I can send e-mails but cannot receive them!!!!

So many people can receive but not send - my problem is the reverse of that.
I tried HELP but noe I get an error code 800CCC90 and 800CCC18 - lost ground!
When it first started I would get a few e-mails and then it would seem like
it was trying to download a huge document - just run and run and run and
finally time out. Next time I'd get on a few more e-mails would come through
and then it would hang up again. Also strange is that e-mails I deleted the
prior time I was on line showed up again as though I had not deleted them and
another copy of that same e-mail showed up!!

If Windows Mail keeps downloading the same group of messages,
that means there is a corrupted message on the server.
Log in via webmail (using your browser), sort the messages there
by date, delete (or move) all the older ones you've already
downloaded, plus one more. Then try Windows Mail again.

If the problem continues, right-click on your error message, copy,
then paste it into a reply here. We can't do much troubleshooting
without the complete error message. The error number by itself is
not very helpful.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"TomT"  wrote in message =

So many people can receive but not send - my problem is the reverse of =
that.
I tried HELP but noe I get an error code 800CCC90 and 800CCC18 - lost =
ground!
When it first started I would get a few e-mails and then it would seem =
like
it was trying to download a huge document - just run and run and run and
finally time out. Next time I'd get on a few more e-mails would come =
through
and then it would hang up again. Also strange is that e-mails I deleted =
the
prior time I was on line showed up again as though I had not deleted =
them and
another copy of that same e-mail showed up!!=20

0
Gary
8/26/2010 5:26:21 AM
Gary
I have never been able to see all of my messages in my inbox via my web
browser ever since I converted from using it to using Windows Mail. So, I
cannot use your fix. Of course, if you help me figure out why I can't even
see all of my messages via my web browser, that would fix two problems at
once! The last time I was able to get Windows Mail to download until it hit
the corrupt message it showed 69 messages in the INBOX so I know there are
plenty there.

Thank you for the help - the error messages is copied below.
TomT

 Account: 'pop.atlanticbb.net', Server: 'pop.atlanticbb.net', Protocol:
POP3, Server Response: '-ERR', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error:
0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

> If Windows Mail keeps downloading the same group of messages,
> that means there is a corrupted message on the server.
> Log in via webmail (using your browser), sort the messages there
> by date, delete (or move) all the older ones you've already
> downloaded, plus one more. Then try Windows Mail again.
>
> If the problem continues, right-click on your error message, copy,
> then paste it into a reply here. We can't do much troubleshooting
> without the complete error message. The error number by itself is
> not very helpful.

> "TomT"  wrote in message news:B8B2D754-108F-44AD-894A-26A14E819A9C@microsoft.com...
>
> So many people can receive but not send - my problem is the reverse of that.
> I tried HELP but noe I get an error code 800CCC90 and 800CCC18 - lost ground!
> When it first started I would get a few e-mails and then it would seem like
> it was trying to download a huge document - just run and run and run and
> finally time out. Next time I'd get on a few more e-mails would come through
> and then it would hang up again. Also strange is that e-mails I deleted the
> prior time I was on line showed up again as though I had not deleted them and
> another copy of that same e-mail showed up!!
>
> .

Yes, you can use my fix. It isn't necessary for you to see *all*
of the messages in your webmail (via your web browser). It is
only necessary to see the ones that keep downloading, duplicating
what you already have in Windows Mail.

Why you won't see all of your messages in webmail:
By default, Windows Mail deletes messages from the server after
successfully downloading them. However, all messages staged for
downloading must actually download before it is considered
successful to the point where Windows Mail deletes them from the
server. To change the default in Windows Mail, go to Tools,
Accounts, select your mail account, Properties, Advanced,
select "Leave a copy of messages on server." Depending on how
much server space your ISP allows, you may want to select one or
both of the two associated 'remove' options.

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

> If Windows Mail keeps downloading the same group of messages,
> that means there is a corrupted message on the server.
> Log in via webmail (using your browser), sort the messages there
> by date, delete (or move) all the older ones you've already
> downloaded, plus one more. Then try Windows Mail again.
>
> If the problem continues, right-click on your error message, copy,
> then paste it into a reply here. We can't do much troubleshooting
> without the complete error message. The error number by itself is
> not very helpful.

> "TomT"  wrote in message =
>
> So many people can receive but not send - my problem is the reverse of =
that.
> I tried HELP but noe I get an error code 800CCC90 and 800CCC18 - lost =
ground!
> When it first started I would get a few e-mails and then it would seem =
like
> it was trying to download a huge document - just run and run and run =
and
> finally time out. Next time I'd get on a few more e-mails would come =
through
> and then it would hang up again. Also strange is that e-mails I =
deleted the
> prior time I was on line showed up again as though I had not deleted =
them and
> another copy of that same e-mail showed up!!
>
> .
>=20

0
Gary
8/26/2010 7:22:16 PM
Gary
I went into my web browser [atlanticcbb.net] and totally deleted evry
message in the INBOX. Then I tried importing messages into my Windows Mail
account and got the same error code as shown below. It doesn't even get to
the point wher eit tries to download the corrupted e-mail.
Hang with me buddy!
TomT

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

> [...]
> > then paste it into a reply here. We can't do much troubleshooting
> > without the complete error message. The error number by itself is
> > not very helpful.
> >
> > Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
> >
> > "TomT"  wrote in message news:B8B2D754-108F-44AD-894A-26A14E819A9C@microsoft.com...
> >
> > So many people can receive but not send - my problem is the reverse of that.
> > I tried HELP but noe I get an error code 800CCC90 and 800CCC18 - lost ground!
> > When it first started I would get a few e-mails and then it would seem like
> > it was trying to download a huge document - just run and run and run and
> > finally time out. Next time I'd get on a few more e-mails would come through
> > and then it would hang up again. Also strange is that e-mails I deleted the
> > prior time I was on line showed up again as though I had not deleted them and
> > another copy of that same e-mail showed up!!

Gary
Now that I can no longer send messages I am getting this error message when
I try to send:

Account: 'pop.atlanticbb.net', Server: 'pop.atlanticbb.net', Protocol: POP3,
Server Response: '-ERR', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error:
0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18

Is this of any help?
TomT

"TomT" wrote:

> [...]
> > > then paste it into a reply here. We can't do much troubleshooting
> > > without the complete error message. The error number by itself is
> > > not very helpful.
> > >
> > > Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
> > >
> > > "TomT"  wrote in message news:B8B2D754-108F-44AD-894A-26A14E819A9C@microsoft.com...
> > >
> > > So many people can receive but not send - my problem is the reverse of that.
> > > I tried HELP but noe I get an error code 800CCC90 and 800CCC18 - lost ground!
> > > When it first started I would get a few e-mails and then it would seem like
> > > it was trying to download a huge document - just run and run and run and
> > > finally time out. Next time I'd get on a few more e-mails would come through
> > > and then it would hang up again. Also strange is that e-mails I deleted the
> > > prior time I was on line showed up again as though I had not deleted them and
> > > another copy of that same e-mail showed up!!

That's not a send error, it is a receive error.
To fix that receive error, try this:
Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers.
Make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" is not =
enabled.

If that setting was already unchecked, which antivirus are you running?
Some of them cause problems with Windows Mail over time.
Make sure your antivirus is not configured to scan emails.

"TomT" wrote:

> [...]
> > > not very helpful.
> > >
> > > Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
> > >
> > > "TomT"  wrote in message =
> > >
> > > So many people can receive but not send - my problem is the =
reverse of that.
> > > I tried HELP but noe I get an error code 800CCC90 and 800CCC18 - =
lost ground!
> > > When it first started I would get a few e-mails and then it would =
seem like
> > > it was trying to download a huge document - just run and run and =
run and
> > > finally time out. Next time I'd get on a few more e-mails would =
come through
> > > and then it would hang up again. Also strange is that e-mails I =
deleted the
> > > prior time I was on line showed up again as though I had not =
deleted them and
> > > another copy of that same e-mail showed up!!

0
Gary
8/28/2010 3:32:39 AM
Yikes, Gary! Why would I want to disable scanning e-mails for viruses. That's
one reason I buy Bsecure Internet Protection. I applied your fix and it did
work so that Windows Mail once again attempts to bring in messages. It brings
in 15 of the 69 in the INBOX but then stops there and gives me the error
message:

 Account: 'pop.atlanticbb.net', Server: 'pop.atlanticbb.net', Protocol:,
Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19

just as before. I have opened another e-mail account in the interim and it
is sending and receiving messages jsut fine. But, I'd like to get to those 54
unread messages somehow.

What next?
TomT
P.S. Thank you for your enduring patience.
"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

> [...]
> > >
> > > "TomT"  wrote in message news:4D6F37F8-696F-42CE-B361-417B291C38E1@microsoft.com...
> > >
> > > Gary
> > > I have never been able to see all of my messages in my inbox via my web
> > > browser ever since I converted from using it to using Windows Mail. So, I
> > > cannot use your fix. Of course, if you help me figure out why I can't even
> > > see all of my messages via my web browser, that would fix two problems at
> > > once! The last time I was able to get Windows Mail to download until it hit
> > > the corrupt message it showed 69 messages in the INBOX so I know there are
> > > plenty there.
> > >
> > > Thank you for the help - the error messages is copied below.
> > > TomT
> > >
> > > Account: 'pop.atlanticbb.net', Server: 'pop.atlanticbb.net', Protocol:
> > > POP3, Server Response: '-ERR', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error:

That symptom indicates a 'stuck' email on the server.
Log in via webmail (using your browser), sort the messages there by =
date,
delete all the older ones you've already downloaded, plus one more.
Then try Windows Mail again.

Bruce already posted the reasons why email scanning in your antivirus
should be turned off.

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

> [...]
my web
> > > browser ever since I converted from using it to using Windows =
Mail. So, I
> > > cannot use your fix. Of course, if you help me figure out why I =
can't even
> > > see all of my messages via my web browser, that would fix two =
problems at
> > > once! The last time I was able to get Windows Mail to download =
until it hit
> > > the corrupt message it showed 69 messages in the INBOX so I know =
there are
> > > plenty there.
> > >
> > > Thank you for the help - the error messages is copied below.
> > > TomT
> > >
> > > Account: 'pop.atlanticbb.net', Server: 'pop.atlanticbb.net', =
Protocol:
> > > POP3, Server Response: '-ERR', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server =

0
Gary
8/28/2010 4:14:12 PM
Gary
I still have the problem that I cannot see any of the 69 e-mails when I go
to the web browser mail account and thus cannot apply your fix. I have
accepted that this is just one of those angry cyber god issues and am willing
to allow him to win this round. I appreciate your eternal patience and
efforts to assist me.

Godspeed

TomT

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

> That symptom indicates a 'stuck' email on the server.
> Log in via webmail (using your browser), sort the messages there by date,
> delete all the older ones you've already downloaded, plus one more.
> Then try Windows Mail again.
>
> Bruce already posted the reasons why email scanning in your antivirus
> should be turned off.

> "TomT"  wrote in message news:9FCD51C9-A7EE-4589-B3C8-D0D08247610D@microsoft.com...
>
> Yikes, Gary! Why would I want to disable scanning e-mails for viruses. That's
> one reason I buy Bsecure Internet Protection. I applied your fix and it did
> work so that Windows Mail once again attempts to bring in messages. It brings
> in 15 of the 69 in the INBOX but then stops there and gives me the error
> message:
>
> Account: 'pop.atlanticbb.net', Server: 'pop.atlanticbb.net', Protocol:,
> Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19
>
> just as before. I have opened another e-mail account in the interim and it
> is sending and receiving messages jsut fine. But, I'd like to get to those 54
> unread messages somehow.
>
> What next?
> TomT
> P.S. Thank you for your enduring patience.
> "Gary VanderMolen" wrote:
>
> > That's not a send error, it is a receive error.
> > To fix that receive error, try this:
> > Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers.
> > Make sure that "Log on using Secure Password Authentication" is not enabled.
> >
> > If that setting was already unchecked, which antivirus are you running?
> > Some of them cause problems with Windows Mail over time.
> > Make sure your antivirus is not configured to scan emails.
> >
> > Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)
> >
> > "TomT"  wrote in message news:1E4D327C-4B9C-4D25-B753-CA253F0511E0@microsoft.com...
> >
> > Gary
> > Now that I can no longer send messages I am getting this error message when
> > I try to send:
> >
> > Account: 'pop.atlanticbb.net', Server: 'pop.atlanticbb.net', Protocol: POP3,
> > Server Response: '-ERR', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error:
> > 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18
> >
> > Is this of any help?
> > TomT
> >
> > "TomT" wrote:
> >
> > > Gary
> > > I went into my web browser [atlanticcbb.net] and totally deleted evry
> > > message in the INBOX. Then I tried importing messages into my Windows Mail
> > > account and got the same error code as shown below. It doesn't even get to
> > > the point wher eit tries to download the corrupted e-mail.
> > > Hang with me buddy!
> > > TomT

> > .
> >

> .

Something is not making sense. If you don't see any of the 69 emails
in your webmail, how can Windows Mail download even 15 of them?
At that point it errors out, which means message #16 is corrupt.
And since the same 15 get downloaded every time, it means Windows
Mail recognizes that the download did not complete and there are
additional messages waiting to be downloaded from the server. All
of this implies that those messages should be visible in webmail.

I'm out of ideas since I've never come across that scenario before.

"Gary VanderMolen" wrote:

> [...]
> > Now that I can no longer send messages I am getting this error =
message when
> > I try to send:
> >
> > Account: 'pop.atlanticbb.net', Server: 'pop.atlanticbb.net', =
Protocol: POP3,
> > Server Response: '-ERR', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error:
> > 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18
> >
> > Is this of any help?
> > TomT
> >
> > "TomT" wrote:
> >
> > > Gary
> > > I went into my web browser [atlanticcbb.net] and totally deleted =
evry
> > > message in the INBOX. Then I tried importing messages into my =
Windows Mail
> > > account and got the same error code as shown below. It doesn't =
even get to
> > > the point wher eit tries to download the corrupted e-mail.

0
Gary

Can't see 401(k) contribiltion total

Can't send/receive

Sending/exporting Outlook Contacts for use in another computer
I want to send the Outlook Contacts address book from my desktop to use in my laptop. Can it be as simple as copying the whole address book file and replacing the laptop Contacts address book with the new one? Thanks. Bob There is no separate "address book" file. The file you need is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup or transfer: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/backupandrestore.htm http://office.microsoft.com...

Lost Windows Live Mail Contacts
My Windows Live Mail contacts have been replaced by the few contacts in Windows Messenger, both in launching a new email - and also clicking on the contacts icon. I have tried all sorts of actions, including reboot, but the problem remains. WLM reflects 2 different sets of contacts depending upon whether you have "signed in" with your live ID... Depending on upon where you main contact list is stored.... you'll either want to sign-in or sign out... Login to the Live website and check your contact list. If everything is there, you'll need to be signed-in w...

Can not Customize Leads View

Bulk attachments

stuck in "Preparing to Send/Receive"
Reply Alls were working perfectly yesterday and I can send emails without trouble. But a Reply All today is permanently stuck in "Preparing to Send/Receive". How do I fix this? Remove the message from your Outbox and try again. See http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm Without knowing any details, it is hard to say what might have caused this and how to prevent it from happening in the future. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and...

Forward outgoing mail to email address
I have a emailbox "myinternalmail@domain.com", any time a person sends mail through this mail box, I need it forward to "myexternalmail@externaldomain.com" How can I do this? thanks All explained here: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF015.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "stoppal" <stoppal@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1134773472.049384.265090@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I have a emailbox "myinternalmail@domain.com", any time a person sends > mai...

Can't delete email #2

Can Not Reply To Emails

Mail received by wrong recipient
Microsoft Exchange Server Version 5.5 SP4 Microsoft Back Office Small Business Server Microsoft Outlook 2000 SP3 I know there are a lot of topics similar to this already but I cannot find anything in them that helps me solve my problem. Ever since I started working at this company over a year ago I have had the same problem every single time without exception. I give my email address to an external company e.g. when I purchase software over the web or request information via the web by filling my details in on a form. They send an email to the address I gave them (the only address I gave the...

How can I rename a database table?

Unable to send e-mails #2
As soon as I hit "send & receive", I get a message from the System Administrator saying my e-mail is "undileverable" with the following text: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: Mid-Atlantic Weekly Report 10/8 Sent: 10/10/2004 7:26 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'Scott Frigaard' on 10/10/2004 7:26 AM 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) 'Andy Aweida' on 10/10/2004 7:26 AM 553 sorry, that domain isn...

Can (or how can) I do this

Unable to send mail to public folders
Hello, We have an exchange 2003 env. Some users, are all of a sudden unable to send to public folders they normally send to. They get an NDR but everybody else is file. Can anyone thing of anything that might cause this? Something like ACL change? GUID? Anything... Thanks What is the text of the NDR? Are they internal users or external users? Perhaps the anonymous permissions on that folder were changed? -- Jim McBee - MostlyExchange Blog: http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com - Exchange FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resources/exchange/ "xmis1" <xmis1@discuss...

Can not archive