Renaming your password

I wanted to ask if someone could tell me if it is possible to rename your
password?  I would like to keep my existing e-mail accounts, and all of  my
folders and saved information.  However, I  was told that if someone knows
my password and e-mail address, they can access my account from any other
computer, anywhere.   So, is there some way to handle this without losing
the small group of links and e-mail boxes, etc. without bailing out?

0
Cassandra

To change your email account password, contact the account provider, or
check their website for assistance.

--
Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)

"Cassandra" <mommapomma1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I wanted to ask if someone could tell me if it is possible to rename your
> password?  I would like to keep my existing e-mail accounts, and all of
> my folders and saved information.  However, I  was told that if someone
> knows my password and e-mail address, they can access my account from any
> other computer, anywhere.   So, is there some way to handle this without
> losing the small group of links and e-mail boxes, etc. without bailing
> out?

0
Dave

about Password
Hello~~ ^^ I wrote out a document and stored it. And I locked the document with personal code number(password). Now I`d like to open the document. But I can`t becouse I completely forget the password. Dear! Please, let me know what I have to do! I am waiting for your quick answer. See http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/fileandvbapwords.html In article <Op40jvpUFHA.4056@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl>, "�����" <cks0404@hanmail.net> wrote: > I wrote out a document and stored it. > > And I locked the document with personal code > number(password). > > ...

Exchange Rate Table, System Password?
One of our Great Plains consultants is telling us that the system password is needed in order for users to access the exchange rate table in Great Plains, obviously I don't want to share the system password with our end users. Is our consultant correct? He wrote: "I tried putting the exchange table rate entry window some place you could get to it without needing the system password, but it looks like I can't. So there's no way for you to enter the british pounds or euro rates without having to enter the system password." Sergio, I set up the multicurrency on our com...

Rename Server
I was would like to know if it is possible to rename a server on which Exchange 2000 has been install onto, would this have an effect on exchange wayne The Exchange services won't start after a server rename. Build a new server with the new name and move the mailboxes to it. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/ "WB" <wmb2003@zoom.co.uk> wrote in message news:u5TGyDCpGHA.2360@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I was would like to know if it is possible to rename a server on which >Exchange 2000 has been install onto, would this have ...

Passwords
I am setting up an online banking account for Wells Fargo. Wells Fargo requires a 5 - 8 letter password but Money will only let me input 1 4 letter password so I can't set it up. Is there any way to get around this? In microsoft.public.money, Bill wrote: >I am setting up an online banking account for Wells >Fargo. Wells Fargo requires a 5 - 8 letter password but >Money will only let me input 1 4 letter password so I >can't set it up. Is there any way to get around this? Call FW customer service and ask them to set you up for Money. ...

how to rename a file #2
What MFC class/function would I use to rename a file. Assume the file is not being accessed by any application. I have typically used the C run time library function 'rename' but his there a comparable MFC or SDK function? Thanks Ian Hi, You could use CFile::Rename. Regards Andy Mortimer [MS] Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. OR if you wish to include a script sample in your post please add "Use of included script samples a...

OL 2002: Won't save passwords
I converted from OL Express 6 to OL 2002. I only use it for POP3 email. Outlook will simply not retain passwords at all. Not on the old accounts, not after prompting, not creating new accounts, etc. This all happened at the same time I applied some Windows XP Pro updates as well. Now IE 6 won't save apsswords either. Don't know if they're related. I've searched the KB and reviewed dozens of potentially related articles, but to no avail. Any ideas? Thanks in advance, Heman ...

how do i rename a sheet if the rename tab is inactive?
I tried to rename a sheet in a workbook but discovered that the rename option is inactive when i right-clicked on the sheet. How do i make it active ? Hi, This would happen if the 'workbook' was protected. Tools|Protection|Unprotect workbook -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Nelson" wrote: > I tried to rename a sheet in a workbook but discovered that the rename option > is inactive when i right-clicked on the ...

add password protection to windows xp
When I first set up my computer I made it so I don't need a password to login. however, I need to change this now so i can add the screensaver password protection that is required elsewhere. How do I add the login password protection for a user of my PC? Once I do this, the screensaver password protection checkbox or whatever should appear, according to what I have read elsewhere on this site. I do not have a professional edition of software. Hope you can help! Mich wrote: > When I first set up my computer I made it so I don't need a > password to login. how...

Renaming your password
I wanted to ask if someone could tell me if it is possible to rename your password? I would like to keep my existing e-mail accounts, and all of my folders and saved information. However, I was told that if someone knows my password and e-mail address, they can access my account from any other computer, anywhere. So, is there some way to handle this without losing the small group of links and e-mail boxes, etc. without bailing out? To change your email account password, contact the account provider, or check their website for assistance. -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) ...

Money 2002
Greetings, My bank often sends me transactions in the download that have the payee's address, not their name. Is there a way to have it automatically rename say "123 E. Main St" to "AM/PM GAS STATION", instead of me doing it each and everytime I download transactions? In microsoft.public.money, <kharless@qwest.net> wrote: >Greetings, > >My bank often sends me transactions in the download that >have the payee's address, not their name. Is there a way >to have it automatically rename say "123 E. Main St" >to "AM/PM GA...

Renaming Reporting Services
Hello, I changed the name of server and I can't visualizer reports, because the Reporting Services found only the old server name. Anybody can help me to resolve this problem? Thanks a Lot! Breno Amorim you changed the name of the crm web server? ========================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/crm/community/microsoft_crm_community.mspx "Breno Amorim" <BrenoAmorim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C698B9F7-FF7B-43BC-8368-59C31A5FB994@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I changed the name ...

when I rename outcmd.dat to .old, do I type outcmd.old or just rename to .old
I was given these directions and I am just clarifying: Close Outlook. Find and rename outcmd.dat to .old. (If using Windows 2000 or XP, you will need to enable searching hidden and system folders.) Once you have done so, reopen Outlook and it should open fine. You will need to rebuild any custom toolbars or customizations as the file outcmd.dat controls how the toolbars display. When it becomes corrupted, it will cause Outlook to hang because it cannot create the toolbars that you expect. bob <bob@donotspam> wrote: > I was given these directions and I am just clarifying: >...

Renaming A Tab
Hi All Does anybody know if it is possible to rename tab as a cell refference. i.e. "Sheet1" becomes =A1 Does that mean anything??? Thanks Mark -- mark_richards ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mark_richards's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19247 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=479475 In VBA Activesheet.Name = Range("A1").Value -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "mark_richards" <mark_richard...

Domain Rename
Is there anyway to accomplish a Domain rename in a native windows 2003 server domain with exchange enterprise server 2003 installed in the domain? I have downloaded and read the domain rename instructions for server 2003 and those instructions specifically state this is not possible in any forest with Exchange 2000. Now I find Exchange server 2003 also does not support. When, microsoft, when? and why not now? ...

Outlook 2003 doesn't remember passwords
Hi, I did a clean install of Windows XP Pro and Office 2003 Pro. Using Mcafee Virscan Ver. 6.03 all updated with service packs and patches. I have multiple email accounts and I have check the remember password on all accounts and it still ask me for the passwords. The login windows popsup and my username and password is there and correct but it still keeps coming up. I have tried the "Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 290684 " and it still does the same. Can someone please help me? Try this MSKB article instead -- it should work for all Outlook versions on Windows XP (not...

Password policy #2
Our password policy is set in our Default Domain Policy. By the policy, the pasword should expire every 180 days, but the expire every thirty days. No matter what I do I can't get it to update the policy. If you run RSoP, it shows the correct policy. However, they still expire every 30 days. Where can this be coming from? This has plaged the newwork before I came and as far as I know the policy was never set for thirty days. I have checked everything I can think of. When you run 'Gpresult /v' it show the password policy that's in the Domain Policy, but it still promp...

renaming a file, "save as" to rename file
Version: 2008 I need to change the name of a file, and I would also like to be able to click &quot;save as&quot; so I could name the file as I am saving, Thanks! Pat Hi Pat: Try clicking "Help" in Word. Cheers On 4/02/10 2:45 PM, in article 59bb2397.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "patmuniz@officeformac.com" <patmuniz@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 I need to change the name of a file, and I would also like to be > able to click "save as" so I could name the file as I am saving, Thanks! Pat This email is my business...

2004 occasionally forgets passwords
My saved passwords for various direct-statement services are sometimes forgotten by Money. Anyone else experience this? ...

rename the project ?
how to rename the project in project server 2007 ? Hi Sam, If you have sufficient permissions: In ProjProf: File -> Open ... -> Retrieve the list of all projects ... Right click on project name and select Rename. In PWA: Project Center -> mark project in any column except Idicator and Project Name. Click on Edit Project Properties. Change name and click on Save and Publish. Regards Barbara Am 01.03.2010 10:48, schrieb Sam: > how to rename the project in project server 2007 ? and to add to Barbara's excellent answer, I prefer option 1 as it changes the ...

Remembering Password
When I changed my password for my online banking Money Plus retains the password when I update even though I do not have 'Remember Password' checked. I prefer to type in me pw. How might I change this?? James In microsoft.public.money, JamesJ wrote: >When I changed my password for my online banking Money Plus >retains the password when I update even though I do not have >'Remember Password' checked. I prefer to type in me pw. How >might I change this?? When you check http://www.microsoft.com/money/bankonline.aspx for your financial institution, does it say "...

Rename the Organization
Hello, Is there a way to change the name of the Exchange organization (Exchange 2003 in native mode) ? I read that it is neither possible to change the name of the organization nor to create a new organization in the same forest. Is there a workaround or another solution to migrate the Exchange server to another organization without too much trouble? Thanks Hassan "Hassan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >Is there a way to change the name of the Exchange >organization (Exchange 2003 in native mode) ? >I read that it is neither po...

How to change the password in OWA
I am using OWA for mailing. My login id and mail id is different. How to change the password of my mail id in OWA. What are you referring to when you say different logon ID and mail ID? There is only one ID that is used for authentication. That is your NT or AD account. When you use the Change Password feature in OWA, that is the only account that you can change. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Shanthi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19db01c4a9f3$cde94360$a501280a@phx.gbl... >I am using OWA for mailing. My login id and mail id is > ...

Rename a folder, but "rename" is not active
Somehow Outlook renamed my "inbox" folder. I want to change the name back, but the rename function is disabled. How do I do this? Thanks you need to start outlook with the /resetfoldernames switch. http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/commandlines.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &a...

Exchange 5.5 SP4
Hallo, ich habe einen EX 5.5 mit SP4 - diesem server soll ein weiterer Ex 5.5 hinzugefügt werden. Allerdings kann sich niemand mehr an das Installpasswort des EX servers erinnern. Kann ich diese Passwort über den NT 4 Benutzmanager einfach zurücksetzen, oder schieße ich mir damit den laufenden EX 5.5 ab? Für hilfreiche Infos wäre ich sehr dankbar! Gruss Tom Hi, "thoby" <thoby@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4BE75921-AB54-428F-9B8A-A34314F5D7E2@microsoft.com... > Hallo, > ich habe einen EX 5.5 mit SP4 - diesem serv...

Renaming Organization #2
Is there a documented procedure of renaming the exchange organization and site name of Exchange 2003? Is it even possible? Thanks TagaR On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 11:50:02 -0800, "TagaR" <TagaR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a documented procedure of renaming the exchange organization and >site name of Exchange 2003? Is it even possible? > >Thanks >TagaR You really don't want to try and go near changing the org name. That way lies stress. There is no such thing as a "site" in E2K3 but you can change the name of the Administration Group i...