Difficulty opening email

A pretty dumb question but I'm stumped. I am using Vista.    My Windows mail
screen opens normally but when I double click to open a message, that screen
opens with only half the message visible with the rest offscreen to the left.
 Unable to drag screen to the right.  Readable if I maximize message.   Can
anyone help?

Have you set any display options to increase text size by any chance (in
Vista overall)?

"Phyllis" <Phyllis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> A pretty dumb question but I'm stumped. I am using Vista.    My Windows
> mail
> screen opens normally but when I double click to open a message, that
> screen
> opens with only half the message visible with the rest offscreen to the
> left.
> Unable to drag screen to the right.  Readable if I maximize message.   Can
> anyone help?

0
slk759
1/16/2010 7:03:19 PM
Yes---my son did that and I had forgotten!!!  Now fixed--thank you slk759
"slk759" wrote:

> Have you set any display options to increase text size by any chance (in
> Vista overall)?
>

> "Phyllis" <Phyllis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > A pretty dumb question but I'm stumped. I am using Vista.    My Windows
> > mail
> > screen opens normally but when I double click to open a message, that
> > screen
> > opens with only half the message visible with the rest offscreen to the
> > left.
> > Unable to drag screen to the right.  Readable if I maximize message.   Can
> > anyone help?
>
> .

Happy to have helped !!

> Yes---my son did that and I had forgotten!!!  Now fixed--thank you slk759
> "slk759" wrote:
>
>> Have you set any display options to increase text size by any chance (in
>> Vista overall)?
>>

>> "Phyllis" <Phyllis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > A pretty dumb question but I'm stumped. I am using Vista.    My Windows
>> > mail
>> > screen opens normally but when I double click to open a message, that
>> > screen
>> > opens with only half the message visible with the rest offscreen to the
>> > left.
>> > Unable to drag screen to the right.  Readable if I maximize message.
>> > Can
>> > anyone help?
>>
>> .

0
slk759
1/17/2010 5:43:19 PM
email lock

"Phyllis" wrote:

> A pretty dumb question but I'm stumped. I am using Vista.    My Windows mail
> screen opens normally but when I double click to open a message, that screen
> opens with only half the message visible with the rest offscreen to the left.
>  Unable to drag screen to the right.  Readable if I maximize message.   Can
> anyone help?
email lock

"jhall@myglnc.com" wrote:

> "Phyllis" wrote:
>
> > A pretty dumb question but I'm stumped. I am using Vista.    My Windows mail
> > screen opens normally but when I double click to open a message, that screen
> > opens with only half the message visible with the rest offscreen to the left.
> >  Unable to drag screen to the right.  Readable if I maximize message.   Can
> > anyone help?

Open Excel in New Instance
I hate the way Excel opens spreadsheets you double-click in Explorer in the same instance of Excel that is currently running. I want to change it so that it always opens a new instance of Excel. It's just to easy to lose data because of this innane configuration. If this is a FAQ then I'm sorry. I have spent a good deal of time searching Microsoft's web sites and googling for the answer with no luck. All I have found are other people who have complained about this problem without having any resolution. Thanks, Sean >It's just to easy to lose >data becaus...

How do I make Outlook my default email program?
I am receiving my email on my web mail but it is not going to outlook. I have followed the instructions in Outlook. goose813 <goose813@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am receiving my email on my web mail but it is not going to > outlook. I have followed the instructions in Outlook. What version of Outlook and what type of account? -- Brian Tillman 2003 / bellsouth.net "Brian Tillman" wrote: > goose813 <goose813@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > > > I am receiving my email on my web mail but it is not going to > > outlook. I have...

Microsoft outlook open
When I try to open Outlook (Office 2007)(via start menu) I get a dialog box saying 'cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open Outlook window'. I do not get a program restore option when I try to use 'Microsoft office tools" as I don't get the 'application recovery' option showing. Thanks Ian Did Outlook ever open? Can you open it using the command line option - start->run->outlook.exe /safe? Note the space after the .exe and before the / -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact...

Workplace page
two questions Firstly, what is this folder supposed to contain. The End-user course says that it contains 'All inbound and assigned draft emails'. This seems to be true - if I assign an unsent email to a colleague, it shows up in his 'email' folder; and emails sent to him show up in his. So the first question is - is this a full description of what is supposed to be in there? We have some cases where emails are 'stuck' in there - they aren't inbound and haven't been assigned, so why do they show up? Secondly - and this is related to the first - what can I do ...

Flip Difficulty
I am running Visio 2003 SP1. I have drawn a home floor plan. I select the entire floorplan, and try to "flip" it (for example, I want the garage on the right instead of the left, so I mirror, or flip, the entire plan). I get an error message and then the drawing is mis-configured with lines going in odd directions, like it flipped some objects but not others. Here are two of the error messages 01. "An error (318) occurred during the action Flip Horizontal. Referenced cell Wall.629!Connections.X4 does not exist". 02. "An error (318) occurred during the action F...

Multiple copies of email vs one viewed by all
I have seen both documentation about this topic. Can someone point me in the right direction. Some say it is one copy viewed by all until it is modified others say that is not true. If i send 2500 people in a dist list an email is there physically 500 copies w/wo attachments, or is there only one copy and everyone views that one. I am wonering because i have concerns about dis space as we add a couple thousand more email users and what this means. Thank you rl The answer sort of depends. Exchange uses Single Instance storage to basically hold one copy of an email in the database. If y...

Open a publisher document in another application
My grandson starting working on a publisher document in school and needs to finish it at home, but does not have publisher on his home computer (Office XP Pro at home). Is it possible to open the documnet in another application so he can finish it? Thanks, Candie ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then c...

Open Value Licensing
Hi, If CRM SBE edition is available under Open Value. I believe , yes , I wish to know the process of procuring CRM SBE licenses and payment stage. Thanks in advance. Regards, Nitin You need to contact a Microsoft partner who can purchase the licenses for you and make sure you get the right product. I happen to know of one that can help you ;) -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Nitin I" wrote: > > Hi, > > If CRM SBE edition is available under Open Value. I believe , yes , I wish > to know the process of procuring CRM SBE licenses and paymen...

Re: Opening Outlook also causes Word to open/Try these groups
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_059F_01C46BB7.6AB60F00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Tom-- Sorry. I know how frustrating these problems can be, and the longer = they persist the more determined most of us get to solve them. Try in = these 3 and though you aren't a new user there are word experts to help = in all three. You have no downside to running System File Checker by = putting "sfc /sannow" in your run box without quotes and having your CD = handy. It takes 30 ...

emailing myself
Using Office 2007 and Windows XP This just started last week. When I "reply" to an email I have received, (not "reply all) I end up getting a copy of the email sent to myself. But this only happens in subfolders of my inbox, not the inbox itself. For example: I receive an email in my inbox -- I "reply" -- email gets sent to the original sender. If an incoming email is directed to a subfolder because of a rule, when I "reply" there is a copy of that reply email delivered to the same subfolder as the original email. Hope I'm explaining it clear...

What is the file called which holds outlook express email?
I'm trying to migrate my old Win98/Outlook express email system to WinXP/Outlook. I don't know what the file is called which stores all the email I have saved over the last few years... >-----Original Message----- >I'm trying to migrate my old Win98/Outlook express email >system to WinXP/Outlook. I don't know what the file is >called which stores all the email I have saved over the >last few years... >. > It will either be a xxx.pst or a xxx.ost. Do a search on your hard drive for *.pst and it will show you where your file is located. Corrine ...

Outlook 2003 not opening with my pst files
I'm feeling lost - please help explain a problem showing my 'regular' Outlook 2003 (on my laptop) folders (contact/calendar/tasks). We have a work server setup which looks exactly like Outlook 2003, and my 'mailbox' folder shows the Outlook Today home page. Also when I open Outlook on my desktop, the folders default to basic descriptions (not "personal") and there is nothing in them. How can I set the default to always use my personal files, and ONLY use the server version to retrieve my mail? Thanks. ...

Deleting email 11-20-09
Does anyone know how to set an option in Windows mail where the next unread message will NOT automatically display after you delete a previous message? I assume you are reading each message in its own window by double- clicking on it. If so, when done reading that message, close the window, then delete that message from the message list pane. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "carole" <carole@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:B848A41D-9880-40B9-BEEE-0CC12A4CF5CD@micros...

Excel
When starting excel, the program now opens or attempts to open every file in the directory. What causes this & how can I correct it? Hi goto 'Tools - Options - General' and see what directory is defined for 'at startup open all files in...' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany 173abn wrote: > When starting excel, the program now opens or attempts to open every > file in the directory. What causes this & how can I correct it? Can you get Excel to complete opening or does it just crash when it runs out of resources? If it will open................ ...

Trigger Macro on Open Spreadsheet
How can we force a macro to execute whenever a spreadsheet is first opened? Hi do you mean the file? If yes either name your macro Auto_Open() or put your code in the workbook event Workbook_Open() -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Beckie Davis wrote: > How can we force a macro to execute whenever a spreadsheet > is first opened? ...

OL 2007 email problems
XP SP2, just installed Outlook 2007, upgrading from 2003. I configured my email account, test message indicates it's working. Despite checking the appropriate boxes to schedule it to seek new email every few minutes, it will only Send/Receive when I invoke that command, not on a schedule. How do I set it up to check automatically every, say, 1 minute? I tried all the options dialogue boxes, rebooted, etc. Despite all attempts, it only checks when I ask it to. I gather that some article in the Knowledge Base acknowledges a "problem" with this issue, but the fix I was to...

Can I Re-open a historical year.
Is it possible to re-open a closed year. We closed 2005 this week and then closed 2006 also in error. Restoring the back up is not possible. Thanks CL You don't necessarily need to reopen it unless it's totally wrong. You can make entries to 2005 by enabling "Posting to History" via GL setup. The system will update the retained earnings balance for you. -- Charles Allen, MVP "CL" wrote: > Is it possible to re-open a closed year. > > We closed 2005 this week and then closed 2006 also in error. > Restoring the back up is not possible. > ...

Email forwarding mailbox filling up
I am using a forwarding mailbox for a CRM4 install and the mailbox is filling up with messages even after they have been copied correctly into CRM history. What is the process for removing these as I thought they would go after being processed? -- PhilD Sometimes the forward mailbox can get hung up if there's a corrupt message, or a message with unexpected characters. If you can manually locate the message and delete it, then re-start the Email Router service, the remaining messages should get removed. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "PhilD" wr...

when i open visio 2003 i need it to open a template
I have visio 2003, when i open the program can it be set to open a template automatically. Thanks in advance. TIDMAN..... You could change the shortcut that launches Visio to include the file. Visio.exe MyTemplate.vst -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "TIDMAN" <TIDMAN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DBF28CEA-C239-4C5E-BE84-B1E830DC79DA@microsoft.com... >I have visio 2003, when i open the program can it be set to open a template > automatically. > > Tha...

Money 2005 SB can't open Money 2004 File
Hello all, I just upgrade Money 2004 to 2005, both Small Business version. I have 2 money files, one created in 2004 the other created in Money 98 and upgraded every year till 2004. The first one gets converted to 2005 without any problem. But the 2nd one can't be converted. Money 2005 said it is either locked or protected or corrupt. But it has no problem at all in 2004 I've tried to delete all accounts in this file but one to elimilate causes of problems but still have no luck. Can anybody help? I can even post this file here if the group accept bin upload. Thanks in advance Howard...

Message Rules & Junk Email filter
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C452CD.6D07FD70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello Friends, =20 I am using Outlook 2003, and I created some "Message Rules". =20 The problem is, unlike in Outlook Express, the email is getting "copied" = instead of getting "moved". =20 So if I have message rule 1 (Family), which is=20 =20 - if message is from familymember@domain.com, an email gets copied to = 'Family' folder.=20 =20 Then, for message ...

Windows mail cannot be opened...
Ok I too am getting the error of Windows mail cannot be opened, (out of memory/ disk full) click ok and the 2nd popup appears.... "Windows mail couldn't be started because MSOE.DLL could not be initialized..... Ok have read many of the posts, so let me say this before Gary puts in his usual "It's your Antivirus" comment.... I run NIS (Norton internet security) I do manual updates and haven't in the last 2 days/ I have not down loaded and MS updates (I do those manually as well) Nothing has changed on my PC, yet today I started getting the same err...

Aliases not receiving email
Client is using Exchange 2003 and we recently added several email aliases. MX records are all correct, email goes to the default email address as defined within in Exchange System Manager, but not to other aliases assigned to that user. We are getting the error message: server respnose: 550 <user@domain.com> No such user her in). The domains are all different: user1@domain1.com; user1@domain2.com, etc... Any suggestions? On 19 Jul 2006 10:02:53 -0700, staceman3@hotmail.com wrote: >Client is using Exchange 2003 and we recently added several email >aliases. MX records are all...

.PST Difficulty
If you could follow the dialogue and help me out in anyway....I am a littl concerned as this is my only copy... Dialogue: Question I am getting this error when I attempt to copy the .pst file I have burned to a cd rom to my locasl hard disk: Cannot Copy Sept22: Invalid MS DOS Function I am a little concerned since since the machine I have taken this information from and burned to cd is no lonbger available...Any ideas? Response: How are you trying to copy the file? My Response I am just selecting it from the cd rom..and dragging it to a folder...As well I have tried Copy and Past...