Get this error trying to get @live.com mail to sync with Windows M

[error messge]  Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'pop3.live.com', Protocol:
POP3, Server Response: '-ERR command not implemented', Port: 995,
Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18

You enabled an option that your mail server does not support.
In Windows Mail go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties,
Servers, then uncheck "Log on using Secure Password Authentication".

--
Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"JbarJensen" <JbarJensen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [error messge]  Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'pop3.live.com',
> Protocol:
> POP3, Server Response: '-ERR command not implemented', Port: 995,
> Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18

0
Gary
12/28/2009 4:34:52 AM
Use the Configuration Settings on this page:
http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry

JbarJensen wrote:
> [error messge]  Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'pop3.live.com',
> Protocol:
> POP3, Server Response: '-ERR command not implemented', Port: 995,
> Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18

0
PA

MSCOMCTL.OCX runtime error
I am trying to use an older program (developed probably around 2003/4). When I attempt to run it I get the following message: > > Run-time error '339': > > Component 'MSCOMCTL.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly > registered: a file is missing or invalid > I found this website from google, this specific thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/845481.htm so I decided to try doing what was suggested in that thread. None of the things that were suggested helped, then it mentioned something about dependency walker. I opened the ...

Non US Dollar accounts do not show in Settings for Active Sync
I am currently using Microsoft Money 2006 for both my desktop and my pocket pc device. I am attempting to sync some of my accounts to my pocket pc device. However, it seems that the options for Active Sync is only shows acocunts that are using US Dollar as the currency. I would like to sync accounts that are using Singapore dollars. Any way I can do this? No. You can only synchronize accounts which are in your base currency, which appears to be US Dollars in your case. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://money.mvps.org/faq/default.aspx for ...

Windows only recognizes 2GB of RAM and there is 4GB installed
Hi. I've been having some issues with my laptop and RAM ever since I got it, and am really getting tired of being so limited by vista on only 2 gigs of RAM. I have been trying to search for a fix of my problem and haven't yet found a solution so I'm hoping someone might know what to do. Here's the issue. I have 4GB of RAM physically installed in the computer. I've checked bios, and it confirms the 4GB. When I view system information in windows, it too shows 4GB of RAM installed, but when I view the task manager, my system resource tab shows only 2GB of physica...

Outlook 2003 error #16
My PC crashed last night, and when I restarted it, Outlook 2003 gave an error message that the personal folders had been improperly terminated, and it was trying to recover. That message disappeared after a few seconds, and a normal-looking Outlook window came up. But now, when I try to send/recieve email, I get the error message: Task 'Verizon Main - Receiving' reported error (0x80040600) : 'Unknown Error 0x80040600' Is there a way to recover Outlook without losing the inbox, which contains numerous unread emails? Running Vista Home Premium edition. In the first in...

Unhandled Exception error on few accounts
Hello, On just a few accounts, if I go to History or Activities, I get the following unhandled exception: [SoapException: Server was unable to process request.] System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) +1496 System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) +218 Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.ActivityPointerWebService.RollupByObject(Guid rollupById, String rollupByName, RollupType rollupType, QueryBase queryExpress...

Keeping Sent Items in sync across two PCs
I asked this question a few days ago in the microsoft.public.outlook.general forum but didn't get any replies, so I thought I'd try here instead... I have two computers, and both use Outlook 2000 for email. I don not use an Exchange server - email is by POP3/SMTP. Both computers collect the same email by POP3, and are set up to leave messages on the server for 30 days so nothing is missed on either PC. This works well, but the only problem is that when I send an email, it is only in the Sent Items fold of the PC that I used to send the email. Is there a way to 'copy' group...

A Crystal Beginner

Auto-forward from a mail-enabled public folder in Exchange 2003
We have a mail-enabled public folder that used to auto-forward to multiple people any-time it received email. Now that we have added an 2003 version of Exchange, that have been removed (by the installation?) and we are no longer able to auto-forward to more than a single person (using public folder properties) Is there something I am missing about how to get this set back up? ...

GP 10 new install (trial)
Hello, I installed a trial version of GP 10 on a standalone PC to evaluate it. Install seems to complete without problem (includes SQL 2005 install) but when I first want to run Utilities I get an error message " an error occurred while using the bcp utility - data was not correctly copied to the server..." It says it's either a BCP install or ODBC issue. Re-installed everything, same result. Would anybody have a clue? This problem occurs if the User Account Control (UAC) feature is enabled in Windows Vista. However, you must disable the UAC feature if you want to run M...

Combo Box Yes/No error
Hello. I have a form that I want to add a function in the footer that will allow me to sort the records based on whether they are active or inactive. The field in my table is a yes/no check box that is check for yes and unchecked for no. I have tried to use a combo box with 2 columns, Active and Inactive with corresponding fields yes/no check boxes. I set it up as a 2 column count combo box and hid the yes/no column so active/inactive would appear. I get an error that the expression is too complex.... The information is passed to my query to the Active Yes/No column by using: [Forms]![E...

"Compile error in hidden module: GlobalCodeModule"
Hi, we have 3 versions of office installed 2003, 2007, 2010. We have had no problems with that until a week ago or so. In Word 2003 we have code in a global template which uses a treeview control from mscomctl.ocx. I'm not sure that this is the problem though. I have tried to uncheck the reference to theat control and save the template, but then I get another error message "The disk is full. etc etc". I can't save the template after removing the reference or doing any other editing in that template. This not only occurring on my computer. I suspect a rec...

Slightly OT: I'm writing a crude automated testing tool for our QA team...
that will be a simple MFC Dialog. You can click "record" and the app will record all keyboard and mouse movement until you click "stop recording" (of course, UI interaction where the input window is the tool itself is ignored) and then the QA person can 'playback' those inputs and change the playback rate, and other factors. My question is, I could use non-exclusive DirectX to do this (overkill), or keyboard/mouse hooks (traditional probably) or try to figure some capture method for the keyboard like SetCapture for the mouse (recording the mouse input and th...

Question about forwarding mail to a POP3 server
I'm running exchange 2003 on SBS 2003 and have come across a difficult situation. Maybe one of you can help. Our client has the SBS inside their network and are using Outlook 2003 to interface with the Exchange server. They also have a POP3 server that sits out on the 'net. We have configured each client with an Exchange mail box as well as access to their POP3 account. When Outlook sends and receives it collects from both the local Exchange server as well as the POP3 boxes. When a user sends they use the Exchange server. Pretty straight forward so far. The challenge we ...

Get paid while you get online!!

outgoing mail #3
Hi There, I'm having problems with outgoing mail. It does not send out the email and errors out saying "cannot establish connection". Incoming mail is fine. Please help! Mani ...

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

How do I get??

Independent Dynamics Windows
Is there anyway (in the dex.ini or anywhere else) to set so that the Dynamics windows do not drop to the bottom automatically? -- Doug The short answer is no. This is a product of the new single document interface to bring consistency with other Microsoft desktop applications in v10. While this may seem annoying at the beginning, in the end it will be no different than working with other applications or upgrading to a new version of Windows. Example, when you create a new email in Outlook it opens a single document window and not a window within the Outlook shell. This same concept...