There are several messages that I want to place in folders, but when I try
to move them, I receive the message "Unable to move, Unknown Error". This is
more than annoying, as these are important messages from various
organizations I belong to. I like to archive these within the confines of
Live Mail, and I don't want to hve to go in and out to various folders. Any
help will be appreciated.

Windows Live Mail Newsgroup.

In your newsreader:

On the Web:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

"streamer" <streamer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> --
> There are several messages that I want to place in folders, but when I
> try
> to move them, I receive the message "Unable to move, Unknown Error".
> This is
> more than annoying, as these are important messages from various
> organizations I belong to. I like to archive these within the confines
> of
> Live Mail, and I don't want to hve to go in and out to various folders.
> Any
> help will be appreciated.

0
Bruce

CRM 4.0 can not go online
Whenever we click on the "Go online" button in Outlook, we receive this message "An unknown error has occurred. Retry the action. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator". We've tried to reconfigure the CRM through the "Configuration Wizard", it would force CRM to online status, but if we go offline and go online again, we have same error. We have thought it is something to do with the VPN setting as all of our sales people work remotelly but now it happens to people in the office too. We just have had this issue lately, CRM 4.0 worke...

login unknown error
All of sudden, all existing users are unable to log in to SQL 7 running on NT with sp 6 through Great Plain 5.5. except sa account. everything has been running fine for years. server was rebooted, SQL sp updated, tested from different Great Plain workstations, same error "login failed becaused of an unknown error". creating a new test account from Great Plain got the same error. Anybody helps? it's really urgent. appreciate it. Jeff Did you run sql script Grant70.sql over Dynamics and each company db? Takashi "jeff" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> e...

Office 2007. The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook
I am getting the following error. Does anyone know how to correct this error? Thanks in advance. Hi Bill, >the "messaging interface" for Outlook is the called "MAPI". So your "MAPI" >could be corrupted or the "connector" to this interface (your Outlook >profile) could be damaged. - Try the "repair" function of Office 2007 If this wouldn�t work you can try "fixmapi.exe" (Start/Run: fixmapi.exe => OK) You would not get any response after you start the fixmapi tool. Try to start Outlook. If this wouldn�t work: ...

Unknown Error 12019
Hi, While open OWA by https occurs a error Unknown Error 12019. If i open by http not appear the error. Are you can help me??? Thanks a lot -- Gustavo Barreto ...

Money 2004
Recently I have been getting an error message for Money Updates that says: "Your last call encountered an error....." "An unknown error has occurred. Please try the operation again. If problem persists, reinstall Money...." After retrying for several days I did the re-install and I am getting the same error message. All other Credit card, brokerage, bank updates and bill pay are working OK. Any ideas? Thanks, Al "Al Malone" <w1qe.4sorryeditrequired@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:%23150jFWBGHA.3780@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Recently I hav...

KB976098 won't install. Error code 800F0900, unknown error
Windows update fails to install KB976098. Also tried manually to install with same failing result. Windows update did install KB970653 on 8/23/09. "Tgray" wrote: > Windows update fails to install KB976098. Also tried manually to install > with same failing result. Windows update did install KB970653 on 8/23/09. I use Windows 7, 64 bit version. Update KB976098 gets into an eternal update loop every time. It never finishes, not even after a full night waiting. If I then press sleep or hybernate, the system continues updating when I restart again and I ...

Installation of CRM Server result in Unknown Error 80040E31
I am attempting to install a evaluation copy of CRM server on windows 2003 and database server is SQL 2000 SP3 on windows 2003. A new domain was created on a single server. Installation goes fine for a long amount of time then at the very end I get the following error.... I have uninstalled and reinstalled 4 times!!! Please help Here is the error Setup was unable to install Microsoft CRM SErve Setup was unable to provision your organizatio Setup was unable to create the root busines Unknown Error 80040E3 Before re-installing, I have removed the crm database files from the SQL 2000 server a...

Public folder issue, "messaging interface has returned an unknown error"
I'm running a SBS2003 domain and just added a public folder and a customized form for entry into the public folder. All of our clients (all XP Pro, Outlook 2003 with all updates) can get to that folder and use the form without any difficulty except for one. On one computer I get the classic "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." error message. I have tried a repair install, no change. I have tried making a new profile, no change. I have tried adding / removing his PST file (currently he's not even using a pst file...

message interface returned unknown error
Recently I have been getting this error message when I try to send email or drag emails to folders, or delete email. I have also been getting unknown emails with attachments which I haven't opened. Norton Antivirus says they contain viruses and deletes them. Do I need to reload outlook. How can I repair my outlook. Thanks ...

workflow
Dear All, I have configured GP10 workflow for PO approval. Approver is able to see an e-mail in his outlook. He wanted to see PO details before clicking edit task for approve. He clicked on PO Number hyperlink. It gives him the below error: "The application encountered an unhandled system exception. Contact your system administrator for details." sometimes "Unknown error" Does any one faced the same issues as above? I appreciate your ideas to resolve the issue. Thanks and regards, Vijay could be anything. you'd have to check the server event logs to see what...

messaging interface has returned unknown error
Cannot delete any messages. Keep getting "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error" Rebooted, uninstalled Office and nothing is fixing. Please - anything will be helpful. ...

Unknown Error 0x80040119 #2
Hello! Having some pretty huge issues with this error - Unknown Error 0x80040119 this occurrs when the Send/Receive button is pressed in Outlook 2003 on a Terminal Server session. Scenario: Users accesses email from a Notebooks out of office using VPN. Outlook is configured to connect an exchange server in cached mode. This particular user travels frequently and also accesses their email via Outlook on our Terminal Servers which is when the problem ocurrs with "Unknown Error 0x80040119". KB http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=814441 not resolve this issue ...

KB275186
In Outlook 2000, whenever I try to move an email to a different folder I get the message "the messaging interface has returned an unknown error. if the problem persists, restart outlook." I tried repairing the PST file, repairing office, and nothing helps. The KB275186 article makes reference to a hotfix, but I do not know how to get it without calling up and being charged for it. Is it available for download anywhere?? Is it possible my problem is related to something else? Help! Evan <evan@angusemployment.com> wrote: > In Outlook 2000, whenever I try to move an ...

Messaging interface returned unknown error
When I tried to send out an email, i received an error message "The messaging interface returned an unknown error. Please shut down and restart Outlook" I am using Outlook 2002 (XP). What does this error means? Is this when using Word as the email editor? See http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/interfaceerror.htm Otherwise, do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently protected by your on-access scanner part of the virus scanner. For more de...

How to resolve Unknown Error on Central Administration page in WS.
We have installed WSS for a client and have depolyed the sites ok. The end user functionality is working fine, but when we access Central Administration certain pages will not load and say "Unknown Error". How can we access these links/pages in Central Administration when most of them say "Unknown Error"? ------=_NextPart_0001_BFAA424C Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I would suggest to run "SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard" once on the servers and then check the behavior. ------=_NextPart_0001_B...

Unknown error deleted mail box is empty but shows it has mail
It says I have over 800 deleted messages, but when I open the deleted folder it is empty. When I right click and empty, it gives me the unknown error. I reinstalled Live, but that did not help. "...reinstalled Live..." Not sure which email program you are talking about, but the forum to which you posted is dedicated to supporting the Windows Mail program. You will get more help by posting that issue in the Windows Live Mail forum: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?d= g=3Dmicrosoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop Note: The abov...

Microsoft Store Operations POS: Attempt to process COM object 'ObjectName' failed. An unknown error ocurred.
I have a program that gets executed in POS. Occasionally POS closes that program in the midle of execution; after trying to restart it the error message shows "Attempt to process COM object 'ObjectName' failed. An unknown error occurred." I am invoking this program from Custom POS Button. Here is entry code. The exception below is never executed. namespace FrameWiz { [ComVisible(true)] public class Startup { public bool Process(object argSession) { FrameWizShell frameWizShell = null; Session mySession = null; try { //mine ...

Unknown error during restore of database
I get a "unknown error" during database restore from within GP 10. I am using sql express and the database and the program are on the same machine. Both sql and gp is on e: drive. I have no issues backing up the databases. I am logged remotely to the computer via "gotomy pc" type program. (it is not a terminal server session) According to MS KB the recovery mode for the database should be simple - which it is. Any suggestions? Thanks You may receive this error if the database being restored exceeds 4GB in size. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Max...

User unknown error
User has Windows NT, Office 2000 SBE, Outlook is IMO, No Exchange Server. I have a co-worker that is receiving an "unknown user" error when she attempts to send an Excel document as an attachment using File|Send To|Mail Recipient (as Attachment) in Excel. The recipient's e-mail address in the error is not the same as address she is sending the document to (i.e. she is sending the document to joe@yours.com but the "unknown user" in the error is mary@mine.com). Also, the e-mail fails to be sent. My co-worker says that she did try to send an e-mail to "mary@mine.c...

e-Mail RM Statements 'Unknown Error'
Hi Folks GP Ver 10. My client was able to e-mail RM Statements last month but this month the Status report is failing every one and the error as per the report under the 'Status' column is 'Unknown Error. Now that's not the most useful error message I've seen so I'm wondering if other folk have come across it and what they found to be the problem. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thankx Sheila ...

Unknown error when checking mail.
Hi I have just recently resurrected my files via time machine and one of my email accounts no longer downloads my emails. Entourage gives me a message which says: An unknown error has occurred in Entourage. Could not retrieve mail. Account name: "" Error: 16001 The odd thing about this is that the two other accounts on the same server work just fine and I can SEND emails from my account without any issues. I have recreated the account to no avail. Right now all of the messages are being forwarded to my Gmail account. Any advice? Thanks Dave On 11/12/09 ...

Unknown error with HTTP Mail
I am trying to configure Outlook 2002 to connect to a University Web Mail account. Send seems to be ok but get Task 'Stirling University: Folder:Inbox Downloading all items.' reported error (0x80004005) : 'An unknown error has occurred. Please save any existing work and restart the program.' error on trying to download items. Tried to use headers but get; Task 'Stirling University: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x80004005) : 'An unknown error has occurred. Please save any existing work and restart the program.' Would apprecia...

elunknown error
on first look the windows live mail seems like a very nice email application, however the "unknown error " that prevents me from deleting junk and having it disappearor becomming stuck as a permenant outbox item is becomming enough of an agravation that i will soon return to outlook or even thunderbird. I have followed instructions to work offline and configure advanced settings in tools to work around this, but i do not wish to do this daily. Is there a permenant fix for this? thanks "Elijah" <Elijah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

error: An open operation on table "SY_Pathnames" has caused an unknown error (161)
Hi Friends, I have a Windows 2000 Server and MS Great Plains Dynamics installed on Pervesive SQL Server running on the same hardware machine. The machine also had Exchange 2000 Server. The Exchange 2000 was moved to another machine and uninstalled. The problem: After the uninstallation of Exchange 2000, the Great plains users are getting the following error "An open operation on the table "SY_Pathnames" has caused an unknown error (161)". i.e. only one user can login to the Great Plains application at a time. Currently they have a license for 4 users, but only on...