Want Windows Mail to open my live.com mail

What are the server settings to have my live.com mail open in my Windows
Mail

0
Sue

To access Hotmail accounts with Windows Mail, you have to use POP3.
See
href="http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry

Use port 587 for SMTP (outgoing)

With the newer Windows Live Mail, it's much easier.

Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64
http://download.live.com/wlmail
"Sue Ann"  wrote in message news:e$a0jezMLHA.1868@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...

What are the server settings to have my live.com mail open in my Windows
Mail
0
Dave

Pub Mail Merge
Does Publisher 2002 / 2003 version have it's own mail merge program. I use Pub 97 now and I always have to bring in a pub file into MS Word in order to mail merge. This means I need two software programs for one operation. Ron Publisher 2002 and 2003 have the same useless database as Publisher 97 has built in. Do you mean to say you have never found it in Publisher 97? Publisher 2003 has significantly improved the ability of the Merge and you can now merge multiple items and pictures on a page. ...

E-mail box sizes. Echange System Manger.
Hi. Now and then I need to find out the size of the various e-mail boxes in Exchange2000. The problem is that the size indicated in the Exchange System Manager do not reflect the same size when you look into Outlook. Is the a way to figure out the correct e-mail size? If not. Is this better in Exchange2003? Thank you in advance. DagN I'd consider the Exchange value to be the most important given this is what will be used for mailbox quotas, etc. Nue "Dag N" <skier@start.no> wrote in message news:OjCaWfjLGHA.2320@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi. > Now and then ...

I can't receive or send mail
I try loggin into my account, but I get this message. "The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that could not be verified. The certificat's CN name does not match the passed value." How do I fix this? Please post the names of the incoming (POP3) and outgoing (SMTP) servers you are using, and their port numbers as shown on the Advanced tab of the account properties. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "unknown" <unknown@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Problem sending e-mails with Outlook & SBC Yahoo DSL
I have been unable to fix a problem and am looking for help. I have Outlook 2000. I also have SBC Yahoo DSL. I have spent hours on the phone trying to fix this problem, reloaded my software, etc. I can recieve e-mail from the SBC Yahoo DSL server with my Outlook, but cannot send e- mails. The error message I get is 0x800ccc0f. I know this means the outgoing mail server does not recognize and log me in, but does anyone know a way to change this? SBC made sure my settings were correct, but the problem persists. They claim it is an Outlook problem, but it never happened with other ISP...

Open Word Document With Modify Password
Using VBA to open Word documents. I get a prompt if the document requires a password to modify. I would like to use VBA code to open read only and search the document without being prompted -- going through hunders of documents and if certain info is found the file is logged. Current code: Dim rstDoc As New ADODB.Recordset Dim objWDApp As New Word.Application Dim objDoc As Word.Document rstDoc.Open "FileList", Application.CurrentProject.Connection, adOpenKeyset rstDoc.MoveFirst On Error GoTo DocumentErrors Do While Not rstDoc.EOF ...

Help! Extract the subject of all mails in outlook to a text file
How can I extract the information, such as subject, sender, time of all the mails in my Inbox into a text file? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Switch to a table view that contains all the fields you need the information from, select all items, and press CTRL+C to copy. You should be able to paste the data in columns into a text file. Note that not all available fields will copy in this manner, but the ones you mentioned should work. -- Jocelyn Fior...

Public folder for storing e-mail message
Exchange 2003 server, Outlook 2002 client. I want to set up a mail enabled public folder to store all e-mail addressed for customer support group. I also want to be able to forward e-mails from this public folder to an external address automatically. How do I set this up. Any help will be appreciated. "Dipti" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Exchange 2003 server, Outlook 2002 client. I want to set up a mail enabled public folder to store all e-mail addressed for > customer support group. I also want to be able to forward e-mails from this public fol...

No sounds in Windows 98 on virtual machine
In W98, no sounds. In the Sounds dialog, the arrow for testing Sounds events is grayed out. I figured it was a driver problem. In Device Manager, it says PCI Multimedia Audio Device. I double click on that and it says "drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28) To reinstall drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver." Then I'm given a bunch of choices and I don't know what to do next. I don't have a Windows 98 CD available. Thanks for any help "Larry" <larry328NOSPAM@att.net> wrote in message news:u3pQT5hZKHA.2160@TK2MSFTNGP0...

Track source of Netsky in mail?
Hello! I have a client that uses Outlook 2000 and 2003 with POP accounts from their ISP. They have about three users who keep getting Netsky stopped by Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition version 8.1 on their desktops. They get at least a dozen a day on some users. Is there any way to track down the sending user or computer? I suspect it is not on their network, but possibly an unprotected home user with their address book. Thank you for the help! Gregg Hill No, otherwise, this problem would have been nipped in the bud a long time ago. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all repl...

E-Mails Bouncing from Server
E-mails that are sent to one of my users bounce intermittently, however, they bounce with the name of another user, i.e., an e-mail sent to johndoe@mail.com bounces back with a reply, i.e.: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Technology Update Sent: 6/1/2005 3:07 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Jane N. Doe on 6/1/2005 3:07 PM The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address. <mail.mail.com #5.1...

opening a word 2003 document with word 2007
I created some documents on Word 2003 and have been unable to open them with Word 2007. I tried saving them as .docx and .rtf on Word 2003 with no luck. The posts that I have seen thus far have not helped. Does anyone have any suggestions? What happens when you try? Word 2007 should have no difficulty opening Word 2003 documents or RTF documents. Word 2003 can only save docx format if it has the compatibility pack installed. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word...

ask for help for RegQueryValueEx in Window me
Hello, guys! I got a problem when I try to use RegQueryValueEx in Windows me, and return value is ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER but same code run prefectly in Windows 2000. PHKEY hLocalKey; LPCTSTR lpSubKey= "SOFTWARE\\PassThruSupport\\Vendor1\\Devices\\Device1\\"; LONG KK=RegOpenKeyEx( HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, lpSubKey, 0, KEY_ALL_ACCESS , hLocalKey ); lpValueName="COM Port"; *lpType=REG_SZ; LONG JJ=RegQueryValueEx( *hLocalKey, lpValueName, NULL, lpType, lpData, lpcbData ); ...

Opening file question
When opening a file direct from my documents excel opens but the sheet does not get displayed. Although if you then click print preview the content of the sheet is there. Tried opening excel and then opening file and this works fine. Not a major problem but annoying. Any one shed any light? Cheers, Ash. I think xl is trying to help you. Excel wants to keep the window settings the same way as they were previously. If you saved your workbook in less than a full window, then the next time you open it (via double clicking with no existing xl instance running), it will open it the same win...

E-mail Delivery Issues to Group within a Group
Here is an example of a prevailing issue we are experiencing. Our Exchange servers are running Windows 2003, EX2003SP1, and PCs using Office 2003. We have a distribution group called BPMI_PME_MGRS in our address book in Outlook. The problem is that this group does not always deliver e-mails to all the members in the group unless the user sending the email clicks the pluses (expands the groups) repeatedly so that all names within the distribution list appear in the email. If they do not click the pluses, the email is not always received by all the group members and no failure notice i...

Access word document from external app while it is open
Hi I open a text file with ms word 2003 (i.e. a common txt file) and I need to edited from ms word which is ok, but I need also in parallel access it by an external application and I cannot (I get a message permission denied). I imagine that ms word lock the file. So what I can do to override this setting? in order to edit the file from another application while the file is opened in word? Thank you There is nothing you can do. Word will lock the file. Word is not a multi-user application. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< &...

Outlook 2003 hangs opening msg with attachments
I just upgraded to Office 2003 from Office XP on Windows XP Pro. Outlook 2002 worked just fine. Now Outlook 2003 three hangs often, especially when I am trying to open a message and almost always when the message has an attachment. Sometimes I can go to the file menu and open it from there but from the right-click menu or double-clicking it hangs sometimes with no attachment and almost always if there is an attachment. Anyone know how to fix this? Lee Robinson ...

Read Only Access Second time opening
I am having errors while modifying a spreadsheet. I am running Win Xp and Office 97, and can open and modify the file once but if I close it and open it again it wont allow me write access, but only read access to this file. Any ideas? Try cleaning up your windows temp folder and then reopen your workbook. You may have to reboot. Rebecca wrote: > > I am having errors while modifying a spreadsheet. > > I am running Win Xp and Office 97, and can open and > modify the file once but if I close it and open it again > it wont allow me write access, but only read access ...

Do I need Windows 2003 Enterprise for Exchange 2003 Enterprise?
Hi I am upgrading our server to Windows 2003 either Standard or Enterprise. I know that I want Exchange 2003 Enterprise because we have the Standard version at the moment and are about to hit the 16GB limit. Do I need Windows 2003 Enterprise for Exchange 2003 Enterprise? What will Windows 2003 Enterprise give me that Standard does not? Any help is appreciated. Thanks. No you don't. You would only need Windows 2003 Enterprise if you are planning on doing clustering. I'm sure there are some other things it will get you, but clustering capability is one of the big additions. -...

Keeping mail on exchange server
I have an email account on an exchange server. I like being able to manage it via the web so that i can check my incoming mail, sent messages and also store attached files for viewing at remote locations. I also would like to be able to use this account in Outlook 2003. Is there a way to use this emal account in outlook and not have everything downloaded that i want to keep on the server? That's the way it works by default. Just make sure that your default storage location (Tools | E-Mail Accounts | View or Change E-mail Account | Deliver new mail to...) is set to the Exchange m...

Sending Window Messages from an MFC app to a Windows Firm tray application
Hello, I have an MFC MDI application and a Windows Forms (2.0) Tray Icon application. I want to run a command on the tray application via my MFC application. There is a "Register" context menu command on the tray icon application. I want to call the Register command from my MFC MDI application. I thought of a windows message. How do I do it? Is there any other better mechanism to do so? Thanks, Janiv Ratson. If you know the class of the window on the tray application you can use FindWindow() to get the window for the class. Then you can use either PostMessage() or SendMessag...

I am receiving emails but cannot send using Vista and Windows mail
Account: 'POP.ATT.YAHOO.COM', Server: 'POP.ATT.YAHOO.COM', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR popgate unknown command', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 Wrong port number and SSL setting. Use the settings specified by your provider: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401738 Also, go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers. Make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" is not enabled. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "rcatonrealto...

Mac problems opening excel files when connected to two windows shares

Files in folder Windows.old in Vista
I have installed Ultimate on a Business version and then received the Windows.old folder. I want to delete it but have found same working files in old path than in the new. It appears that Windows updates the working files in both folders. Are they mirrored or copies. I changed the name of one file in old - corresponding file in the new folder received the same name. If I delete files from Windows.old will they be deleted from current folder too? "HBj" <HBj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12D90C20-D766-48D2-AA9C-D0FF7097DEBA@microsoft.com... ...

How to get files and folders name of windows\\system32 directory for Windows XP 64 bit OS by programming
Hi All , I am creating the SDI application for showing the Operating system's drive explorer tree. This is working fine for all operating system from Win 2K to XP for 32 Bit. But If I check it for Windows XP 64 bit operating system then It is showing strange behave , my all hierarchy of files and folders is coming properly but Files and folder of C:\windows\system32 directory are not coming properly , here it is showing the files and folders of C:\windows\systemWOW64 directory. How to show the actual files and folder of C:\\Windows\\system32 directory ???????? I am using ...

Internet Mail Connector
My Exchange 5.5 server will not send email to AOL accounts (the accounts/email addresses are valid). All other email is sent without issue. In the details of the email being failed to be sent in the IMC queue, the error is [421 SERVICE NOT AVAILABLE] Anybody know why this issue may be occurring ? Anyboy know what the error code means ? Regards Darragh 421 SERVICE NOT AVAILABLE means exactly that. Their server is not accepting connection attempts from you. Have you checked to see if you have been blacklisted? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Darragh Fitzpatrick" <Darra...