Help with sending emails

I can not send emails, I keep getting the error message below. I have aol and
am using the aol incomming and outgoing settings. Any help would be
appreciated.

The rejected e-mail address was 'cksbm@aol.com'. Subject 'test', Account:
'POP3', Server: 'smtp.aol.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '553 5.7.1
<kmussett@aol.com>: Sender address rejected: not logged in', Port: 25,
Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 553, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Change the outgoing (SMTP) port number from 25 to 587, as per.......
http://about.aol.com/faq/openmailaccess#OE6
These instructions for OE will work for Windows Mail.

Also, make sure "My server requires authentication" is checked.

Dave N.
MS-MVP (Mail)
Windows 7 Ultimate 64
http://download.live.com/wlmail
"Kmussett"  wrote in message

I can not send emails, I keep getting the error message below. I have aol
and
am using the aol incomming and outgoing settings. Any help would be
appreciated.

The rejected e-mail address was 'cksbm@aol.com'. Subject 'test', Account:
'POP3', Server: 'smtp.aol.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '553 5.7.1
<kmussett@aol.com>: Sender address rejected: not logged in', Port: 25,
Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 553, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

0
Dave

sumifs help

Public Folders can't receive email from outside sources.
This is on an exchange 2003 server. When external email is addressed to the public folder the sender gets these messages. I can send to this address from inside without error. Suggestions please. Thanks. Reporting-MTA: dns;mail.nwcouncil.org Received-From-MTA: dns;gw1.nwcouncil.org Arrival-Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 08:30:23 -0700 Final-Recipient: rfc822;SubbasinPlanning@nwppc.org Action: failed Status: 5.2.1 X-Display-Name: Subbasin Planning Download Attachment: attachment21 Attachment21: Reporting-MTA: dns;mail.nwcouncil.org Received-From-MTA: dns;gw1.nwcouncil.org Arrival-Date: Mon, ...

HTML Emails Loose Formatting on Forward / Reply
We are currently sending out some HTML emails (via a programmatic tool) to members of our company who use Outlook 2000 -2004. These emails use inline style definitions (i.e. defined in the header) that are applied throughout the email (i.e. to table cells, paragraphs, etc.). The problem is: The styles seem to come through fine when the user first receives the email, but when a user replies or forwards the email, the outlook/word editor seems to generate its own interpretation of those styles which ends up being very different from how they orginally looked. I've seen other HTML based em...

Help !

Help with this thing

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

Use Outlook to send to contacts in a query
Is there a way to set Outlook to send to contacts stored in a query (or a table) WITHOUT just importing them and doing it that way? I want to create a database, set Outlook to look in it, and have it send to contacts whose contact information will be listed in that database. Alan: Yes, there is a way. But have you explored, and rejected, storing contacts in Outlook and creating Outlook Distribution Lists? If you really need to store your contacts in Access, then you could use VBA code in your Access database to start Outlook and send and an email (or Mailitem as Outlook calls it). Y...

1 email account, 2 mail address, 2 computers, Outlook 2000
Hi I have 1 email account, with is shared between me and my girlfreind, we each have our own email address, but all our mails go in to one joint inbox, using something called Email Alias, that our ISP use. The problem is that we get each others mails, and we would like to setup a rule so that the mails not intented for the person that recives them is automaticly deleted in his/her outlook and is left on the server so the other can get it when checking their mail. I have been looking for guides to do this for a while and have been able to find a few for Outlook 2002 and 2003, but none for th...

Support Email to Support Case
I've only earned about two days of experience with this program so far, so here goes my first request... I have the Pro Suite 1.2 version of CRM and I've successfully setup a Queue User so that all emails that come to Support@***.com are automatically entered into CRM. I would like to have CRM automatically create a CASE with this email, or at least have a CASE created when someone accepts or assigns the email. Is this possible? Is this something I'll need the Workflow Manager for? Thanks for your help in advance, Vito You need www.c360.com's Email to Case module. It&#...

exch 5.5 help

new emails that are really a month old that reload every few minutes
Help. Every few minutes, I have to delete 28 "new" emails...this is a brand new problem that started yesterday. The same emails from October keep showing up as new very few minutes...I've had to delete hundreds of emails today. Why is this happening? Is there some reason you aren't deleting messages from the POP server after downloading them? Allison wrote: > Help. Every few minutes, I have to delete 28 "new" > emails...this is a brand new problem that started > yesterday. The same emails from October keep showing up > as new very few minutes....

User cannot send outgoing mail.
I have two users that cannot send outgoing mail through an exchange server 2003. When they try to send mail they get a NDR that states "the user does not exist". Recently, we started smart hosting through our ISP's mail server, and both of the SMTP mail addresses in question were added after this switch. This makes me think that there is some connection, but i can find nothing anywhere about this issue. Thanks. Are they trying to send to users in your Exchange organization or an external address? "Matt L." <MattL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

CRM 3.0 Invalid Association error when sending email
On a fresh CRM 3.0 installation I receive the error "Invalid Association. The request association is not valid" when we try to send an email. Anyone know about this? Thanks! Hi. I also have the "Invalid Association" error when sending email, did anyone find a resolution to this? Thanks in Advance. Dav "Troy" wrote: > On a fresh CRM 3.0 installation I receive the error "Invalid Association. The > request association is not valid" when we try to send an email. Anyone know > about this? Thanks! Reply to self - turned out to be the authe...

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

Send pdf inline (not as attachment)
Is there a way to send a pdf file as the message and not as an attachment? I want to be sure that every recipient sees exactly what I sent in exactly the format I sent it. Thanks Ehm... "I want to be sure that every recipient sees exactly what I sent in exactly the format I sent it." Then you'll need to send it as a PDF as the message format also depends on the mailclient being used an whether or not the mailserver supports that type of formatting. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an O...

Envelope not shown for new email in Outlook 2003 SP3
One of my users has a problem where the envelope does not show in the task bar next to the clock when new mail arrives in Outlook 2003 SP3. The settings are properly set - show an envelope icon in the notification area, display a new mail mail desktop alert. It did work for the longest time, now does not. Does anyone know why the envelope will not show when he received new email - internal or internet mail, and if you know a way to resolve ? maybe re-install Outlook ? thanks, Bob ...

Cannot Read Emails in Public Folders
We have Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003 running in native mode. Client is Outlook 2003 There are two Public Folders that are e-mail enabled. I can send email to them and in Outlook I can see the list of mail items however when I (as administrator) go to open them I get the message Can't open this item. Unknown Error. The strange thing is yesterday, when I set up these folders and sent a test message to them - I could open them. Now today I cannot open any of the previous messages sent yesterday or new ones sent now. I can however delete the items! I can post to the folder but a...

email a worksheet
Is there a way to email, just one worksheet froma workbook, don't want to send entire workbook, right now have to do alot of copy/paste into an email with just content want. Excel 2007/Outlook 2007 on Vista enterprise HTH: http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder2/mail3.htm Micky "Nadine" wrote: > Is there a way to email, just one worksheet froma workbook, don't want to > send entire workbook, > right now have to do alot of copy/paste into an email with just content want. > > Excel 2007/Outlook 2007 on Vista enterprise ...

Need help in data copying.

help...help...help

Macro Help

help me #2

cant connect via emails
i cant click on web addresses in email. it used to link to those web sites automatically but now nothing happens. i must have changed something but i dont know what! ...