new to windows mail

i am purely trying to use this program to respond to ads in craigslist. I am
new to this program and have no idea how to set it up. When i click on the
address of the ad i would like to respond to an error message pops up saying
"the host 'yahoo' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the
server name correctly." Well how do I change the server name. Honestly, I
just want to get this thing working so please help this not so computer savvy
person.

You may be asking the wrong question.
Do you really want to get Windows Mail working, or do you just
want to be able to send Craigslist responses via your usual mail
sending method? If the latter, we need you to tell us who your usual
mail service provider is. If that is Yahoo webmail, see
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/settings/settings-10.html

Note: Free US-based Yahoo accounts have webmail access only,
no POP/SMTP access.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"jeska86" <jeska86@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
>i am purely trying to use this program to respond to ads in craigslist. =
I am=20
> new to this program and have no idea how to set it up. When i click on =
the=20
> address of the ad i would like to respond to an error message pops up =
saying=20
> "the host 'yahoo' could not be found. Please verify that you have =
entered the=20
> server name correctly." Well how do I change the server name. =
Honestly, I=20
> just want to get this thing working so please help this not so =
computer savvy=20
> person.
0
Gary
1/5/2010 9:16:28 PM
Gary, Maybe you can help me also, in regards to craigslist.  I always use
windows mail.  When my husband replies to an ad on craigslist, Avast opens
with Outlook.  Replies to a job come up with this error;
Hi there. You recently tried to email job-g7d54-1537095500@craigslist.org,
an anonymous craigslist address. However, your message was too big to be sent
through our system.

Craigslist has a 150KB limit on the messages we'll send. Please reduce the
size of your mail and try again.

Thanks for using craigslist.

---- The original headers appear below this line ----
From: "Vince & Chris Pecoraro" <cvpecoraro@wowway.com>
To: <job-g7d54-1537095500@craigslist.org>
Subject: Production Manager Resume Attached
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 22:48:15 -0500

Also, we get this reposnce:
Sorry, but the craigslist user address you recently mailed
(sale-5wtz4-1499123583@craigslist.org) does not seem to be valid. It could be
you're trying to respond to a very old posting, or that the user has not
requested anonymous email forwarding. Please check the address and try again.

---- The original headers appear below this line ----
From: "Vince & Chris Pecoraro" <cvpecoraro@wowway.com>
To: <sale-5wtz4-1499123583@craigslist.org>
Subject: Snowblower, single stage Ariens SS522E - $275 (Shelby Twp.)
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 18:56:50 -0500

Is there an easy way of setting this up so Windows mail pops up and when we
reply to an ad to get it to go thru?  Any suggestions?
--
Thank you for your help,  Chris

"Gary VanderMolen (MVP)" wrote:

> You may be asking the wrong question.
> Do you really want to get Windows Mail working, or do you just
> want to be able to send Craigslist responses via your usual mail
> sending method? If the latter, we need you to tell us who your usual
> mail service provider is. If that is Yahoo webmail, see
> http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/settings/settings-10.html
>
> Note: Free US-based Yahoo accounts have webmail access only,
> no POP/SMTP access.

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen
>

> "jeska86" <jeska86@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:97019AF7-2E47-413D-A542-AAE91E92BE83@microsoft.com...
> >i am purely trying to use this program to respond to ads in craigslist. I am
> > new to this program and have no idea how to set it up. When i click on the
> > address of the ad i would like to respond to an error message pops up saying
> > "the host 'yahoo' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the
> > server name correctly." Well how do I change the server name. Honestly, I
> > just want to get this thing working so please help this not so computer savvy
> > person.
> .

In order to have Windows Mail handle Craigslist responses, your=20
Windows Mail needs to have all of its default protocols assigned.
Open the Default Programs applet, which you can access either from
the Start menu or via the Control Panel, then click the first item:
"Set your default programs."
After a few seconds, a list of programs comes up. Click on "Windows
Mail". If it doesn't respond with "This program has all its defaults"
then fix it by clicking on the option indicated by the first green =
arrow.=20

Incidentally, that first bounce notice was in regard to a message sent=20
from Windows Mail. It shows that Avast! antivirus was used to scan the
outgoing email message. This is a bad practice as explained here:
Your Avast! antivirus was probably installed with its default install =
option,
which installs an email scanning module. Just disabling its email =
scanning
is not a sufficient remedy. Uninstall Avast!, then reinstall, but select =
'custom'=20
install, which then allows you to unselect installing its troublesome =
email=20
scanning module.
=20
Note: For future reference, it is better to start a new thread (rather =
than=20
adding to an existing thread) when posting a new issue.

job-g7d54-1537095500@craigslist.org,=20
> an anonymous craigslist address. However, your message was too big to =
be sent=20
> through our system.
>=20
> Craigslist has a 150KB limit on the messages we'll send. Please reduce =
the=20
> size of your mail and try again.
>=20
> Thanks for using craigslist.
>=20
> ---- The original headers appear below this line ----
cv=3DX4oI3ngadWxKqoBcKlQ/4TbOWKLdagm5yz3aCV0a2cQ=3D c=3D1=20
> sm=3D0 a=3DQP5IY3kgAAAA:8 a=3DHU68PDipnAluXI7YKKwA:9 =
a=3D-IiqIjOsLlNUOwCY3VEA:7=20
> a=3DN4wS5oNH2fPau3O2Yfh2wtG5QyEA:4 a=3DQSgwpDPM968A:10 =
a=3D5zYeSikWmHYA:10=20
> a=3DGY6cGgbqMlUA:10 a=3DzEoJXyrrGmEA:10 a=3DReWtIU1ZaUBWko2q:21=20
> a=3DxGpFzr7F_fTH0WaP:21 a=3DF3DOY_mzJwxZJVdtTwIA:9 =
a=3DNShVbIfXJjgxDCYX_OoA:7=20
> a=3DbhZU-jnc0Wllkp-GlO9v5jLYgMwA:4 =
a=3DnE2ocQB1hRaKbcuikwGevQ=3D=3D:117
> From: "Vince & Chris Pecoraro" <cvpecoraro@wowway.com>
> To: <job-g7d54-1537095500@craigslist.org>
> Subject: Production Manager Resume Attached=20
> Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 22:48:15 -0500
>=20
> Also, we get this reposnce:
> Sorry, but the craigslist user address you recently mailed=20
> (sale-5wtz4-1499123583@craigslist.org) does not seem to be valid. It =
could be=20
> you're trying to respond to a very old posting, or that the user has =
not=20
> requested anonymous email forwarding. Please check the address and try =
again.
>=20
>=20
> ---- The original headers appear below this line ----
> From: "Vince & Chris Pecoraro" <cvpecoraro@wowway.com>
> To: <sale-5wtz4-1499123583@craigslist.org>
> Subject: Snowblower, single stage Ariens SS522E - $275 (Shelby Twp.)
> Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 18:56:50 -0500
>=20
>=20
> Is there an easy way of setting this up so Windows mail pops up and =
when we=20
> reply to an ad to get it to go thru?  Any suggestions?
> --=20
> Thank you for your help,  Chris

0
Gary

Windows Live shuts down (No warning)
Recently and I mean within the last 2 days I noticed that when I start my Windows Live and I click on one of my 3 email accounts it closes... not warning just brings me back to the Desktop. Happens more often when I select 1 certain hotmail account (I have 2 added to Windows Live). It takes about 3-4 tries of restarting Live to get it to work. Of course if I deleted any emails from my other 2 accounts they reappear as if I didn't remove anything. Its very strange. So I tried to see if there was an update, but since I don't have IE as my default browser MS was giving m...

Must buy new computer...Ideas?

Default properties for new folders

Display SQL Results in HTML Window
Let's say I just want to display every item description and quantity in a html window called by a custom POS button. How would I use SQL within the html file to do this? I tried to pare down the drilldown.htm file, but I hit too many bumps in the road and finally gave up. I hope someone can give me a simple example so I can move forward. I just want to display the results of: SELECT description, quantity FROM Item ...

How do I get mail which arrives in Outlook in an Access database
Hi all. In a database which I'm going to create I need to get mail which users send into a Outlook mailbox. I have read that this is easy in Access 2007 - but how do I do it in 2003? It is very fine if the Access 2003 database can import the mail automatically from the Outlook mail box - or do the mail need to go through an Outlook mail box? Can the users send it directly to the Access database? Hoping you can give me some words. Thank you very much in advance. Jo ...

Deinstalling and reinstalling Windows Live Mail
A few months ago, I tried installing Windows Live Mail on one of my computers, and found that the installation did not complete properly, apparantly because it was unable to handle importing Windows Mail storage folders containing very large numbers of unread newsgroup posts (such as 149,000). Within the last week, I tried installing WLM on another of my computers with much less in its storage folders; that succeeded and gave me a better user interface. Is it possibly to deinstall WLM from the first computer, along with its rather incomplete messages database, and start over...

New Email Messages

New Location/New setup

Outlook 2003, Windows 7, crashing on Reminders
Hi All. I'm using Outlook 2003 SP3 on my new Windows 7 machine. All is fine in Outlook until the reminder window needs to pop up. As soon as it does, with maybe a second delay, the entire computer seizes and I need to power off to reboot. None of the reminders actually load/display in the pop-up Reminders window, though the title bar for the pop-up starts to count the number but stalls on "1 Reminder". Running Outlook in "safe" mode is just fine. The reminders pop-up opens no problem and I just continue working. Running in "normal" mode,...

How do I activate the new mail button

Style available all sheets new or old

unable to delete mail selected by using OWA
Hi All, I am having problem in deleting mails from inbox. My mail server is SBS 2003 - Exchange server 2003. some mails from Info@xxxxxxx.com are not able to delete, whenever I try to delete, I am getting "400 Bad Request" and "SOme Items can't be deleted,They were either moved,already deleted,or access was denied." and I can not block this mails as the domain name keep changing. All our clients are using OWA. Please help us and suggest solution for this issue. Is there any patch or fix up available ? Thank you, Mani. Info Tech Systems Manager Naval Exchange ...

Adding new pages

Mail in HTML-format (with .fla-file(s))
I get them all the time from firms that insist on sending me "great offers" of various kinds; those animated, designed mails with gif-anims, flash clips etc. Can anyone point me towards a tutorial so that I can start impressing my friends with this kind of stuff, please! I tried simply attaching a .fla and an html with instructions, as a Christmas card, but this isobviously too complicated for your average user, viz. relatives and the like. Happy New Year, btw Lennart Hildeman Scania ...

New messages comes up in Deleted folder

Outlook Express 6 loosing e-mail after reading & 2 copies
I read my email and then I switch to another folder SENT/Trash etc... I go back to my INBOX and my email is gone. Does anyone know why? I also have another problem. When I check for new email I get 2 copies of every one. Any body know why? Thanks in advance, Bill This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5....

New User has admin rights

Creating new row in other table
Dear All, Please teach me, how to make a new row/list in other table by entering number in other table. Sample, In the table A and in the field "Details", I put the number 2 and it automatically creates two rows in table B. Can this be done in MS Access? Thank you for your help. Regards, Maulwy Why? What business need are you attempting to solve with this approach? It's generally considered not very good database design to be creating 'empty' rows in a second table. Why do you want empty rows? And if the number you enter in TableA is a 'limit&...

Downloading mails from 2 different pop3 internet mail accounts
I have configured 2 pop3 internet mail accts with different user name but with identical mail server. I made one acct as default acct. But I am receiving mails from non default acct also. I need a solution to receive mails from 1 acct at one time and also to defferent personal folders. "afn" <farhana@internationalconcepts.net> wrote in message news:288f01c3e0fc$857abde0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have configured 2 pop3 internet mail accts with > different user name but with identical mail server. I > made one acct as default acct. But I am receiving mails > ...