kill

wo   will  kill  you   right  now wo   will  kill  you   right  now wo
[...]
0
xiaopianzi555

Kill Excel silently
Hi, I batch file that queries a database and creates a flat file. I want to start Excel, make graph of the data and save it as an htm file. I then want to get out of Excel. I want to do this automatically twice daily (eg at midnight). I use Scheduled tasks and a macro to start Excel and create the graph But Excel won't quit so I've set the ask Scheduler to stop Excel afte 1 minute. Here's the problem ... I get a message saying that Excel has terminate unexpectedly and would I like to send an Error Report to Microsoft?! I cannot turn this message off no matter what Service I st...

Important restore a server a ups killed with large amount of data
Hello, A ups died taking out one of my sbs 2003 servers. now there is a lot data on this machine i am talking roughly 3 tb of data. Here is where is sites, sharepoint and sql are toast. completely a uninstall and reinstall don't fix it if anything it broke more. I have a backup from 3 days ago from sbs backup I also have a image based backup from 2 months ago. what is the best way to get this server up and running without taking the whole day tomorrow. can i just use ntbackup from the sbs backup i have and do a restore on the server and tell it to skip the data partit...

kill
wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kill you right now wo will kil...

Kill Sound Effects
Whenever I switch Outlook folders or switch messages within a folder I get this annoying sound (P-chew with an accent on the chew). I have tried turning off any references to sound alerts in Outlook options. Also went to Windows Control Panel sounds and turned off Office sounds. But I still get the sound. Where is the control for it hiding? Running Outlook 2000 SP-3 and Win XP Home SP-2. ...

What is the correct way to kill a search in progress in Outlook 2007?
I was doing a simple search in Outlook, it didn't find it in the Inbox, so I told it to "Try searching in all mail items". After five minutes I gave up but couldn't find any way to cancel the search. Not CTRL C, CTRL Break, escape, clicking anywhere on the Outllok window, etc. I ending up killing it in Task manager. What is the correct way to kill a search in progress in Outlook 2007? The x to the right of the search field should do it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Cen...

kill process
Hi, With VBS, how can i kill a process which I own and with a name contains a fixed string like 'blabla' Thanks in advance bob123 wrote: > With VBS, how can i kill a process which I own --- <code> --- ' walk the process list demo, using wmi v1.5, jw 09Jul00 ' (note: this demo adapted from msdn mag, Apr 2000, wmi article by ???) ' 12Jul00: modified to demo Process.Terminate Option Explicit Dim sProcList ' as string Dim oWMI, Process ' as objects Dim oShell ' as object Dim sNotepad ' as string ' launch...

i want to kill xmlreader and all her children #2
please reply via email to this post to x0td0x@hotmail.com i need some code that will generate code to read the xml file it is reading for example input: <book> <bk:title>the wind</bk:title> <bk:content type="text">howl</bk:content> </book>output: (xtw=xmltextwriter) [code:1:b5cc48202f]xtw.WriteStartElement("book"); xtw.WriteStartElement("bk:title"); xtw.WriteString("the wind"); xtw.WriteEndElement(); xtw.WriteStartElement("bk:content"); xtw.WriteAttributeString("type","text"); xtw.WriteSt...

Where to locate or kill these process?
Reading from internet, to remove Tencent.Addressbar etc, I need to stop these process iehelp.dll/iehelp1.dll/iehelp2.dll // ssaddr.dll/ssaddr1.dll/ssaddr2.dll and tbhmain.dll. My question is where do I find these or stop these as I could not find these files as I couls not find them in Alt/Ctl/Delete >Processes. Apprecuate your prompt response as I know this is not the correct place to loo for answers. Thanks The items you quoted are not running processes, but filenames. They may well be associated with a process or application in memory - such as "Tencent Addressbar&...

Auto update kills all office applications
Microsoft Office just autoupdated, and now I can't open any Microsoft Office Programs (use Word, Excel, and Powerpoint). The icon will jump once (in the dock) and then stop. Tried deleting Microsoft preferences Also tried repairing disk permissions Details about my Mac are as follows: Model Name: MacBook Pro 15" Model Identifier: MacBookPro2,2 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2.16 GHz Number Of Processors: 1 Total Number Of Cores: 2 L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB Memory: 1 GB Bus Speed: 667 MHz Boot ROM Version: MBP22.00A5.B01 SMC Version:...

Killing a process
I have a VC++/MFC app that interacts with the Adobe Acrobat API. In certain situations, Acrobat gets hung up and I need to kill th eprocess from the Task Manager. I need a way for our users from a menu pick to be able to kill the process without having to go into Task Manager. What is the easiest way to get a handle to the process and then kill it? Thanks for your help. Regards, -Rob // Take a snapshot of all processes in the system. HANDLE hProcessSnap = CreateToolhelp32Snapshot (TH32CS_SNAPPROCESS, 0); if(hProcessSnap == (HANDLE)-1) return (FALSE); /...

Help. Log files are killing me. Exchange 2000
I just installed exchange 2000 on a new machine on a 36GIG drive. I have another empty 36GIG drive. I did not realize that log files take so much space. I only 3 GIG of free space left. 1. How can I move the log files to my empty drive? 2. How can I delete these files w/o any problem on Exchange? I mean almost 20GIG of log files in one day. Give me a break. 3. Is there a way to do that automatically. Thanks, On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 15:19:49 -0400, "Dooma" <Say-no-to-spam@hotmail.com> wrote: >I just installed exchange 2000 on a new machine on a 36GIG drive. I have >ano...

Kill process ABC.exe
If there is a process whose executable name is ABC.exe, how can I kill it? I can kill it with the task manager, but I have to locate it and click Yes for the confirmation. Since I need to do it very often for the same process, I would like to make a simple console applicatioin that kills ABC.exe. Thanks. PS: The executable name is not actually ABC.exe, and there won't be any other process with the same exe name, so it is not necessary to consider for processes of the same name. Mark Russinovich has a very nice utility called PsKill.exe which is part of his PsTools package. http://techne...

to kill process
what function do i have to use to kill a process? thank you. winnicki If it is your own process use ExitProcess. If it is someone else use TerminateProcess. (Note. this is not very clean) AliR. "Winnicki" <rsobies(at)wp.pl> wrote in message news:uGXeauouEHA.3808@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > what function do i have to use to kill a process? > thank you. > > winnicki > > There is an MSDN article on how to kill a process. TerminateProcess is a "last resort" and should be avoided if at all possible. Look at KB article Q90749. joe On Mon, 25 ...

WHO DO I HAVE TO KILL...
....to get some help here? Pardon the shouting and crossposting, but I can't seem to get an answer to Outlook problems that I'm having. Perhaps there is some fault in my presentation, but other than one suggestion for one problem (which didn't work) there's been no response and I need answers. How would I get my needs for Outlook information and problem resolution met in ways other than newsgroups? If you've read this far, perhaps you would be kind enough to help me with the following three items: 1. When I try to send email from Outlook 2003 using Word 2003 as my...

How do I list processes on a remote machine, and kill the one I don't want
Hi, Most google search results say to use System.Diagnostics and use the Process.GetProcess() methods. This seems to work quite nicely on my own machine, but isn't working at all on the remote machine in question. One result link, http://www.techtalkz.com/c-c-sharp/147085-remote-process-getprocesses-sessionid.html, said to use System.Management in the WMI (I think). Which method should be used? The respondent, in the link above, of course thinks that using System.Management is the way to do it. He sites that the GetProcesses() method is full of bugs or something like that....

How To Kill Off the Reading Pane
Outlook 2003 - new user I successfully imported my messages from OE6. But each folder opens with the reading pane on. I turn it off folder by folder, but it keeps coming back. I don=92t want ever to use the reading pane. How do I turn it off by default? PT;113935 Wrote: > Outlook 2003 - new user > > I successfully imported my messages from OE6. But each folder opens > with the reading pane on. I turn it off folder by folder, but it > keeps coming back. > > I don�t want ever to use the reading pane. How do I turn it off by > default? You ca...

Killing a MMTimer
I'm using a MMtimer that calls a function: void CALLBACK CUart3Dlg::StartTimer( UINT wTimerID, UINT msg, DWORD dwUser, DWORD dw1, DWORD dw2 ) { CMyAppDlg* obj = (CMyAppDlg*) dwUser; TRACE( "\nTIMER FIRES UP: %d\n",wTimerID ); obj->Timer_SendData( wTimerID ); } Sometimes I need to kill this timer with timeKillEvent(). My question is: If I use timeKillEvent() just after the TRACE prints "TIMER FIRES UP", Timer_SendData() will be executed isn't? I'm thinking on changing this, sending a Message to GUI thread instead of calling directly that Timer_...

kill suspend process
How can i do auto kill suspend processes ? Win08 x64 / SQL08 x64 KILL command (See details in the BOL) but permit me to ask you WHY? "xXx" <xxx@xxx.com> wrote in message news:OTKJzgEmKHA.4772@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > How can i do auto kill suspend processes ? > > Win08 x64 / SQL08 x64 > Why do you want to automatically kill a suspended process? Sounds particularly dangerous to the stability of your system. "xXx" <xxx@xxx.com> wrote in message news:OTKJzgEmKHA.4772@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > How can i do auto kill ...

Rules question an spam killing
I keep getting spam where the message is actually embedded in an image file so that you can't use a rule to filter on keywords. Does anyone know how I could send this crap to the deleted items? The messages are being sent by many different senders - I guess some SOB found a new way to piss us off and is eithre spoofing addresses or enrolled a bunch of fools in his scheme. These messages always advertise shares. Does any one know how to filter these to the deleted items? For now I just add the sender to the blocked sender's list but they keep coming from new senders. I don't wa...

Killing the off-line database
Having to kill the off line database to add new records seems a little extreme if you have to do it every day but thank you for the answer. I think they will should have a wireless connection anyway. I am sorry I really don't know how Windows wireless works. In any case what about Active Server pages? Is it secure for only a company intranet. Is there a way to only allow connections to the database via Active Server pages only from desinated IP's? Also, say the .mdb database is on a wireless network can those people still navigate through the network to get to the .mdb database. ...

What's killing Volume Shadow Copy?
XP Pro SP3 Starting on March 23, I started seeing VSS errors in the Application Event Log, all from my Avira anti-virus nightly scans. Looking farther, I found that the VSSADMIN commainds "list shadows" and "list writers" both produced "Error: 0x8000ffff." The "standard" fix seemed to be to re-install COM+, so I did that without any problems, and VSSADMIN produced normal results. After running normally for a while, I tried VSSADMIN again and found that "list shadows" was now erroring again. A little while later, "list writers...

how to kill thread
I want to kill a thread from outside the thread. Currently, this is how I make the thread: Handle handle = CreateThread(NULL,NULL,(LPTHREAD_START_ROUTINE)StartLogging, this, NULL, NULL); Later on in the program, I want to kill the thread using its handle. So something like this would be useful: KillThread(handle); But KillThread is not a real method. Any ideas how I can accomplish this? Thanks. Jess Jessica Weiner wrote: > I want to kill a thread from outside the thread. Currently, this is how I > make the thread: > > Handle handle = CreateThread(NULL,NULL,(LPTHREAD_STA...

killing an excel instance
hi frens, in the VB code i am working on, it opens an excel sheet from the cod and i create a pivot table..........in the excel sheet, the proble lies when even though i close the excel application using .quit th excel instance is not getting closed.....should i close the pivot tabl before closing the excel application if so how do i d that??.........plz help me Meri -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Meril, '------------------------------ Sub OpenInstanceOfExcel() Dim appXL As Excel.Application Dim WB As Excel.Workbook Dim WS As Excel.Worksheet Set appXL...

Killing VBA
This is an incredibly bad decision IMO. Is there someplace we can let the decisionmakers know they need to rethink this one? -- DG Hi David, A LOT of people did tell Microsoft and they listened. There will be some support for VBA in the future. Office 2007 still has the VBA editor and you can still run VBA add-ins. More than a year ago Microsoft announced the decision to abandon VBA altogether. On the Mac side of the house, Applescript will still be supported. For the cross-platform side of things the future is murky as mud, even on the Windows side of things. -Jim Gordon Mac M...

Kill Process
Hi, My MFC program is producing multiple instances of excel. As a temporary fix( I need quick interim fix, will correct the real problem later) i want to kill the excel processes programatically from inside my MFC program. Does anyone know how to kill specific processes e.g any excel.exe processes running? Thanks in Advance Macca "=?Utf-8?B?TWFjY2E=?=" <Macca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:71EBA1C2-6B59-4252-B287-D7DFBEEF5596@microsoft.com: > Does anyone know how to kill specific processes e.g any excel.exe > processes running? If you're running Wi...