newsgroup problems

Hello

Suddenly I am not able to get onto the newsgroup I use. I am given the
following message:

Windows Mail was unable to switch to the newsgroup 'uk.sci.weather' on the
server 'news.virginmedia.com'
480 Authentication Required.

Does anyone know what this means and how do I get back onto the newsgroup
please?

Trevor Smith

0
trevor

It means exactly what it says: Authentication Required.  Contact your ISP.

trevor wrote:
> Suddenly I am not able to get onto the newsgroup I use. I am given the
> following message:
>
> Windows Mail was unable to switch to the newsgroup 'uk.sci.weather' on the
> server 'news.virginmedia.com'
> 480 Authentication Required.
>
> Does anyone know what this means and how do I get back onto the newsgroup
> please?

0
PA
12/22/2009 1:36:22 AM
Did you make sure the username and password for that server are still =
correct?

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"trevor" <Trevorw.smith@virgin.net> wrote in message =
> Hello
>=20
> Suddenly I am not able to get onto the newsgroup I use. I am given the =

> following message:
>=20
> Windows Mail was unable to switch to the newsgroup 'uk.sci.weather' on =
the=20
> server 'news.virginmedia.com'
> 480 Authentication Required.
>=20
>=20
> Does anyone know what this means and how do I get back onto the =
newsgroup=20
> please?
>=20
> Trevor Smith=20

0
Gary
12/22/2009 4:25:45 AM
480 Authentication Required = Call your ISP since there was some sort of restriction
put in place

--
Peter

"trevor" <Trevorw.smith@virgin.net> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> Suddenly I am not able to get onto the newsgroup I use. I am given the following
> message:
>
> Windows Mail was unable to switch to the newsgroup 'uk.sci.weather' on the server
> 'news.virginmedia.com'
> 480 Authentication Required.
>

> Does anyone know what this means and how do I get back onto the newsgroup please?
>
> Trevor Smith

0
Peter

Range Naming Problems
Let me try this again. I need some expert help. I'm a battering VBA coder (beginner). How would I make the Sheet Name dynamic for this formula? I need to type the name of the sheet (Mask or any other name) in a cell, say A1, and the VBA code below ( I found it on the code here: http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/wizard.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc&tid=9929481c-550f-4c81-a3ea-637cac37464d&cat=en-us-excel&lang=en&cr=US&sloc=en-us&m=1&query=Dynamic+combo+box&type=question&p=1) would pick it up and make the necessary changes: Private Sub...

XMLNamespaceManager problem
I'm trying to query a XML file that was created via ADO.NET. My query wasn't returning anything, and I tracked the problem to an issue with the namespace that ADO.NET specified. When I remove the namespace from the XML data, the query worked. Okay, so I added code to create a XMLNamespaceManager and populate it with the namespace. Now, I'm getting this exception: Prefixes beginning with "xml" (regardless of whether the characters are uppercase, lowercase, or some combination thereof) are reserved for use by XML. At this point, the query isn't returning a...

Is there a newsgroup for Wndows 7?
Haven't been able to find one. TIA Try this link and select the appropriate M$ forum: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/windows7 "mag" <the1mag@comcast.net> wrote in message news:u94e50vqKHA.4752@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Haven't been able to find one. TIA > > "mag" <the1mag@comcast.net> wrote in message news:u94e50vqKHA.4752@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Haven't been able to find one. TIA > > Your ISP may not carry it, but there is alt.windows7.general. If not, then you can...

Report Server Problem
We moved the CRM databases and the Report Server to a different SQL server, ran repair installation of the CRM server and enabled delegation of the CRM server. In CRM client the list of reports is shown. If a user tries to run a report he got following error message: An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted) Cannot create a connection to data source 'CRM'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection) Login failed for user '[domain]\[username]'. If the Domain admin (= CRM admin user) runs the report from the same machine the report is functional. It behaves ...

Problem Printing page margin borders with Publisher 2003?
I use Pub 2003, (1) 11x17 page for a 2 page layout newsletter. I have 2 computer for this, one for back-up. When I print from computer one it prints fine, if I use computer 2 it prints the margin borders around the very edge of the page. How do I get to not print that border? I have not added any border or shape on anything. Thank you for you help! same printer? with same rev. print driver? -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "docproc" <docproc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0ADFF825-466C-4D68-963E-1EA51ABF93D2@micro...

NSPI Proxy problem: MSExchangeSA and Global Catalog
sorry for my english the problem: i've shut down my 2 DC for mainteinance (in one i have Exchange 2003). after i've turn on the 2 DC (one with my exchange 2003) but i still get 3 error in application log of exchange : ID 9176 : NSPI Proxy can contact Global Catalog but it does not support the NSPI service. After a Domain Controller is promoted to a Global Catalog, the Global Catalog must be rebooted to support MAPI Clients. Reboot as soon as possible. ID 9057 : NSPI Proxy cannot contact any GC ID 9143 : Referral Interface cannot contact any Global Catalog that supports the NSPI...

Outlook and Newsgroup Handling?
The last time I looked at Outlook back when I was using W95B it did not support Newsgroups. Can anyone tell me if any of the newer versions, (Outlook 2000, 2002) supports? Thanks no, outlook does not support newsgroups. you need OE or another newsreader for that. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, Visual Quick Start Guide - OneNote 2003 Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone Search for answers: http://groups.google.com M...

Difficult problem
I have a table with record. Each record has an opening date and most records have a closing time. What I would like is to see a pivot table or chart where I can see per year and month the ammount of opened records and closed records. I have allready create a query which reports a count of opened records per year/month and I have also created another query which counts each closed records (without the records with no closing time yet) How can I combine these 2 queries? Write this sql as Source of your pivot table; SELECT Table1.*, IIf(IsNull([ClosingTime]),"Opened","Closed...

newsgroup
why does windows email select a random message instead of the last message when i go to this newsgroup? I. ...

Yodlee Sync Problems
Using Money 2005 Standard and have 2 FI's that depend on Yodlee interface to dowload tranactions and balances. Both had been working most of the time until about ten days ago, one of the FI's will not successfully download transactions or balances. If I go to a Yodlee account that I have it will refresh that FI successfully every time, however, Money 2005 will not pick it up. The Technical Support Error Code on Money Central shows as error code -3002 "The data provider was unable to collect your account information. This issue may occur if the website where account infor...

problem downloading the updates
good day. its been quite sometime now that i cannot install the update for Microsoft NET Framework 1.1 SP1 Security Update for Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 KB979906. How can i fix this problem?...

Newsgroups
Does Outlook let you access Newsgroups? -- Thank You, Robert Runkel P.O. Box 1816 Monterey, CA 93942-1816 Home Phone: 831-648-8651 Cell Phone: 831-402-4943 FAX Phone: 831-649-7174 Below is the email address to contact Bob Runkel: <mailto:BRUNKEL@ACM.ORG> Not directly. By default, Outlook uses a news only version (i.e. no mail functions available) of Outlook Express as its newsreader. You can get to it from within Outlook by using View | Go To | News. If you'd prefer to use a 3rd party newsreader such as Agent or Gravity, you would just need to change your default news client...

Reading newsgroup in Outlook Express
Need a review........... Had it set up in format incarnation. Now my system is back at Step One. Would some kind soul please help me find out which server to point OE to so that I can read this group in something other than the web. The search functions here aren't the greatest. Thank you :-) Murphy's Law says that I no sooner submit the request when I find the answer for myself. "JL Amerson" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:037001c3795c$658430a0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Need a review........... > > Had it set up in format incarnation. Now...

Installation Problems
Whenever I try to install Visio Professional 2003, everything is goin well until I receive error message 1402 indicating that I do not hav access to the registry key. I have tried everything imaginable t troubleshoot this problem to no avail. Help -- alici Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i Probably need more information like where is it being installed (local/remote), what operating system are you attempting to use, do you have appropriate priveleges, etc. al "alicia" <alicia.27d5er@NoSpamPleaze.com> wrote in message news:alicia.27d5er@NoSpamPleaze.com... > >...

Help
Hi, I've been following KB307917 faithfully as I migrate my old exchange 2000 to a new box with Exchange 2003. I have a FE/BE setup, FE was already upgraded to E2k3, but still running Win2k. All remote services were working fine from the outside, including OWA, POP3 and IMAP (all 3 with SSL). Today, I hit the point where I removed the public folder replicas from the old server, rehomed the RUS, and set the new server as Master of Routing group. All seemed to go well, except, OWA still works from outside (and inside) but POP3 and IMAP do not work remotely. If I VPN in, I can get mail...

Problem
Hi, The reminders of the callendar and tasks won't appear in Outlook. A message appears in the systemtray that the reminder service couldn't start. Running the switch /CleanReminder or /resetfolder doesn't help. Also making a new profile has no effect. A Does anybody know a solution? Henry Are you running Exchange? Also check your Calendar Free/Busy options in Tools-> Options-> tab Preferences-> button Calendar Options-> button Free/Busy Options... Make sure all is unchecked. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News...

Columns Problem
Hello Fellow Excel users, I have alittle problem which i hope somebody can point me in the right direction Picture my screen in excel Col A is a list of Names with Multiple entries for the same person Col B is a number ranging from 0 to 7 eg A B Joe Bloggs 1 Jim Smith 2 Joe Bloggs 4 Pete Smith 5 Jim Smith 4 What i want to create is another list where Col A is a list of names Just 1 entry per name Col B the sum of all entries for that persons name e...

Newsgroup
How are you suppose to view newsgroup via Outlook Express if the NNTP server no longer exists. Dan server is msnews.microsoft.com newsgroup is microsoft.public.pos "DJ" <lane.dj@gmail.com> wrote in message news:37b6520e-018f-43ac-8f72-24724abc0220@c10g2000yqi.googlegroups.com... > How are you suppose to view newsgroup via Outlook Express if the NNTP > server no longer exists. > > Dan In this case, the server and group have been reborn. However, even if they go away, there is a solution: http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/releases/view/47...

problem with creating help
Hi, I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me here. I would like to create a help file for the Access database we created for our client. I have a user manual document saved in RTF. What i would like the users to be able to press F1 button to retrieve the user manual document. I have followed the guide in the windows help file but did not manage to get it to work. Could anyone give me a guide as to get this help file to work? Thank you in advance Your version of Access? "Associates" wrote: > Hi, > > I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me here...

DRAWCLI drawing problem
I have built the DRAWCLI sample and used Insert Object to add an excel spreadsheet. When the object is active (i.e. I have double clicked on it) and I scroll down it doesn't display properly. I get hatched drawing and the bottom portion is shifted to the right. As I scroll to the bottom it then corrects itself. The same problem is then seen when scrolling up. How do I fix this? ...

Problems with Mutliple Users
I tried Office '03 but then uninstalled and went bck to Office XP. (Long story) For some reason, now Outlook won't work when two users are logged in on an XP Home machine simultaneously. Any ideas? Actually I'm more interested in your Outlook 2003 problems ;-) Please post them as well and we'll try to help you solve them as well. Anyway, log on as the administrator and see if that works and no installer pops-up anymore. Then log on with the users separate from eachother and start Outlook. Then log off (or even restart) and try it again with user switching. Do you get any ...

Access newsgroups through Outlook Express
Hi, silly question, how do we connect to these newsgroups using outlook express. I tried to connect to Public.microsoft.com, but with no luck. It finds the server but can´t download the list. ideas? I connect through news.microsoft.com. -- Jeffry van de Vuurst CWR Mobility www.cwrmobility.com -- "David" <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DB12CBBC-BC6B-4D29-9856-0DD080124123@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > silly question, how do we connect to these newsgroups using outlook > express. > I tried to connect to Public.microsoft.com, bu...

Problem I displaying a ToolTip
Hi All, I created a function to display Tool Tip associated to any control of a Dialog. And called in OnInitDialog, after it I also called EnableToolTips(TRUE) but I didn't get result. One thing I am currently working with VC++ 5.0 Please advice me. void CTransferDlg::SetToolTip(UINT nID, LPCTSTR pszToolTip) { RECT rect; m_ToolTipCtrl.Create(this,WS_POPUP |WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW |TTS_ALWAYSTIP); // Create Tool Tip Window GetDlgItem(nID)->GetClientRect(&rect); // Retrieve rectangle parameter. m_ToolTipCtrl.AddTool(this,pszToolTip, &rect, nID); // Now Add the ...

Excel 2003 Filter Problem
I recently upgraded to Excel 2003 and am having a problem with filtering. Occasionally (and I don't know what I'm doing that causes it!) when I apply a filter, it "freezes" the worksheet and I'm unable to filter on other columns or even to remove the filter. I'd appreciate any help or ideas! Have you been screwing around cleaning up workbook/worksheet names? Do you see the arrows, but when you click on them, they don't do anything? If yes, maybe this will fix the problem. Select your cells with the arrows -- just the header row is enough. Then Insert|nam...

Thumbnails in newsgroups
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0017_01CB1460.13D82760 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I love the new beta except that in the newsgroups and pictures arrive as = thumbnails. Does anyone know how to get them to download at the correct size. TIA ------=_NextPart_000_0017_01CB1460.13D82760 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> &l...