ie, and email not working

I have vista, this is the second time this year that this has occurred.
after a automatic update, all of a sudden, my typeing is running slow. also
my email send reiceve buton no longer works. and half the the video's on you
tube will not work. I know its not just my computer because if I use fire fox
then my typeing is fine and  youtube works. the last time this happened, a
few months later after another automatic update occurred then my email fixed
iself. my server says that all my connection settings are correct and I have
not changed anything. anyone else have this problem. ? I get no error msg
with email, just that the send recieve button is not working.

This sounds as if its some other program messing with your system since =
both IE and WinMail are being affected.  You might try clearing the =
Temporary Internet Files in IE and then also compacting and repairing =
the WinMail database (use www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/).  But I suspect its =
some other program interfering.  See point 3 here:  =
www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3 =20

You can try disabling what runs at startup to see if that has any =
impact.

steve

"soahcalm" <soahcalm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
>I have vista, this is the second time this year that this has occurred. =
=20
> after a automatic update, all of a sudden, my typeing is running slow. =
also=20
> my email send reiceve buton no longer works. and half the the video's =
on you=20
> tube will not work. I know its not just my computer because if I use =
fire fox=20
> then my typeing is fine and  youtube works. the last time this =
happened, a=20
> few months later after another automatic update occurred then my email =
fixed=20
> iself. my server says that all my connection settings are correct and =
I have=20
> not changed anything. anyone else have this problem. ? I get no error =
msg=20
> with email, just that the send recieve button is not working.
0
Steve

Mass Email #2
Hi all... another fun question. Is there a way to setup and email so that when it recieves an email it will re-send it to every other email in a list? Like a Team email account? Thanks for the help all. Er... distribution groups? everyone gets copy of an email to a common email address. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "New Exchange Admin" <NewExchangeAdmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF71F1E4-4B5C-4AF0-8DA1-7BF34BC3B703@microsoft.com... > Hi all... another fun questio...

Only receiving some of my emails
I had 3 identities in OE (business and personal). I'm not happy with the change to Windows Mail, but I set up the 3 accounts with their own folders just fine and emails were downloaded immediately. (I didn't do any importing yet.) Today I open my email to find only a few new messages dated today, e.g., my personal acct. folder had one new msg., which is unheard of. In the setup, I had checked the box to leave msgs. on server, so I checked my ISP server's webmail to discover that I had 25 new msgs. in my personal email account. Why did only 1 of the 25 msgs. come ...

Setup 2 email servers internal & external
We have Exchange 2003 running in our office to take care of our email. The exchange server's setup however does not allow for sending mail through it from outside. This stops me from using that as the mail server to send the mails generated by ASPEmail in some of our webpages hosted at our web host. That is not such a big deal as I can use the IMail server they provide to send the emails. I had them setup MX records to make our Exchange (mail.domain.com) the Primary MX and then mail2.domain.com (IMail sever at web host) the secondary. The problem comes when I try to send an email via ASPEm...

read email notification
Hello, When I send an email I want an recipeint notification telling me that the email is read. I have followed Outlook instructions but I can't seem to get it to work. Can anyone help? Thank you. "Helena" wrote in <news:2EC74C4F-C831-4BA7-9578-037C85733551@microsoft.com>: > Hello, > > When I send an email I want an recipeint notification telling me that the > email is read. I have followed Outlook instructions but I can't seem to get > it to work. Can anyone help? Thank you. Thankfully you don't get to control anyone's computer other tha...

ie, and email not working
I have vista, this is the second time this year that this has occurred. after a automatic update, all of a sudden, my typeing is running slow. also my email send reiceve buton no longer works. and half the the video's on you tube will not work. I know its not just my computer because if I use fire fox then my typeing is fine and youtube works. the last time this happened, a few months later after another automatic update occurred then my email fixed iself. my server says that all my connection settings are correct and I have not changed anything. anyone else have this probl...

Money 2005 and IE 7
I can no longer update in Money 2005 since installing IE 7 Any ideas please In microsoft.public.money, old nick_1 wrote: >I can no longer update in Money 2005 since installing IE 7 > >Any ideas please In IE6, I would go to Tools->InternetOptions->Security->TrustedSites->Sites list and uncheck "Require server verification... ". In the trusted sites list I would add these: moneycentral.msn.com fdl.microsoft.com passport.com passport.net login.live.com g.msn.com money:// Check that the SSL2 protocol is enabled. That checkbox may be in Tools->...

Tracking Token
Two questions: 1. If you did not set the tracking token at the initial upgrade to CRM 3.0 can you go back and change the prefix? If so how? 2. I'm guessing you can't track archived email in CRM - I keep getting an error when I attempt to do this - if you move email from archive back into active folders can you then track in CRM? 1. This is controled in the System Setting configuraton page. 2. Not sure. Try it and find out. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Archiving Strategy" <ArchivingStrategy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E0D95...

problem sending email in IE7
Hi, First I have Win XP home with SP2, IE7 and outlook 2003. Ever since I updated to IE7 I have had problems with my email. I receive OK but items placed in my outbox which have either attachments or text thet has been cut and pasted in will not send. If I just write a test email to my own mailbox it sends OK. Also I find that I cannot input addresses to the outlook address book without them just going to the contacts side. Any help much appreciated, ErnieH ...

how to display a activex on IE toolbar plugin?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0031_01C67B3F.6AAF7E80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="gb2312" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a IE toolbar plugin write by atl/com, I want to display my mfc = activex on it, I don't know how to do! Can you tell me? thanks ------------------------------------ beelzebub (beelzebub2006@163.com) ------=_NextPart_000_0031_01C67B3F.6AAF7E80 Content-Type: text/html; charset="gb2312" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HT...

Microsoft Office 2004 Refuses to Work
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have had Office 2004 for Mac installed on my MBP for a long time now. Sometime in the past couple of months, it has stopped working on my main account. Whenever I try to open any of the Office programs, they open a little bit and then freeze and have to be force quit. In my Guest Account, they all work perfectly. I found this post < <http://mactip.blogspot.com/2007/07/microsoft-office-2004-dead-as-parrot.html> > that would seem to be relevant, but don't have /Library/Receipts/JavaSE6Release1.pkg (or a...

Problem with IE
I am trying to open internet explorer on a windows vista computer and when I do it asks to choose a program to rule the file: iexplore.exe. It provides as an option internet explorer, which when clicked then states choose a programme to run the file: ssvagent.exe. This process keeps repeating. The alternative is to open it with google chrome which enables me to access the internet, but auromatically tries to download iexplore.exe. I've tried to download this, and ccleaner and mozilla but can not run any of them as it asks me to choose a program to run these. It's a fru...

group mailbox permissions not working
Users that are members of groups are unable to open other user's mailboxes. I have checked that the user is a member of the group. I have checked that the group has full mailbox rights for the mailboxes being accessed. For some reason exchange is not allowing access to the mailboxes unless I add the user to each mailbox permissions tab in AD. Any ideas? Thanks El ...

Publisher 2007 Email Anything with pictures
I'm new at this. I want to send out an email to my chapter each month advising of Lunch, cost, location... yadda. I am able to create a wonderful email. I send it and if you have outlook and Yahoo, it comes out o.k. If you open it in AOL or Thunderbird, Everything comes out as separate .jpg. (Borders, Logo, Some of the text) attached to the email. There is one option that I tried and it came out as one .jpg attachment. I have tried all the options to the best of my knowledge. None of the options come out as reading it when you open it in AOL or Thunderbird. Some tex...

MS CRM 3.0
With MS CRM 3.0 fully installed, we're receiving an error as soon as we enter the system: "An Error has occured. For more information, contatc your system administrator" The error is displayed within the IE interface (that is, it isn't a javascript popup) and within the CRM frames (so we can see the top and left hand menues). However if we try and navigate anyqhere else in the system, the same message persists. Hi, How many memory your SQL and MS CRM Server have? im wondering if it could be a memory problem... "NA" wrote: > With MS CRM 3.0 fully insta...

CRM v3.0
I have a user that has created about 10 emails over the last few months. When he attempts to Save and Complete the email, nothing happens. They keep showing up as an Activity. This happens with these few emails. He can create new ones and all seems well. No one else is reporting this problem. Any ideas? Thanks, James Is he importing existing emails into CRM or trying to use CRM to send out his emails? Did he hit "Send" ? I dont see this "Save and Complete". The "Save and Close" button will save the email as an activity and close the window. This DOES ...

Deployment of MFC/COM IE Toolbar
Hi Everyone, A newbie here. I'm having problems deploying my toolbar that I created in VS6 VC++ which is based upon MS's KBBar sample. I hope someone here could point out my mistakes. The toolbar works fine on my PC. VS6 registers the components and when I start IE, I see my toolbar under View->Toolbars. I select it and my toolbar appears and I'm able to click my buttons and the correct callbacks occur. I then made a Win32ReleaseMinSize Release and in my output "ReleaseMinSize" directory, files generated are: 13/03/2006 03:10 PM 45,056 CVToolbarInstall.d...

Recovering emails from the Trash Bin
If a user deletes his email then clears his trash Folder - is there a way to recover the email? Thanks Ron you mean empties the Deleted Items folder? if you have DIR configured, click on the "deleted items" folder, then go to Tools, Recover Deleted Items... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Ron Boetger" <rboetger@bblink.net> wrote in message news:2ftpl25vs5iscl3megh249jm50m0h3a160@4ax.com... > If a user deletes his email then clears his trash Folder - is there a > way to recover the email? > > Thanks > Ron Yes, deleted item retention will have it....

Transferring emails downloaded from Eudora 7.1 to Outlook 2002?
I just switched to using Outlook 2002, and I was wondering if there is a way I can transfer my emails that I have downloaded from Eudora 7.1 to Outlook 2002. If I have to send the emails to myself again, I will, but let me know if there is a way I can do more than one at a time. I switched because Outlook has the functionality I need, and I want to be more familiar with it, as I will be using it for work. Thanks for any help! Carrie Reed <CarrieReed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just switched to using Outlook 2002, and I was wondering if there > is a way I can tran...

Can't find a working macro in Excel 2007
Some time ago, I wrote a couple of macros for an Excel workbook. I recently returned to that workbook, discovered the macros, and would like use them in other workbooks. Unfortunately, they will only run in that workbook. The workbook is named xyz.xlsm. I suspect that makes a difference. In xyz.xlsm, I clicked on the View tab, the Macros button, and View Macros. I got the Macro dialog box, but no macros are visible. "All open workbooks" is in the Macros in: field. I also unhid PERSONAL.XLSB. No macros. Can someone help me find these macros and then make them available to all work...

Email template and scripts
can i add scripts to email template. what i want to do is transfer the Birthday field into Month Day format, for example, if the Birthday is 6/12/1976, it should appear as June 12. how to do this in email template? Benjamin - E-mail template is a customizable entity - but it doesn't have a form so there isn't any place to put scripts per se. But the template is able to grab field values from the entity. Problem is that the only field values are a full date and the 'dynamic value' (or slug) that can be put into the e-mail template can't manipulate the data. Seems...

How do I add a column to a sum formula for every row ie row 1 nee.
I need to add a column value (ie column L) to every row. Ie row 1 formula is sum(A1+B1+C1+D1+E1+F1......) I need to add +L1 to this formula. That is the easy part. Can I add L1, L2, L3 etc to there corresponding rows at once or do I have to do each one individually. Ie I have to then manually go to row 2 to add L2 then row 3 to add L3 etc. Looking for a shortcut If you select the cell with your formaula in it there should be a drag handle on the bottom right corner, just left mouse click and drag down the rows required formula will reference automatically. Hope this helps "ba...

How to make Row_DataBound in GridView work all the time?
Hello Community Using ASP.NET and C# with Sql Server in the back end I have a GridView that uses Row_DataBound event on a web page. When one of the columns contains a letter in the database such as “N” or “Y” that column in the GridView shows “No” or “Yes” using Row_DataBound. This works fine initially but after modifying a row in the database the “N” or “Y” doesn’t show the “No” or “Yes” in the GridView when the page comes back but instead still shows the “N” or “Y” in the GridView that is literally in the database until I add another record, then it will go back ...

how do i tell if the reciepient of an email has recieved it?
how can i set up email so i can tell if the recipient has recieved/opened it without having them actually reply back to me?? You cannot, excepting via a read receipt which they can ignore, if their mail server accepts the reciept in the first place "GreenEyes" <GreenEyes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14E2779D-970B-422B-9C60-DF751B53323B@microsoft.com... > how can i set up email so i can tell if the recipient has recieved/opened > it > without having them actually reply back to me?? Hi GreenEyes,, did you try the "read/receipt" o...

Page Breaks not working!
Why can i not see or use the page break when i enter it? When i go to menu and insert a page break it does not appear in the sheet in any preview? but when i go back to the menu it has changed the "insert" page break to "remove" ???? Page breaks only show up in the Page Break View. From the main menu, select View>Page Break Preview. From this view you can add, delete and move breaks as desired. HTH swatsp0p "Tash" wrote: > Why can i not see or use the page break when i enter it? > When i go to menu and insert a page break it does not > a...

how to bounce email after reading it
hello, After a message has been read using exchange 2003, and outlook 2003, is there anyway to send it back to the sender, so it looks like the users address does not exist and that it has come from the exchange mailerdemon? Thanks On 7 Oct 2004 22:04:29 -0700, aaronwhittaker2002@yahoo.com (aaron.whittaker) wrote: >hello, >After a message has been read using exchange 2003, and outlook 2003, >is there anyway to send it back to the sender, so it looks like the >users address does not exist and that it has come from the exchange >mailerdemon? >Thanks The simplest way is not to...