lost my group contact button

I have a couple of groups in my windows mail contact list, but cannot seem to
create a new one.  The help item says to open "New Contact Group", but that
does not appear in the list under new.......where did it go..how do I get it
back?

"Dave P" <Dave P@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a couple of groups in my windows mail contact list, but cannot seem
> create a new one.  The help item says to open "New Contact Group", but
> that
> does not appear in the list under new.......where did it go..how do I get
> it
> back?

Open the Contacts folder, (Ctrl+Shit+C)>right click a blank area to the
right>select customise this folder>choose Contacts from the drop down menu.

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

mac

Catch events from pre-existing buttons in Outlook 2007
Is there a way I can reroute events thrown when standard buttons are being pushed in Outlook 2007? Specifically, I'd like to replace the entire call functionality (like OCS does.. normally all calling functionality is bound to TAPI but when MOC is installed, everything goes to OCS. The PBX I work with offers different means than TAPI so I need to integrate this somehow. I managed to almost entirely duplicate the call menus, but it would be much nicer to just go ahead and do it the way it's done with Office Communicator without having to bother with commandbars, popup even...

problem with Group feature in excel
Hi, I imported some data from a .html document to excel. I then grouped similar rows together but after a few days, I clicked refresh button and the grouping I did was messed up i.e excel would group rows that were not similar and it won't even group some rows. Does anyone know why this is happening or how to fix this problem so that similar rows would be in the same group as I had done before clicking refresh button? Thanks to the good samaritan who answers this question. -fenisol3. ...

Lost Formatting When tab is copied
My problem would seem to be very basic. I have a table that has values with dollars in columns and then a rate (i.e. one cell less another and then divide) in percentage format. When I copy an existing tab either into the same workbook or into a new workbook, many of my percent formats change to dollar format. This happens no matter what page I copy and it happens on pages that I am not even touching or copying. Often times these cells that lose their formatting are next to cells that are in dollar format that are pulling their data from pivot table. Could this have anything to do with it? ...

Delivering mails to a distribution group separately?
Hello! I�m using an Exchange 2000 Enterprise Server. Our mail accounts are hosted by a provider. The Clients are receiving there mails directly from the provider by using POP. In order to send mails to external addresses we use a single SMTP account known by the Exchange Server. This works beautyfully for ditribution groups with less than 250 receipients. With larger distribution groups we have got the problem that they are blocked by our provider. Does anybody know how to force Exchange to deliver the mails separately or in packages smaller than a determined value? Many Thanks Bernd ...

What was lost is found
Some of you may recall my frantic thrashing around here when I reinstalled my OS (Win XP) and had to reinstall Publisher 98 but could not find the installation disk. With a tweak here and a cludge there I was able to reinstall from the Publisher directory on the drive. (Don't ever install to the Windows/Program Files directory. Give each application its own root directory.) But the reinstall, though good enough to retrieve all my *.pub files and create new ones, lacks a few features, like hyphenation, spellcheck, etc. But today, what was lost is found. The installation disk turned ...

Group sending of Reports via Fax
Hi, I know this might sound simple but I was wondering if there was a way to send a group of reports via Winfax as follows. The catch here is it is not sending a batch of reports which are the same, but sending different reports at the same time to different fax numbers. I have a report based on a query which looks at all the outstanding accounts for a client. Instead of opening one query at a time and going through the proceedure of sending via Print - Winfax each report, I was wondering if there was a way to send all the reports at once for all my clients. Mind you each report ...

Decimal place formatting button doesn't work when some cells already have no decimals
Say I have 2 cells w/ values: 35 35.87 If I use the formatting bar button to drop the decimal places, nothing happens, and I get an error tone. My recollection is usually Excel "does the right thing" and will drop the decimals on those cells for what it can (and this is what I want to happen). So in what arcane place to I configure this to work the way I want it to? Thx Dear TrippKnightly I understand you want to show the cells entered as 35 and 35.87 as 35 and 36 respectively? To do this, highlight the cells you wish to format with no decimal points. And go Format/Cells...

2005 Deluxe
Upgraded from 2003. Seems like I've lost functionality. Can't find how to separate catagory entry between category and subcategory (all one entry now). Also can't find the MoneySide FollowUP Notes that I used to have on the home page. Am I not looking in the right place? Thanks. MoneySide has been gone since M04. You are, IIRC, the second person to post here having noticed. As to dual cat lists: see http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=161. BTW, you are supposed to prefer single list. "Elliot" <Elliot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9082426-5...

lost save file
I had a hard drive crash....was able to retrive everything from outlook express except my "SAVE FOLDERS"....I'm sure they are there...any ideas where I should look or what I need to do???? I really need the folders. Thanks Search for .eml files . . . . . "Tink" <Tink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:468CD94A-33D3-45C1-8F1E-1DD5ADC164F2@microsoft.com... > I had a hard drive crash....was able to retrive everything from outlook > express except my "SAVE FOLDERS"....I'm sure they are there...any ideas > where...

Lost security on modified reports
It appears that access has been lost to modified reports. I checked security and access to the appropriate modified reports is selected, but I can not access them, nor can other users. We work in a Citrix environment and all users access the forms and reports from the server, not local workstations. I have unmarked and marked access and logged out and back in, but with no luck. Any suggestions? Have you tried using Advanced Security's Verify Security feature to check that all the security records are correct, valid and undamaged? It is worth a try. PS: You can also use Advan...

Excel combinations from groups
I have the following problem with excel. I have a varied amount of groups of names and each group contains a different amount of names. I need excel to list all the possible combinations from each group. The combination size also varies. EG Group 1 Group 2 Group 3 Dave Fred Janet Harry Bob Selina Jim jane Jo The group sizes vary and the amount of group vary. I need excel to make various combinations eg In a "2" combination Dave can go with Fred or Janet. Fr...

Showing number series in query for grouped items
Hi, I have a stock table which has serial numbers for each item. I want a query which groups the item types and shows the first and last serial numbers for that item type along with how many. Eg. 10 x mobile phones first serial number = xxx1, last serial number = xx10. I tried the first, last, min and max functions but they continue to group and show each of the 10 items individually. Any ideas?? Thanks On Thu, 14 Feb 2008 04:27:01 -0800, Flanders <Flanders@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I have a stock table which has serial numbers for each item. I want ...

Automated transaction grouping and numbering
I have been asked to help a co-worker automate a data review task. I am working in Access 2003. We have a query output in Excel (from our mainframe) that lists employees with the following fields: SSN, EmplName, ActionCd, ActionEffDt Action codes (ActionCd) include Hire, Term and Rehire. The objective is to identify employees who rehired within 365 days of their termination. We have some people who have termed and been rehired up to 5 or 6 times (seasonal workers, perhaps?) Here's how I am currently calculating. I assigned all "Hire" Action Codes a TxNo of "1". I sor...

Outlook 2003: Problem in sharing contacts
My company uses Outlook 2003 within an Exchange environment. My 9-person department wishes to create a common contact list of all the vendors we use. I created a Contacts folder called "Department contacts" and shared it with all department members giving each "Editor" permission. However, when a department member clicks on "Open Shared Contacts" and clicks my name, my personal contacts appear instead. I examined the properties of my personal contacts and there is no sharing. I again checked the properties of department contacts and they show that I am attempting...

Lost Outlook email
----------------------------------------------------------------------- A poll associated with this post was created, to vote and see th results, please visit http://www.outlookforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=5370 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Question: Am I hosed - YE - PROBABL - MAYB - N ----------------------------------------------------------------------- I downloaded my email from the server, got a message that some of th rest of my mail couldn't be retrieved, closed outlook, re-opened it and the messages I had already retrieved ...

Recovery Storage Group #19
I have an Exchange 2003 SP2 server. I restored - from backups - an older InformationStore DB into the RSG to retrive an email account. All went well; however, now that I am done with the DB when I go to delete it from the RSG it errors out with The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service is busy. IDno:c104173c Echange System Manager I am right mouse clicking on the store inside the RSG and selecting delete. The store is unmounted. Any ideas? I restarted the Email server and that cleared the problem for me. "Andy3691" wrote: > I have an Exchange 2003 SP2 server. I ...

Activate contacts autofill
How do I activate the contacts autofill in Outlook when I start to write a contacts name in the To field ? regards reidarT Outlook 2003 Tools - Options - Email Options - Advance Email Options - Suggest names while completing To, Cc and Bcc fields. "Reidar" <thorsvik@online.no> wrote in message news:8B041074-3930-47A3-82C5-D992AC156CB2@microsoft.com... > How do I activate the contacts autofill in Outlook when I start to write a > contacts name in the To field ? > regards > reidarT Reidar <thorsvik@online.no> wrote: > How do I activate the contac...

lost portfolio dat
i logged onto msn money to check a portfolio and its gone. i saved the data previously, how do i recover it? In microsoft.public.money, mark wrote: >i logged onto msn money to check a portfolio and its >gone. i saved the data previously, how do i recover it? You saved it as *.inv or "my portfolio Backup.mbf"? The group for MSN Money is microsoft.public.moneycentral. ...

lost folders
A friend whose computer runs WinXP fully updated just lost her Outlook Express Inbox, Drafts, and Sent Items folders. She says it happened after this week's Automatic Update. She found the Inbox and Drafts in her Recycle Bin, but her Sent Items folder seems to have disappeared. She hadn't overloaded any of the folders. There were 38 messages in Sent Items. I had her check her Store folder just to make sure, and there is no Sent Items folder there. Prior to the update, and now as well, she has been getting a large number of messages wanting to compact her OE folders. Th...

grouping emails
how do i group emails in outlook 2002/2003, what i am trying to do is group emails by sender, any help is greatly appreciated. Kind Regards Salvatore Saia OL 2003 - View, Arrange By, Show in Groups. Once this is turned on, simply click on the From heading to sort by that column and the gourping occurs automatically. "salv236" wrote: > how do i group emails in outlook 2002/2003, what i am trying to do is group > emails by sender, any help is greatly appreciated. > > Kind Regards > > Salvatore Saia ...

lost authenticity number
I cannot find my authenticity number for my disk. Is there any way to get the number off of my computer? If you mean your Product Key, you can call Micorosft for it. I'm assuming you have to reload Publisher? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Amy Gentzyel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ecd01c48d27$cfcdaba0$a601280a@phx.gbl... >I cannot find my authenticity number for my disk. Is > there any way to get the number off of my computer? --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://w...

how do I read "Money" News Group and Other News Groups in Outlook Express?
How do I read microsoft news groups in Outlook Express. It keeps asking for the news server, but I don't kno what to enter. you could try this msnews.microsoft.com Lee "jkotecha" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B5F84DA-4C31-4016-9522-7724B7C62E1B@microsoft.com... > How do I read microsoft news groups in Outlook Express. It keeps asking for the news server, but I don't know > what to enter. ...

command button controlling a range of dates
Hi, I would like to accomplish the following: 1. Have a command button that opens up a popup window. 2. Popup window is to have a calendar where you can select multiple dates (or two calendars where you select start and end date). 3. Popup window will also have three radio buttons, with a value assigned to each choice. 4. The selected date range will show up on the worksheet with each date filled out with a number corresponding to the choice made with the radio button, with each date having its own cell. Am I trying to do too much with excel? Thanks. This can be done in ...

upgraded from MS98 to XP pro and lost emails in Outlook Express
I just did an upgrade from Windows 98 to Windows Xp pro. That went fine but when i checked my email in Outlook Express all my old emaisl were gone. How do i get them back? >-----Original Message----- >I just did an upgrade from Windows 98 to Windows Xp pro. >That went fine but when i checked my email in Outlook >Express all my old emaisl were gone. How do i get them >back? >. >I have just upgraded also, I have the problem when I export my mail and import to XP all attachments are gone! This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Offi...

newsgroup access lost
Hi y'all, I set up access to Newsgroups by adding to the Go Menu as per on-line directions. I used the newsgroup and shut the program. Somewhere along the way it disappeared. I tried to set it up again, but now it's missing (completely). I tried a repair. No good. Any suggestions? Thanks. Robert Do a hard reset on the Toolbar by renaming outcmd.dat to outcmd.old. You should then be able to add it again. Also see the following for more options; http://www.sparnaaij.net/faq/news.htm -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outloo...