Outlook2007 Vista network password errors

I am using Outlook2007 in Vista Business for my imap AOL account. For
the past 7-10 days I am repeatedly seeing the popup box that says Enter
Network Password. The user name and password are already populated & I
check the box each time to save this password in the password list &
click OK. Within Outlook I have tried adding the AOL account
automatically, which brings it in as a pop3 account. That account is
there also, but the default account is the imap account.

The popup box appears for both the imap and pop3 Outlook accounts (all
with the same user name & password). After these popups have been dealt
with then I usually get the popup message along the tray that indicates
the connection with the imap server cannot be established. But if I go
into Outlook and click on the Send/Receive button, this usually works
without a problem. But the automatic send/receive is not working and the
popup boxes are a huge distraction.

I regularly receive the Windows updates which automatically download so
I am up-to-date on the Vista and also Office software.

Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated. Thank you.


-- 
xploruk
Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com

0
xploruk
2/24/2010 11:58:46 PM
windows.vista.mail 2954 articles. 1 followers. Follow

3 Replies
543 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 38

If you really mean "Outlook" you are in the wrong newsgroup.
The newsgroup to which you posted is for the Windows Mail program.
You are more likely to find Outlook experts in the Outlook newsgroup:

microsoft.public.outlook.general (via NNTP), or via the web:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?d=
g=3Dmicrosoft.public.outlook.general

--
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com


"xploruk" <xploruk.46wyg4@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message =
news:xploruk.46wyg4@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...
>=20
> I am using Outlook2007 in Vista Business for my imap AOL account. For
> the past 7-10 days I am repeatedly seeing the popup box that says =
Enter
> Network Password. The user name and password are already populated & I
> check the box each time to save this password in the password list &
> click OK. Within Outlook I have tried adding the AOL account
> automatically, which brings it in as a pop3 account. That account is
> there also, but the default account is the imap account.
>=20
> The popup box appears for both the imap and pop3 Outlook accounts (all
> with the same user name & password). After these popups have been =
dealt
> with then I usually get the popup message along the tray that =
indicates
> the connection with the imap server cannot be established. But if I go
> into Outlook and click on the Send/Receive button, this usually works
> without a problem. But the automatic send/receive is not working and =
the
> popup boxes are a huge distraction.
>=20
> I regularly receive the Windows updates which automatically download =
so
> I am up-to-date on the Vista and also Office software.
>=20
> Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated. Thank you.
>=20
>=20
> --=20
> xploruk
> Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
>
0
Gary
2/25/2010 1:29:30 AM
'Gary VanderMolen [MVP Wrote: 
> ;1652206']If you really mean "Outlook" you are in the wrong newsgroup.
> The newsgroup to which you posted is for the Windows Mail program.
> You are more likely to find Outlook experts in the Outlook newsgroup:
> 
> microsoft.public.outlook.general (via NNTP), or via the web:
> 
> 'Discussions in microsoft.public.outlook.general'
> (http://tinyurl.com/ngh7kx)
> 
> --
> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
> Microsoft MVP Program: 'Microsoft Most Valuable Professional'
> (http://mvp.support.microsoft.com)
> 
> 
> "xploruk" <xploruk.46wyg4@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message
> news:xploruk.46wyg4@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...
> > 
> > I am using Outlook2007 in Vista Business for my imap AOL account.
> For
> > the past 7-10 days I am repeatedly seeing the popup box that says
> Enter
> > Network Password. The user name and password are already populated &
> I
> > check the box each time to save this password in the password list &
> > click OK. Within Outlook I have tried adding the AOL account
> > automatically, which brings it in as a pop3 account. That account is
> > there also, but the default account is the imap account.
> > 
> > The popup box appears for both the imap and pop3 Outlook accounts
> (all
> > with the same user name & password). After these popups have been
> dealt
> > with then I usually get the popup message along the tray that
> indicates
> > the connection with the imap server cannot be established. But if I
> go
> > into Outlook and click on the Send/Receive button, this usually
> works
> > without a problem. But the automatic send/receive is not working and
> the
> > popup boxes are a huge distraction.
> > 
> > I regularly receive the Windows updates which automatically download
> so
> > I am up-to-date on the Vista and also Office software.
> > 
> > Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated. Thank you.
> > 
> > 
> > -- 
> > xploruk
> > Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
> >

Thank you - I am new to this forum and did not post to the correct
group. Your suggestions are appreciated.


-- 
xploruk
Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com

0
xploruk
2/25/2010 7:15:52 AM
You're very welcome.=20
You're accessing this newsgroup via a third party web forum, which
may make distinguishing the various newsgroups more difficult.
I suggest you lodge a complaint with Vistaheads, or else use a real
newsreader (like Windows Mail) for direct access.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com


"xploruk" <xploruk.46xhw5@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message =
news:xploruk.46xhw5@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...
>=20
> 'Gary VanderMolen [MVP Wrote:=20
>> ;1652206']If you really mean "Outlook" you are in the wrong =
newsgroup.
>> The newsgroup to which you posted is for the Windows Mail program.
>> You are more likely to find Outlook experts in the Outlook newsgroup:
>>=20
>> microsoft.public.outlook.general (via NNTP), or via the web:
>>=20
>> 'Discussions in microsoft.public.outlook.general'
>> (http://tinyurl.com/ngh7kx)
>>=20
>> --
>> Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
>> Microsoft MVP Program: 'Microsoft Most Valuable Professional'
>> (http://mvp.support.microsoft.com)
>>=20
>>=20
>> "xploruk" <xploruk.46wyg4@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in =
message
>> news:xploruk.46wyg4@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...
>> >=20
>> > I am using Outlook2007 in Vista Business for my imap AOL account.
>> For
>> > the past 7-10 days I am repeatedly seeing the popup box that says
>> Enter
>> > Network Password. The user name and password are already populated =
&
>> I
>> > check the box each time to save this password in the password list =
&
>> > click OK. Within Outlook I have tried adding the AOL account
>> > automatically, which brings it in as a pop3 account. That account =
is
>> > there also, but the default account is the imap account.
>> >=20
>> > The popup box appears for both the imap and pop3 Outlook accounts
>> (all
>> > with the same user name & password). After these popups have been
>> dealt
>> > with then I usually get the popup message along the tray that
>> indicates
>> > the connection with the imap server cannot be established. But if I
>> go
>> > into Outlook and click on the Send/Receive button, this usually
>> works
>> > without a problem. But the automatic send/receive is not working =
and
>> the
>> > popup boxes are a huge distraction.
>> >=20
>> > I regularly receive the Windows updates which automatically =
download
>> so
>> > I am up-to-date on the Vista and also Office software.
>> >=20
>> > Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated. Thank you.
>> >=20
>> >=20
>> > --=20
>> > xploruk
>> > Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
>> >
>=20
> Thank you - I am new to this forum and did not post to the correct
> group. Your suggestions are appreciated.
>=20
>=20
> --=20
> xploruk
> Posted via http://www.vistaheads.com
>
0
Gary
2/25/2010 5:03:31 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Outlook 2003
I just upgraded from Office XP Pro to Office 2003 Pro with all updates downloaded and installed, running Symantec Internet Security 2004. After opening Outlook 2003, when I go to shutdown my Windows XP Pro standalone computer, I get a message that CiceroWndFrame is not responding, do you want to end now? Can I eliminate this problem? Thanks, JoeG Dearborn, MI It appears that the "CiceroUIWndFrame" program is part of the Voice and Handwriting recognition part of Office 2003. I removed those components using Add/Remove programs, but two instances on Outlook 2003 open when I use th...

Vista, MFC and Maximizing Child Windows
I have created from scratch a multi-document project simply using the wizard, VC++ and MFC in Visual Studio 2005. (I have done nothing else to this test program.) When running the resultant exe on a Windows Vista machine I find that when the program is running at full screen, and I maximise any child window (CMDIChildWnd), the child window leaves a border of approximately 1/8in at the right hand side of the screen (as if it is still expecting the CMDIFrameWnd to have a thick border). Can anybody else reproduce this problem? Is this something which will be fixed in future releases of...

Button Icon graphics in Vista
The following works in WinXp (VS2002 IDE): CButton m_ButtonName; .... BOOL CMyDlg::OnInitDialog() { .... m_ButtonName.SetIcon (AfxGetApp()->LoadIcon(IDI_IconName)); .... } The "Icon" property in visual studio is set true for the button. There is no manifest file for the exe. But the above doesn't work in Vista. Specifically the icon graphics is missing/not showing. Also the button looks to be system drawn (vertical shading). Any ideas? Thanks... > CButton m_ButtonName; >... >BOOL CMyDlg::OnInitDialog() >{ >... > m_ButtonName.SetIcon (AfxGetApp...

Problem in Saving the Activeworkbook on a network drive
Hi... thanks for any help concerning that topic... I am facing a problem with that simple code line ActiveWorkbook.Save... But the problem appears only on Network Drives and this - Only when connected to them through Internet... - Not when connected directly through a LAN... as if connection speed would be a problem! When it fails I receive this message ... is currently in use... Try again... and on the network drive I can see that a temp file as been created... and not deleted... On the other hand, I have no problem to realise the save function by simply clicking on ...

errors while autoarchiving
Hello All! I am trying to archive all messages older than 6 months but it runs for couple of moments and reports a error "Errors occurred while archiving messages. Some of the messages were moved, deleted or there is a permissions problem". outlook actually archived some but not all of them. if I keep doing it, it is archiving but instead of just going, it will be interrupted with these messages. Anyone has any ideas? this is Windows 2000 machine, Office XP SP2 and Exchange 5.5 SP4. George "George" <haubica@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uxDXShmSEHA.1508@TK...

help with outlook2007
Hi I run a 2.7 with 1gig ram and windows xp. I have outlook 2007 for my mail. it starts up very slow the full program takes about 3 min to come up is there a setting i can turn off so it will run faster or is it just the program. thanks mike Are you starting up Outlook during the machine startup? Also, how many accounts & RSS feeds are you polling (since they get polled at initial startup)? "Mike Sutherland" <mikesutherland@cox.net> wrote in message news:OIeci.418193$JN6.173060@newsfe17.phx... > Hi > > I run a 2.7 with 1gig ram and windows xp. I have out...

IM-error
IM version 10.00.1384 GP10 version 10.00.1400 I have imported GL-account and new vendors succesfully. When I import Customers, the integration starts and then it comes with this error: Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.IntegrationManager.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. I was able to preview the import files. Please help! Thanks, -- Toni On Aug 9, 2:51=A0pm, Toni <T...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > IM version 10.00.1384 > GP10 version 10.00.1400 > > I have imported GL-account and new vendors succesfully. When I import > Customers, the ...

OUTLOOK2007
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003C_01C722A9.0F8106C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi,=20 OUTLOOK2003 pst file would load in about 2 seconds. I just installed = OUTLOOK2007 and it takes up to 15 seconds to load the pst data file. =20 Have I got a setting out of whack someplace? Thanks. --=20 Greg Maxey/Word MVP See: http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/word_tips.htm For some helpful tips using Word. ------=_NextPart_000_003C_01C722A9.0F8106C0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859...

DPM encountered a retryable VSS error backing Hyper-V Guest
Hello i am having problems backing up a Windows 2003 I386 SP2 Guest on Windows 2008 SP1 Clustered Hyper V Host. I have tried rebooting the guest and the host, Reinstalling Hyper V Additions and removing the replica from the DPM server. But i still cant backup the guest. Event Type: Error Event Source: DPM-EM Event Category: None Event ID: 2 Date: 24/11/2009 Time: 08:44:11 User: N/A Computer: *** Description: The replica of Backup Using Child Partition *** is inconsistent with the protected data source. All protection activities for data source will fail until the ...

I am getting an error when trying to use paint brush
I click on my shape and then on the paintbrush and get the error: "An error (1) occurred during the action format painter Unexpected end of file" Has anyone experienced this???? On Sat, 15 Mar 2008 16:36:00 -0700, kbouquet <kbouquet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I click on my shape and then on the paintbrush and get the error: >"An error (1) occurred during the action format painter >Unexpected end of file" >Has anyone experienced this???? Which shape does this happen with? Does it happen with other shapes? -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd....

Sheet Password Protection
Anyone have any idea how I can UNprotect a worksheet where I have forgotten the password? Any help much appreciated. Take a look at http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/removepwords.html In article <uF52mQckDHA.3320@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>, "Crispy" <nowayspammers@hotmail.com> wrote: > Anyone have any idea how I can UNprotect a worksheet where I have forgotten > the password? > > Any help much appreciated. > > > ...

BackgroundThreadProc exits with code 1 on Windows Vista
Hello, I'm using Visual Studio 2008 with SP1, MFC Feature Pack 2008, Windows Vista 32 bit on a quad core machine. The problem is that when I'm creating an application with the Application Wizard, the thread "BackgroundThreadProc" terminates with exit code 1. What does this mean ? I also tried this on another computer (dual core machine) with Windows XP Sp2 and it terminates normaly (exit code is 0). Should I worry about the termination code of BackgroundThreadProc ? Thank you in advance. On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 01:54:00 -0700, DorIN <DorIN@discussions.microsoft.com&...

shared sa password
Hi all, My client is using Microsoft Great Plains v8. They have 4 people that knows the sa pasword, the password is never changed and 3 of them has system maintenance access. just wondering, i'm pretty sure there can be a security issue there. i dont know much about microsoft great plains, but could you share a quick thought of what can go wrong when the above happens.. btw, they are all working in finance. Cheers, Thano. Having the 'sa' password would enable them to perform actions using Query Analyzer, Enterprise Manager, and other SQL tools if they were able to gai...

Lost E-Mail from WinE-Mail to Outlook2007 HELP!!!!
I have 32bit Vista. Came with "Windows Mail". Installed Outlook 2007 and now my old E-Mails are GONE! Help!!! Should I sys restore and back up? Is there a file I need to find? What's the dang solution?! D wrote: > I have 32bit Vista. Came with "Windows Mail". Installed Outlook 2007 and now > my old E-Mails are GONE! Help!!! Should I sys restore and back up? Is there a > file I need to find? > > What's the dang solution?! What do you mean "your emails are gone"? Outlook does NOT overwrite Windows mail. Your emails are STILL in Window...

Syntx error
I am getting a syntax error message in the following, any suggestions strReviewDateCriteria = "Not (tblStatusChoices.status) = "action complete"" Thanks Dave <maceslin@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ba8c58e9-2dec-4ef2-981d-2ce540fd9c23@u69g2000hse.googlegroups.com... >I am getting a syntax error message in the following, any suggestions > > strReviewDateCriteria = "Not (tblStatusChoices.status) = "action > complete"" > > Thanks > Dave Try: strReviewDateCriteria = "Not (tblStatusChoices.status) = 'action compl...

Vista, Black Screen, Safe Mode, ...etc.! Can Bill Gates Solve the Problem?
Hi, I had this problem this morning, never heard of before. My laptop wont allow me to log-in. In safe mode, I can log-in but Bill Gates IE wont run and things look ugly on the screen. I tried System Recovery, the machine kept running for an hour till I gave-up. Can someone please call Bill Gates and ask him how this can be solved? Thanks, Mike On Apr 5, 9:46=A0pm, Mike <maasul...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I had this problem this morning, never heard of before. My laptop wont > allow me to log-in. In safe mode, I can log-in but Bill Gates IE wont > r...

Access 2000 ~ Vista error
We recently updated all 5 computers in a small office to Vista. We run an access database for receipting purposes. Now after the upgrade, we are unable to open the database in a share mode. Only one workstation can have it open at a time. Any idea why? I've checked everything I can think of with Vista, not knowing much about it as of yet. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you !! Tony After installing Vista, you will have had to install Access again. You may need to set each copy to Shared Mode under: Tools | Options | Advanced | Default Open Mode Note that ...

Two SQL errors FP and Connection Closed
While I was visiting a client, one user received the error message "FP: Can't close table" and then within two minutes another user got "SQL Network connection error and your connection was cleared. Probably caused because all available connecgtions to the server are in use". I check the Connections Tab in SQL Server 2008 and it is set to unlimited. ...

Money 2007 running in Vista doesn't save entered transaction
I migrated Money 2007 to a new computer running Vista. Money appears to work correctly, but it doesn't save new transactions on exit. For some reason the My Money.mny file reverts back to the file dated 1/27/08 which is the first date I ran M2007 in Vista. I can restore from the back up file and it works for the session, but the changes to the working file are lost on exit. Any assistance will be appreciated. "jobox" <jobox_99@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ecmK7H8YIHA.1168@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I migrated Money 2007 to a new computer running Vista. Mo...

Connecting to a network drive using VBA
Hi, I would like to call a excel file which is actually stored in a network. There are two networks which i want to connect, one is controlled by user account and the other is a open one. Can anyone please help me to write a code which will either connect to the network drive by getting the username/password or by anyother way of directly calling the network folder probably using FileSystemObject library. Its ok even if it has to connect a drive to the network path. But would be useful if you tell me how to remove this within the code!! For Eg: the network path would look like \\10.10...

Application priveleges on Win 7 and Win Vista
Hi, I want to invoke a driver installation from within my MFC application, and for which I plan to use APIs like SetupCopyOEMInf() et al. My question is to do this on Win 7 and Win Vista, how do I raise the permission levels to permit me to do this? I've had a brief look at the UAC documentation in MSDN, but am not sure which Privilege constant to use. I need an approach to work on both Win 7 and Vista. TIA, JY This article might help you: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/cc163486.aspx Tom "JY" <sd@nospamgroup.com> wrote in message ne...

Multiple domain controllers on same network, are the all the same?
If you have multiple domain controllers with server 2003 on the same network. How would one be be different from the other and what can I do to change it? "RonaldDaven" <RonaldDaven@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA83047F-BBEF-427C-A034-23E535966D98@microsoft.com... > If you have multiple domain controllers with server 2003 on the same > network. > How would one be be different from the other and what can I do to change > it? I'm not sure if I understand the question. Are all the domain controllers part of the same domain, or...

How to open yahoo e-mail account in outlook2007
I have windows vista Ul and Outlook 2007 i configure MS outlook2007 to use my yahoo-email account but it cant open the e-mail ? what should i do ? Explain how you configured Outlook to access Yahoo account. As far as I know Yahoo POP3 access is NOT free. You must pay Yahoo to be able to use their POP3 mail. "Wasfi Ibrahim" <wasfiibrahim@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:99793073-4BA2-4CFF-87FF-7E43A6CE347D@microsoft.com... >I have windows vista Ul and Outlook 2007 i configure MS outlook2007 to use >my yahoo-email account > but it cant open the e-mail ? > wha...

error message 08-23-07
I built a database and am trying to change some of the layout on a form. I keep getting the error message "you do not have exclusive access to the database at this time" and I cannot save the changes. I need to get rid of this. Any suggestions? -- BigK9 BigK9, If you are the only using it then close out of Access and look for the .ldb file and delete it. Then try to make changes. Note, the reason that file doesn't self delete is there is still some code running in the background, the database was closed unexpectedly. You might also want to compile your code. HTH ...

GP V8 Password
Hi, I am the GP administrator for my company. I have the following questions: 1.My password is not case sensitive, this is not a good practice. How can I change the password policy to make it sensitive? 2. In the User Setup window, the Enforce Password Policy, Enforce Password Expiration and Change Password Next Login are all greyed out, is there any way to turn them on? Thanks in advance! Whats your SQL version? 2000 or later? -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 Great Package For Business Solutions daoudm@greatpbs.com http://www.great...