Problems with files attaches in windows mail

Can´t open files (xls, doc, etc etc) in windows mail. I´m windows Vista Home
Premium. Please help.
Thank you

You must have either Microsoft Office or the free OpenOffice.org installed.
"Deidos" <Deidos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can´t open files (xls, doc, etc etc) in windows mail. I´m windows Vista
> Premium. Please help.
> Thank you

0
Charles
11/22/2009 3:46:01 PM
I have IE8 and Microsoft Office 2002

"Charles W Davis" wrote:

> You must have either Microsoft Office or the free OpenOffice.org installed.
> "Deidos" <Deidos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Can´t open files (xls, doc, etc etc) in windows mail. I´m windows Vista
> > Premium. Please help.
> > Thank you

Take a look at these....

http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/232/1/Unable-to-open-DOC-attachments-from-Windows-Mail.html

http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/236/1/Unable-to-open-PDF-file-attachments-directly-from-Windows-Mail-in-Windows-Vista.html

http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/149/1/Unable-to-open-PPS-attachments-directly-from-Windows-Mail-in-Windows-Vista.html

--
Windows 7  Ultimate
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

> I have IE8 and Microsoft Office 2002
>
> "Charles W Davis" wrote:
>
>> You must have either Microsoft Office or the free OpenOffice.org
>> installed.
>> "Deidos" <Deidos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Can´t open files (xls, doc, etc etc) in windows mail. I´m windows Vista
>> > Premium. Please help.
>> > Thank you

0
Dave
11/22/2009 4:11:42 PM
It is not problem of association of programs, simply I cannot abrir archives
and I cannot keep them, the message is the following one: Attached error when
keeping one or several archives verifies the disc space available and returns
to try it.
Thanks

"Dave" wrote:

> Take a look at these....
>
> http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/232/1/Unable-to-open-DOC-attachments-from-Windows-Mail.html
>
> http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/236/1/Unable-to-open-PDF-file-attachments-directly-from-Windows-Mail-in-Windows-Vista.html
>
> http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/149/1/Unable-to-open-PPS-attachments-directly-from-Windows-Mail-in-Windows-Vista.html
>

> --
> Windows 7  Ultimate
> http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview
> http://download.live.com/wlmail
>

> "Deidos" <Deidos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have IE8 and Microsoft Office 2002
> >
> > "Charles W Davis" wrote:
> >
> >> You must have either Microsoft Office or the free OpenOffice.org
> >> installed.
> >> "Deidos" <Deidos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>
> .

Are these attachments being sent by someone using MS Outlook and RichText or
HTML formatting?

Deidos wrote:
> I have IE8 and Microsoft Office 2002
>
>> You must have either Microsoft Office or the free OpenOffice.org
>> installed.
>>
>>> Can´t open files (xls, doc, etc etc) in windows mail. I´m windows Vista
>>> Home Premium. Please help.

0
PA
11/22/2009 10:03:41 PM
I've never seen an error message like that. Please post a verbatim,
exact copy of the error message.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

> It is not problem of association of programs, simply I cannot abrir =
archives=20
> and I cannot keep them, the message is the following one: Attached =
error when=20
> keeping one or several archives verifies the disc space available and =
returns=20
> to try it.
> Thanks
>=20
> "Dave" wrote:
>=20
>> Take a look at these....
>>=20
>> =
http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/232/1/Unable-to-open-DOC-attachment=
s-from-Windows-Mail.html
>>=20
>> =
http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/236/1/Unable-to-open-PDF-file-attac=
hments-directly-from-Windows-Mail-in-Windows-Vista.html
>>=20
>> =
http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/149/1/Unable-to-open-PPS-attachment=
s-directly-from-Windows-Mail-in-Windows-Vista.html
>>=20
>>=20
>>=20
>> --=20
>> Windows 7  Ultimate
>> http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview
>> http://download.live.com/wlmail
>>=20
>>=20
>> "Deidos" <Deidos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message=20
>> > I have IE8 and Microsoft Office 2002

I=C2=B4m windows Vista
>> .

0
Gary
11/23/2009 2:29:26 AM
the message error excat:
"error when keeping one or more of the attached data. It verifies the free
disc space and returns to try it"

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:

> I've never seen an error message like that. Please post a verbatim,
> exact copy of the error message.

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen
>

> "Deidos" <Deidos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC5B98D6-76D3-4527-B814-AACAEF66FE9D@microsoft.com...
> > It is not problem of association of programs, simply I cannot abrir archives
> > and I cannot keep them, the message is the following one: Attached error when
> > keeping one or several archives verifies the disc space available and returns
> > to try it.
> > Thanks
> >
> > "Dave" wrote:
> >
> >> Take a look at these....
> >>
> >> http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/232/1/Unable-to-open-DOC-attachments-from-Windows-Mail.html
> >>
> >> http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/236/1/Unable-to-open-PDF-file-attachments-directly-from-Windows-Mail-in-Windows-Vista.html
> >>
> >> http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/149/1/Unable-to-open-PPS-attachments-directly-from-Windows-Mail-in-Windows-Vista.html
> >>

> >> --
> >> Windows 7  Ultimate
> >> http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview
> >> http://download.live.com/wlmail
> >>

> >> "Deidos" <Deidos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> .
> >>
> .

It looks like you may be translating the error message from a
non-English language, but the translation is not accurate enough
for me to recognize the error message.

On face value, the error sounds fairly serious. I suggest you upgrade
to Windows Live Mail:  http://download.live.com/wlmail=20

> the message error excat:
> "error when keeping one or more of the attached data. It verifies the =
free=20
> disc space and returns to try it"
>=20
> "Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:
>=20
>> I've never seen an error message like that. Please post a verbatim,
>> exact copy of the error message.
>>=20
>> --=20
>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen
>>=20
>>=20
>> "Deidos" <Deidos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
>> > It is not problem of association of programs, simply I cannot abrir =
archives=20
>> > and I cannot keep them, the message is the following one: Attached =
error when=20
>> > keeping one or several archives verifies the disc space available =
and returns=20
>> > to try it.
>> > Thanks
>> >=20
>> > "Dave" wrote:
>> >=20
http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/232/1/Unable-to-open-DOC-attachment=
s-from-Windows-Mail.html
http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/236/1/Unable-to-open-PDF-file-attac=
hments-directly-from-Windows-Mail-in-Windows-Vista.html
http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/149/1/Unable-to-open-PPS-attachment=
s-directly-from-Windows-Mail-in-Windows-Vista.html

OpenOffice.org=20
I=C2=B4m windows Vista

>> .

0
Gary
11/26/2009 7:05:18 AM
In the message shown below, the part that says "error when keeping" probably
should be "error when saving". It is logical that there might be an error
saving an attachment. It is not logical that Windows Mail would say it
(whatever it is) "verifies the free disc space", so whatever the message
does say seems to have been lost in translation.

If your Vista does not have all updates from Windows Update, you should get
your system updated; that might solve the problem you are having with
attachments.

"Deidos" <Deidos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> the message error excat:
> "error when keeping one or more of the attached data. It verifies the free
> disc space and returns to try it"
>
> "Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:
>
>> I've never seen an error message like that. Please post a verbatim,
>> exact copy of the error message.
>>
>> --
>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen
>>

>> "Deidos" <Deidos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > It is not problem of association of programs, simply I cannot abrir
>> > archives
>> > and I cannot keep them, the message is the following one: Attached
>> > error when
>> > keeping one or several archives verifies the disc space available and
>> > returns
>> > to try it.
>> > Thanks

>> .

0
Sam

Problem shortcuts in Word

Outlook 2003 PST problems

having trouble with windows mail
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'Foreverzetaclassy@live.com'. Subject 'Application Data For Mental Health Worker', Account: 'pop3.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com', Pr...

Outlook 2007 and Windows 7
After installing Office 2007 on Windows 7 machine, I get no new mail sound, pop up notifications or the new unread mail icon in task bar. Every thing else seems to work fine. Any hints? are the icons in the overflow? -- -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What v...

Problem with Authentication

Missing windows
Hi Can anyone let me know what I have to do to get the windows back that show's the cell reference for where you are. This has gone missing along with the window that's used to type the formula into Sorry to be a pain on a triviality, but I can't find the answer anywhere TIA Steve View>Formula Bar The cell reference "window" is called the Name Box. Also, you can type formulas into a cell, not only into the formula bar. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 21:29:57 -0000, "Steve" <sr2000{at}talk21{dot}com> wrote: >Hi > >C...

Multiple e-mails #4
How many e-mails can be sent at once with outlook express Multiple e-mails wrote: || How many e-mails can be sent at once with outlook express This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name. For help with your OE questions, try an OE newsgroup such as microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress (for OE 6), or an OE help website such as http://insideOE.tomsterdam.com. If you're accessing the Microsoft newsgroups through the MS Product Support Services &...

calendar problem

problem #4

format of emailed excel file
In excel 2003 when I email a a particulat worksheet in a workbook I lose all the formating when it is recieved in Outlook 2003. Is there anyway to preserve the excel "look"? Thnaks, Craig S ...

Show file location in title bar?
Is there a way to make Excel or Word show the location of a file in the title bar. Right now, it just shows the name of the file. I was thinking in 2003, it showed the file location, or perhaps there was an option to show it? I can't find the same thing in 2007 and it would be extremely helpful to have it! I use template files with the same name (for easy searching) but save in different client folders, which is why I want it to display the full path. Otherwise, I wouldn't care. Thanks!! Add "Document Location" to the QAT. You'll find it in the "Com...

95 and 97 problem

Date problem

sync problems

Installation Problem!!

Extender-Create a new data entry window
Is it possible to create a new extender form or window (not sure of the terminology) to enter data into Dynamics? Specifically the Sales Forecast Window in Manufacturing is terrible for entering data, everytime you move to the right, it the scrolling window jumps back to the top and you have to find the item again. Anyway, I would like a new window to enter a sales forecast, is this possible? thanks -- Doug Unfortunately Extender data is stored in Extender tables and cannot be stored in the Sales Forecast tables. I agree with you that the data entry screen is horrible. I am tal...

Office 2007 - HELP

Resource editor problems

Directory Replication Problem #2

Outlook won't open after reinstalling it after installing Windows
My computer crashed. I installed Windows 7, and then reinstalled Office 2007. Outlook will not open. Any suggestions? Margye Hixson Suggest providing information. Include what you did, what happened and any and all error messages. Be detailed as if we weren't there and don't know what happened. -- Russ Valentine "Margye" <Margye@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F85CAAC-2042-4CAB-A329-EF6B3A682189@microsoft.com... > My computer crashed. I installed Windows 7, and then reinstalled Office > 2007. > Outlook will not open....

Cell Format

Software of scripting to grab data from MS word file and fill in Excel fields?
I have a 90 page financial report from MS word that I get each month. I would like to find a software package or scripting tool that will allow me to automate the process of grabbing #s from the ms word file and filling in fields in an excel file. I have a feel that there may be quite of programming involved in doing this. But perhaps there are some more efficient solutions out there. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks Hi, Do the numbers appear in the same part of the word document each tim (eg always in the same row/column of the same table). If so, copyin the data into excel should be ...