Keep folders collapsed

Why can't I set Mail just like OE was? I don't want the folders open except
for the ones that contain an email that hasn't been read yet when I first
start Mail?

--
Thank you for your kind response,
Just Me

"Just Me" wrote:

> Why can't I set Mail just like OE was? I don't want the folders open except
> for the ones that contain an email that hasn't been read yet when I first
> start Mail?
>
> --
> Thank you for your kind response,
> Just Me

Outlook keeps prompting for logon..
User is on Outlook 2k3, latest service packs, updates, etc. Mailbox lives on Exchange 2007 (SP1). Everytime the user starts Outlook they're prompted to logon. I've disabled the logon prompt at startup option (and enabled it and then disabled it again), but it's still happening. I've tried it with cached mode on and cached mode off. I've tried it with offline mode enabled and disabled. I've tried deleting his profile and recreating it. I've tried switching to an RPC/HTTPS connection. Finally, i completely uninstalled Outlook 2k3 and installed Outlook 2k7. Not...

How do I save an entire outlook folder to my desktop?
I am trying to backup my whole folder to my desktop but can only do one message at a time. How do I save an entire outlook folder to my desktop? Thanks, Tom Do you want to copy the messages to your desktop or backup the entire pst file? http://www.slipstick.com/addins/housekeeping.htm#user http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Ou...

Unable to open sent items folder
I have delegated my freind to open my "sent Items" folder in my mail box ,but he is unable to open my "sent items" folder in his outlook2000. He is able to open my other folder like "inbox,calender" after delegation.Except the sent items. In oultook@ file >open other users folder>folder type ,the "sent items" folder is not listed .. Please help if there is any workaorund for this thanks SP He needs to add your mailbox to his folderlist. See http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/permissions.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-out...

Help Old addresses keep coming up

Keep Lines Together; Keep with Next

why do my pictures keep disappearing?
Although I have checked the box in 'pictures' any form of graphic or word art that I have inserted into my publication keeps disappearing! If I click in the general direction of the insertion the bounding dots appear, but no picture Are you sure you have view, pictures, detailed display checked? If so try updating your graphics driver... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "JG" <JG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57E101AC-A758-400A-9269-3B68B754CA0E@microsoft.com... > Altho...

how can I keep a tab in place?
I have workbooks with multiple worksheets. I would like to keep the summary tab in a fixed (first) position so that the user can easily, quickly find it without using the l<, <, >, >l (arrow) tabs. I use hyperlinks to get from the summary tab to the other tabs, and I know I can hyperlink tab back... but I'd rather not use the hyperlinks too much. Tools - Protection - Protect workbook (for structure) Or, create a custom button/macro that navigates to the summary sheet. -- Best Regards, Luke M "missy8892" <missy8892@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Outlook 2003 keeps asking for password for POP3 account
I am running WinXP Pro and Office 2003. My Outlook 2003 keeps popping up intermittently a pop-up box requesting me to re-enter the POP3 account password. Now, there is nothing wrong with the password already entered (check box to save password), so all i am having to do is click OK, but it is really annoying. Does anyone know what i can do to stop Outlook from doing this? Thanks for your help. ...

Folder format doesn't "stick"
As you know, there are a number of formatting options for folders. Among these are the names of column headings, the order of the column headings, and the view (large, details, etc.). My problem is that after setting up the options the way I want them, they change upon the next startup of the computer - that is, they don't stay the way I set them. I have "Remember each folder's view settings" checked in Tools>Folder Options>View. Is there a fix for this? It's very annoying. Thanks, Roy Which firewall, anti-virus, anti-spyware or security ...

How do I keep the home tool bar on top
An hour ago the home tool bar stoped being displayed. I can restore it but every time i hit a key the tool bar disapers. How do I keep the tool bar on top while I am typing. You've minimized the Ribbon. Double-click any tab on the Ribbon to restore it. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "RobertTaylor" <RobertTaylor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:081A95C4-76B9-47E2-A4E6-83A080233AD0@microsoft.com... > An hour ago the home tool bar stoped being displayed. I can rest...

Ran scanpst.exe now emails going to wrong folders
After deleting a microsoft exchange account and running scanpst.exe in Outlook 2007, my emails are now being directed to archived inbox and sent folders instead of my regular inbox and sent folders. How do I redirect my emails to the proper folders? Thanks. Tools > Account Settings > Data Files Set the folder you want to use as your Default Restart Outlook -- Russ Valentine "Jack" <Jack @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:68043296-E3C6-40CD-8FDA-840F60F423E9@microsoft.com... > After deleting a microsoft exchange account and running s...

How to keep userform always on the top of all windows application
Hi All!! Is there some that when I execute an excel user form, it *remains o the top * of all the windows applications that are currently running until & unless I, manually, minimize or close it. Regards, Jat -- JAtz_DA_WA ----------------------------------------------------------------------- JAtz_DA_WAY's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2668 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=40059 You may get an answer to your question--but it'll involve both making the userform always on top plus adding those minim...

Keep it alive
Hello! Is it possible to declare an Access.Application object in a module of another db (let's call it db1), display the application window to the user interface and keep it alive even when db1 is closed? Because the database object is closed as soon as the memory used by db1 is released.. Thanks for any suggestion! Answered in another group where you posted this. ...

Outlook 2003 confusing folders from multiple HTTP email accounts
Hello all, I recently moved from Outlook Express to Outlook 2003. I have multiple HTTP (Hotmail) accounts that I migrated. Very often, Outlook 2003 confuses the folders from these accounts, such that I click on the inbox for account A and see the mail in the inbox in account B. When it does this, it seems to do it for all of the folders in common (so the junk email folder for account A also shows the junk email for account B). I noticed this some in Outlook Express, but Outlook 2003 does this all the time. Is there a remedy? Closing Outlook and re-opening it _sometimes_ fixes the problem. Th...

Insert hyperlink to a folder
I have a folder on my server titled "pictures". Inside that dolder are two more folders that each one has a lot of pictures. I inserted a hyperlink to go to the one folder labeled "pictured" so that when someone clicked on the link, they would see both folders. When I publish the page, it will not show the folders, but I get the usual "page could not be displayed". There is no extension on the folder, so I have a feeling that might be the problem. Any suggestions? In the future when you use the Microsoft Community please take note that there are topic ...

how to keep text with next paragraph
"Church Mouse" wrote: > What is the problem? Version? ...

problem saving xls files into shared folders location
The users in my network are complaining about this problem: They open Excel files from shared folder location and after changes in the file, when trying to save, they get a message sating that the file will be saved under a name something like "E0720002" (different every time). After that the file with the original name disappears from the location, the E0720002 file is there but with no (xls) extension and the users are left without a clue about where the file is -- usually they do not read the message stating that "E0720002" will be the name of the file (I can't blam...

deposit to keep??
When you cancel a layaway and rms ask you if you want deposit to keep and you say ok, what happens to the money and where does that money go? and is there a way to turn off that button? ...

keep or not keep SMTP log files?
Hi, I'm curious about what do you do with your SMTP lof files? How long do you keep your smtp lof files? Save them onto a tape media or external harddrive? Do you delete them after 6 months? Or don't keep them at all? I'm trying to get a general idea what administrators do to their smtp log files. Thanks and appreciate it. Ricky On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 13:01:04 -0700, Ricky T <RickyT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I'm curious about what do you do with your SMTP lof files? How long do you >keep your smtp lof files? Save them onto a tape medi...

missing inbox/folders
Hi. I am using Win XP home, Outlook 2002 I have recently exported my personal folder to a .PST file bacause i formatted my PC When I import it back in, it shows the 'sent items' but nothing else. I have tried the repair tool, it tells me that I have 11000 emails in 17 folders.... but where are they and how do i get them back? with thanks mrmule@gmail.com <mrmule@gmail.com> wrote: > I am using Win XP home, Outlook 2002 > I have recently exported my personal folder to a .PST file bacause i > formatted my PC > > When I import it back in, it shows the 'sent i...

Keeping Outlook on top?
I have, hopefully a simple question. When I click on a link (hypertext) how can I make outlook stay on top so I can read other messages until I am ready to go to my web browser and look at the page that was open? Thanks for any help!! SSDD "D" <D@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E96DBF0-BABB-4E5C-8734-4A5D8695A71C@microsoft.com... >I have, hopefully a simple question. When I click on a link (hypertext) >how > can I make outlook stay on top so I can read other messages until I am > ready > to go to my web browser and look at the page that ...

keeping cell formatting
Hello, I have formatted an excel spreadsheet (changed cell widths and height etc...) I would like to retain this formatting when i copy this spreadsheet t other sheets. How can I do this? As it is now, I have to change each cell manually each time I copy th spreadsheet template to another sheet. Thanks in advance aladdi -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I just experimented with this and as far as I can tell, Width is attached to the column and height attached to the row. So, if you want to copy and paste data and maitain cell width and height, you may have to select wh...

very slow when I drag and drop emails to a folder
When I drag and drop emails to a folder the transfer has become slower and slower. I have upgraded my RAM to just under a gigabyte and that still doesn't help. I have de-fragged, too. It used to be an almost instantaneous transfer. Does the size of the folders impact this speed? What can I do to speed this up? "Challenged 1" <Challenged1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFF0A98F-DB9A-48AB-AA94-7F22332550C6@microsoft.com... > When I drag and drop emails to a folder the transfer has become slower and > slower. I have upgraded my RAM to just ...

Inbox folder problems
Hello everyone, My inbox does not show my new messages, but all my deleted messages all of a sudden show up in my inbox! I need to find out how to reroute my inbox messages, and get rid of those deleted messages so that they don't pop up in my inbox. Please help! -- Thank you, Electricbluelady "electricbluelady" <electricbluelady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AAB863D1-D67D-41E3-9B91-DEFF173AC2AE@microsoft.com... > My inbox does not show my new messages, but all my deleted messages all of a > sudden show up in my inbox! I need to f...