inbox keeps deleting itself

for the past 2 days my outlook express inbox keeps deleting itself and i am
losing my inbox messages.  does anyone know why this maybe?

Outlook Express does not run in Vista. Please clarify.
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

"pow" <pow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> for the past 2 days my outlook express inbox keeps deleting itself and i
> am
> losing my inbox messages.  does anyone know why this maybe?

0
Bruce

Import CSV Keep Attendees
How can I import meeting attendees? I'm currently using CSV but it loses all of them. We're exporting from a SQL server, so any format that can be manipulated in a query will work. Thanks for your help. ...

problem deleting email
OK, here it is as simple as I can make it. I have a problem that requires the Inbox Repair Tool. Now, how do I get this tool and will it fix the problem that I have. I cannot delete any emails. tried following the way that the puter said to get to the repair tool, but that isn't the way. stuck here. help me please! ...

no inbox
I just added another email account to my outlook, but I can't find an inbox for the new email address. What version of Outlook are you using? Adding a new e-mail account doesn't create any new Inboxes - the e-mail will go into the same Inbox as the existing accounts. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm <lisareyna@aol.com> wrote in message news:1193371832.071337.126490@57g2000hsv.googlegroups.com... >I just added another email account to my outlook, but I can't find an > in...

back spacing is deleting what was already typed.
As I type a Document and need to add a word, or phrase by back-spacing Word deletes what was already typed letter by letter on that line. How do I correct the settings? That's what Backspace does on a computer. If you just want to go backward, use the left arrow key. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "TinaMarie" <TinaMarie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4C593814-5824-41EA-9854-7659B2F02217@microsoft.com... > As I type a Document and need to add a word, or ph...

IMAP Inbox empty
Outlook 2007 on Windows XP SP2, both fully updated. Opened it this morning and the IMAP Inbox is completely empty. Emails showing on Webmail and in Thunderbird, but O2007 Inbox empty! (All the other subscribed folders are OK - it's just the Inbox). How do I fix this? Remove the account then add it back again. It should grab everything in the IMAP Online Store. -- Bill R MVP "Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message news:O7PC8go%23HHA.5160@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Outlook 2007 on Windows XP SP2, both fully updated. > Opened it this morning and t...

Delete From New Mail Alerts?
Is it possible to delete messages from both the New Mail Alert window and also the Open window (when clicking Open in the New Mail Alert the highlighted single message that will appear) I receive alot of email and it would be far easier if I could delete from this feature rather than having to go back into the Message pane find the messages and delete from there. Thank you I think there's a delete icon in the alert window that you can try using "dogsnack" <dogsnack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A811413E-5845-45D0-808B-EF00EF7808DE@microsoft.com... ...

how do I combine 2 inboxes my regular inbox and an 'inbox 1 I cre
In screwing around with my mail message rules,I somehow created an "Inbox1" that has a arrow attaching it to the primary inbox. What's the proper way of either deleting 'inbox1' or whatever I need to do so that all the mail I want goes into the primary inbox ? (which the rules,somehow don't allow me to do unless I'm missing something completely) Any help would be greatly appreciated. Resolved,thanks "bbrebozo" <bbrebozo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A3068D7-355A-4A92-9965-81505371AD2D@microsoft.com... > I...

When I reference a cell in a separate list, I am unable to sort that list and keep the reference. Any suggested solutions?
I have noticed that when I reference a cell (eg, in worksheet 1) from a list (eg, in Worksheet 2) in another spreadsheet, and then sort the list (in Worksheet 2), that I lose me reference (in worksheet 1). Does anyone know how I can alter the reference, or user settings so that I can avoid this problem? Thanks for any suggestions! Hi Mike Instead of pointing to the cell in the second sheet, can you make the entry a Vlookup of some value from the other sheet. Then it will find the correct value, even after sorting. For example, if column A of Sheet1 had Names, and column B was using your e...

How to delete files force fully.
Hello I want to delete all the files under the perticular folder(including all the sub-folders too) I wrote a function, which does the clean up When I run my application in IDE (Visual Studio.net), the function works perfectly(In both Debug/Release modes) but when I try running it from the created .exe file, some how it skips a file in certain sub-folder though this does not happens every time, but it does happens very frequently It gives the error code 32 (The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. All the files in the folder and sub-folder are propritor...

No Messages in Inbox
I can send email, but cannot receive it. The Exchange account is valid, but I am not receiving any email. Any ideas? Need more info - if you're using Exchange, are you opening up the Exchange mailbox directly? what services do you have loaded? What version of Outlook? Have you checked your view settings on the inbox? Have you asked your Exchange admins for help? Brian wrote: > I can send email, but cannot receive it. The Exchange > account is valid, but I am not receiving any email. Any > ideas? ...

My add-on was deleted
I had an approved add-on that was recently deleted from ieaddons.com. but I don't got any mail or reason why it was deleted how I can contact whit ieaddon I already tried to contact them by mail, feedback and by phone Is there anything I can do to solve and fix the problems? This is very important to me. Hi, I think you will find the terms and conditions of use gives MS the final word on what they will or won't host on their sites. Ditto with any hosting site. If you have already tried mail, feedback and phone then that's it. (that is the contact d...

old inbox messages disappearing
Anyone know why old email messages left in the inbox would disappear without being deleted? Usually a filtered view. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Darla" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3d5501c42a43$a8f8ce70$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Anyone know why old email messages left in the inbox would > disappear without being deleted? Thanks, I will check my friend's outlook settings. >-----Original Message----- >Usually a filtered view. >-- >Russ Valentine >[MVP-Outlook] >"Darla" <anonymous@discussions.micros...

I need a code to automatically delete my junk email folder
Here is what's going on: I use Spambayes in additional to Rules I created for Outlook 2002. I would like the following action: 1) all emails arriving into the junk email folder should be forwarded as an attachement to uce@ftc.gov and caspam@dof.ca.gov 2) after being forwarded, permanently delete said item from the junk folder 3) (extra on my wish list), permanently delete the email sent to uce@ftc.gov and caspam@dof.ca.gov from the "item sent" forlder I've been able to use a Rule from the rule wizard to do the first two steps for the rule called "junk sender" lis...

Purchase Order deleted
We created a purchase order to do a test-run which we then deleted. But now items that were in that PO state that they have 1 item "On Order" in the Properties/Inventory. That "On Order" cell is greyed-out so it cannot be manually adjusted. Is there any way to change the On Order to 0 from 1 because we did not really order these items plus we cannot "receive" them given that the actual PO was erased? Zorian, Follow these instructions; http://tinyurl.com/nwc7w Must have access to CustomerSource! -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must...

Printing multiple sheets and KEEPING print settings
I am aware of the ability to select multiple sheets in Excel 2000, choose file>page setup, and have the settings apply to all selected sheets. Here is my current problem: I am selecting multiple sheets, some landscape and some portrait, and when I print, all selected sheets inherit the page setup of the last selected sheet. The proper behavior should be for each tab to maintain its own individual print settings unless I physically do a file>page setup. Hi Jeff You can use a macro for printing the selected sheets Sub test() Dim wkSht As Worksheet For Each wkSht In Acti...

keep record on one page
I am trying to avoid having a record split when it reaches the bottom of the page. I'd like to keep an entire record on one page, but I don't want huge amounts of white space on the report pages either. I don't know if this will help at all, but here is the current structure of my report: Report Header Page Header Group Header #1 Group Header #2 Group Header #1 again Detail Page footer Report footer I made the report through the wizard using two different tables. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Debbie Can you be a bit more specific about what you want to keep on ...

outlook inbox slows down
1.my client has informed me that his inbox slows down we he moves from one e-mail to another, and his cursor develops a tail 2. my other client has a problem accessing he inbox but when we moved the inbox to another pc on the network she can gain access to her own inbox on the other machine Do you have Norton Antivirus? If so the latest up has scewed things up. Open Norton and goto Options/Misc. and uncheck the Office plug in. This seem to effect every MS Office program. Check other newsgroups about it. That's how I found out. "donovan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.c...

How do I make my inbox mails which the receiver is a specific grou
I want to my mails base on the receiver, automatic to different folders. I want to my mails which receiver is a specific group, automatic to a specific folder. How to do that? Many thanks for your replying. You can use the Rules Wizard (on the Tools menu) to move items from different senders to different folders. "vincent" <vincent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:220B0059-3C29-41C0-BC7C-C4DFBF004E98@microsoft.com... > I want to my mails base on the receiver, automatic to different folders. I > want to my mails which receiver is a specific group, ...

Starting in Inbox
How do I configure Outlook to open in Inbox.Thanks in advance. Outlook Express>Tools>Options> General tab - select open with.inbox. "Scott" <scott@eicom.net> wrote in message news:FkPqg.11108$j7.315106@news.indigo.ie... > How do I configure Outlook to open in Inbox.Thanks in advance. > You should be able to set that here: Tools menu > Options > Other > Advanced "Scott" <scott@eicom.net> wrote in message news:FkPqg.11108$j7.315106@news.indigo.ie... > How do I configure Outlook to open in Inbox.Thanks in advance. Try this:...

Inbox Display 03-19-10
I have Outlook 2007 set to display the Inbox: * Arrange by Email Account * Show in Groups That's how I want it but how can I set the order (top to bottom of screen) that my email accounts are listed? The only options seem to be alphabetical or reverse-alphabetical by email account name. Is that it or can I set the order? I thought that going to the email accounts settings screen and moving my accounts up/down on that list would set the order they are displayed in my Inbox but that does not happen. Thanks. Peter "PMokover" <PMokover@discussions.mic...

Keeping a format number from a website?
Hi, I am trying to copy and paste from a bookies website where the forma of the odds are as a fraction (ie. 4/11). When i paste into excel it converts it to a date (ie 04-Nov). If i try to convert that date to a number it gives a result of 38295. Any ideas how i can keep it at a fraction or as a decimal point ? Many thanks in advance of any ideas Andre -- Andy78787 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Andy787878's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1579 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?t...

Keeping Foldres Expanded
Everytime I close outlook and re-open it again, the expanded public folders have all collapsed. Is there a setting to keep these public folders constantly expanded???? HELP! ...

Practicing then deleting
Can I train my employees by running practice transactions and practice POs, then delete all of them when we are ready to go live? Also, we are going to go live before we have every item in the database. Can we create a MISC ITEM and use that for items that are purchased that are not in the database? Any bad things about that? You can't really delete transactions very easily. You can void them. You could create a practice customer account - or even better, a training database - and delete the customer/database when you go live. Using a non-inventory MISC SKU is fine for completi...

retreving old inbox
i had to reformat my hard drive, so i backed up the old inbox from the user file onto a cd. the file is a dbx but i cannot seem to import it back to outlook. please help "matt" <beer4matt_uk@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:5f6b01c42df0$c371e9c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > i had to reformat my hard drive, so i backed up the old > inbox from the user file onto a cd. the file is a dbx but > i cannot seem to import it back to outlook. please help This group is for the support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 and 2003. Outlook Express, while having a similar name is in fact a...

Bad
Yesterday, I asked this over on the m.p.outlook.general group and despite there being 170+ new messages there today, none was a reply to my question. Not even a "must be a user error" type answer. So I'm asking here too. I have searched both Google and the msnews. groups and have seen a few others ask similar questions, but have not yet found an answer. My situation is as follows: OL 2003 Imap server Preview Pane is OFF View is set to IMAP Hide marked for Deletion There are no rules to delete any messages whatsoever - there is in fact, only 1 rule, which looks for ...