Security in Windows Mail

I was having trouble responding to request for "user name and password" so
closed the account and started a new one - but still the same trouble!!!
Here is the error message --- COULD NOT PASTE!!!

? I don't see an error message.
The web interface you are using will only allow you to paste text.
Make sure you are not attempting to paste an image.

Who is your mail service provider? Do you have an existing=20
email address? If so, what is the part of your email address after
the @ symbol?=20

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"babil29" <babil29@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
>I was having trouble responding to request for "user name and password" =
so=20
> closed the account and started a new one - but still the same =
trouble!!!
> Here is the error message --- COULD NOT PASTE!!!
0
Gary
4/28/2010 12:46:00 AM
Try going to Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Servers and set your
username and password there and check the box so that it remembers it and
then see if it works.

steve

"babil29" <babil29@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I was having trouble responding to request for "user name and password" so
> closed the account and started a new one - but still the same trouble!!!
> Here is the error message --- COULD NOT PASTE!!!

0
Steve
4/28/2010 2:02:44 PM
 Having similar issue. This is the error message I get.

Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'pop3.live.com', Protocol: POP3, Server
Response: '-ERR authentication failed', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server
Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

"babil29" wrote:

> I was having trouble responding to request for "user name and password" so
> closed the account and started a new one - but still the same trouble!!!
> Here is the error message --- COULD NOT PASTE!!!
First, test your password by logging in to your provider's webmail:
http://mail.live.com or http://hotmail.com.=20
If that works, it proves you have the correct username and password.
A likely reason for the username/password failing in Windows Mail is=20
account corruption. One thing you should try as a possible quick fix is
to delete that corrupted mail account, restart Windows Mail, then=20
recreate that account.

If that doesn't fix it, more drastic measures will have to be taken.
Which antivirus are you running?
As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off,=20
although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects.
In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be uninstalled.

If turning off the email scanning function does not resolve your =
problem,
consider upgrading to Windows Live Mail, because it is less prone to=20
suffering bad effects from overly aggressive antivirus programs.
http://download.live.com/wlmail

Email scanning in any antivirus must be disabled, for reasons=20
explained here:
http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tutorials/email-scanning/index.htm=20

"Keithman" <Keithman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
> Having similar issue. This is the error message I get.
>=20
> Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'pop3.live.com', Protocol: POP3, =
Server=20
> Response: '-ERR authentication failed', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, =
Server=20
> Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92
>=20
> "babil29" wrote:
>=20
>> I was having trouble responding to request for "user name and =
password" so=20
>> closed the account and started a new one - but still the same =
trouble!!!
>> Here is the error message --- COULD NOT PASTE!!!
0
Gary
4/29/2010 7:42:05 PM
I deleted and restarted Windows Mail. Now i'm receiving this error message.

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server:
'pop3.live.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error:
10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

>I deleted and restarted Windows Mail. Now i'm receiving this error message.
>
> The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server:
> 'pop3.live.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error:
> 10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry

Check out the Advanced tab of your account for the correct Port number to
use.

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

mac
4/30/2010 12:51:14 AM
I checked the Advanced tab on my account, the Port Number is 110.

>I checked the Advanced tab on my account, the Port Number is 110.

I could see that from here, that is why I gave you the link to the correct
settings, to change it too.

http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry

POP server: pop3.live.com (Port 995)
POP SSL required? Yes
User name: Your Windows Live ID, for example yourname@hotmail.com
Password: The password you usually use to sign in to Hotmail or Windows Live
SMTP server: smtp.live.com (Port 25 or 587)
Authentication required? Yes (this matches your POP username and password)
TLS/SSL required? Yes

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

mac
4/30/2010 9:13:11 AM
PARDON ME!!! I missed it!!! I made the suggested changes. This is the
response I get. I'm getting really tired of dealing with this!!!

 Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'pop3.live.com', Protocol: POP3, Server
Response: '-ERR command not implemented', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server
Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18

> PARDON ME!!! I missed it!!! I made the suggested changes. This is the
> response I get. I'm getting really tired of dealing with this!!!
>
> Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'pop3.live.com', Protocol: POP3, Server
> Response: '-ERR command not implemented', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes,
> Server
> Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18

On the Server tab of the account, from the link:

Ensure that log on using Secure password Authentication is not checked.
Put a check in outgoing server requires Authentication>apply>ok

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

mac
4/30/2010 3:03:22 PM
I did what was suggested and this is the response.

"mac" wrote:

> "Keithman" <Keithman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > PARDON ME!!! I missed it!!! I made the suggested changes. This is the
> > response I get. I'm getting really tired of dealing with this!!!
> >
> > Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'pop3.live.com', Protocol: POP3, Server
> > Response: '-ERR command not implemented', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes,
> > Server
> > Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18
>
> On the Server tab of the account, from the link:
>
> Ensure that log on using Secure password Authentication is not checked.
> Put a check in outgoing server requires Authentication>apply>ok
>
> --
> Regards Steve.
> MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.
> http://www.getsafeonline.org/
> http://www.microsoft.com/uk/citizenship/safeandsecure/parentadvice/default.mspx
>
> .

At least all your settings are correct now.  :-)

Test your password by logging in to your provider's webmail:
http://hotmail.com or http://mail.live.com.
If that works, it proves you have the correct username and password.
Assuming webmail access is normal, but it continues to fail in
Windows Mail:  Which antivirus are you running?

>I did what was suggested and this is the response.
>=20
> Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'pop3.live.com', Protocol: POP3, =
Server=20
> Response: '-ERR authentication failed', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, =
Server=20
> Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92
>=20
> "mac" wrote:
>=20
>>=20
>> "Keithman" <Keithman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message=20
>> > PARDON ME!!! I missed it!!! I made the suggested changes. This is =
the
>> > response I get. I'm getting really tired of dealing with this!!!
>> >
>> > Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'pop3.live.com', Protocol: POP3, =
Server
>> > Response: '-ERR command not implemented', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): =
Yes,=20
>> > Server
>> > Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18
>>=20
>> On the Server tab of the account, from the link:
>>=20
>> Ensure that log on using Secure password Authentication is not =
checked.
>> Put a check in outgoing server requires Authentication>apply>ok
>>=20
>> --=20
>> Regards Steve.
>> MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.
>> http://www.getsafeonline.org/
>> =
http://www.microsoft.com/uk/citizenship/safeandsecure/parentadvice/defaul=
t.mspx=20
>>=20
>> .

0
Gary
4/30/2010 5:45:44 PM
I use neither of the highlighted provders. My provider is Qwest. We are
dealing with Windows Mail not Windows Live Mail. My security is provided by
Norton 360 Premier. I tried turning off email scanning. Nothing changed. I
was not comfortable with that. I read the tutorial. Still not comfortable
with it. I'm receiving this message.

"Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:

> At least all your settings are correct now.  :-)
>
> Test your password by logging in to your provider's webmail:
> http://hotmail.com or http://mail.live.com.
> If that works, it proves you have the correct username and password.
> Assuming webmail access is normal, but it continues to fail in
> Windows Mail:  Which antivirus are you running?
> As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off,
> although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects.
> In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be uninstalled.
>
> Email scanning in any antivirus must be disabled, for reasons
> explained here:
> http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tutorials/email-scanning/index.htm

> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>

> "Keithman" <Keithman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:81AB1628-7000-4666-9859-365BD6711B91@microsoft.com...
> >I did what was suggested and this is the response.
> >
> > Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'pop3.live.com', Protocol: POP3, Server
> > Response: '-ERR authentication failed', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server
> > Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92
> >
> > "mac" wrote:
> >

> >> "Keithman" <Keithman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> On the Server tab of the account, from the link:
> >>
> >> Ensure that log on using Secure password Authentication is not checked.
> >> Put a check in outgoing server requires Authentication>apply>ok
> >>
> >> --
> >> Regards Steve.
> >> MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.
> >> http://www.getsafeonline.org/
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/uk/citizenship/safeandsecure/parentadvice/default.mspx
> >>
> >> .
> >>
> .

Then why are you trying to access the Hotmail/Live email servers?
If you need to access a Qwest email account, you need to use Qwest's email
servers.
http://www.qwest.net/help/roaming.html#config

--
Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)

> I use neither of the highlighted provders. My provider is Qwest. We are
> dealing with Windows Mail not Windows Live Mail. My security is provided
> by
> Norton 360 Premier. I tried turning off email scanning. Nothing changed. I
> was not comfortable with that. I read the tutorial. Still not comfortable
> with it. I'm receiving this message.
>
> Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'pop3.live.com', Protocol: POP3, Server
> Response: '-ERR authentication failed', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes,
> Server
> Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92
>

> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> At least all your settings are correct now.  :-)
>>
>> Test your password by logging in to your provider's webmail:
>> http://hotmail.com or http://mail.live.com.
>> If that works, it proves you have the correct username and password.
>> Assuming webmail access is normal, but it continues to fail in
>> Windows Mail:  Which antivirus are you running?
>> As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off,
>> although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects.
>> In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be uninstalled.
>>
>> Email scanning in any antivirus must be disabled, for reasons
>> explained here:
>> http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tutorials/email-scanning/index.htm
>>
>> --
>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>>

>> "Keithman" <Keithman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I did what was suggested and this is the response.
>> >
>> > Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'pop3.live.com', Protocol: POP3,
>> > Server
>> > Response: '-ERR authentication failed', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes,
>> > Server
>> > Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

>> .

0
Dave
4/30/2010 7:50:17 PM
I am not trying to access the Hotmail/Live email servers intentionally. I
attempted to check my email Tuesday (4/27) evening and the previous message
appears on my screen. I cannot send or receive emails. All I get is that
friggin' message. I AM NOT DOING ANY OF THIS INTENTIONALLY!!!!!

"Dave" wrote:

> Then why are you trying to access the Hotmail/Live email servers?
> If you need to access a Qwest email account, you need to use Qwest's email
> servers.
> http://www.qwest.net/help/roaming.html#config
>

> --
> Dave N.
> MS-MVP (Mail)
> Windows 7  Ultimate
> http://download.live.com/wlmail
>

> "Keithman" <Keithman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I use neither of the highlighted provders. My provider is Qwest. We are
> > dealing with Windows Mail not Windows Live Mail. My security is provided
> > by
> > Norton 360 Premier. I tried turning off email scanning. Nothing changed. I
> > was not comfortable with that. I read the tutorial. Still not comfortable
> > with it. I'm receiving this message.
> >
> > Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'pop3.live.com', Protocol: POP3, Server
> > Response: '-ERR authentication failed', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes,
> > Server
> > Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92
> >

> > "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> At least all your settings are correct now.  :-)
> >>
> >> Test your password by logging in to your provider's webmail:
> >> http://hotmail.com or http://mail.live.com.
> >> If that works, it proves you have the correct username and password.
> >> Assuming webmail access is normal, but it continues to fail in
> >> Windows Mail:  Which antivirus are you running?
> >> As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off,
> >> although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects.
> >> In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be uninstalled.
> >>
> >> Email scanning in any antivirus must be disabled, for reasons
> >> explained here:
> >> http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tutorials/email-scanning/index.htm
> >>
> >> --
> >> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
> >> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
> >>

> >> "Keithman" <Keithman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .
> >>
> .

The pop3live login window appears when i attemp to view my email. when i
close it out i get the message in the previous posts.

"Keithman" wrote:

> I am not trying to access the Hotmail/Live email servers intentionally. I
> attempted to check my email Tuesday (4/27) evening and the previous message
> appears on my screen. I cannot send or receive emails. All I get is that
> friggin' message. I AM NOT DOING ANY OF THIS INTENTIONALLY!!!!!
>
> "Dave" wrote:
>
> > Then why are you trying to access the Hotmail/Live email servers?
> > If you need to access a Qwest email account, you need to use Qwest's email
> > servers.
> > http://www.qwest.net/help/roaming.html#config
> >

> > --
> > Dave N.
> > MS-MVP (Mail)
> > Windows 7  Ultimate
> > http://download.live.com/wlmail
> >

> > "Keithman" <Keithman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I use neither of the highlighted provders. My provider is Qwest. We are
> > > dealing with Windows Mail not Windows Live Mail. My security is provided
> > > by
> > > Norton 360 Premier. I tried turning off email scanning. Nothing changed. I
> > > was not comfortable with that. I read the tutorial. Still not comfortable
> > > with it. I'm receiving this message.
> > >
> > > Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'pop3.live.com', Protocol: POP3, Server
> > > Response: '-ERR authentication failed', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes,
> > > Server
> > > Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

> > .

Well, you or someone entered that server info.  It doesn't enter itself.

If you don't use Hotmail/Live, then remove those accounts.

Open Windows Mail, click on Tools - Accounts - highlight the "pop3.live.com"
account, click on Remove
Then click on Add... and enter the settings to access your Qwest account.

--
Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)

> I am not trying to access the Hotmail/Live email servers intentionally. I
> attempted to check my email Tuesday (4/27) evening and the previous
> message
> appears on my screen. I cannot send or receive emails. All I get is that
> friggin' message. I AM NOT DOING ANY OF THIS INTENTIONALLY!!!!!
>
> "Dave" wrote:
>
>> Then why are you trying to access the Hotmail/Live email servers?
>> If you need to access a Qwest email account, you need to use Qwest's
>> email
>> servers.
>> http://www.qwest.net/help/roaming.html#config
>>

>> --
>> Dave N.
>> MS-MVP (Mail)
>> Windows 7  Ultimate
>> http://download.live.com/wlmail
>>

>> "Keithman" <Keithman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I use neither of the highlighted provders. My provider is Qwest. We are
>> > dealing with Windows Mail not Windows Live Mail. My security is
>> > provided
>> > by
>> > Norton 360 Premier. I tried turning off email scanning. Nothing
>> > changed. I
>> > was not comfortable with that. I read the tutorial. Still not
>> > comfortable
>> > with it. I'm receiving this message.
>> >
>> > Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'pop3.live.com', Protocol: POP3,
>> > Server
>> > Response: '-ERR authentication failed', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes,
>> > Server
>> > Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92

>> .

0
Dave
4/30/2010 10:22:31 PM
First off... I want to appologize for yelling. I was very frustrated. I went
to Qwest.com and used their troubleshooting suggestions. According to them I
probably received an email that corrupted the account. It was suggested that
I go to my Live account and delete all current emails. I did that. No joy.
Then I did as was suggested here and removed the account. Then I added an
account like I was starting over per Qwest instructions. So far so good. At
least it's starting up normally. Again my APPOLOGIES for yelling. Thanks for
all of your help.

Thanks!!! Have A Great Day!!! Keith

> First off... I want to appologize for yelling. I was very frustrated. I
> went
> to Qwest.com and used their troubleshooting suggestions. According to them
> probably received an email that corrupted the account. It was suggested
> that
> I go to my Live account and delete all current emails. I did that. No joy.
> Then I did as was suggested here and removed the account. Then I added an
> account like I was starting over per Qwest instructions. So far so good.
> At
> least it's starting up normally. Again my APPOLOGIES for yelling. Thanks
> for
> all of your help.
>
> Thanks!!! Have A Great Day!!! Keith

"PARDON ME!!! I missed it!!!"

Apology accepted for your earlier yelling also.

Pleased to hear that you got your Quest account working, but why did you try
to set up, or even what happened to your .live account?

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

mac
5/1/2010 12:56:40 AM
I said noting about Windows Live Mail, so I don't know why you brought
that up.=20
Your error message shows you are accessing a server named pop3.live.com.
That server is operated by Hotmail and is only used with email addresses =
in=20
the 'Live' family. Qwest farms out some of its email services to =
Hotmail/Live,
particularly the @q.com email addresses. See
http://www.qwest.com/internethelp/email/pdf/ts_wlm_msn.pdf
My previous advice still stands.
--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Keithman" <Keithman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
>I use neither of the highlighted provders. My provider is Qwest. We are =

> dealing with Windows Mail not Windows Live Mail. My security is =
provided by=20
> Norton 360 Premier. I tried turning off email scanning. Nothing =
changed. I=20
> was not comfortable with that. I read the tutorial. Still not =
comfortable=20
> with it. I'm receiving this message.
>=20
> Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'pop3.live.com', Protocol: POP3, =
Server=20
> Response: '-ERR authentication failed', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, =
Server=20
> Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92
>=20
>=20
> "Gary VanderMolen [MVP]" wrote:
>=20
>> At least all your settings are correct now.  :-)
>>=20
>> Test your password by logging in to your provider's webmail:
>> http://hotmail.com or http://mail.live.com.
>> If that works, it proves you have the correct username and password.
>> Assuming webmail access is normal, but it continues to fail in
>> Windows Mail:  Which antivirus are you running?
>> As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus must be turned off,=20
>> although that may not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects.
>> In a worst case scenario, your antivirus may need to be uninstalled.
>>=20
>> Email scanning in any antivirus must be disabled, for reasons=20
>> explained here:
>> http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tutorials/email-scanning/index.htm=20
>>=20
>> --=20
>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>> Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
>>=20
>>=20
>> "Keithman" <Keithman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
>> >I did what was suggested and this is the response.
>> >=20
>> > Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'pop3.live.com', Protocol: POP3, =
Server=20
>> > Response: '-ERR authentication failed', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): =
Yes, Server=20
>> > Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92
>> >=20
>> > "mac" wrote:
>> >=20

POP3, Server
Secure(SSL): Yes,=20
http://www.microsoft.com/uk/citizenship/safeandsecure/parentadvice/defaul=
t.mspx=20

>> .

0
Gary
5/2/2010 1:29:59 AM
Qwest has some three different mail services. We would have been able
to help the OP much quicker if he had disclosed the part of his email=20
address after the @ symbol, probably @q.com, in which case the=20
following setup instructions apply:
http://www.qwest.com/internethelp/email/pdf/mail_wlm_qcom.pdf

" mac" <macknever@fsmail.net> wrote in message =
>=20
> "Keithman" <Keithman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message=20
>> First off... I want to appologize for yelling. I was very frustrated. =
I=20
>> went
>> to Qwest.com and used their troubleshooting suggestions. According to =
them=20
>> probably received an email that corrupted the account. It was =
suggested=20
>> that
>> I go to my Live account and delete all current emails. I did that. No =
joy.
>> Then I did as was suggested here and removed the account. Then I =
added an
>> account like I was starting over per Qwest instructions. So far so =
good.=20
>> At
>> least it's starting up normally. Again my APPOLOGIES for yelling. =
Thanks=20
>> for
>> all of your help.
>>
>> Thanks!!! Have A Great Day!!! Keith
>=20
> "PARDON ME!!! I missed it!!!"
>=20
> Apology accepted for your earlier yelling also.
>=20
> Pleased to hear that you got your Quest account working, but why did =
you try=20
> to set up, or even what happened to your .live account?
>=20
>=20
> --=20
> Regards Steve.
> MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.
> http://www.getsafeonline.org/
> =
http://www.microsoft.com/uk/citizenship/safeandsecure/parentadvice/defaul=
t.mspx=20

0
Gary

Windows Server 2008 Task Scheduler Not Running Macro
Hello: Sigh..........I spent the whole day configuring macros to run inventory reconcile for three companies. When I run each macro through the GP shortcut that I configured for each one, they run perfectly.....PERFECTLY! But, the Windows Server 2008 Task Scheduler does not like something. I need to use task scheduler unfortunately to run these macros overnight, otherwise the work that I spent a whole Sunday conducting is worthless. My guess is that it is the Actions tab of the Basic Task in Windows Scheduler does not understand the GP Shortcut that runs my macro. Here is the path...

Setup unable to register security service
I am attempting to install CRM v1.2 onto a W2K3 server that is also running Exch2K3 and also SharePoint Portal 2K3. I did not see anything written anywhere saying that this could not be accomplished. The installation seems to be okay (the databases are created, etc.) except for the issue with "registering" the CRMSecurityService service. I'm not exactly sure why this is happening, but there is also a message stating "Access Denied". I am logged in as a user with Domain Admin as well as Local Admin authority. I have a feeling if someone could tell me how to...

Hiding Excel window's scrollbars

Mail views: "flagged" turns yellow
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop In the Mail Views, the flagged mail view appears in a yellow colour although no the items in the flagged category have been given the yellow colour. How to put category of &quot;flagged&quot; to none? On 2/1/10 11:33 PM, in article 59bb215f.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Ellimac@officeformac.com" <Ellimac@officeformac.com> wrote: > In the Mail Views, the flagged mail view appears in a yellow colour although > no the items in the flagged category have been given th...

e-mails not downloading
I have had wmail for about 2 months and I hate it. About a week ago I added another e-mail account to the wmail profile and since then things haven't been the same. It worked correctly for about a day. I have since deleted the 2nd e-mail account. Now, the e-mails I have been receiving to my first account are showing up intermittently. I know some are missing because I get them on my blackberry also. They go from the primary mail server to both the bb and wmail. That server is set to leave them on the server. Some go to the W Mail "Quick Mail: unread e-mail" f...

pls help one of my accounts does not recieve e-mail
i have variou accounts configured in my outlook express,and all of them recieve mails except one. i just would like to know if that is more likely to be a server's side problem or a client in this case my computer.... any imput would be much appreciated. thank u. ...

bp server and e-mailing server lowest price Waiting for u
We have been supplying BP server and mailing server since 1999. All of these servers have been entered into main USA,Canada,Europen and other counteries. Believe in us,we had been the best BP server and mailing server facilitator we continuously improve our product /service system and truly value all your suggestions and comments. Balance is the most important princible of us(big smile to u) Bullet Proof servers: 4 IPs 1024MB RAM DDR P4 2.4 CPU 80 GB Dedicated 100 M fiber Unlimited Data Transfer Linux/Windows/FreeBSD &nbsp; price:$ 500 mailing server 64 IPs 2G RAM DDR P4 2.4 80 GB Linux/...

Windows Vista recovery disk making question.
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this but I am desperate. The wife has a box with 64bit Vista and someone ran a registery cleaner on it and cleaned the registery so clean that the system would not start windows. It went through the screen that gave the choices for set-up, recovery, etc then the safe, normal, etc start screen and regardless of what chose it would go dark and windows would never start but the activity light would keep flickering showing it was trying to do something. I took it in and repair used the recovery disk to set it back to factory setup!! :-( Que...

GP9.0 Advanced Security Issues
We are working on our migration from GP7.5 to GP9.0 and we are running into issues with the security settings. After doing the upgrade, we notice that several of the permissions in Advanced Security are messed up, both for customized and non-customized forms. Because we are doing a couple of test migrations in a testing environment, we can spend the time now to go through the Advanced Security form by form for all classes. However, we would like to be able to export these settings from the test environment so that we can import them into our live GP once we've upgraded to GP9.0. We ...

Can't Configure MSN Mail Account
I was having problems with the send/receive function in Outlook, so went to Tools/Account Settings (for some reason, Mail doesn't appear in Control Panel). I deleted the old MSN mail account and tried to add it back in. It failed on the "Log on to Server" test. I reset the password and tried again. Same result. I uninstalled Office (including Outlook) and deleted all Office registry entries I could find (HKLocalMachine and HKLocalUser). Reinstalled Office 2007, with the same results as above. Worse, it remembered my settings. How do I get my email accoun...

empty mail
Hello, the problem with the empty Mail had I frequently under OLXP, but now under 2003 it becomes more badly. Thus from time to time (in the meantime several times daily) lands in my post office entrance at the mailserver a mail, which does not contain except these lines. Received: by breakeven.de (MTSPro MTSAgent 1.59) ; Thu, 03 Jul 04 01:02:37 +0200 for <bwa11-015@eudatabase.de> Received: from aol.com (64.12.187.24, Peer IP=[218.27.86.196]) by breakeven.de (MTSPro MTSSmtp 1.59); Thu, 03 Jul 04 01:00:29 +0200 for <nospam@eudatabase.de> This Mail cannot read Outlook obvi...

directing mail into different folders based on TO Address
I have two mail accounts say Bill1 and Bill2. I have created 2 folder in my inbox, Bill1 and Bill2. How do I create a rule that says that mailed addressed to Bill1 goes into Bill1 and so forth? In article <elmxb90vDHA.2260@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, w_gower@hotmail.com says... |I have two mail accounts say Bill1 and Bill2. I have created 2 folder in my |inbox, Bill1 and Bill2. How do I create a rule that says that mailed |addressed to Bill1 goes into Bill1 and so forth? | | | Have you tried going through the New Rule Wizard? It's pretty straightforward and basic. ...

Notes to Exchange Migration
We are migrating from Notes to Exchange. First off, i should tell you that i was not involved in the Notes Implementation years ago. Now i am implementing a new instance of Exchange 2003, and i have never had any experience with Exchange in the past. Ok, now that thats out of the way. I am using the Newest Connector from MS, and I have everything set up, and Exchange is sending mail properly to outside addresses. But the Directories are not syncing as they should. I have 2 mailboxes: mail1.box, and Mail2.box ((of course the original mail.box file still exists)) Which mailbox should i p...

How to open various Excel files on its on windows like Word do?
-- Benny Tools>Options>View>Windows In Taskbar Make sure 'Windows In Taskbar' is checked. HTH, -- Gary Brown gary_brown@ge_NOSPAM.com If this post was helpful, please click the ''Yes'' button next to ''Was this Post Helpfull to you?''. "Benny" wrote: > > -- > Benny ...

Windows restore does not work at all
I fix a restore point but when I try to restore from it I always get a message '... cannot be restored to' ... followed by the restore point name. John On Sun, 17 Jan 2010 22:21:01 -0800, John wrote: > I fix a restore point but when I try to restore from it I always get a > message '... cannot be restored to' ... followed by the restore point > name. > > John Turn off any anti-virus/malware programs, particularly if it's Norton's, a known problem, before trying restore. Stef What anti-virus application or security suite is insta...

OWA - Windows 7
Hi Any one help me with this... I have an SBS 2003 server, and my users access their email via OWA (Outlook Web Access)... All works fine with XP, but when someone logs in externally to OWA with Windows 7 or Vista, they cannot put any text in the entry field of the replies..., there is just a red cross in the top corner of the input box... I've looked around the web and all the stuff I find seems to be to do with Exchange 2003 and not Exchange under SBS 2003.... Can any one tell me what I need to install or do to fix the problem...? Thanks in advance.... On M...

can't modify xp local security policy
I have a computer which was in our domain. I put it back to Workgroup and want to change its local security settings. But when launched Local Security Policy under Administrative Tools it showed a lock on Security Settings icon. Also got a lock on Account Policies and Local Policies. I only can view the settings not to change. I believe it's due to GPO from our domain. How can I remove/disable the GPO or get around so I can modify the local security policy. I'm logged in as local admin. I don't want to make any changes to the domain GPO. Thanks. "C...

Windows 7 64-bit, Code 80070103, ATK0110 ACPI Utility error
Hello, Windows Update want to install a Update called "ATK - system - ATK0110 ACPI Utility", but it failed with the error Code 80070103. What can I do? Which driver is it? Have I download from the manufactor? Which manufactur is it? Questions. Questions. Questions. ;) Same problem with me too. Have tried multiple times and get the same error message. First time it's happened too. "Rex75" wrote: > Hello, > > Windows Update want to install a Update called "ATK - system - ATK0110 ACPI > Utility", but it failed with the erro...

notifyicon and context menu on windows service
Dear All : I encounter the problem on create windows service program I have create c# class jobservice the code as below : partial class sampleService : ServiceBase { private System.Windows.Forms.NotifyIcon TheIcon; private System.Windows.Forms.ContextMenu TheMenu; private System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem TheMenuItem; private System.ComponentModel.IContainer components; static void Main() { ServiceBase.Run(new sampleService()); } public sampleService() { this.ServiceName = &...

Mail Relay from MFC device
We're in a Exchange 2003 Environment and have server MFC devices that has the ability to scan documents to emails. We have setup the Exchange to accept relay from these specific IP address to allow our end user to scan documents to themself. However, we do not want them to be able to scan documents to anyone external to our Exchange Organization. Is there a way to setup Exchange to allow a particular device send email to only people in the GAL and discards any emails sent to an external address? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 11:06:29 -0800, ...

Windows Installer comes up unexpectantly
I hope someone can shine a little light on this.....for some reason from time to time, when I try to open a program (almost always an OFFICE app), the Windows Installer routine will come up instead. When I finally am able to cancel the installer, and try to open the app again, the Installer program trys to start again. Has anyone else had this problem ? The only way I have found around this is to reboot my system. Thanks. "GJB" <GJB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:907283A3-BA06-41A3-9540-751D12AB0E73@microsoft.com... >I hope someone can shine a l...

how do i set up outlook to use my yahoo mail box
i have been trying to set up outlook 2003 to read my mail from yahoo but i am not able to connect to the mail server any help would be appreciated. What happens when you try and have you followed the directions from Yahoo's help site? Might help in diagnosing your issue(s) "Betre" <Betre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45DB4AEB-D230-4774-BB3F-7E77CF02491D@microsoft.com... > i have been trying to set up outlook 2003 to read my mail from yahoo but > i > am not able to connect to the mail server any help would be appreciated. Betre wrote: ...

BUG-FIX: Windows SBS 2003 Update Services Gives Error: The Element Already Exists in the Collection
Windows SBS 2003 Update Services Gives Error: The Element Already Exists in the Collection http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2010/04/14/windows-sbs-2003-update-services-gives-error-the-element-already-exists-in-the-collection.aspx -- Tobias Redelberger StarNET Services (HomeOffice) Frankfurter Allee 193 D-10365 Berlin Tel: +49 (30) 86 87 02 678 Mobil: +49 (163) 84 74 421 Email: T.Redelberger@starnet-services.net Web: http://www.starnet-services.net ...

Mail Merge VBA Coding Access-->Word 2002
I am creating a mail merge to Word via Access. I am using template documents, which solves most problems associated with the project. However, the templates need to have a paragraph added if the letter is for a doctor or another paragraph if it is for the patient. I've got the Word macro code working just fine, but I need the code to run within Access (references are set in the Access code window). The macro 'tells' Word to move to the 32nd paragraph and insert the appropriate text (saved as a variable in the code). Again, the macro works, but one cannot just paste the code int...

display marked security roles and tasks in GP 10.0
It would be a big help in troubleshooting setups if a user could choose to display only marked security roles and tasks in each series. Having to wade through all of the choices looking for the checkboxes is pretty time-consuming, and the checkboxes are easy to miss. -- BrianB ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsread...