lost save file

I had a hard drive crash....was able to retrive everything from  outlook
express except my "SAVE FOLDERS"....I'm sure they are there...any ideas where
I should look or what I need to do????
I really need the folders.
Thanks

Search for .eml files . . . . .

"Tink" <Tink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I had a hard drive crash....was able to retrive everything from  outlook
> express except my "SAVE FOLDERS"....I'm sure they are there...any ideas
> where
> I should look or what I need to do????
> I really need the folders.
> Thanks

0
slk759
1/15/2010 2:44:44 AM
Outlook Express or Windows Mail?
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP [Mail]

"Tink" <Tink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I had a hard drive crash....was able to retrive everything from  outlook
> express except my "SAVE FOLDERS"....I'm sure they are there...any ideas
> where
> I should look or what I need to do????
> I really need the folders.
> Thanks

0
Bruce

Save excel as xml: null elements are missing #2
Hi, I am saving a xls file to xml data format, I use a xsd for the mapping. For some reasons the following happened: 1. On the output, the first line on the XML it says says <xml ... =91standalone =3D =93yes=94>. Is there anything I can set in xls, so that c= an be removed? 2. Some of the elements on the output is not shown when the Excel's cells is empty (not even the element's tag name) . I need those elements to appear even the cell is empty. Thanks in advance. Your help would be greatly appreciated. ...

Convert .mdi file to pdf
Hello, I want to convert a .mdi file to .pdf file. Is it possible? Thank You, Pawan In the Document Imaging application, doesn't the PDF printer option appear in the printer options? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Pawan" <Pawan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E83E510-3F19-4B45-86E9-8FC1A99BD934@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I want to convert a .mdi file to .pdf file. Is it possible? > > Thank You, > Pawan ...

how to save extracted audio as .wav
hi all, I have a video format(.cam) and audio files are stored in it.I can able to extract and play audio using waveout funtions in wave class. I would like to save the extracted audio in .wav format. how to do this.do i need to add any class like waveIn I saw the following code to record wav file. // Uses the MCI_OPEN, MCI_RECORD, and MCI_SAVE commands to record and // save a waveform-audio file. Returns 0L if successful; otherwise, // it returns an MCI error code. DWORD recordWAVEFile(DWORD dwMilliSeconds) { UINT wDeviceID; DWORD dwReturn; MCI_OPEN_PARMS mciOpenParms; M...

Lost Formatting When tab is copied
My problem would seem to be very basic. I have a table that has values with dollars in columns and then a rate (i.e. one cell less another and then divide) in percentage format. When I copy an existing tab either into the same workbook or into a new workbook, many of my percent formats change to dollar format. This happens no matter what page I copy and it happens on pages that I am not even touching or copying. Often times these cells that lose their formatting are next to cells that are in dollar format that are pulling their data from pivot table. Could this have anything to do with it? ...

Outlook 2003 "synchronizing files"
I am trying to advise by email someone who uses Outlook 2003, who is complaining about an icon that appears with the message "synchronizing files" which slows down sending and receiving. All the info I can find related to this is to do with using an Exchange Server. This person is using POP3/SMTP. Any ideas? ...

Can you save an MDB file using VBA?
I have an Access 2003 application that is typically used for large amounts of data entry in a relatively short period of time by multiple users - all accessing the same back-end MDB file. I am looking for a way to back up this MDB file to a different PC on the network on a regular basis, perhaps by an automatic backup at predefined intervals. This would require some VBA code to save the file. However, I'm struggling to find something suitable. My first thought was to use DoCmd.Save, but that does not seem to apply to a database object. Any suggestions? David David, You can do ...

What is the Outlook 2007 "PST" file called and how do I find it?
In prior versions of Outlook, I could always find the Outlook user data by scanning for PST file type. I've got a machine in which an eval version was used and now expired. I want to save the data for the day when I might buy Outlook and pick up where I left off. I can't find a PST file. -- Al Dykes News is something someone wants to suppress, everything else is advertising. - Lord Northcliffe, publisher of the Daily Mail "Al Dykes" <adykes@panix.com> wrote in message news:helf5c$5ac$1@panix5.panix.com... > > > In prior ...

What was lost is found
Some of you may recall my frantic thrashing around here when I reinstalled my OS (Win XP) and had to reinstall Publisher 98 but could not find the installation disk. With a tweak here and a cludge there I was able to reinstall from the Publisher directory on the drive. (Don't ever install to the Windows/Program Files directory. Give each application its own root directory.) But the reinstall, though good enough to retrieve all my *.pub files and create new ones, lacks a few features, like hyphenation, spellcheck, etc. But today, what was lost is found. The installation disk turned ...

Saving Printer Settings
Hello I am using a plotter to print visio drawing which is 122" W and 42" H. I set up printer and drawing custom size in the printer settings (PostScript) as well as in Visio. However, when I open up this file again, all printer settings are gone. I am not sure where I can change printer and drawing size settings on a permenant basis for this particular drawing. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated, thanks Syed On Fri, 13 Mar 2009 07:07:02 -0700, Syed Rizvi <SyedRizvi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello >I am using a plotter to print visio dra...

2005 Deluxe
Upgraded from 2003. Seems like I've lost functionality. Can't find how to separate catagory entry between category and subcategory (all one entry now). Also can't find the MoneySide FollowUP Notes that I used to have on the home page. Am I not looking in the right place? Thanks. MoneySide has been gone since M04. You are, IIRC, the second person to post here having noticed. As to dual cat lists: see http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=161. BTW, you are supposed to prefer single list. "Elliot" <Elliot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9082426-5...

synchronising data in 2 excel files
i have 2 identical excel files updated by 2 different people. How do I synchronise the data into 1 file? ...

Saving files
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Just got my first imac and love it!! But as I have only used windows before, I am finding a few problems eg when i try to save a word file, i want to save directly into a sub folder under my personal home directory but it only gives the option to save to the home directory. <br> Does anyone know how to save directly to a specific folder? Mac OS X is somewhat different from Windows. On the save dialoge box, to the right of the file name you'll see a little arrow. Click on it with the mouse poi...

Reading Forwarded Msg.Dat File Attached to AOL Email
I am trying to view a photo which is saved as an attachment to an Email sent by an AOL user. The file name is: Forwarded Msg.Dat I can open the file with MS Word, and it shows some header/Email type information, and then also says that there is an attached photo as a .jpg file. But the .Dat file is a mixture of that header info, and the attached ..jpg which (when read with MS Word) is a bunch of hex code. I cannot open the attachment with Internet Explorer, a Paint Application, or other tools that one might normally use to view .jpg files. Any ideas or suggestions on how to separat...

how can i change a linked sound file to become an embedded
i am trying to package up a powerpoint presenatation that contains an audio track - which is an mp4 file. Within the presentation the sound file is currently a linked file. I've tried using the 'package to cd' function but I can still not get the sound to work when i then put the cd into other computers. so how can i embed it instead? i've tried deleting the track, raising the 'sound size limit' to 6000 kb and resinserting it-but that doesnt work. the file is 5.3MB. My plan is to ultimately email the presentation - but it's vital that the s...

accessing files in subfolders
Do I need to use AfxGetAppName() when files in different, or even the same, project subfolders are accessing each other? E.g., in myDirectory\ogg\ogg.h, #include <ogg/os_types.h> does not work; but #include <myDirectory/ogg/ogg/os_types.h> seems to work fine If you are doing complex includes like this, you need to rethink what you are doing. Complex directory structures like this break horribly when the project moves around. You should not be using <> for user-defined includes; use "". Mostly these problems stem from the horrible design of how #includ...

Can a retrieve a powerpoint presentation I failed to save?
I was wondering if I failed to save a powerpoint presentaiton I worked on is there anyway to find it somewhere in the computer On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 11:10:01 -0800, Dorothy wrote: > I was wondering if I failed to save a powerpoint presentaiton I worked on is > there anyway to find it somewhere in the computer You have posted this message to the wrong newsgroup. The access in this groups name refers to Microsoft Access, a database program. Please repost to the correct newsgroup for whatever Office program you are using (PowerPoint). I would suggest you include your Windows and Office v...

lost save file
I had a hard drive crash....was able to retrive everything from outlook express except my "SAVE FOLDERS"....I'm sure they are there...any ideas where I should look or what I need to do???? I really need the folders. Thanks Search for .eml files . . . . . "Tink" <Tink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:468CD94A-33D3-45C1-8F1E-1DD5ADC164F2@microsoft.com... > I had a hard drive crash....was able to retrive everything from outlook > express except my "SAVE FOLDERS"....I'm sure they are there...any ideas > where...

Lost Outlook email
----------------------------------------------------------------------- A poll associated with this post was created, to vote and see th results, please visit http://www.outlookforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=5370 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Question: Am I hosed - YE - PROBABL - MAYB - N ----------------------------------------------------------------------- I downloaded my email from the server, got a message that some of th rest of my mail couldn't be retrieved, closed outlook, re-opened it and the messages I had already retrieved ...

Saving a custom format?
Greetings, I created a custom number format for use on a particular workbook. Now that custom format is available for use anywhere on that workbook. However, the custom format is not available in a new workbook or any other existing workbook. Is there a way to save the custom format so that it is available in any workbook? Thanks! Jim Orson... Hi Try putting the format in a blank workbook called Book1 and save this in your XLSTART folder -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Jim Orson wrote: > Greetings, > > I created a custom number format for use on a particular work...

Adding a sound file
I use XP office and am creating my first slide show and I am having trouble adding the .wav file so it will stay in the presentation when it is emailed. I have use office help and I am not having any success. The slide show works fine on my PC but when I email it out there is no sound on the recipients computer when they open the .pps file I send. So what could I be doing wrong here? Please help this is important to be achieved! Hi JP This should help: Sounds/Movies don't play, images disappear or links break when I move or email a presentation http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ0...

Write File with unsigned char*
Hello, I writing a soap-client, which receives base64-files. I have got the size of the received file and an unsigned char-pointer to this file. How can I save it? CFile::Write does not work with unsigned char*. Any ideas? Sven "Sven Eichenm´┐Żller" <sven@eichenmueller.de> wrote in message news:fufc23$pqn$02$1@news.t-online.com... > Hello, > > I writing a soap-client, which receives base64-files. > I have got the size of the received file and an unsigned char-pointer to > this file. > How can I save it? CFile::Write does not work with unsigned char*. ...

Where are Outlook files kept?
I want to transfer my Outlook files and folders from my current HD to my new one. I'll do this by burning CD-R discs and after installing the new HD, copying them to the new drive. I can't find any folders called "Mail", "Inbox", or any of the folders I created in Outlook by searching My Computer. Dell Inspiron 600m; Win XP; Outlook 5? (Details discloses that Outlook is version "10.0.4510.0"). Thanks, -- Please, no "Go Google this" replies. I wouldn't ask a question here if I hadn't done that already. DaveC me@privacy.net Thi...

Lost security on modified reports
It appears that access has been lost to modified reports. I checked security and access to the appropriate modified reports is selected, but I can not access them, nor can other users. We work in a Citrix environment and all users access the forms and reports from the server, not local workstations. I have unmarked and marked access and logged out and back in, but with no luck. Any suggestions? Have you tried using Advanced Security's Verify Security feature to check that all the security records are correct, valid and undamaged? It is worth a try. PS: You can also use Advan...

Under file
how do I get the 4 documents that I worked with to stop showing up Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk. 1. Click Start and then click Run. 2. In the Open box, type regedit and then press ENTER. The Registry Editor starts. 3. Delete one of the following registry keys, depending on which version of Publisher you are using:. Publish...

Restore Backup Files
Hi there I have posted this question to the XP Professional x64 Edition and Windows XP General Discussion board as suggested by other users. Some time ago I set up the Backup feature on Windows XP Pro so that my laptop data got backed up daily to an external hard drive. The laptop was recently stolen but thankfully, the external hard drive was left behind and I have a Mac desktop computer with Bootcamp. When I restore the backup.bkf file, the directories are all there, but there is no data - not a Word, Excel, PDF or any other type of file to be found yet the backup.bkf file ...