Empty the Inbox

Is there a better way to empty all messages in the Inbox than holding down
the Cntrl key?  Just used the laptop after several months, and it downloaded
all the old emails on the server.  Using Windows Outlook Express.
--
kbob

This is not the Outlook Express newsgroup, but anyway: If you want to
delete all the Inbox messages, highlight one header viewing in the Preview
Pane, and Ctrl + A will highlight them all. Delete all in one motion.
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP [Mail]

"k. bob" <kbob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a better way to empty all messages in the Inbox than holding
> down
> the Cntrl key?  Just used the laptop after several months, and it
> downloaded
> all the old emails on the server.  Using Windows Outlook Express.
> --
> kbob

0
Bruce
12/17/2009 10:08:34 PM
CTRL+A then press DELETE key.

k. bob wrote:
> Is there a better way to empty all messages in the Inbox than holding down
> the Cntrl key?  Just used the laptop after several months, and it
> downloaded
> all the old emails on the server.  Using Windows Outlook Express.

0
PA

Inbox and Gmail Folder
When I view the "Gmail" folder and the subfolder "Inbox" directly below it , they have the same messages, and are in sync Is there a way to hide one or the other? Seems redundant to have both It seems that it is designed to show that way. The same thing happens for me too here in all my e-mail IDs. "Bob Boyd" <Bob Boyd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9820BAA-75DC-4905-A8DA-CE7DE50A225A@microsoft.com... > When I view the "Gmail" folder and the subfolder "Inbox" directly below it > , > they have...

How can I delete entire inbox?
Hi, Is there a way to empty and/or delete the total inbox folder? The account has so much spam and don't want to delete 1000 spam messages one by one. Thanks for any help! Select first email, hold down shift, use down arrow to select all = messages, presss delete. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, egb88 asked: | Hi, | Is there a way to empty and/or delete the total inbox folder? The | account has so much...

Empty the Inbox
Is there a better way to empty all messages in the Inbox than holding down the Cntrl key? Just used the laptop after several months, and it downloaded all the old emails on the server. Using Windows Outlook Express. -- kbob This is not the Outlook Express newsgroup, but anyway: If you want to delete all the Inbox messages, highlight one header viewing in the Preview Pane, and Ctrl + A will highlight them all. Delete all in one motion. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "k. bob" <kbob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Looping until empty column
Here is my dilemma. I can do VBA in Access, but for some reason I jus don't get it in excel. What I want to do is go down a column and stor that info in a variable. I want this to happen untill there is no mor data. Once I have that data I want to go to another page and store th data in an empty column. I want the program to auto. find the empt column. Thank You in advance. thegu -- thegu ----------------------------------------------------------------------- theguz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2491 View this thread: http://www.excelforum....

inbox refreshing
In Outlook 2002 my inbox is not refreshing automatically with new mail. I have to select another folder i.e. sent items and then come back to the inbox and then new mail shows up. Does anybody have any ideas what's causing this problem and a fix for it? Check out http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305572&Product=ol2002 If you're running at Outlook version 10.0.2915 or later (check Help |About Microsoft Outlook), you should already have the required files; you should just need to apply the registry work mentioned. -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ ...

Cant delete msgs in my Inbox? Says not conected
I've got Outlook configured to download my messages in my Hotmail and also in my MSN accounts. It does this fine as well as sending messages. However, WHY Cant I delete messages in my Inbox??? It always says: " The connection to the server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action. " So, also it will let me Copy to an Offline Folder but it won't let me Move to a Folder. I'm openning messages in my (online Hotmail/MSN) Inbox so how can it not be connected?? I go to File > Connect to Hotmail but it makes no diff...

pst file appears empty
Hello all! I have a 450 MB pst file, that appears empty in OL98. I have run scanpst several times, did not help. I changed the first byte of the file from 21 to 00 with a hex editor and ran scanpst, it did report errors, fixed them and still no help. I tried exmerge, which reported succesful import, but did not actually retrieve anything from the pst file. Mdbvu32 also shows that the stuff is in there. It seems that the problem is quite common, but does anyone have a solution, how to fix it. Please help! Harri ...

Empty Cell not empty
If I use the following formula: =IF(B25="","",B25+C25) in Column U all the way down to Row 20000 to create a new value... (Column B has a date and Column C has a Time) and then copy and paste Column U to Column T as values, I see empty cells in Column T once my data runs out (presently around Row 40. However....if I use the CountA function,it is telling me that I have data in Column T all the way down to Row 20000. Since this combined Date/Time is being used as X Axis data it is screwing up the graph because Excel thinks those cells are Jan 1, 1900 when in fact...

lost msgs in inbox
my msgs in my inbox disappeared. i have windows 2000. can someone help me, pls. thanks. The two most common reasons for what you describe is disruption of the compacting process, (never touch anything until it's finished), or bloated folders. More on that below. Why Mail Disappears http://www.insideoe.com/problems/bugs.htm#mailgone About File Corruption http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/community/columns/filecorruption.mspx DBXpress run in Extract From Disk Mode is the best chance to recover messages: http://www.oehelp.com/DBXpress/Default.aspx And see: http...

Inbox/IMAP server question
Hey guys, hope your holiday season is doing good so far. Mine has been a pain so far. In a nutshell, I'm 16 and living with my grandparents. My grandfather's computer (Windows 98SE with Outlook Express 6) died last week and we bought a new one (Windows XP Home with Outlook 2002) and he is throwing a fit. He's been crying and complaining and screaming and yelling because "NOTHING WORKS RIGHT!!" I have set up his email accounts so they connect to his work's IMAP server so he can get his email, but for some reason the IMAP's server folder list has it's ...

Empty Excel file is too large
I have deleted all sheets, and contents from my excel file, but it's still 2Meg in size. When I zip it, it's only 90K Bytes. (A blank excel file is usually 90K Bytes) Why is my empty file so large? It was originally 5 Meg, and I deleted all sheets, formulas, and VB codes. Right now there is nothing (except one empty sheet), but the size is still 2M. Please respond. Sometimes what I find is that Excel counts unused rows as part of the file size. So what I do is highlight all the rows from the first unused one to the last one, i.e. ctrl+g to bring up the goto box, then Ax:a65536,...

How to set inbox as default window
In outook 2002, how do you set the inbox as the default window that opens? (Instead of the calendar) Thanx, Jake Tools->Options->Other->Advanced. When starting Outlook, start in this folder - set your folder from there. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Jake <jzeller@dowco.com> asked: | In outook 2002, how do you set the inbox as the default | window that opens? (Instead of the calendar) | | Thanx, | Jake On Sun, 3 Aug 2003 17:31:46 -0700, &q...

moving inbox mail ???
Ok, guru's...Guess I'm stupid here, but if I don't ask I won't know. I can't drag my mail from my inbox to my folder. It says"can't move items" What the heck am I donig wrong? "macmov" said in news:nosXb.18051$P92.6145@news02.roc.ny: > Ok, guru's...Guess I'm stupid here, but if I don't ask I won't know. > I can't drag my mail from my inbox to my folder. It says"can't move > items" What the heck am I donig wrong? "... to my folder." To what folder? To another "folder" inside your inf...

Contacts dialogue box shows up empty
I have an issue with Outlook Pro installed on my main PC that is not recognizing contacts. They are all there, but when I try to send an email, and I select "to" the contacts dialogue box shows up empty. Thanks in advance, Jay Is the Contacts folder selected as an Address List? http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/contactsinaddressbook.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -FREE tool; QuickMail. Create new Outlook items anywhere from within Windows -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data ----- "Jay" <nospam_doctorpep...

ignoring empty???
Hi all, one of my students presented me with the following: "I get a list from another application. There is a column that has either value "yes" or looks like empty. Now, when I want to jump to the next row that has value "yes" I use the shortcut key Ctrl+ArrowDown. However, sometimes when a cell looks like empty there may be a space, with the result that when I need to jump to the next "yes" cell I end up in a cell that has a space. (one that looks empty) So, I used the function Trim to get rid of all the superfluous spaces in an extra column. And al...

Download my hotmail inbox to my local disk
I am trying to view my hotmail inbox via Outlook Express and get these messages: Hotmail no longer allows email access via Outlook Express for free email accounts. Access to Hotmail via Outlook and Outlook Express now requires a subscription. Is there any way (program) to download to my computer all the e-mails found in my Hotmail Inbox with one move? Yes, pay for a subscription and use Outlook or Outlook Express. -- Looking to retire early? http://www.icanberich.biz <verb13@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1146680802.620203.44140@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com... :I am trying...

empty in box
How do I empty my in box without moving everything to delete first? I can't find a "select all" choice. Can anyone share how to do this? Thanks, Linda Highlight one message header. Ctrl+A will highlight them all. Shift | Delete will bypass Deleted Items. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC17754D-E900-4E78-8F3F-766F73CB3410@microsoft.com... > How do I empty my in box without moving everything to delete first? I > can't > f...

Calculations with empty fields
I have a report that is calculating total elapsed time between dates. I have the calculation working fine if all fields are filled in. However, out of necessity there will always be fields that are not filled in yet (because the orders have not yet arrived, shipped, etc.). I am (of course) getting the #error result for all of these cases. I would like for these fields to remain blank until the orders have arrived, shipped, etc. I am pretty sure that I need to use .hasdata, but can not quite get it to work. My expression for the calculated fields is below. =Workdays([Firs...

When printing a document on deskjet an empty page comes out
I try to print an Excel document on an HP Desjet 3820 printer, but both print prewiew and printout are blank. When checking the print area my data shows correctly. Clear print area, then reslect the area. D -- Donal ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Donald's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1517 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26841 I'm sorry, it didn't work to clear the print area. I'm still grateful for more ideas! best/sanna Donald's suggestion usuall...

Empty Emails
I get daily emails that are empty. Blank. From: Blank To: Blank Body: Blank Can someone tell my why? I just delete them. Thanks Sue Nope, I do too, but SpamBayes takes care of them for me. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Sue asked: | I get daily emails that are empty. Blank. | From: Blank | To: Blank | Body: Blank | | Can someone tell my why? I just delete them. | Thanks | ...

Empty (NUll) value in cell, not empty string?
I have cell (D1) with this formula: =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(C1,Navne,2,FALSE)),"";VLOOKUP(C1,Navne,2,FALSE)) If C1 is N/A, it returns an empty string. The problem is, you cant multiply an empty string. So my next formula =D1*10 it gives me a VALUE error. I would like to give me a 0 in stead. I know I can change ti formula to insert a zero instead of the "", but is there other way you can do it? I would like to avouid the zero-value in D1. I know I can make conditonal formatting of D1, or suppress the showing of zeros. Jan I forgot to say, the reason I cannot use a zero in ...

Outlook inbox will not open
Hi, one of our users cannot open his Inbox in Outlook 2002. All other folders in Outlook, and sub-folders of his Inbox, open fine, when I add his mailbox into my Outlook I can click on and open his Inbox. If he searches his Inbox without specifying any criteria it finds all his emails and he can read them. OWA works fine and shows all emails. It is only when he clicks onto the Inbox folder, or icon in the Outlook bar, he gets the message that Outlook has encountered an error and must close down. Does anyone have any ideas please on how I can fix this? Thanks in advance. Either run Dete...

no notice in Inbox of new mail.
Hello, I am new to Outlook 2010 and am still learning it's little nuances but I am trying to figure out why I don't get a numeric indication of new mail in some of my email accounts? Only the default mail account. I have 4 email accounts. I have my default account of course and everything is fine when receiving an email to that account. I get a sound and then a numeric indicator showing how many new messages there are. I have all of the mail accounts Inboxes in my Favorites column as well as below, but only the main default account shows a new mail indicator and the quanti...

I get updates with EMPTY information before installation, why?
Lately I have been getting some updates that -- prior to installation -- doesn't seem to have any information associated with them, not even a title. See this screenshot: http://www.pvv.org/~fredj/winupdate-20100122-a-empty.jpg It is only when I install the update that I get to know what it contains. Surely Windows Update is not supposed to work like this. What is the problem? Any information appreciated :-) * Fred Fred Johansen wrote: > Lately I have been getting some updates that -- prior to > installation -- doesn't seem to have any information associated...

XML generation of empty elements
I use a dataset to generate XML. By default the generated XML doesn't include empty columns. How can I control the generation so that the entire content of the dataset is comming out as XML, including the empty columns. The purpose is so that a recepient of the XML can empty or NULL a row column in a database. You have to set the AllowDBNull property on each column. see http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cpref/html/frlrfSystemDataDataColumnClassAllowDBNullTopic.asp -D "Anders Nilsson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09d301c3be3d$f0f1...