Not able to send or receive with windows mail.

I have set up windows mail but are not able to send or recveive mail i have
this error msg come up was wondering if someone might have some ideas on how
i fix this prob.

inactivity. Account: 'Windows Mail', Server: 'yahoo.com.au', Protocol: POP3,
Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

Thanks

"Travnikk" <Travnikk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have set up windows mail but are not able to send or recveive mail i have
> this error msg come up was wondering if someone might have some ideas on
> how
> i fix this prob.
>
> Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes
> for
> this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of
> inactivity. Account: 'Windows Mail', Server: 'yahoo.com.au', Protocol:
> POP3,
> Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F
>
> Thanks

Look her for the correct server names?

http://help.yahoo.com/l/au/yahoo7/mail/classic/pop/pop-14.html

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

0
mac

How do I send email mail merge from Outlook?
Hi, I'm evaluating CRM at the moment. I'd like to send email mail merges to single or multple contacts using templates that contain html images and custom CRM fields. I'd also like the email to be linked to the contact record. Could anyone tell me how to do this from within the Outlook client please. (I don't seem to have the settings tab available within Outlook). ...

cannot send attachment #2
my outlook will not let me send an attachment--help kelly <jfgeiger@verizon.net> wrote: > my outlook will not let me send an attachment--help What happens when you try? What version of Outlook? -- Brian Tillman ...

Is this do-able?
Hello Everybody. A user has created a 'select' query in MS Access. He normally 1/ runs the query (the user is prompted for an 'end' date / filter) 2/ switches to 'pivot table view' 3/ exports to MS Excel We would love to do this in one step. Any suggestions? * I know how to link to external data in MS Excel, and could then refresh the raw data in Excel. However, the number of lines in my resulting spreadsheet varies so my pivot table would have to be recreated or the range reset, I believe. Thank you for any ideas. (** Is there a better newsgroup to post thi...

Mail items deselected after sort
In all prior versions of Outlook, you could select several mail items, then sort by a different column, and all of your previously selected items would still be selected. In Outlook 2007, all of the mail items except the last one selected are deselected after a sort. Does this bother anyone else? Is there a fix? Thanks, Cathy ...

How can set up Excel to be able to print checks?
I wish to be able to build a template so I can print checks from an excel program. This file might be a help: http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/zipfiles/num2wrds.zip It's in the "Accountants" section on page: http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm It contains the "SPELLNUMBER" function, which can be used in your spreadsheets, two methods to convert numbers to words and two cheque writing routines. The code is open and commented. -- Andy Wiggins FCCA www.BygSoftware.com Excel, Access and VBA Consultancy - "catherine" <catherine@discussio...

Send/eceive status
I recently had to reinstall my operating system and consequently Outlook. Previously when I hit the send/recieve button I got a nice little status bar in the lower corner of the screen that indicated how many messages were being sent/received and I think it also showed the time left in the process. I cannot find how to get that back. I can only find the larger more obnoxious send/receive window that really only shows the two tasks of sending and receiving. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. -- fisharch Hi, To hide the send/receive window, just need to check the &quo...

winxp not able to join domain
hi! recently, i've some issues in a small grp of clients about 5% of the total 1000 PCs. We're not able to join these PCs into our win2003 domain. I've to rename the PCs before i can join to the domain. I've checked in the AD, the computer name is not there and all the dns, gateway and etc are correct. I didn't see any related msg in event viewer as well. for some of these pcs i've to re-join the domain for the user to login again. has anyone encouter this before? pls advise. thx Hello dkblee, Are the machines created from a not sysprepped image? Did...

should be able to print ATP
I would like to be able to print out the Available to Promise information. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=2d089892-1a1b-4a8a-9e3e-16757d015fff&dg=micros...

Mail Merge to Excel?
Is it possible to do a mail merge from CRM to an Excel template? Steve Korosy AbilityCRM ...

Not able to modify another users shared tasks with owner permissio
Some of the users here have started using tasks and they have shared their tasks. Here is the senario. User A has some tasks and has given User B owner access to their tasks list. User B opens the shared tasks of User A and cannot change the names or due dates of any of the tasks. We are using outlook 2003 with a exchange 2003 server here. I have looked all over for a reason for this but havent found an answer any help would be greatly appreciate. Thanks, What *kind* of access? Haven&#8217;t tried it, but I&#8217;d bet the delegate permissions need to be set to &#8220;Ed...

outlook wont send email
I have been using outlook and incredimail for different users in the family. I added a Palm and had to make outlook my default mail. Now I can not send anything in the out box. I have checked all the settings to no avial. ...

I cannot receive new messages or delete old ones
I cannot receive new messages to my Outlook Inbox, cannot delete them from Inbox or Deleted Messages. I get a message that states: c:\Exchange\mailbox.pst could not be accessed. Access denied. Help! Does that file exist on your machine? If so, is it not marked read-only? "John M." <johnmccabe@att.net> wrote in message news:089601c39ed4$7674d750$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I cannot receive new messages to my Outlook Inbox, cannot > delete them from Inbox or Deleted Messages. > > I get a message that states: c:\Exchange\mailbox.pst > could not be accessed. Acce...

How can force enable macros to be able to open my workbook?
I would like to be able to force employees to enable macros for a certain workbook or it will not let them open the workbook. And maybe put a password on it so if i would like to modify the workbook without the macros enabled. set up the workbook so that the only sheet showing is one with a message which says "You must enable macros for this workbook to work." in a large obvious font. Have the workbook password protected and all sheets veryhidden. In the workbook_Open event, hid that message-sheet & display the sheets which you'd need to have visible. So, if the user disab...

Host cmd.exe in my own window.
Hi all, I was wondering if it was possible to host the cmd.exe command line in my own application window. Is this possible? Basically I'd like to have my application show a window which works just like cmd.exe. Thanks in advance. Diego. dbarros@gmail.com wrote: > Hi all, > > I was wondering if it was possible to host the cmd.exe command line in > my own application window. Is this possible? Basically I'd like to have > my application show a window which works just like cmd.exe. > > Thanks in advance. > > Diego. > http://www.codeproject.com/dialog...

mail-enable Public Folders
Hello, I have ran the Exchange Delegation Wizard at the Administrative Group and assigned Exchange Full Admin rights. How do I give them permissions to mail-enable Public Folders??? They see no objects under FOLDERS. Thanks MaTT On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 06:13:13 -0500, "maTT" <matt.smith@jacobsonco.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I have ran the Exchange Delegation Wizard at the Administrative Group and >assigned Exchange >Full Admin rights. > >How do I give them permissions to mail-enable Public Folders??? > >They see no objects under FOLDERS. > >T...

how do you print addresses in proper order when mail merge to a po
I create a postcard in publisher with 4 postcard to a 8.5 X 11 sheet of paper, when printing 1 sided all is well, when I print 2 sided (duplex printer) the address that goes with the client name on the front is not correct. I know this has to do with the orientation of the printer and how it "TURNS" the paper over for 2 sided printing but can't find away to fix it - thanks for your help You will have to create two databases if you want Bill's address on one side and Dear Bill on the other. Data #1 Data#2 Bill Mabel Mabel ...

OUTLOOK 2002 SEND issues
I have a user that when she sends a message it does not go to the sent floder ( cannot find where it goes)It is sent in outlook to save sent items in the sent folder HELP Do you see anything in the Sent Items folder? If you open the folder and select View | Current View, is the unread messages view selected? -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "jay gardner" <jlgardner@ftb.com> wrote in message news:eab701c3f0a6$59771680$a501280a@phx.gbl... > ...

? send htlm file as an e-mail
HI, I am using Outlook Express and I am trying to send an htlm file as the e-mail copy - not as an attachment, can anyone tell me how. Thanks, This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID...

I am not able to do this...
I apologise cause of my lack of knowledge to do this. I have 2 questions 1) I need to copy all my excel files to a pen drive or CD. so, i searched them by using XP search function. I selected all, copied and pasted to pen drive but a prompt was immediately received "cannot read from source file or disk " 2) When a Excel file is generated and saved, can it be automatically saved in a different file in order to have all xls files duplicated in one XLS Folder ? Can I received some help to solve this matter ? I will be very appreciative of it. Os. #2. You could have a m...

Outlook Email will reecieve but not send
I have Outlook 2002 with WIndows Xp. My email account was working fine a few days ago. Now it will recieve but not send. I checked all my account setting with my ISP and they say its Outlook. Any ideas? JS On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 15:25:12 -0700, "JS" <jerry@creeklife.net> wrote: >I have Outlook 2002 with WIndows Xp. My email account was >working fine a few days ago. Now it will recieve but not >send. I checked all my account setting with my ISP and >they say its Outlook. Any ideas? > > >JS Go into your email accounts (Tools -> Email Accounts) Th...

Windows not updating
I've read and followed the advice to check BITS and Update are set to automatic and started but to no avail. I've done all that, then rebooted, but still can't get Windows to check for updates. I have the updater set to notify me which updates are available before downloading but as I've tried setting that to fully automatic and then checking for updates (didn't work) I'm guessing that's not a factor. Where do I go from here, please? I have: IE 8.0.6001 Vista Home 32 SP2 80070422 ERROR_SERVICE_DISABLED The service cannot be started, either ...

Remove msgs from Windows Live Mail, but keep them in Windows Hotma
Hi there, I have been using the Windows Live Mail (WLM) application to consolidate my Hotmail and Gmail email account (along with some other POP3 accounts) because sometimes I need to access many attachments from them. It seems that the protocol (DeltaSync ?) is synced between WLM and Hotmail though, meaning that if I delete msgs from either one, it also deletes from the other eventually. The problem now is that my email is really piling up and using up too much space on my computer. I want to remove (delete) them from my laptop, using Windows Live Mail, but I don't w...

not receiving
i have just installed outlook 2003 on a Win XP Pro machine it was upgraded from Outlook XP. Now its not receiving mail all the settings seem correct as checked with another machine. It will send but not recieve. TIA. hoping that someone can shed some light on this and point me in the right direction MIKE BTW all firewalls have been disabled having exactly the same problem. if I "send/receive this folder" it will bring the mail in but that is the only way I can get it to work. All settings seem perfect in my system as well. >-----Original Message----- >i have just ins...

Windows stuck at 125%
When I go to the task bar, the pop up that allows you to change the screen size between 100%, 125% and 150% doesn't show up to make the change back to 100%. Thanks for any ideas. Bob Use CTRL and the + and - keys. -- -- "The Dog Breeders List" <rltutt@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:AC17E05F-9910-44BD-8267-9E61E8C33AF8@microsoft.com... > When I go to the task bar, the pop up that allows you to change the screen > size between 100%, 125% and 150% doesn't show up to make the change back > to 100%. > > Thanks for any idea...

I don't have an option for moving Junk Mail into other folders
I recently moved my system to another computer and on re-installing Outlook 2002 I no longer have an option to automatically move my Junk Mail into a folder other than Input. The only option I have is to color code it. Can anyone direct me on how to fix this? smatlack;115967 Wrote: > I recently moved my system to another computer and on re-installing > Outlook > 2002 I no longer have an option to automatically move my Junk Mail into > a > folder other than Input. The only option I have is to color code it. > Can > anyone direct me on how to fix this? O...