Recovered Folders?

I seem to be collecting a huge amount of 'recovered folders' in my live mail
inbox. So, firstly, why are they recovered and secondly why do they keep
getting 'lost'

Wrong newsgroup (this one is for Vista's Windows Mail - not Windows Live
Mail) . . . try this one . . .

microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop

"red devil" <red devil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I seem to be collecting a huge amount of 'recovered folders' in my live
> mail
> inbox. So, firstly, why are they recovered and secondly why do they keep
> getting 'lost'

0
slk759
2/5/2010 3:44:52 PM
"red devil" <red devil@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>I seem to be collecting a huge amount of 'recovered folders' in my live
>mail
> inbox. So, firstly, why are they recovered and secondly why do they keep
> getting 'lost'

0
utf

outlook xp recovered data - from CD
I just received a CD with all of my recovered outlook xp data from a failed hard drive: how do I move/copy/transfer the recovered Calendar, address book and contacts, personal folders, and emails from the data recovery CD to my existing Outlook folders? Where does that data reside on my new hard drive (windows xp pro oper system)? Would very much appreciate any help. Thanks. "kevinh" <kevin.hefner@aps.com> wrote in message news:0c7601c3b8f4$d417b3c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I just received a CD with all of my recovered outlook xp > data from a failed hard drive: ho...

How do you recover a parameter?
Hello, I would like to execute an excel file, for example, with a file name file.xls zz.txt And afterwards, in that file, I would like to recover the name zz.txt. Could you please help me? Thanks. Dave, I'm not sure what you mean by "execute" the Excel file, or "recover the name." It sounds as though you want to make a txt file from the xls file. If so, you'll need to open it in Excel, then do File - Save As, with the file type set to txt. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com ----------------------------------------------------------------------- &...

Re: Public Folders permissions problem
ooops ... we're on Exchange 2003. j -- jj runnion jjrNOSPAM@sinte.edu "JJ Runnion" <jjrNOSPAM@sinte.edu> wrote in message news:... > somehow we've gotten "locked out" of permissions on the calendars and > other folders in our Public Folders. > When I right-click on the calendar in Exchange Manager Admin > Group\Folders\Public Folders, a username/password box pops up and won't > take any of the admin username/passwords (domain admin, enterprise admin, > etc.). I get "the operation failed. ID no:80007005 Exchange system > M...

Outlook client displaying different folders than web client
CRM 3.0 Outlook client security issue: We limited security for several users to only see certain folders. This works fine on the web client but in their Outlook client they see all the folders. We have done everything we can think of to fix this including a fresh install of the CRM Outlook client on a new machine and still have same issue. Has anyone seen this before or have any ideas? ...

Recover live calendars?
Someone was helping me cleanup an old laptop and they deleted important calendars from my WLM. I have months worth of appointments and need some help/instructions. Thanks (I hope) Did you sign in to Live services in WLM? It will not say Sign in below the Close X if you are signed in. calendar.live.com will have the calendars that will sync back to WLM the next time you connect with WLM. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "nimbus" <nimbus@live.com> wrote in message news:CDFEEBEA-D031-4B0B-AECC-58F904E3E601@microsoft.com... > Someone was helping ...

Sent messages are not going to the SENT ITEMS folder
When I send messages in Outlook 2000, sent messages are not going into the Sent Items folder. I've got the check box set at Tools, Options, E-Mail Options, Save Copies of Sent Messages in Sent Items Folder. It seems it was working, but not for the past three days. Any ideas? I'm using Windows XP Home, Office 2000. hgfd ...

Views in MS Outlook Folders
I have a problem in that I have an archive of my email setup and I want to be able to set the archive so that all additional subfolders are sorted by the date received. I have tried setting the top folder level so that it is sorted by these credentials but still some of the folders below sort by different categories ie From. Any ideas? Paul Unfortunately in Outlook there is no way to set a view on one folder and have it migrated to other folders. Views in Outlook are maintained on a folder by folder basis. You will need to change the view on each folder individually. I hope this i...

Find all the files in a folder
I had been using the FileSearch function to locate all the files of a particular type in a folder. Office2007 appears to have replaced that function with a FileSystemObject class, but i can't get that to work. Here is what I had been using. Any help would be appreciated. Set fs = Application.FileSearch With fs .LookIn = Range("C7").Value .SearchSubFolders = True .FileName = "*.csv" If .Execute() > 0 Then Row = 1 For i = 1 To .FoundFiles.Count Hi Phil This works in 2007 although it is not clear from your co...

Is there a way to have two separate macro folders?
I found help for putting macros out in a common area for a whole department to use (have not tried yet, though). I was wondering if there was a way to have separate macro folders: one for personal macros I use, and another for macros that a department or company would use. That way if I needed a macro I seldom use or others seldom use we could switch folders, without too much trouble. Thank you. Have you tried a Network Drive for the common macros and your C:\ drive for personal macros? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] ALWAYS post your Outlook version! Post all rep...

Weird scrolling problem with folders
I am having a really weird problem with my storage folders and scrolling to the bottom folder in the list. At the bottom of my email account list ( I have 15 email accounts, mostly imap), I have Outbox and underneath it Storage folders. I have a dozen or so folders in storage folders. When I expand storage folders and try to scroll down to the last item and click on it, the list will jump up , it will frequently jump back up a couple of items, and I can't see the bottom of the list. Does anyone have a bunch of folders in Storage folders, and does this happen to you? YOu have ...

I have lost my contacts in a folder somewhere in my system.
I've done a search of my whole computer, looking for pst files. I might have exported by mistake. I had more than 2 or 3 personal folders so I closed them. Do you think somehow it is closed somewhere? Where would Outlook closed files be? I have looked all over. Please help!!!! How did you search for your PST file? I would first ensure you can see hidden files and folders in addition to known file extnesions by setting this option in Windows Explorer then do a search for *.pst. -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "Re...

Create folder from within Access VB
Please will you advise on the following: I am trying to create a folder on the C drive of my PC from within Access VB. Hunting through the Access VB help files has got me the following but there are no examples and I get a message that "ActiveX component can't create object" in line 4 below (Set fs..) when I execute it. Public Function CreateFolder(strFolderName As String) Dim objTemp As Object Dim fs As Object Set fs = CreateObject("Scripting.FilesSystemObject") Set objTemp = fs.CreateFolder(strFolderName) Set objTemp = Null Set fs = Null /* Ignore any errors a...

rss feed folder
i got an rss feed issue that i can't figure out there are apparently messages in the root rss folder and i can't access them when i click on the rss feeds folder the message window only shows the about rss feeds page and links to different feeds anyone know how i can access the messages in that folder? outlook 2007 on vista Well...have you clicked on that little plus sign (+) to the left of the RSS Feeds folder? It will expand to show all of the feeds you have signed up for...oh...did you sign up for any feeds? Tim "seth" <seth@myhouse.org> wrote in message ne...

Mail REFUSED to Public folder
My piblic folders are not allowing certain groups of users to send mail to mail enabled public folders. These public folders had been working for quite sometime and all of a sudden they don't. I read articles 319753 and 323728 but they do not fix the problem. Does anyone have an idea as to how fix this. All my mail-enabled public folders are down. Is there a way to search the AD for groups that the Exchange Enterprise Group cannot read? Thanks, Paul ...

Display folder description information in a balloon or similar pop
Hi, I'm trying to find a way to quickly display the information typed in the Description section of the folder properties in Outlook 2007. I have several folders, sometimes up to 100, which contains documents to approve for various chage requests. I enter the most up to date info in the description field on the properties section of each folder - however, to view this I have to right click on each folder and select properties to view the text. I wondered if there was some way I could hover my mouse over the folder and have the text display in a balloon or pop up (similar ...

selectively download folders from isp
I am having trouble with Outlook. I have a yahoo account and I have mulitple folders on that account. I was wondering if there was a way to only download what is in my yahoo inbox and not in my yahoo bulk folder. Hi Moose I you take a look at your preferences in yahoo mail - http://mail.yahoo.com you have the option to send bulk mail to your pop3 client. As easy as that. Chris "MOOSE" <MOOSE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADA4254F-0DB3-47BD-AC3F-D34AFD4ADEC5@microsoft.com... >I am having trouble with Outlook. I have a yahoo account and I hav...

Recover !!
Ok i updated my old outlook and because it was too much for my system (like all windows updates) i uninstalled oulook then reinstalled the old version now i have none of my old emails and there not in my hotmail either and they were going into both, hotmail and my outlook ~ so can anyone help me? or is it lost forever What is the version of your old Outlook? Try to search *.pst file "Robin" <rwtsr1@msn.com> wrote in message news:cb4101c48a4c$21dfd000$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Ok i updated my old outlook and because it was too much > for my system (like all windows upda...

Recover Unsaved
I need help. Excel closed without saving what I was working on now I need to recover it.... You do not say how Excel closed or what version you are using. The later versions have an AutoRecover feature. If you closed Excel without saving the file, you may not be able to recover. -- Damon Longworth Don't miss out on the 2005 Excel User Conference Sept 16th and 17th Stockyards Hotel - Ft. Worth, Texas www.ExcelUserConference.com "Tori" <Tori@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F64C96B-62FD-430D-A27A-DF00A9AA64D0@microsoft.com... >I need help. Exce...

Help! I accidentally deleted emails that I desperately need to recover... Any suggestions please?
Desperate here! I have used LACIE back up, does it save emails? Many thanks! On 1/26/10 10:20 AM, in article C7847266.27FB9%gavin@kerner.com, "Gavin Wilding" <gavin@kerner.com> wrote: > Desperate here! I have used LACIE back up, does it save emails? It depends on what you backed up. Without more details, we can't help. You can use Switch Identity to access data in a second Identity. -- Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> YouTalk <...

Recover junk mail
How can I recover all of my mail from the junk mail folder that I mistakenly just deleted? afaik...locally emptying or purging the junk mail folder is permanent in WLM(and also if using WLM for http access to a Hotmail account). If Pop3, access the web server holding the account to determine if the messages are present(ymmv) in the web Deleted folder. -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "Justin" <Justin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18654186-1254-4406-9DAF-22B213E775D4@microsoft.com... > How can I recover all of my mail from the junk mail fold...

Cannot delete public folder items while being folder owner
We are having this problem that seems to be a little weird.. A person having access as a publishing editor or even folder owner of our public folders (contacts, calendar, or tasks) cannot delete anything that was made more than a week ago. If someone creates a new item now then one of those people can manipulate it however they want.. But on an older entry only the administrator account can delete or change an entry.. Even people with ownership and editor rights cannot do it.. This is the annoying error an owner or someone with sufficient rights sees when trying to perform this task ...

Outlook 2002 Web Folder Map to Local
Hi, I have recently set up IMAP between my ISP webmail and Outlook 2002, I would like to have all my folders either sychronised in a local format or at least backed up to local every now and again. Is this possible, tks ? -- Fred McLaughlin AFAIK, not in Outlook 2002. In 2007, I believe you can, but I don't use IMAP so I could be mistaken. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Fred McLaughlin asked: | Hi, | | I have recently s...

replicate public folders
microsoft.public.exchange.admin Hi, I have quite a few public folders. I know how to replicate them by going to each one's properties, but is there some way to set them to all replicate to a specific server? Thanks, Peter On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 13:00:05 +0700, Peter Kaufman <peterkhub-usenet@yahoo.ca> wrote: >microsoft.public.exchange.admin > >Hi, > >I have quite a few public folders. I know how to replicate them by >going to each one's properties, but is there some way to set them to >all replicate to a specific server? > >Thanks, > >Peter D...

Recover
I set up my labtop for pop 3 mail. I like keeping almost all of my e-mails on the webmail server so I can refer to them. After I received the messages from my labtop, all the messages on my webmail were gone. I empytied the deleted items folder also on my labtop. Is there any kind of folder that they go to on the computer that's hidden before they e-mails are complety taken off the computer. Also is there a way to pull them off of the server again. The messages are gone, unless whoever provides your webmail has a way for you to get deleted messages back - ask them. In the fu...

How do I search the Deleted Items folder for unread Items?
How do I search the Deleted Items folder for unread Items? or better yet how do I creat a search folder for Unread Deleted Items and move it to my favorites? "misterm" <misterm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A811BA25-3BDF-4FD3-B769-546FAEC8B3BD@microsoft.com... > How do I search the Deleted Items folder for unread Items? or better yet how > do I creat a search folder for Unread Deleted Items and move it to my > favorites? Create a new Unread Mail folder and change its criteria to look at only the Deleted Items folder. RIght-click Se...