I keep getting this error msg, trying to set up a second email acc

 Account: 'Windows Mail', Server: 'pop3.live.com', Protocol: POP3, Server
Response: '-ERR command not implemented', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server
Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18

Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers.
Make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" is not enabled.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"JulieW"  wrote in message news:88DEB043-75ED-48FF-8960-90BB58882A9B@microsoft.com...

Account: 'Windows Mail', Server: 'pop3.live.com', Protocol: POP3, Server
Response: '-ERR command not implemented', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server
Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18

0
Gary

Outlook keeps prompting for logon..
User is on Outlook 2k3, latest service packs, updates, etc. Mailbox lives on Exchange 2007 (SP1). Everytime the user starts Outlook they're prompted to logon. I've disabled the logon prompt at startup option (and enabled it and then disabled it again), but it's still happening. I've tried it with cached mode on and cached mode off. I've tried it with offline mode enabled and disabled. I've tried deleting his profile and recreating it. I've tried switching to an RPC/HTTPS connection. Finally, i completely uninstalled Outlook 2k3 and installed Outlook 2k7. Not...

Outlook Error #55
When I send or receive messages using Outlook xp I get the following error message Authentication Required If you're using one of the more popular internet service providers or web-based e-mail providers, one of the articles on the following page might help you troubleshoot your authentication issue: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH011542541033.aspx -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "s.brown" wrote: > When I send or...

msg:"name of imported entity already exists" should contain name
When I import an XML file that includes several modifications like entity renamings(should be ported back to an older setup status), the following error occured: "The name of the imported entity already exists. Please specify another name". It would be more easier to find what entity or attribute can not be added/renamed if there would be a way to configure the system for getting more detailed error information (what entity/ what attribute affected). ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To v...

every second column
Hello Is there a possibility to show only every second column of the sheet in the chart - without hiding the columns in the sheet? Thank you Sincerely Lore Select the first column, hold CTRL down, select the second, third.... Make you chart best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Lore Leuneog" <Lore.Leuneog@gmx.net> wrote in message news:d18ot4$kk$04$1@news.t-online.com... > Hello > > Is there a possibility to show only every second column of the sheet in > the > chart - without hiding the columns in the sheet...

Help Old addresses keep coming up

How to tell if an email was sent or not
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0058_01C42622.9A84E240 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello: I have a user who was accessing our company exchange 2000 server over = VPN over the weekend. He was connected for many hours writing over 50 = emails...Near the end of his session, he received about 50 "email = undeliverable" messages pertaining to emails sent hours ago. Now, when he got into the office today, he asked that I look deeply into = the server logs to check to see if these...

Formula error since 10.5.6 update ...
Hi, I have been working with a spreadsheet for years without any problem of this sort. Since my recent 10.5.6 upgrade a part of a formula does not return a correct result. My problem seems to be related to the incorrect result of this part of my formula: TEXTE($N$5;"dd-mm-yy"). In this example, N5 is equal to "31-10-09". This formula should return : 31-10-09 It returns "dd-10- yy". Funny, the "31" is replaced by "dd" and "09" by "yy", while the month number is correct. Any idea with this is all about ? ...

getting date and time information- Masking?
I have the following data that I want to mask off the minutes and seconds - yet keep the hour and am/pm how do I do that? 1:00:05 PM 1:00:10 PM 1:00:17 PM 1:00:37 PM 1:00:44 PM 1:00:47 PM 1:00:50 PM 1:00:55 PM 1:00:57 PM 1:00:58 PM 1:01:02 PM -- Let go, Elevate your life Brent Hauver www.sagehealthstore.com =HOUR(a1)/24 (format as time including AM/PM) If I understand what you mean by mask. Brent Hauver wrote: > > I have the following data that I want to mask off the minutes and seconds - > yet keep the hour...

Email address not propagating
I recently upgraded my Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition to 10.0 and since than, when I create a new user with a mailbox, the email address is not propagating or creating. Has anyone experience this or can anyone tell me what's going on? Thanks Kit =?Utf-8?B?S2l0?= <Kit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:9DCEF58F-D225-4ED0-985F-9E34D7641738@microsoft.com: > I recently upgraded my Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition to 10.0 > and since than, when I create a new user with a mailbox, the email > address is not propagating or creating. Has anyone experience t...

Charter email account fails upon setup (SMTP error)
I have just had Charter internet installed at our house today. I have entered all of Charter's fairly simple settings (ports 110/25, no encryption, no authentication). Every time I run the 'Test Account Settings' I get the following error: Send test e-mail message: Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). I am connected directly to my Charter cable modem via ethernet when this happens, so I have ruled out any other network issues (c...

I cant get my email through aol on outlook
I set up my accounts while using outlook but I cant send emails, or recieve any emails without going to other on line sites such as aol, hotmail, I have checked and re-checked but still unable to send or recieve any emails Need more info - what version of OUTLOOK ? This should work OK with any version. the AOL site gives help on how to do this showing you the names of your servers. It is IMAP mail. Hotmail is HTTP mail, and again the Hotmail site has help on how to do this. -- Laura Rooke MVP - Mobile Devices ...

Run time error 'Could not find output table ...
Looking for some advice. I'm using VB6 with Access 2007. Basically, I'm creating a table called user1_table within the code, then I have an insert statement that stores data into this table. After the program is done, it drops the table. When the program is run again, it creates the table, and so forth. Now, this program works fine the first time, and then it gives me the Run-time error of '-2147217865(80040e37)' at the point of execution the insert table query. BUt if i tell it to run from there (debug mode), then it runs fine. when the error occurs , I...

Not getting mail from one domain
We have an Exchange 2003 server, sp1, not using IMF. We are unable to receive mail from a user from another company. (One company only) We delete all messages that contain virus's, and block messages with some attachments. I get all notifications when this occurs. I have had all ndr forwarded to me. but I dont see his emails coming to us. We sent an email to him and asked him to reply, and still we do not see the message. I had him send to both my work address and home address, I recieved the message from my home address, but not at work. I looked in the message tracker and ...

Memory error when copying rows
I'm getting this error "Excel cannot complete this task with available resources. Choose less data or close other applications." when I try to copy more than around 120 rows. Excel is XP, machine has 256mb ram. It does not matter how many columns are non empty in the spreadsheet, I tried it on different files. I tried copying more and more rows, at 100 rows available ram has 4mb left, then I select 120 rows hit cntl-c and it will crash and give me that error. Also I have unchecked all add-ins. Does anyone have any idea? I have searched KB but only thing came up was about name...

Scheduled Emails not being delivered
We have just setup Exchange 2003 & our users cant send scheduled emails. Would anyone know why this is, is it a global setting in Exchange? Thanks ...

UnKnown Error #2
I am getting a "Unknown Error" randomly come up on my Point of Sale machines when I finish a transaction and the receipt\cash drawer are suppose to be triggered. When this error comes up the cash drawer and receipt printer will not work until COM1 is uninstalled and the machine is rebooted. After the reboot they start working but then randomly the "Unknown Error" comes back up and we have to go through the same process. Below is a list of what i have tried: - Upped Virtual Memory to maximum - Shut off Services that were not needed to free up memory - Replaced printe...

Keep Lines Together; Keep with Next

y-axis titles get cut off
I've been having this problem since I got my laptop, which came with th trial version of Office 2003. When I make a graph in Excel, and I typ in the title for the y-axis, and depending how long it is, the las section of the title gets cut off. When I go to print preview, it look fine, and when I go to print it, it prints out fine, but in th spreasheet, the last part of the y-axis title gets cut off, and i really annoys me. So, I thought it was just a problem with the tria version, but yesterday, I bought a key for the full version, and i still does it. Does anyone know why this happens, a...

How do I get Outlook to refresh my inbox more frequently?
My old OE refreshed my inbox automatically, and this new version on my XP isn't. Any tips on how to get it to refresh on it's own? Thx! No way to answer until you provide your Outlook version, mail account type and connection type. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "MrsHMLong@hotmail.com" <MrsHMLong@hotmail.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD237E1D-7DBA-42D7-8978-645BA417C4D0@microsoft.com... > My old OE refreshed my inbox automatically, and this new version on my XP > isn't. Any tips on how to get it to refresh on it's own? > ...

Excel graphs
Hi, I'm trying to display two sets of data, with identical X-axis on the same Y-axis, but am finding it hard. I don't want 4 bars for each X value, but a graph with 4 X-catergories containing 2 bars each, then an identical x-axis with a further similar data set (i.e. 4 x 2 bars) - anyone have a clue how to do this? I've tried just making two graphs and deleting the Y-axis from one, but the X-axis never line up in something like Powerpoint when I put them together! Thanks! Forgot to say, this is for Excel 2000 bar graphs. "AndyB" wrote: > Hi, > > I'...

Outlook Set Up
I want to change my outlook that when I delete a message in my INbox that it goes away (right now I get a line through the message). After the message is deleted, I would like that it goes to the Deleted File. Can you help? Lothar wrote: > I want to change my outlook that when I delete a message in my INbox that it > goes away (right now I get a line through the message). After the message is > deleted, I would like that it goes to the Deleted File. Can you help? You forgot to mention a very important detail: what TYPE of e-mail account you are using. Sounds like...

why do my pictures keep disappearing?
Although I have checked the box in 'pictures' any form of graphic or word art that I have inserted into my publication keeps disappearing! If I click in the general direction of the insertion the bounding dots appear, but no picture Are you sure you have view, pictures, detailed display checked? If so try updating your graphics driver... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "JG" <JG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57E101AC-A758-400A-9269-3B68B754CA0E@microsoft.com... > Altho...

Getting Rid of the Zero
Can anyone here tell me how I can get rid of the zero that is in front of the decimal. Example: Make 0.50 look like .50??? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 19:02:29 -0400, yethela <yethela.uld6b@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote: >Can anyone here tell me how I can get rid of the zero that is in front >of the decimal. Example: Make 0.50 look like .50??? > > One method would be to use custom formatting. But since you ar...