Stuck Outbox

I have Vista 64 and periodically I cannot send mail. My antivirus is Trend
and I have turned off the e-mail scanning function. Error message is :

inactivity. Subject 'Jessica's Phone Number?', Account: 'pop6.sympatico.ca',
Server: 'smtp1.sympatico.ca', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No,
Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

hay alguien de argentina?
"Ken McLean" <KenMcLean@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje de
noticias news:CF83ECD2-513D-4CBB-9668-61BB441E6B6B@microsoft.com...
>I have Vista 64 and periodically I cannot send mail. My antivirus is Trend
> and I have turned off the e-mail scanning function. Error message is :
>
> Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes
> for
> this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of
> inactivity. Subject 'Jessica's Phone Number?', Account:
> 'pop6.sympatico.ca',
> Server: 'smtp1.sympatico.ca', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No,
> Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

0
utf
12/4/2009 1:02:25 PM
Try turning off any email scanning that antivirus is set to perform.
Antivirus email scanning is a known issue for the error you are receiving
and a relevant clue you provided is, "periodically" you can't send -
indication of intermittent antivirus software interference.

"Ken McLean" <KenMcLean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have Vista 64 and periodically I cannot send mail. My antivirus is Trend
> and I have turned off the e-mail scanning function. Error message is :
>
> Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes
> for
> this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of
> inactivity. Subject 'Jessica's Phone Number?', Account:
> 'pop6.sympatico.ca',
> Server: 'smtp1.sympatico.ca', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No,
> Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

0
slk759
12/4/2009 4:46:01 PM
Your problem is most likely caused by your antivirus.
Trend Micro antivirus is among the top three troublemakers for Windows =
Mail.=20
First, go into its settings and disable any interaction with email, then =
try=20
Windows Mail again. If no improvement, do a trial uninstall of the =
antivirus.

Another option (instead of uninstalling Trend Micro) is to upgrade to=20
Windows Live Mail, which is more resistant to the adverse effects of=20
overly intrusive antivirus products: http://download.live.com/wlmail

In any case you must disable any antivirus email scanning, for the =
reason
explained here:
http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tutorials/email-scanning/index.htm=20
=20
--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Ken McLean" <KenMcLean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
>I have Vista 64 and periodically I cannot send mail. My antivirus is =
Trend=20
> and I have turned off the e-mail scanning function. Error message is :
>=20
> Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible =
causes for=20
> this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of=20
> inactivity. Subject 'Jessica's Phone Number?', Account: =
'pop6.sympatico.ca',=20
> Server: 'smtp1.sympatico.ca', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): =
No,=20
> Error Number: 0x800CCC0F
0
Gary

Stuck
HI there, Seeing how iam stuck in this area of MSoffice, with no appearant link to other catigories i have to ask my question here concerning MSN explorer. I downloaded explorer 7.02 now i want to uninstall it, yet i cant there is no MSN explorer in my add remove programs, even when i click on show updates. I am running windows xp and there is no folder in widows directory leading me to MSN explorer, as some advice to type comands like : " %windir%\$NtUninstallie7beta2$\spuninst\spuninst.exe." to get rid of it, none of it seems to work at all... PAthetic of Microsoft to stoop to ...

UK stuck with old version
This is most probably a pointless question, but here goes. I wondered why that in the UK the latest version is money 2005, where as if you live in the USA you can get money 2007. Is there many new things in money 2007 that are not in money 2005? NIK -- Remove nospam for personal reply if responding via newsgroup. I guess that the cost of converting M2007 to work for the UK was a lot greater than any potential sales! :-( See http://money.mvps.org/product/US/2007/Default.aspx for a list of M2007 features. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http:/...

Stuck Outbox
I have Vista 64 and periodically I cannot send mail. My antivirus is Trend and I have turned off the e-mail scanning function. Error message is : Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'Jessica's Phone Number?', Account: 'pop6.sympatico.ca', Server: 'smtp1.sympatico.ca', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F hay alguien de argentina? "Ken McLean" <KenMcLean@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Default Inbox/Outbox
Does anyone know how to set the default inbox and outbox to an imap folder instead of the local folder outlook sets it to? Also, I want to rearrange the listed order of my folders so that "inbox" is listed first as it is my most used fodler. Thanks, mark Mark <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know how to set the default inbox and outbox > to an imap folder instead of the local folder outlook sets > it to? I don't believe that's possible. I tried it with OL 2003 and the IMAP store was not available as the default delivery loc...

Tape Stuck in Drive
DPM 2007 refuses to let go of a tape in the drive. If I try to run a “remove tape E/I port” I get following message “Required tape resource is reserved by another task. Wait for the other task to complete, or cancel the ongoing operation. Retry the operation." The problem is that there are no other jobs running. I also tried to reboot the server and tape library but no success. I am able to unload the tape from the drive using the tape drive console but DPM refuse to acknowledge that the tape have been moved out of the drive. We experience exactly this behavior with our DELL...

I am stuck
The numbers represent rounds. So a name will go with a round (number) but some names know more than one round. Name a 1 name b 2 name c 3 name d knows round 1 and 2 name e knows round 2 and 3 Is there an automatic function that would allocate "name d" or "name e" to a round if "name a, b or c" were not available for that day? The table would look like this Name a 1 name b 2 name c 3 name d name e Say for example "name a" was not available how would "name d" get allocated to r...

Outgoing e-mail still left in outbox
Hello, Can anyone please let me know what the problem may be with my Microsoft 2000 Outlook? I have checked all of my settings, POP3, SMTP, and passwords. My account that I am using is set as the default, but my e-mails will not leave the outbox. It seems to be going through the proper actions, and says that completed the function successfully, but the e-mails are still there, and it says out to side, "None" sent! Thanks, DAj Try deleting and resending your messages. I have had this problem and usually there is one message acting as a road block. >-----Original Mess...

Exchange 2003 stuck in maintenace mode
After applying exchange SP2 the exchange server is now stuck in maintance mode. Any Ideas or how do I roll back the SP. Regards James On Mon, 7 Nov 2005 04:27:07 -0800, James Deland <JamesDeland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >After applying exchange SP2 the exchange server is now stuck in maintance mode. In ESM, properties of the server, under the monitoring tab, do you have the disable monitoring of this server checked? > >Any Ideas or how do I roll back the SP. You can't uninstall or rollback an exch service pack. > >Regards > >James ...

Stuck in a loop.
1) Outlook crashes on startup 2) Sends error report to Microsoft 3) Restarts 4) Goto 1 How do I rescue my system? I've tried the restart in 'Safe Mode' and also allowed 'Detect & Repair' to run, but to no avail. XP Home SP2 running Outlook 2002 SP3 I assume by safe mode you mean you ran OL in safe mode, and not Win. If you download and install this http://www.dependencywalker.com/ then start and run OL through it, you may get a clue as to what is causing the problem. "Ian Sweeney" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:001e01c...

Why are my emails stuck in my outbox?
Every once in a while my emails get stuck in the outbox. I deleted the outgoing email, prepared another but still the same problem. On Fri, 4 Jun 2010 18:21:58 -0700, Glen H <Glen H@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Every once in a while my emails get stuck in the outbox. I deleted the >outgoing email, prepared another but still the same problem. Under Tools, Options, Mail Setup. Is the box "Send immediately when connected" enabled? -- To reply via e-mail, remove The Obvious and .invalid from my e-mail address. ...

Outlook 2000 outbox
When I type an email an send it, it goes to my outbox, I then have to resend it a couple times before it gets sent. Any suggestions or settings I should change? Thanks Dave ...

Legends
I have data table with dates from AQ8 to BU8 and products in AP9-31. In any one particular month the factory may only make on product, however in other months it may make all 23. I would like to plot a graph of this data that updates automatically - dynamic ranges. As a result I have a graph that can move between one and 23 rows of data to plot (series), each with its associated series name shown in the legend. I have tried looking at Jon Peltiers website, C Pearson and several questions on this discussion forum - no solution seems evident. Plotting the data is no problem but getting...

Emails stuck in "Pending Send" state
Whenever emails are sent out from CRM using a Quick Campaign, they stay in the "Pending Send" state forever. In the past, we've been able to solve this simply by restarting the email router service, but as of a month ago that's not working anymore. We have 2 exchange servers in a cluster, and I've tried both... no luck. There are no errors in the event log on either the Exchange server or the CRM server. Joshua, 1. Under which user account are the quick campaigns being sent? 2. Does Send Email work for that user? 3. Does that user's profile properly have their...

Outlook 2007 woes
Hi, I have had a lot of grief with my Outlook 2007 - periodically it freezes. When I try to kill the process, and restart, it keeps getting stuck at "updating cached messages (250/xxxx)". Everytime it is the magic number 250. I have to kill and restart a few times (today has been more than 10, hence this message), and then on one of these tries, it seems to get over the hurdle and I am able to use it. This usable period lasts for a few days/couple of weeks, and then I am back to the same kill/restart/kill/restart routine to get it going. My Outlook 2007 on one of these occasions ga...

Can't delete message from outbox or inbox
I tried to delete an email from Outbox. When I do I get the message "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook" I restart Outlook, restart the computer, but still get the same message. If I try to move the message I also get an error. If I try to dismiss a calendar reminder, I get the same error. I try to delete from the Inbox and get the same error. Any idea what could be going on? Thanks for any help, Huck Have you tried running a Detect and Repair? Have you tried clearing = your forms cache? What version...

Email is not creating in outbox nor in sent item
I use ms word mail merge to send email from outlook. It was working fine long time but problem started here 1. When I added new pst file so that i can add another personal folder so that i can use two email address and keep each email address correpounding email in seperate personal folder 2. As soon as I created another personal folder, I started MS word Mail merge wizard. It was working fine till last step, even it is showing that it is creating email. 3. But when I looked to outlook it is not showing even single email in outbox folder. nor in sent item. 4. I just deleted that add...

Email getting stuck in Outbox
Using MS Outlook 2003, Comcast.net is my ISP and I have McAfee Personal Firewall plus installed on my Dell XP. Looking for assistance as my emails with pic's and normal outgoing emails are getting stuck in the outbox file and it is continuing to try to send it then I get a "Potential Worm Activity Detected pop-up from McAfee. The attachments are less than 2mg too. Please help... Thanks... Paul Paul Yanakakis <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Using MS Outlook 2003, Comcast.net is my ISP and I have > McAfee Personal Firewall plus installed on my Dell XP...

Change Calendar Time Zone gets stuck
Hi, I've got one user for whom the Change Calendar Time Zone process keeps getting stuck. This is the Outlook Time Zone Update Tool found here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e343a233-b9c8-4652-9dd8-ae0f1af62568&DisplayLang=en I've tried it on different workstations, it always gets stuck somewhere in the middle of updating 2300 appointments. We're using Outlook 2003 on XP Pro, SP 2 workstations that are fully patched. Small Business Server 2003 (Exchange Server 2003). Many thanks in advance, Matthew Did you use the official DST patch? -...

Outbox on Outlook
When I type a letter in Word and then try to email it directly from that program, it sends the letter over to Outlook and it sits in my Outbox without being sent until I open it up and click on send. Is there a way to set this up so it automatically will send all mail in the Outbox??? Nate <Nate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I type a letter in Word and then try to email it directly from > that program, it sends the letter over to Outlook and it sits in my > Outbox without being sent until I open it up and click on send. Is > there a way to set this up so it ...

sent messages stuck in outbox
Hi, I'm frustrated trying to figure out why my sent messages don't go to the sent mail folder. instead, they just stay in my outbox. this is a relatively recent phenomenon and I want it to stop. I'm using outlook 2000 and windows 2000. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ Hi: Try checking the tools/options/prefences/email options: Be sure that there is a check in the box by "Saved copi...

Hmm Stuck...
I have a file on excel that contains many text entries of peoples names..... A10 has Ken in it A11 has Bill in it A12 has Alan in it etc etc etc.... I want to copy these names over to K10 K11 K12.............. The first column is set for text......but i tried the autosum and told it that K10 = A10,,,,i thought it would just copy the text of the persons name but it didnt, it just has =SUM(A10) in the cell. What am I doing wrong? I'm sure there must be a simple solution ...

Send errors on old mail message no longer in Outbox
I made a mistake setting up my account and mistyped my sender address. Before I discovered it I'd tried to send 3 mails. I fixed the problem and successfully sent new messages but I keep getting repeating errors on the "old invalid" messages still trying to send -- they didn't pick up the correction and they are NOT in my OUTBOX anymore. How do I stop Mail from trying to resend these over and over? I've come down, turned off computer, etc but everytime I bring LiVE Mail up it's starts to resend these again -- continually getting messages. Interesti...

Stuck on Call Progress window
I have no idea how it happened but Money no longer performs internet updates, and when I prompt it to perform an update manually, the Call progress window appears and then remains for EVER. It basically locks up Money. I downloaded a trial of Money 2004 and the problem remains. Any ideas? Thanks, Fraser In microsoft.public.money, Fraser wrote: >I have no idea how it happened but Money no longer performs internet >updates, and when I prompt it to perform an update manually, the Call >progress window appears and then remains for EVER. It basically locks up >Money. Is "fo...

How do I delete an item from the outbox?
Outlook 2003 has been trying to send a message with an attachement for about a week now. The attachement is 80mb and I just want to delete it, but it wont let me. does anyone have any ideas? Waht do you mean by "it won't let" you? I think with an 80 mb attachment, performing any function would take a long time (including deleting it). You might try opening the message from your outbox, deleting the attachment, and then deleting the message. >-----Original Message----- >Outlook 2003 has been trying to send a message with an attachement for about >a week now. The...

Stuck messages
Looks like a lot of people have the same problem of large messages not leaving their mail boxes. Anyone have an answer - it's driving me crazy!! Thanks Corinne Corinne, As an engineer, I have come across this many a times. Some solutions have and some haven't. It seems to be a protocol related issue (between NT kernel and Outlook/IE/OE) Suggestions: 1. Try another SMTP server 2. Increase the server time-out value in your account settings 3. Change the MTU value in registry for adapter http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/280/ 4. Try with Outbound mail scanning disab...