Where are my saved word?

I open the attachment directly, it is .doc and edit it in a loong time, what
I ask is when I  press save button and it show nothing so I think it succes.
And I close it!!   I can't find it now, could you help me ????? Thanks!

It is gone. When editing an attachment, you /must/ save it to your HDD
first, edit it and then reattach it.
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

"smezsc" <smezsc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I open the attachment directly, it is .doc and edit it in a loong time,
>what
> I ask is when I  press save button and it show nothing so I think it
> succes.
> And I close it!!   I can't find it now, could you help me ????? Thanks!

0
Bruce

type a word on the line without desturbing the line
I am using Outlook Publisher and I need to know how do I type on a line without desturbing the line. Not sure I understand. Do you want to overwrite a line of text? If you want to add a word without the line moving, use the character spacing option in the format menu. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Bermuda Mama" <Bermuda Mama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:615FB725-748E-4403-B41F-AB9CAFC19971@microsoft.com... >I am using Outlook Publisher and I need to know how do I type on a li...

How do I import an excel spreadsheet to a word document #2
I have a saved excel spreadsheets (3 tabs). I want to import this to my Word document so in the word, I can select the three different tabs and also see the formulas. How do I simply do this? And how do I create spreadsheets in word using the excel function? -- Amuse ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Amuse's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25086 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=385993 ...

how can I start a new line when entering data into a word wrapped.
I'm wondering whether it is possible to enter a return character in a cell which is word-wrapped please? Thanks Steve alt+enter "spozzie" wrote: > I'm wondering whether it is possible to enter a return character in a cell > which is word-wrapped please? > > Thanks > > Steve btw - alt+enter will turn word wrap on for the cell in which it's used. It will not necessary to set word wrap first. "spozzie" wrote: > I'm wondering whether it is possible to enter a return character in a cell > which is word-wrapped please? > ...

Export to a Word Template
Is there any way to create a command button to take data from certain fields and insert it into a template we have made in Word? Right now we are just copying and pasting the data into the appropriate place in the Word Doc. Or is there another way to do this entirely? Basically, I want to be able to automatically create a work order using certain fields and have a file ready to send as an email with all of our template information included. Here's one example I use that works well: http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/msaccess/msaccess.html Scroll down to 'Super Easy Word Merg...

How Do i Get Access tables to mail merge in Word
I am trying to link a table or the results of a query to a word report template that i can use to display all of the records of a given table. For instance, in any given quarter, we may have 5 new sumps. When I open the word template i want those 5 records to appear within the template. Then, during the next quarter, if there are 10 new records, i want to table to automatically update. That is, it will adjust to show all five records. The way the template is currently set up, I have to manually edit the tables by copying and pasting the records from the queries or tables in Access to ...

How do I set up tent cards in Word 2007?
In case no one knows what tent cards are, they are those cards that you place in front of people at a meeting, round table, or anywhere a group of people will be whose names you want to show for other people to know them. It's an oblong, rectangular, tepee-looking card that has a person's name on both sides of the card so that either way you turn the card, the name will show correctly. It was a feature under Word 2003 under the Mail and Label section, where you would pick "tent card," but I can't seem to find it in Word 2007. Please help You have to rot...

Opening file from an item loses Word document properties
Hello, I have just discovered that when you double-click a Word file attached to an appointment item (although I imagine it will be the same for other items too), Outlook does not open the actual file, but takes a copy and puts it in the temp folder and opens that. This is a pain as it mucks up some of the automation coding I have done, but what's worse is that the copy doesn't seem to have the custom properties I have set. Is there any way of forcing Outlook to open the original, instead of a copy? Failing that, any ideas why the custom document property would have been lost...

Senders email address in saved attachment
Hi, I'm currently using the below VBA to export all email attachments into one folder. I however also need to capture the senders email address, preferrably in the file name of the saved attachment. Is this possible or are you able to advise another solution to capture this information? '<DieseOutlookSitzung> Public Sub LoopMailFolderByFolderPath() On Error GoTo ERR_HANDLER Dim oFld As Outlook.MAPIFolder Dim obj As Object Set oFld = GetFolder("Mailbox - ! TSN Credit Approvals\testing") If Not oFld Is Nothing Then For Each obj In...

Sequential File Saving
Hi I would like to know if it possible to have a piece of visual basic code that when executed will perform a "save as" with a sequential number. That is to say each time you run the code it has for example "save as" 00001.xls, 00002.xls, 00003.xls etc etc. Also where should I should place the code. I am running Windows 2000, with Excel 2000. Thanks John Hi John one way (using cell A1 on sheet1 to store this number) would be the following macro (for getting started with macros see: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm) sub save_me_seq() dim fname w...

making shortcut key for a word extension toolbar button
Hi: I installed an extension for MS Word 2003. It has a special task buttons that I use all the time but have no default shortcut keys assign to them so it doesn't show in customize keyboard>categories. Is there any easy way that I can assign a shortcut key to its buttons? Please help me. Thanks Hoolines -- Hoolines ...

Word 2000 (Office 2000 Small Business) and Windows XP OS
I installed Office 2000 Small Business on my Windows XP machine, and Word does not open successfully. It opens partially and then I get a "Progam has stopped responding" message. Is there a fix? Have you locally installed a printer driver and set it as the windows default printer? -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Bill Crawford" <Bill Crawford@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6CD8BB6-184B-4806-9BA4-0FAB5CB4055A@microsoft.com... > I installed Office 2000 Small Business on my Windows XP machine, and Word > does not open successful...

Opening Word Attachments is slow in Outlook 2000
Opening a word document attachment is very slow. It's on a W2K machine running office 2000 pro. Other attachments work fine and opening the word documents outside outlook work fine. Jerry. ...

saving all attachments where the some of the attachments have the same name
I had this problem and saw no answers so I wrote a macro to do it. You are welcome to it. I'm currently using Outlook 2003 (SP3) and I haven't tested this code on any other version. To "install" it: 1. in Outlook on the menu bar select "Tools"->"Macro"->"Visual Basic Editor" (or alternately hit Alt + F11) 2. when the "Microsoft Visual Basic" window comes up, on its menu bar select "Insert" ->"Module" 3. paste in the code below 4. on the "Microsoft Visual Basic" window's menu bar select "...

Saving a Two Page Document as a Web Page
I am a teacher who does my parent newsletters using Publisher. If I have a two page document and try to save it as a web page, it will only save the first page and not the second. How can I save it as a web page so that it saves both pages? I would like to be able to put my parent newsletters on my web page using FrontPage but have been unable to do so. Use the FAQ page at http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=30 - Q.5 David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] www.publishermvps.com www.davidbartosik.com "S.Lichtenberger" <S.Lichtenberger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Word 2007 opens very slowly
When I try to open word 2007 by clicking on any document, it takes up to 2 minutes to load the program. If WORD 2007 is already open, then documents that I click on open right away. This just started happening recently. I have had WORD 2007 for several months without this problem. -- Mike E ...

how do i make word 2002 automatically add accent marks in spanish
i need to automatically have accent marks when creating my spanish papers! the auto spell check will correct misspellings in spanish, but it will not do the accents. ...

Relative hyperlinks in Excel workbook saved as web page
I want the hyperlinks I have created in an Excel workbook to be relative...so when I save the workbook as a web page I can send it to someone else and they can view all of the components of the workbook. Unfortunately, it creates an absolute path, despite specifying a page within the dcoument/workbook...and subsequently the linked workbook pages are unviewable to the recipient. Need help creating a relative hyperlink (a "bookmark") that doesn't get changed evertime I save the workbook as a web page. Thanks. ...

Converting Excel with Word
Hi to everyone. I have a table in an Excel sheet. In every row of the table included some information’s of a number of persons (Name, address, age, work hours, distance, etc) I also have a doc file in Word, which i use it like a form, to connect the above information’s in some points in the doc. I would like to convert somehow the Excel table to word doc applying 2 conditions. a) Every time that i change a value of a person at the Excel table, automatically updating the corresponding doc file and b) If i must add new persons in the table (that means new rows), also to create automatical...

RichTextBox saves files in wrong place
I have a small app that contains a RichTextBox which will save its contents to the apps folder and load it whenever the RTB opens again - at least that is what is supposed to happen and in fact used to happen. here is the RTB window load event. It either gets the previously stored save directory if it exists else the current dir. private void TextBoxForm_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) { if (Properties.Settings.Default.settingsSaveDirectory.Length != 0) _saveDirectory = Properties.Settings.Default.settingsSaveDirectory; else { Properties.Settings.Default.settings...

Open by default at a particular page of word document
Hi, How to open a windows word 2003/ 2007 document such that whenever the document is opened, it opens at page numbered 5 by default instead of the first page ? Any ideas ? Thx in advans, Karthik Balaguru ...

Excel
Whenever I open a document, and try to Save it as something else (File>Save As), nothing comes up. The save as box doesn't come up and neither does an error message. I have tried reinstalling, but that didn't work. Joby From a post by Dave Peterson............. There was a virus that affected the File|Save, File|SaveAs and File|Open. http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308360 OFF2000: Error Messages Caused by Nimda Virus When You Open or Save Files in Office Programs maybe you got hit. If this isn't it, do you get error messages? And you may want to try reset...

Save a file in a .QIF format
I want to save an Excel in .QIF format so I can import it into another application. Is there a way to do that? Thanks, Nick Hi AFAIK Excel can't save in this format -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Nick Orem" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:503401c49106$bd487450$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I want to save an Excel in .QIF format so I can import it > into another application. Is there a way to do that? > Thanks, > Nick You would have to write a macro to create the QIF file. On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 09:06:00 -0700, "Nic...

Excel issue saving files to hexadecimal filenames on terminal server...
Hi, I have a customer who has an issue with Excel. He has people connecting to a terminal server where the spreadsheets and excel is installed and they open the sheet, make changes, and then save/close the sheet. The issue is that sometimes the saved sheet ends up with an 8 digit hexadecimal filename. The users do not get an error and we don't see anything in an eventlog. Any ideas? We read something about excel and the way it saves files. First to the hex name, then it deletes the original file, then it renames the hex name to the normal name. I have to assume something is m...

how to save an icon made by mysellf.
hi. Would you tell anything about the following questions please. 1.how to save an icon made by mysellf. 2.how to save a toolbar made by mysellf. 3.how to save the style of my toolbars set by mysellf. for whenever i reinstall excel,i have to reset the style of my often used toolbars or even redraw icons. it is boring. thank you. Hi, Your Excel toolbar settings are saved on a file with xlb extension. Look for it on your Windows folder. -- HTH --- Orlando Magalhaes Filho (So that you get best and rapid solution and all may benefit from the discussion, please reply within the ne...

Using radio button controls in a Word form
I'm creating forms for users to download from a website. The first form I developed contained a drop-down list and numerous radio buttons from the Controls toolbar, and works perfectly for everyone who has downloaded one. And they open ok for me, i.e. NOT in design view, when they are e-mailed to me by users. The second one I'm developing is similar and has no drop-down list and only 3 radio buttons. But after downloading to my PC this second form frustratingly opens in controls design view so the buttons don't work. Why is this? How can one form work perfectly an...