I feel like an idiot! couldn't get outlook express to work and windows mail is the same if not worse. UGH!

I cannot figure out how to get any of the e-mails to work other than yahoo,
hotmail and my isp MSN.
I  need help PLEASE????      I keep reading all of the Q'S  that I see
others share with me yet do not know where and how to find the kind answeres
that others must surely be sending all of us frustrated pc users out here

of course this is surely silly even trying to send you this since every
single thing I have tried to send have come right back undelivered.  but try
I shall.

Thanks so much,

DEE

Windows Mail doesn't support webmail, which for a long time was the=20
only allowed access method for free Hotmail/MSN accounts.

Microsoft has now enabled POP access for free Hotmail/Live/MSN accounts.
Follow the settings given here:
http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry
Use port 587 rather than port 25 for the SMTP server.

Although it accepts the newer Live.com addresses, Windows Mail's=20
account setup wizard is hard-coded to reject Hotmail and MSN addresses.
To get around that, when you enter your Hotmail/MSN email address =
initially,=20
use a fake one, such as me@xmsn.com. After the account setup is =
complete,=20
=20
--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

"DEE" <yammy100@microsoft.com> wrote in message =
>I cannot figure out how to get any of the e-mails to work other than =
yahoo,=20
> hotmail and my isp MSN.
> I  need help PLEASE????      I keep reading all of the Q'S  that I see =

> others share with me yet do not know where and how to find the kind =
answeres=20
> that others must surely be sending all of us frustrated pc users out =
here
>=20
> of course this is surely silly even trying to send you this since =
every=20
> single thing I have tried to send have come right back undelivered.  =
but try=20
> I shall.
>=20
> Thanks so much,
>=20
> D=20

0
Gary
2/12/2010 6:38:58 AM
Say what?

"DEE" <yammy100@microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I cannot figure out how to get any of the e-mails to work other than yahoo,
>hotmail and my isp MSN.
> I  need help PLEASE????      I keep reading all of the Q'S  that I see
> others share with me yet do not know where and how to find the kind
> answeres that others must surely be sending all of us frustrated pc users
> out here
>
> of course this is surely silly even trying to send you this since every
> single thing I have tried to send have come right back undelivered.  but
> try I shall.
>
> Thanks so much,

Bob
2/12/2010 6:41:16 AM
Dee, you managed to get an account setup for NGs so we ought to be able to
help you with email.  Follow Gary's instructions and if you get errors, copy
and paste them into your next post and we will help you figure out how to
correct it.  Many people are using WM with Yahoo (must be a "PLUS" account),
Hotmail, and MSN.  You can too - it must just be something is not entered
quite right and the error messages will help to diagnose.

> I cannot figure out how to get any of the e-mails to work other than
> yahoo, hotmail and my isp MSN.
> I  need help PLEASE????      I keep reading all of the Q'S  that I see
> others share with me yet do not know where and how to find the kind
> answeres that others must surely be sending all of us frustrated pc users
> out here
>
> of course this is surely silly even trying to send you this since every
> single thing I have tried to send have come right back undelivered.  but
> try I shall.
>
> Thanks so much,

slk759
2/12/2010 5:19:19 PM
"DEE" <yammy100@microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>I cannot figure out how to get any of the e-mails to work other than yahoo,
>hotmail and my isp MSN.
> I  need help PLEASE????      I keep reading all of the Q'S  that I see
> others share with me yet do not know where and how to find the kind
> answeres that others must surely be sending all of us frustrated pc users
> out here
>
> of course this is surely silly even trying to send you this since every
> single thing I have tried to send have come right back undelivered.  but
> try I shall.
>
> Thanks so much,

iso

Office
Every time I try to update my calendar, or reply all on e-mail I get the following error message, this is a relatively new thing. My IT people are not familiar with this. Anyone know what might be causing this problem? Could not save Item. Could not complete the operation.One or more paramater values are not valid. Thanks for your suggestions, I'm going nuts without the ability to update my calendar. Have you tried running scanpst.exe against the .pst file? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sen...

Windows Live Mail with Windows 7
I have just bought new computer with Windows 7 installed and though disappointed that it had no email client, I downloaded Windows Live Mail. Having used Outlook Express previously, I am very disappointed with WLM. There seems to be no way to set up message rules eg to route certain emails to different folders. .. The WLM Contacts (imported from .wab) does not allow full edit of address in same manner as Outlook Express. You could edit via Windows Contacts and then import to . WLM after deleting all the WLM contacts, otherwise you will duplicates!!! .. On starting, WLM always go...

How can i make a webpage like a www.hotmail.com
Hi, i just wanna make a page like www.hotmail.com to give mail acces to my users, but i want just the email, not the contacts like OWA, is this possible, how??? Thanks You could look into using Segmentation, it might give you what you want. http://support.microsoft.com/?id=833340 Nue "Daniel Vargas" <DanielVargas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E0829C68-FE1C-42C7-ACA7-7BC4B620F427@microsoft.com... > Hi, i just wanna make a page like www.hotmail.com to give mail acces to my > users, > but i want just the email, not the contacts like OWA, is this p...

How do I read all my received mails in html- or rich text?
Hi I want to read all my received mails ( from imap folder) in html or rich text. My MS outlook automatically displays all mails in plain text, courier 10. So everytime I reply to message it is in same and I have to select html version. In outlook express which I was using before I could set that all replies should be in Times New Roman 12 . How do I do that in MS outlook ? On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 14:50:12 -0800, New to MS outlook <New to MS outlook @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi I want to read all my received mails ( from imap folder) in html or rich >text. My MS outlo...

Problem With Manifest (XP style Look and Feel) #2
hi all, I am new to VC++, can any help me to solve this problem. I created an application using SDI.And i want to work it out in XP platform.So i add a file called Manifest into my Debug folder where my exe is present. After adding that(Manifest) file i built my application.Now most of buttons are black in color..... so what can i do to resolve this problem.Should i add some coding to my application .... if so what code should be added..... Thank you in advance...... Regards, Sridev My guess is that you have something wrong in the manifest file. Here is some info and example...

VB5 MAPI trying to send an Email with Outlook
I have a VB5 pgm that uses MAPI to send emails to customers. Everything works fine when "Outlook Express" is installed on my XP computer. When I replaced Outlook Express with "Outlook 2002", it appears that my pgm sends emails out just fine, but when I click Outlook I get an error message "System Administrator: None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient." What is wrong and how can I fix this? Thanks for your help, Dennis Permissions, maybe? I'm only answering this post because no one else has, in the hope that I might ...

Get name of active sheet
I have one sheet in my workbook named "Work Data". If this sheet is active, then the following expression Application.ActiveSheet.Name .... will return a string of "Work Data". However, I don't want the name of the string in the sheet tab, I want the name from my VBA project window (named Sheet1). How can I retrieve the VBA name of my sheet?? thank u Application.ActiveSheet.CodeName Be aware though that newly added sheets since the workbook was opened while the VBE is closed will not have a codeName. There are various workarounds to force one, ...

Major bug in Outlook 2K(SP3)? Puts emails into the Junk E-Mail folder randomly?!

Merge Rows of like data
I get an excel sheet from our accounting department that I import into a database for reporting. The data is straight forward in most cases, but today I noticed that there are a lot of rows that are duplicated except for two columns. Is there a macro or a way to run a script that would look at these rows and compare them and if all the columns in the row match except for these two, combine the the columns (these are number columns so I would like to add the numbers) and create a single row? If so this would really help me get the reports they need. Any help is appreciated. Here is ...

Office 2003 Look and feel
Hi, can anyone let me know how to convert a Win32 Application written in VC++(Win 32 SDK) to have Office 2003 Look an feel. i.e all the menus and tool bars would have to be colored based on the theme set in the OS Using MFC, you can use these classes: http://www.beyondata.com/ Stilgar. "Vijay" <Vijay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:198EFB4F-72FC-4569-9FDA-F061898D3B60@microsoft.com... > Hi, > can anyone let me know how to convert a Win32 Application written in > VC++(Win 32 SDK) to have Office 2003 Look an feel. i.e all the menus and > tool &...

cannot deliver mail.
Hi I have one externel pdf writer from HP that not will deliver mail with my exchange2003. I can se that the pdfwriter is leaving the mail in my smtp que and then it just disapear. When tracking the message i find this in log. smtp:message submitted to advanced queuing smtp:started message submission to advanced queue smtp:message submitted to categorizer How can i get exchage 2003 to deliver my mail ??????? \Fredry Is it sending messages to users on the Ex server? "Fredrik" <nomail@server.no> wrote in message news:ugY%23zQy6DHA.2556@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi &...

Email recipient limit in outlook 2003
Good Morning, We have outlook 2003 running via an exchange server. One of our users is trying to send an email to a large number of contacts in their address book. They are not using a personal or company distribution list. They have simply populated the "To" field with each persons email address (not sure how many email addresses but looks like a lot, possibly more than a 100). When the user clicks "Send" the email just freezes and so does outlook. The only way to come out of it is to cancel the outlook.exe process in task manager and then restart outlook...

Printer Install on Windows XPproSP2
Hi, I can't seem to get my 'add a printer' feature to work on my XPpro machine. I continue to get installation failure errors. I've been to the microsoft site and tried the deleting \windows\system32\spool\ files and registry tweaks listed but nothing seems to work. It's an Epson C88+ printer that has been installed on this system before and won't work either via parallel or USB installation. It works fine on my laptop but not my desktop. Currently, I don't have any printer installed on this machine and am hoping for some help in changing that... :-)...

Outlook Express #197
Hi, I use Outlook XP. Here is my problem: I use a HTML file as a "Stationary". It has a Jpg pic in it. Whenever I send it to a "Outlook Express" client the stationary arrives with the PIC as a attachment. If I send it to a Outlook client it looks great! Any ideas? K.J.B. ...

Application.StartupPath on Windows 7
Using Visual Studio 2008, C#.NET. How come referencing Application.StartupPath on Windows 7 translates to: c:\users\superuser\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\mySolution \mySolution\bin\Debug which does not exist, instead of: c:\users\superuser\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\mySolution \mySolution\bin\Debug which DOES exist? On 1/5/2010 8:56 PM, Joe Cool wrote: > Using Visual Studio 2008, C#.NET. How come referencing > Application.StartupPath on Windows 7 translates to: > > c:\users\superuser\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\mySolution >...

Send from 3rd party app through Outlook can't find Address Book
I've got a client that when we updated their system with all the latest hotfixes and service packs for SBS2K (Server and Exchange) they've lost a function in one of their programs. They used to be able to press a 'button' in their program that would automatically generate an adobe PDF and open a mail message for sending it as an attachment. This still works, but they've lost access to their Outlook Address Books. They can still access the Outlook Address Book if they open Outlook and create a new message then attach the PDF manually, but this adds some extra steps...

Can't get Custom Settings to Stick
It is a strange problem. I go into Custom settings, make a few changes to the Standard Toolbar. It all seems fine. I finish doing what I'm doing; exit Outlook. And the next time I launch the program, the changes are gone. Help. Find and delete outcmd.dat. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Howard asked: | It is a strange problem. I go into Custo...

How do I get more patterns for shading
I am using office 2003. I am trying to get a light dotted background for 1 line of text similiar to those available in text cell formatting of excell. I tried table format shading/ patterns. However, the closest I could find was LT Trellis which is much too dark for the text to be read. In Excell there are a number of light dot background formats, but nothing similiar in word. ...

where do I get a supscription?
I know the site but where do I find it on the site??? Ask your local pharmacist http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm --=20 Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "need help" <need help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:E174AC64-45B6-43FC-BF51-889821AA4B75@microsoft.com... >I know the site but where do I find it on the site??? Surely that a perscription? "Peter Foldes" <okf22@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eBKGdZDkHHA.4936@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... Ask ...

I would like to have all CSRs able to Reactivate all Cases
Sorry, i'm rather new to the whole CRM thing. anyhow, from what i understand, only the person that created a case can Reactivate it. This seems to hold true even if the user is a CSR Manager. I would like to have all CSRs be able to Reactivate all cases. Even the non-Managers. Is there a modification i can make to the Security Roles to get this working? Thanks for the help. Matt Matt, According to the SDK, you need permission to write activities change the state of an incident. The CSR Manager has the rights to write activities only in his own business unit and those b...

Outlook 2003 pst vs Outlook 2007
Are the pst files in both 2003 and 2007 the same format? Thanks New PST files created in Outlook 2003 and 2007 are both UNICODE by default. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message news:%23CRHYlyhHHA.4064@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Are the pst files in both 2003 and 2007 the same format? > > Thanks > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in message news:644197B5-96B6-4F8C-AAE1-A8BDF18AB281@microsoft.com... > New PST files created in Outlook 2003 and 2007 are both UNICODE by...

Journal existing mail store
Does anyone know of a way to apply envelope journaling to an existing mail store? Envelope journaling has been turned on and it works properly. However, only on newly received mail. Now we are looking for a way to apply envelope journaling to our historical mail. Mail that was received and sent prior to turning on the journaling feature. Thank you in advance You could use exmerge to extract data from existing mailboxes. Not as clean as message journaling. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Stump...

Get object from one CDialog to another
I have a dialog MFC application, and I have it so that another modal dialog opens before the main dialog. The first dialog is for logging into a "Campaign". As soon as the first dialog closes the main one opens. How do I get a Campaign object from the first modal dialog into the second (main dialog)? You could have Campaign* members in both your dialog classes and do something like this :- dlg1.DoModal(); dlg2.m_pCampaign = dlg1.m_pCampaign; dlg2.DoModal(); -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] "Si" <si@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:JkR9f.25724$6i4.7472@news...

Outlook locks up when I reply to a message
I have Outlook 2003 on a Dell Inspiron 2650, running Win XP. All of a sudden, Outlook started locking up when I try to reply to a message. It usually get's stuck, while displaying "Starting Microsoft Word as you email editor" and then it just locks. Everything else in Outlook seems to work fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated If you select Tools | Options | Mail Format and turn off Word as your e-mail, what happens after restarting? Does Outlook still behave the same way? You may need to try a Detect and Repair from the Help menu. -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MV...

look up tables and getting rid of the #N/A
When you do not have information for a cell how do you get it to leave the cell blank or return a zero as opposed to the #N/A Typically, you would pre-test for the item to find.... Here are a couple ways: =IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH("find_me",A1:A10,0)),VLOOKUP("find_me",A1:C10,3,0),"") or =IF(COUNTIF("find_me",A1:A10),VLOOKUP("find_me",A1:C10,3,0),"") Is that something you can work with? Regards, Ron Coderre Microsoft MVP (Excel) "smiley61799" <smiley61799@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2154B71-3BBB-...