Want Windows Mail to open my live.com mail

What are the server settings to have my live.com mail open in my Windows
Mail

0
Sue

To access Hotmail accounts with Windows Mail, you have to use POP3.
See
href="http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry

Use port 587 for SMTP (outgoing)

With the newer Windows Live Mail, it's much easier.

Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64
http://download.live.com/wlmail
"Sue Ann"  wrote in message news:e$a0jezMLHA.1868@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...

What are the server settings to have my live.com mail open in my Windows
Mail
0
Dave

group mailing
Is there any way that I can conceal the individual addresses when I do a group mailing? If this isn't possible in group mailing, is there another way to do it with MS Mail? All of this applies to OE, WinMail and WLMail. To use the BCC (Blind Carbon Copy) feature, in a new message window, either click View | All Headers and type in the addresses separated by a; Or: Click the To button. You will see your list of contacts and the choice of putting them in the To, CC, or BCC field. Click on an address, then click BCC to add it. Repeat for all the contacts you want. (Note: Mo...

want questions

trying to open two forms on maximized other usually max. but small
below is the code i have tied to the on click event of a command button both forms normally open in Max. mode - when open individually But for when I click on this command button would like the second form that is listed(doesn't even seem to be opening with below) would like it to open up in bottom of screen and the bottm part of the form to be displayed ON the Maximized view of the 1st listed form tried MoveSize and getting errors - tried looking it up on vb help and keeps taking me to macros Private Sub Command3_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Command3_Click Dim stDo...

I want more!

Renewing SSL (Windows CA)
I am looking to request a renewal for our SSL certificate within the IIS Manager in relation to our Exchange2003/Outlook RPC client connections. The question I have is when I go thru the steps to renew the current certificate, will it void (at any time) the current certificate that our remote RPC clients are using? I am looking for this to be somewhat seemless and keep the attrition to a minimum. After we get this cert updated we'll be looking to into a signed cert from the likes of Verisign, etc... Until then though, we need to get it updated due it's expiring in the next f...

Windows XP Updates
I read about the BLUE SCREEN death re: recent update attributed to KB977165. I noticed this morning that 9 updates are available and I'm afraid to install. I ran an manual update and it showed 10 updates available and one of the is KB977165. What do I do? I don't want to click on the install updates, so..... KB977165 will *not* be installed automatically via Automatic Updates; cf. http://blogs.technet.com/msrc/archive/2010/02/11/restart-issues-after-installing-ms10-015.aspx KB977165 is still being offered via Windows Update/Microsoft Update website. It would /appe...

Drawing order of sibling windows
We have an application that has several child windows that can overlap (all belong to the same parent window). There are a couple windows that are to be transparent (other than an outline and some text). I've been banging my head against the wall trying to get this to work. I use the SetWindowPos(...) to set the zorder the way we want. This seems to work in terms of having the framework figure out which window is on top, which should get mouse events etc. The problem is the drawing, as near as I can tell the MFC code is drawing all the sibling orders in the z-order!!. Tha...

Copy E-Mails and Address Book
Hi there, I had to format my HDD and tried to make sure that I have copied all my Outlook files: outcmd.dat Outlook.FAV Outlook.NK2 Outlook.srs OutlPrnt Do these files include my messages & address book? I will really appreciate your help. -- Regards, Deon H "Deon" <REMOVEdeon@REMOVEsincro.co.za> wrote in message news:Xns96BB68A35718DREMOVEdeonREMOVEsinc@196.25.240.158 > Hi there, > > I had to format my HDD and tried to make sure that I have copied all > my Outlook files: > > outcmd.dat > Outlook.FAV > Outlook.NK2 > Outlook.srs > OutlP...

Window position on the monitor
Is there a way to set the default position on the monitor for a new window, such as starting a new email message? Currenly a new window goes to the upper left corner, & I would like it in the center. Thanks, Pat On 12/8/07 11:54 AM, in article 598a4a61-1f59-419f-a281-614a7f1a7358@w28g2000hsf.googlegroups.com, "patrick.cashen@gmail.com" <patrick.cashen@gmail.com> wrote: > Is there a way to set the default position on the monitor for a new > window, such as starting a new email message? Currenly a new window > goes to the upper left corner, & I would like it in...

Export and import a mail folder with a personalized view in a .pst file.
I try to export a mail folder with a personalized view in a .pst file. When I import the .pst, only the folder is available and not the view. I used Oulook 2002. Exporting copies only visible items, not hidden items like views. If = it's a view created in a particular folder, copying the entirre folder = to another .pst file will copy the view.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http...

Windows Mail in W7
When I installed Windows 7 on my laptop, I also moved my Windows Mail to it. I was provided with 2 patches to make it run correctly. I applied the 1st one, but not the 2nd (I don't remember why). I have been using Windows Mail successfully for months now, with annoying limitations. Does anyone have the link to those patches so I can download them again. I think they made changes to the registry. TIA, Paul This is the procedure that worked for me: 1. Rename the C:\Program Files\Windows Mail\ directory in Win7 to = something else. 2. Copy that same-named directory (inc...

IE8 does no longer work message in Windows 7
I get an many web pages the german "Internet Explorer funktioniert nicht mehr" means does no longer work without any further information. For example I can not start the popup of exactly this new questions dialog with IE. I now needed to install alternative browser for doing it. I only want do repair IE in order to see if it is only my installation that is wrong, because I moved the partition with an partition manger. But unfortunately I can not download IE8 for Windows 7. Please help me how to repair an IE8 installation under WIndows 7 the support pages only refer to ...

Best Windows 7 group?
I've used this forum several times to solve XP probs and found the people here extraordinarily helpful in ironing out my special (often self-caused) bugs. Now I've moved to Windows 7 Ultimate and am wondering if anyone can suggest a similar Google-accessible newsgroup which could be similarly useful. I've tried the moderated group just called 'windows 7' but get the idea that no-one there really knows the system in-depth the way people here understand XP. Best wishes "anthony" <anthonyjhcnospam@netscape.net> wrote in message news:16a9cd19-6a6b-...

Publsiher freezes while doing Mail Merge
Same as previous post, but I'm using Publisher 2002 not 2000... Michele which version of Windows are you using??? -- "Michele" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13cb401c3f8c4$226b4640$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Same as previous post, but I'm using Publisher 2002 not > 2000... I am using Window 98 second edition with all the updates installed. Well go to: www.microsoft.com/data and download and install the latest version of the MDAC components and reboot and your problems should be over. -- >-----Original Message----- >Same...

RPC over HTTP on Windows 2000 Pro
Hi all, Can anyone confirm that I will be able to use Outlook 2003 via RPC over HTTP on Windows 2000 Professional please? Many thanks, Mike In news:8A9F1E1B-36EA-470F-ADC9-6E044FC31D31@microsoft.com, Mike K <MikeK@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi all, > > Can anyone confirm that I will be able to use Outlook 2003 via RPC > over HTTP on Windows 2000 Professional please? > > Many thanks, > Mike Sorry; you'll need Windows XP SP1 or SP2 to do this. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011402731033.aspx ...

Junk E-mail filter won't disable.
Our environment is OL2K3 and Exchange 2K3. I have a few clients starting to complain that legitimate emails are being put into the Junk E-Mail folder. They have filtering set to none. In fact, two so far were not set to Cached mode and had to have it enabled in order to change the Junk E-Mail setting. Any ideas how to fully disable the OL2K3 Junk E-Mail filtering? thanks in advance. Hi, 1. Do these users have anything on the "Blocked Senders" tab? 2. Are you running any client-side anti-virus software? Thanks -- Greg Mansius [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" w...

Text want wrap in text box

Handling Inbound Mail
I apologize for being a neophyte but I've never messed with scripts & Exchange. Basically I'm curious what the end result of this combination of commands/scripts will accomplish and how I can roll it back *immediately* if there's a problem. I'm trying to figure out what line 2/3 of the initial CMD file are doing and can't find much info on /setprop and /delprop. What are line 2 and 3 doing? I have the Smtpreg.vbs file in this directory also, that's a direct lift from Microsoft's and doesn't require any changes apparently. At the end of the day, I...

Outlook
I must have checked a box inadvertently, because recently when I directly open Outlook, if there's any mail pending d'load from my ISP (I usually open it via Mailwasher) it automatically d'loads it straight into Outlook. Does anyone know which box I may have checked to cause this? -- johnf tools, send/receive - find the define send and receive option and remove the check from the option to check every xx min. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Ot...

Journal Entry has been entered in another window
in General Ledger, i was transaction level posting and when i enter the transaction the computer was hang/ rebooted. When I do a lookup on the journal entry in the Transaction Entry window, I receive an error that the "Journal Entry has been entered in another window". i aldready run check link but the message still apear . anyone got solution ? thank for assistance. If your system crashed take a look in the Dynamics database table SY00801 there might be a record there that locks that particular journal entry. It could also be in the company you are working in under GL100...

My Outlook Mail won't load
Hi. Can somebody respond? When I open Outlook and try to read my mail, nothing will load. I keep getting window asking me to enter my network password (I'm not on a network), under pop.bizmail.yahoo.com, which is pre-filled out and I'm supposed to enter a password in the field under pop.bizmail.yahoo.com. Help and thanks. cathie wrote: > Hi. Can somebody respond? When I open Outlook and try to read my mail, > nothing will load. I keep getting window asking me to enter my network > password (I'm not on a network), under pop.bizmail.yahoo.com, which i...

Want to Add more Sub description Field

how can I open MS SQLsharepoint database files
how can I open MS SQLsharepoint database files MSDE 2000 format I have a copy of the whole SQL folder from c:\program files. From a SBS 2003 instalation that crashed and oem does not allow me to do a repair and just would lieke to see what the data contains, even if I can get to to an excel or Access database to print out would help. Maybe... (haven't tried it myself) Using SharePoint Database Explorer on SBS http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2007/01/05/using-sharepoint-database-explorer-on-sbs.aspx -- Merv Porter [SBS-MVP] ============================ ...

E-mail description
Hi! I need convert e-mail to incedent. I have fuction to do that. But when I copy description (e-mail body) it perform like full HTML. How take text only, without tags? function with(oConvert.document.crmForm) { title.DataValue = oSource.subject.DataValue; all.description.DataValue = oSource.all.description.DataValue; } Thank you! ...