MAPI not working

I am using MYOB and want to send emails directly from MYOB using Windows
Mail. However when I click on email in MYOB I get a message saying that
"cannot find MAPI32.dll. Please install MAPI" I have tried this by
downloading the mapi32.dll from a site but this has not worked. Can anyone
help me please?  FabFay

0
Fabfay

MYOB needs a full MAPI client like Outlook.
Windows Mail won't work.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Fabfay" <fabfay@iinet.net.au> wrote in message =
>I am using MYOB and want to send emails directly from MYOB using =
Windows=20
> Mail. However when I click on email in MYOB I get a message saying =
that=20
> "cannot find MAPI32.dll. Please install MAPI" I have tried this by=20
> downloading the mapi32.dll from a site but this has not worked. Can =
anyone=20
> help me please?  FabFay=20

0
Gary

Money 2007 Delux stops working when updating
I've been using Money 2007 Deluxe since its release with no problems. Suddenly last week it stops working whenever I request it to update my accounts. If I do not force an update to the accounts - it works perfectly fine and will download transactions every 24 or so hours. I've read a number of posts with people having issues when the program opens - I don't know if it's the same issue. Still, I've reinstalled the software, closed modules, changed my start page and removed online services for ING Direct (an issue in and of itself). Is there a fix out ...

Reports only work on server
Hello, We are having an issue with running reports. The reports only work when run directly from the server. I am guessing this is a permissions issue? The error is as follows: Reporting Services Error a.. An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted) Get Online Help a.. Cannot create a connection to data source 'CRM'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection) Get Online Help a.. Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON'. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Neil The most likely reason for this would be if Reporting Services was inst...

MAPI "OpenMsgStore" failed
Help this is the error I am getting: The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error: You do not have permission to log on. The MAPI provider failed. Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store ID no: 8004011d-0519-00000000 Source: MSExchangeSA Category: MAPI Session EventID: 9175 This shows up about once a min. in the event log - but everything seems to be working OK. This is a new Exchange 2003 setup - We had a single label domain on our old server - To fix, I installed a new sever and used EXMERGE to try to bring mail over from the old server. While trying...

Webmail not working
Hi We have recently upgraded one of our exchange 5.5 sites to 2003 by adding a new server and removing the old 5.5 server. Everything works on this server apart from webmail. We have a central front end webmail server that we use to access all of our 2003 servers and this is working for all the exchanges servers apart from this new one. When you try to access the page you enter your username and password and the page goes blank and after about 60 secs or so it comes back with page cannot be displayed. If I try to directly connect to webmail on the server after entering my password I g...

Mail merge working erratically
I use a calculated field from Excel as a mail merge in Word. We hav changed from Office 2K to office XP. From then on there is a decima overflow. If my data in excel is 0.06, the same in word is reflecte as 5.666666666666669 etc. Some one kindly help. I did not have thi problem in office 2k:confused -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi krishca , If the column were text, you won't have the problem, but since it is a numeric field in Excel XP you would want to ... In the Confirm Data Source dialog box, click the MS Excel Worksheets via DDE (*.xls), and then ...

Re: spell checker not working #3
I'm currently running Outlook 2002 with Win XP. I just received a new message stating "error occurred while checking spelling" I tried to run detect and repair but with no luck. It was working previously. Any suggestions. ...

Change folder permissions no longer working
Hi I have a script that sets various folder permissions for a domain user. This has worked fine for ages without problems. The other day i installed a second domain controller into the domain. Since then i get the following error when i run this script (although it seems to be intermittent) Exception calling "SetAccessRule" with "1" argument(s): "Some or all identity references could not be translated." At C:\Provisioning\newsite.ps1:129 char:19 + $acl.SetAccessRule <<<< ($accessRule) ######?? + CategoryInfo : NotSpecif...

MAPI in GP
Hello All, Can anyone assist me in detail how can i use MAPI feature in Great Plains 9.0. -- With Regards Junaid Idrees Associate Project Manager Enterprise Business Solutions That depends on what you mean by "use the MAPI feature in Great Plains". What are you trying to accomplish? patrick mbs developer support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Junaid Idrees" <junaid_rms@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB1AE16F-FE51-4465-9643-83F6A15EC763@microsoft.com... > Hello All, > > Can...

multiple work sheets
If I have 26 worksheets in my workbook On each sheet column A has the part # column B has customer name column C has part # column column D has product decription column E has order date column F has due date column G has order quanity, . Is there anyway i can pull the information from each worksheet by the due date, have it on a seperate worksheet group by the due date. What i would really like, is for when i key the due date information it automatically appears on the other worksheet designated for that day? why not have all of the info from each sheet linked to another sheet wher...

extended mapi
Hi, I want some help/hint on how we can place an image in the header of the preview pane using Extended MAPI. This would be for Outlook and Outlook express also. We can show a thumbnail of sender in the righthand space of the preview pane header where we see sender, receiver email addresses and subject in gray background. Thanks, shahaji ...

MAPI
My Canon Camera A70 instructions tell me that my email program ( Outlook) must be set up as a MAPI client in order to send an image as an attachment to an email using Zoom Browser EX. How do I do this Is Outlook your default email program to send/receive email - or do you have it set to Outlook Express or some other third party program? Check Control Panel - Internet Properties - Programs and see if Microsoft Outlook is selected for email. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01da01c3a0be$37d17490$a501280a@phx.gbl... > My Canon Camera A70 instructions tell...

UDP socket works fine on NT, doesn't work on Windows 2000 outside VS 6.0 IDE
We have an old client-server MFC application that uses UDP socket connection between client and server. In a nutshell, the client opens a connection, and the server starts sending small heartbeats every second. Everything works fine on Win95/98/NT4.0 SP6 and on Windows 2000 SP3 inside VS 6.0 IDE in the debug mode. On Windows 2000 either inside IDE (release mode) or outside VS 6.0 IDE (both debug and release build), client only receives a few first heartbeats, nothing thereafter. And the socket remains open. Is anyone familiar with this behaviour? Any suggestions? Any help will be greatly app...

DCount?? not working. Pls help
My data is orgnaised as follows: A B C D E David 2245 abcd efgh ijk Susan 2249 xyz etc etc Mickey 1234 etc 123 etc Arnold 4321 etc.... David 1441 Mickey abcd etc etc I want to count the number of non blank cells in B for each "David", "Susan" etc in A, and have the value returned in another sheet. I tried DCount, but it doesnt seem to be working. -- KDDXB I mocked up your data as you provided it, with names in A1:A6 etc. I entered "David" in A8 and this formul...

MAPI problem
Hello, in my application, I'm using MAPI to get some messages in the mailbox. I'm using MAPIFindNext to browse mails. On a big mailbox (about 1500 messages) I have no problems with thunderbird, but with Outlook 2003 it's very slow and if I open a new application, I can't work with it because it loose focus when my app loop. here is a sample that demonstrate it: BOOL bOK = TRUE; CString cursor; while (bOK) { char result[513]; try { m_LastMAPIError=MAPIFindNext(hSession(), hparent, NULL , cursor, MAPI_LONG_MSGID, 0, result); if (m_LastMAPIError==SUC...

Marking cells with keyboard commands
Hi! I have an annoying problem when marking cells for pivot tables. I like to use the keyboard to mark spreadsheet areas. However, sometime this doesn't work because the cursor moves within the dialogue box instead of the spreadsheet (like when you're marking an area for a pivot table). Any suggestions? Thanx! ...

how to mail programmatically and MAPI ?
Hello, is there a way to programmatically choose the recipients and text and attachments before the opening of the mail window done by the message ID_FILE_SEND_MAIL ( which opens the default mail software window as Outlook Express or Netscape ) Thanks Xavier > is there a way to programmatically choose the recipients and text and > attachments before the opening of the mail window done by the message > ID_FILE_SEND_MAIL ( which opens the default mail software window as > Outlook Express or Netscape ) You can control the messagebody, recipents, attachments, ... using the ...

"Forward to" altRecipient not working in script
I am trying to assign the "Forward to" value using a script. I write the value in distinguished name format to "altRecipient". I wait 15 minutes or more. But nothing shows up. Same for "DeliverAndForward". Does anyone know what I might be missing? Thanks very much in advance. Ron Proschan On Wed, 19 Jul 2006 10:59:01 -0700, Ron Proschan <RonProschan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to assign the "Forward to" value using a script. I write the >value in distinguished name format to "altRecipient". I wait 1...

how do I log into my work email from home
how do I log into my work email from home Ask your work email Admin. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, blampani asked: | how do I log into my work email from home ...

Excel 2003 Upgrade
If I only have Microsoft Works Suite 2004, and I purchase the Excel 2003 upgrade, will I get the full functionality of Excel, or just an upgraded Works spreadsheet program? I went to the Microsoft site, and it states that Works Suite 2004 does qualify for upgrade eligibility. However, I am not sure what that really means. Thanks. Steve Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany bermuda1995@aoll.com wrote: > If I only have Microsoft Works Suite 2004, and I purchase > the Excel 2003 upgrade, will I get the full functionality > of Excel, or just an upg...

'06 transaction matching suddenly not working
Yesterday, working...today, not so much. Today, when I try to unmatch a transaction, I can get to the "Change transaction matching" screen, but when I select "Don't match these transactions" and click "Done", nothing happens. The button simply seems not to work. When I click "Cancel", I am returned to the Account Register. Or, when I try to match a downloaded transaction, only transactions past today's date appear. Past transactions in my account register do not. Oddly enough, if I pick a wrong transaction, the "Done" button will w...

Should an XLA for Windows Excel work on Mac Excel?
Should an XLA written for Windows Excel work on Mac Excel? (If the XLA is executed via an interpreter, it could be possible.) Thanks in advance for any info. -Vik XLA's are just workbook files saved in a different format, so in general they will be compatible, subject to the same restrictions in any other workbook: 1) MacXL does not support ActiveX 2) MacXL uses VBA5, equivalent to WinXL97. If you use VBA6 commands, you'll need to conditionally compile or build in your own. 3) A few commands have platform specific arguments. 4) There are a very few commands (such as GetOpenFile...

could not create the work file
I am using Outlook 2007 and just the other day, I started getting the following error message: Outlook could not create the workfile. Check the temp environment variable I googled this error and found a couple of articles suggesting the fix is a registry entry: Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders Value name: Cache %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files I verified the key has the correct value. Does anyone have any other idea as to what is causing this error and how to fix it? Thanks. ...

Citation-one author several works
I really need some advice please. How can I get Word to include the short title in the citations for several works by the same author? It does not seem to recognize that it is including the same citation for three different works? Thank you in advance I can't get Word to _not_ include the title (I've never used the Short Title line) in a citation when using "Chicago" style -- even though Chicago style doesn't do that. (Chicago style uses 2000a, 2000b). Which style is supposed to do that but doesn't? You may have to fix your manually, as I have to do min...

Default Recipient Policy not working #2
OK, when I add a user in exchange 2003 (on SBS 2003) the user is created but no email addresses are created. The default policy properties contains two smtp address policies: @domain.local @domain.com I also tried "apply this policy now" and that didn't update any of the email infomation in the users' properties. I also wanted to create firstname.lastname aliases by adding %g.%s@domain.com to the recipient policy and applying it, but nothing happened. What am I doing wrong? Also, is there any way to create an address and actually send messages FROM that address ...

Application_ItemSend not working
Apparently there is no built-in functionality to Outlook 2002 to automatically add contacts that you either send or reply to. However, I found some code that uses Redemption library to add a new contact whenever you send to an email not in your contact list. I am supposed to put some of the code in the Application_ItemSend event for ThisOutlookSession. I hit Alt-F11 to open the Visual Basic editor, and chose Application from the first drop down, and ItemSend from the second drop-down and it created the stub sub. I added the code in and tried sending an email. Nothing happened. I tried pu...