Group by Conversation

Hello,

I normally use View/Group Messages by Conversation for my emails. I have had
no problems before.

A friend sent me an email. I used the Reply button to reply. Then I moved
both the message and my reply to a folder. Their Subjects are 'Hello' and
'Re: Hello'. I expected them to appear together as a thread with a + before
the original message. But my reply was missing.

If I turn off the 'View/Group Messages by Conversation ' my reply appears.

What have I done wrong ?. All my other messages & threads are there OK.

Thanks

KK

0
KRK

Windows Mail actually groups conversations by Subject line.
Most of the time it ignores the leading "Re:", but sometimes it
fails; for example, if there is no space delimiter between the "Re:"
and the rest of the subject line, or when there are multiple Re:'s.

--=20
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"KRK" <trebor@yeleek.nospam.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message =
> Hello,
>=20
> I normally use View/Group Messages by Conversation for my emails. I =
have had=20
> no problems before.
>=20
> A friend sent me an email. I used the Reply button to reply. Then I =
moved=20
> both the message and my reply to a folder. Their Subjects are 'Hello' =
and=20
> 'Re: Hello'. I expected them to appear together as a thread with a + =
before=20
> the original message. But my reply was missing.
>=20
> If I turn off the 'View/Group Messages by Conversation ' my reply =
appears.
>=20
> What have I done wrong ?. All my other messages & threads are there =
OK.
>=20
> Thanks
>=20
> KK
>=20

0
Gary

Unicode conversion
Dear all, could anyone provide me some refs on UTF-8 and UTF-16 bidirectional conversion algorithms? Regards -- Hou Feng (Leo) "F.Hou (Leo)" <f.hou@tom.com> wrote in message news:#RPjqSkgDHA.1872@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Dear all, could anyone provide me some refs on UTF-8 and UTF-16 > bidirectional conversion algorithms? a quick search on google, gives me: http://www.unicode.org http://fribidi.sf.net for a free implemetation of the bidirectional algorithm crimson13 ...

Grouping data
I am trying to group data for a specific event and have not been successful, so I am hoping someone can help. ID Date Value 174 12/3/2007 102 174 12/3/2007 909 174 12/11/2007 405 174 12/11/2007 701 206 12/6/2007 1001 173 12/3/2007 500 I want to group by ID, the MAX Date for that ID and the Max Value for the ID & Max Date The desired result would be: ID Date Value 174 12/11/2007 701 206 12/6/...

query based distribution group
Hello all running Exchange 2007 sp2, I need to modify an existing query based DL so it finds mailboxes and if the account has two different email address stamped on it. For example if the mailbox has test1.com and test2.com and it's a mailbox then make it a member of the query based DL Thanks for any help If it has those two e-mail addresses? That should return just one recipient. Or do you mean a recipient with any two proxy addresses? I don't believe that's possible with LDAP. Or do you mean a mailbox-enabled user with proxy addresses in two domai...

Group Footer at Bottom of Last Page of Group
I would like for a group footer to appear at the bottom of the last page of a group -- either hide the page footer on pages if it is not the last page of the group or have the group footer print at the bottom of the page. I have used the instructions to reset the page number and the total page count for each group. (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841779/en-us) I was hoping to be able to set it where if the page equals the total pages of the group, it will make the page footer visible. For some reason, if there is more than one page, it doesn't work properly. I have also used the i...

Creating Universal Groups with Distribution Group members?
Hello all. We have a Windows 2003 Active Directory with Exchange 2003, and I don't really want to duplicate work, but I think I may have to (ugh!). Here is the deal. I need to create an All Managers Universal Group with every group that has managers in it. So, what I tried doing, was I created a Universal Group and added the _All Managers DL into it -- but that didn't seem to work, according to my boss who asked me to create this UG for him. So, my question is, am I not allowed to add DL members to a Universal Security Group? And if now, is there any way that I can take...

Conversation thread in outlook 2003
Outlook 2003 training page in office.microsoft.com mentions that it is possible to sort by conversation to get a traffic flow (conversation thread). http://office.microsoft.com/training/Training.aspx?AssetID=RP010439111033&CTT=6&Origin=RC010435841033 (Or Training > Outlook > So that's how! Great Outlook features to organize your Inbox) But whenever I sort by conversation I receive a flat list with all message shown at the same level, not by the convesation traffic as shown in the example in the above mentioned page - all the messages for one conversation is intended at the sa...

Distribution Group list
I have a problem with the distribution group list. Here it goes: I removed and deleted the account from this group list but whenever I send a task, it always tries to reach this deleted account and give me a undeliverable error message. Please help. Thanks Restart Exchange services. Linh wrote: > I have a problem with the distribution group list. Here > it goes: I removed and deleted the account from this > group list but whenever I send a task, it always tries to > reach this deleted account and give me a undeliverable > error message. Please help. Thanks ...

Data, Group got error message Cannot shift object off sheet
I created a command grouping several columns together by going to Data, Group. When I go to click on the "-" sign to group. It gives me an error message;"Cannot shift object off sheet". Why? and how can I fix it. Maybe you have some objects that get rearranged when you hide the columns using your grouping symbols. This may have some suggestions that work for you. It's kind of a similar problem. XL: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;211769 Remember to look for comments and merged ...

Local Data Groups
Hi, Does anyone know if its possible to create local data groups for offline clients and somehow push the groups out to all users, rather than going to each outlook laptop client? Jo Savidge You can deploy the SFO client using group policies. When the user next logs onto the domain the SFO client will be installed ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm http://www.crowechizek.com/microsoft "Jo Savidge" <JoSavidge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAE65DA4-C2E3-4F50-A78B-39C98940A129@microsoft.c...

graphing by group
I have 10 individuals in 5 groups. I would like to graph the individuals but keeping them within their groups. When I try to graph it ends up as 10 groups. I would also like to make each group of individuals a different colour. Thanks, Tim Hi Tim In Step 2 of Chart Wizard make sure you have Series by Rows or Series by Columns correctly selected. If you groups are in different columns us Series by Columns other wise use Series by Rows -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "Tim Pasma" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

managing distribution groups
Hello all, I am running exchange 2003 and I would like to know is there a way and I can have a regular user maintain my distribtion groups. If so how would I go about that? Thanks so much Mike You can grant permissions at the disty group level to allow ordinary members to add and remove users. Be careful to only do disty groups as security groups changed by users in outlook is a touch insecure. "Mike B" <MikeB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F2F3709-0900-46B1-B87B-A2449FD44B75@microsoft.com... > Hello all, > > I am running exchange 2003 and...

Passing option group value to vba function
I'm sure I've done this before but can't for the life of me figure it out now, and hours of research online haven't helped. I'm simply trying to pass an option group value from a form to a vba function. I'd like the user to choose option1 or option2 and when they click a button, the function will run an if statement like "if option1.value=true then...." I've got 2 options named option1 and option2 and a frame called frame20, what else do I need? I've also tried bounding the selection to a textbox, but keep getting errors. Any help on the process? Tha...

DSum by group
I have a textbox with a DSum function, but would like it to query only within each group. It seems that most other functions (e.g Avg) automatically calculate by group, but DSum doesn't seem to be. =DSum([MKTCAP],"QryFILTER",[MKTCAP]>100) The text box is within the Group Footer, and I'd like it to return a different value below each group. Thanks! "RussG" <RussG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:697878DC-521A-4423-BB7F-97089D536EF2@microsoft.com... >I have a textbox with a DSum function, but would like it to query only >within...

Re: Protecting worksheet with grouped cells
I have a worksheet which has rows as well as cloumns grouped. After protecting the worksheet I am unable to expand and collaspe my groups. error:"You cannot use this command on a protected sheet..." Is there a work-around/solution to this problem? You can only enable outlines and have worksheet protection through a macro: With Worksheets("Sheet1") .EnableOutlining = True .Protect UserInterfaceOnly:=True End With The EnableOutlining property (and UserInterfaceOnly) is not saved with the workbook unfortunately, so this code would have to be run ...

Grouping and grouping within groups
I really need help, and help fast, so thank you ahead of time! I nee to know how to group and group within a group. I have been able to d a group, but once I group within the group and try to group anothe group withing that group it combines them. I know I can put a spac between the information so it doesn't combine them but that doesn' seem to be the right way to do things. For instance I have thre different area codes and I want to group them, then within those group I have five different colors of houses in that area code. I want t group the different colors within their area ...

Show Groups as Page Header
I used the report wizard to create a report based on a table. The table has 252 records. When I preview the report, it only shows 242 records. The records are sorted / grouped by district. In the table, the fields are District Business Name DBA Name Amount The wizard placed the District and field names into the District Name Header. To make the report more readable, how can I get the group headers to be the page headers? That is, if a group prints over more than one page, how can I get the page header to show the group name? You can set the "Repeat Section" property of the Gro...

E2K3 Storage Groups
What are advantages, and more importantly, disadvantages to using multiple Storage Groups. I have heard that having more then 2 SG's creates extra CPU load, is this true? The only benefit I see so far is logical separation for use in exchange manager, and that you can point translogs and system path to different locations, if you had different physical drives, I could see this as a benefit. I have a situation where I'd like to do the following -Storage Group for local users - Multiple stores with different store policies -Storage Group for remote users - Multiple stores with diff...

Project Server 2007 Groups not Synchronizing with AD
In my production instance, I have 2 security groups that synchronize with AD. This week, they no longer synchronize. There are no errors. AND, the training instance has exact same setup - the sync works fine in that instance. Any idea what could be causing this issue? Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Free Online Courses Available for Eggheadcafe.com Users http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/5261083e-6e03-4b25-8728-fc3cf6855293/free-online-courses-avail.aspx My apologies. Only one of the 2 security groups will not sync. I removed the AD...

Issues after 2K7 Conversion
Hello, We have just converted an Access 97 db to Access 2007 and now no one can open the db in either 97 (.mdb) or 2007 (.accdb) Unfirntunately we do not have any Access guru to trouble shoot this. Any ideas on where to find help. One thing I did notice is that when the 97 db was first opened in 2007 the Database Enhancement Dialog box never appeared. Thanks for any help you can supply!! "Torchwood" <Torchwood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4D2C9CC-72C6-4FFA-8E00-6F725424A9FF@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > We have just converted ...

configuring news group in exchange5.5
Hi can anyone tell me as how to configure news group in exchange5.5 server? thanx in advance. gajanan ...

Distribution Lists as Security Grouping
Hello Newsgroup, Very quick question. Why is it that I am unable to use my Exchange DL in assigning permissions to a Public Folder? Setup: Exchange 2003 Enterprise SP1 Windows 2003 Standard SP1 Thanks .... because Distribution Groups are not security principals, cannot be assigned permissions. .... use Security Groups. If you mail-enable them they get the same functionality as distribution lists as well. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------- "Kirrin Jones" <kirrinjones@gmail.com> wrote in message ne...

Exchange Distribution Group Usable externally.
I've created a distribution list with domain and external user in it. It works fine if a domain user uses the group...the message gets sent to everyone. If an external user send to the distribution group, only the domain users get the message. Is there a way to set up the group so that when an external user sends to the distro group, everyone in the group gets the message? Thanks, Scott ugh...this works, turns out I just have a brain lapse... ...

How to add URLS in emails and send in groups
I send group emails to my customers and have my email list grouped alphabetically. Each email group I send to, I copy and paste from the previous email into the new one, but the URLS never transfer and I have to constantly renew the URLS. Of course, MS doesn't have anything like this in the help section!!! URRGGGH Any help would be appreciated! You can create a category in the Contacts instead of copy from an old email. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP-Mail "mustardseed5" <mustardseed5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:898EB790-5640-487F-8F06-4DD14F...

grouping rows...
say: DEPT1 EMP1 DEPT1 EMP2 DEPT1 EMP3 DEPT2 EMP4 DEPT2 EMP5 DEPT3 EMP6 DEPT3 EMP7 .... .... .... if I want to group the rows by dept, do I have to select dept1 and group them, and select dept2 and group... for every dept? any better ideas? Data | Filter | Autofilter is probably the fastest way to simply look at rows with specific DEPT# entries in them. If you've got some special need to do much more than that with them, then we'd need a more detailed explanation of what you want to do with this information. "kang" wrote: > say: > DEPT1 ...

Security Group / Distirbution groups
Hello, If I need to setup a group in AD as a Distribution Group (Exchange 2k3 DL), but also use it for assigning NTFS permissions, I simply create it as a Distirubtion group and assign NTFS permissions right? Security Group w/email address in AD = a group I can use to assign NTFS permissions, and also use it as a distribution list but it will NOT show up in the Global Address List. Distribution Group = all of the above BUT DOES show up in the GAL. Right? Troy actually, I think you need to set up a security group, then mail-enable it...you can hide it from the GAL if you wish... --...