where), before being able to do the
> import . . . . .
>
> "John" <me@no.org> wrote in message
>> You can Export (File->Export) messages and contacts to a file. Put that
>> file on a thumb drive (USB) or CD and they'll be ready to be Imported
>> after the format.
>>
>> "Catarina" <Catarina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I would like to know if i lose all my e-mails and contacts and
>>> everything i
>>> have in my windows mal e-mail, when i format my computer. It is very
>>> urgent
>>> that i format my computer but i have to be sure i dont lose anything.
>>>
>>> Thank You.

0
Steve

Formatting Question #3
I have the following: =IF((B21-C21)>0,B21-C21 & " Under Budget", B21-C21 & " Over Budget") How can I get the resulting value to be formatted as currency? I have formatted the cell as currency but I guess with the & "text" it doesn't treat the numerical part as currency. You are correct. So to overcome that, Put your currency symbol into the formula too. =IF((B21-C21)>0,"$"&B21-C21 & " Under Budget", "$"&B21-C21 & " Over Budget") "M.Siler" wrote: > I have the fo...

reinstalling windows

Date format in OWA
Is there a way to change the date display format or add another format. I want the dates in OWA shown as Fri 27/02/04. Thanks ...

Windows live mail

Windows Vista

open windows

Windows pdate Status: Failed

Outlook Mail not working with Windows 7

Windows Explorer doesn't show keywords

Receiving multiple copies of same mail
Can someone tell me why I would be receiving multiple copies of certain emails. Thanks in advance for your suggestions. Dave Dave, I dont know. However I have just posted more or less the same question. Lets keep in touch if either of us get a useful reply James >-----Original Message----- >Can someone tell me why I would be receiving multiple copies of certain >emails. > >Thanks in advance for your suggestions. > >Dave > > >. > Have you tried choosing the File option from the menu bar in the Outlook program. Down in the list (you may have to expan...

filtering a mailing list
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do you filter a mailing list by zip code? Autofilter. If you can't be bothered to type a detailed question, we can't be bothered to type a detailed answer :-) On 7/03/10 12:23 PM, in article 59bb412f.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "tcmetrock@officeformac.com" <tcmetrock@officeformac.com> wrote: > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) How do you filter a mailing list by > zip code? This email is my business email -- Please do not email me about forum matters unless you intend to pay! -- J...

How to stop inbound mail sent from invalid domains
I'm aware of senderID in Exch2003 SP2. I'm also aware that this does not solve my problem. We are getting hammered with spam...sent from fnord. Example: FROM: sdlkfjsd@udududud.tuuuu TO: ValidUser@MyCompany.com I understand that senderID is used to stop forgery (if the world+dog added SFP info to DNS zone and they have not yet) but SenderID goes above and beyond what I'm looking for...I'm asking for something more basic. How to I get exchange to drop email sent such that the server email address's domain is totally bogus? (Forget SPF records...the domain does not eve...

Organising mails
I am trying to organise mails in outlook such that messages sent to me but not replied are shown up in a seperate color. I am able to set mails to me to be dispalyed in a different color (Tools --> Organise --> Using Colors) but am unable to set both "replied" & "mails to me" condition. Not sure if you can check the reply status of a mail item "attaboy" <attaboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16E41417-D234-4C19-A1B2-7C0E13598C15@microsoft.com... >I am trying to organise mails in outlook such that messages sent to me but...

Windows recovery console

determine mail flow problem!!!!!!!!
Help! :-( Our mailflow from 2 backend 2003 exchange servers keeps queuing up in the outbound queue (which is set to always run delivery). Messages stay in there from 10 to 120 minutes before being sent to our gateway MTA and then sent off site (to hotmail.com for example). However when I telnet from a backend server to the gateway over port 25 and send a test message it goes right away. I can't for the life of me figure out why. One example when viewed in message tracking history says: 10:16am - smtp: store driver, message submitted from store 10:16am - smtp: message submitted to ...

windows messenger/Outlook 2002

Problem with outgoing mail
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'sukotto51@hotmail.com'. Subject 'Divided+Microwave+Plates+With+Lids+from+Collections+Etc.', Account: 'Windows Mail', Server: 'plus.smtp.m...

Secret Mail box
How can I create a second secret mail box in outlook That's password protected? What version and for what purpose? Not being nosy but your answer to the latter question may provide a better and easier solution. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Paul asked: | How can I create a second secret mail box in outlook That's password | protected? ...

Windows update error

Font in Mail Body
It is possible to make Arial the default font (body) when creating an new mail? In standard it is Verdana and you have to change it manually every time... I'm having the same problem/question. Would like to know if there is a solution for this one! Jan "Thomas T." wrote: > It is possible to make Arial the default font (body) when creating an new > mail? In standard it is Verdana and you have to change it manually every > time... ...

A problem with multiple/repeat downloads when using two or more computers
I want to synchronize my emails in Outlook 2002 and use it on two or more computers. I transfer the pst. file over, but when I do a send/receive I get the downloads that I already did on the last computer. (I have Outlook set to leave a copy on the server for a few day and wish to leave it that way.) Is there a way to also synchronize the information that Outlook keeps saying which emails it has already downloaded? Obviously it is not included in the pst files. Where does Outlook store that information? ...