Where are my saved word?

I open the attachment directly, it is .doc and edit it in a loong time, what
I ask is when I  press save button and it show nothing so I think it succes.
And I close it!!   I can't find it now, could you help me ????? Thanks!

It is gone. When editing an attachment, you /must/ save it to your HDD
first, edit it and then reattach it.
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

"smezsc" <smezsc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I open the attachment directly, it is .doc and edit it in a loong time,
>what
> I ask is when I  press save button and it show nothing so I think it
> succes.
> And I close it!!   I can't find it now, could you help me ????? Thanks!

0
Bruce

Using word templates as email
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I want to ask how I use a word template as an email template? I have found an easy solution for PC on MS own website but it does not apply for Mac...I know this must be straightforward but simply select-all, cut, paste into new message does not work and template falls apart....help !!!! You can't do that in Microsoft Office for Mac. You have to write the email in Word then use File>Send to>Mail recipient (as HTML) from inside Word. It still makes a mess of it. Best to simply forget about it: ...

Unable to save password in Outlook 2003

how can I search for underlined words in version 2007 of word.
how can I search for underlined words in version 2007 of word. On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 12:23:02 -0800, shawn <shawn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >how can I search for underlined words in version 2007 of word. Open the Find dialog, leave the "Find what" box empty, and press Ctrl+U to turn on the underlining format to search for. Click the Find Next button. If you need to find double underlining, press Ctrl+Shift+D instead of Ctrl+U. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all...

Save and save as

Saving Images

"Unattainable" savings goals

Saving default tabs

Save to unProtect a Document?

Problmes with full migration from Word and Excel 2003 to 2007
A while back I installed Office 2007 but left Word 2003 and Excel 2003 as the default programs for opening doc and xls files. A number of months later I made 2007 the default for both, but left the 2003 programs on the system. The changed default worked fine for Word 2007. Occasionally, the default for xls files would get reset to Excel 2003 for no apparent reason. I finally removed Word 2003 and Excel 2003 programs altogether. (Still have Access 2003 and OneNote 2003 since I don’t 2007 versions of those). I think I have some kind of overhang from my stepped approach to mig...

Linking Word and Excel #2
I have a Word document with a large number of tables linked to cells in an Excel spreadsheet. The tables in the worksheet are in the same order as those in the Word document. I would like to insert a new table between other tables linked to the Excel spreadsheet but when I insert the new table between the others in the Excel spreadsheet, it invalidates all the other linked information. I take this to mean that the links are not absolute references. Is there any way to do this without having to reconstruct the links? Thanks ...

Save csv format to dbf format

Daylight Savings Time #2

Trying to display Chinese SimSun font in Word X
I have a Word document where part of the document is in the Chinese font SimSun. It opens perfectly in Mac Office 2008 on my computer. I need to have someone else work on this document. They have a really old Mac running Mac Office X. They have installed the SimSun font and it appears to be active in the system. If they open the document in Word X the SimSun characters just appear as lines. If they open a new document and select SimSun as the font and type they get standard Roman characters. I have never really worked with a non-Roman character set before and am not sure what else to ...

Word as Email Editor #9
I have a user on a stand-alone Win XP/ Office 2K system who all of a sudden can no longer use Word as his email editor. I found KB article 223934, (link http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;223934) but this involves people who haven't completely removed Word 97 - that is NOT a factor on this system. Does anyone out there know any other reason why the message: "This form requires Word as your e-mail editor, but Word is either busy or cannot be found. The form will be opened in the Outlook editor instead." would come up? Thanks, -Monica, Dallas amethystm@hotmai...

Automatic save of all messages from a known contact
Hi, I'd like to store automatically all messages from a known CRM Contact. If for example my customers email-address is somebody@somhow.com, I'd like to store automatically all his emails via the Exchange<->CRM Connector regardless to who they are sent to. Is that possible? regards Juergen Tolksdorf Hi Juergen. My company has a product called Effective Email that does exactly what you are asking for. There is a sync event that gets installed on the users inbox. When emails come in, it checks the senders address against the CRM database, and if a match exists, it creates a...

How to get saved old saved work that was saved over?
I typed up some History notes and saved it. I wanted to use the same format from those History notes for some new History notes and I saved over on my old work. How can i retrive my old saved work? My work was in Word not Excel But I could not find a place to ask a question in the Word help section. If you saved over the original file, it is gone forever. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Maral" <Maral@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0ADFEF9-6A46-4589-8923-4BFC07D9C61F@microsoft.com......

How do you select a specific Visio tab when 'Inserting Object' into Word doc?
I am inserting an object (Visio diagram) in my Word document so that updates to the Visio diagram are automatically reflected in the Word doc. I clicked Insert > Object > Link to File, and used it as a workaround to the bug found when you copy the Visio diagram by clicking Edit > Paste Special > Paste Link (bug is found if the Visio diagram is on a file share; you can't insert it - the option for Paste Link is grayed out). This Insert > Object workaround works fine, HOWEVER, my Visio file has multiple tabs on it. How do I distinguish which tab I want to embed? ...

control recording saving
I designing a form the feilds are bound. the form will be used by other workers i want the form to update records using a update button but if the user enters data and then decides that they don't want to update the information. hqw can i prevent the update of the information entered on the form when the user closes the form using the close button "904allen" <904allen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > I designing a form the feilds are bound. the form will > be used by other workers i want the form to update > records using a update button but if the user ...

auto save email address's
In outlook 2007, how do I set it to auto save email address's that I send out? No full versions of Outlook ever had the ability to add recipients automatically to your Contacts Folder. Only the long abandoned IMO mode of Outlook 98/2000 did that. To automatically add the email address of people you respond to to your Contacts Folder requires code: http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/autoaddrecip.htm http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/addauto.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Johnfli" <john@ivhs.us> wrote in message news:%23t7Bb82DIHA.1164@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... &g...

Check for valid file name before saving
My form copies a file from one locatin, prompts the user to create a new name for the file, then saves the file to another location. is there an easy way to ensure the user has entered a valid file name (e.g. did not use '/' or "^" or anything like that) so the save does not fail? OR, would it be easier to some how set up error handling so that if the save fails for that reason, i can prompt the user to try again. How would i do either of these things? Thanks, You must use error handling for this kind of operation, as there are just too many things that could go wrong....