Contacts Window

I can no longer access new contact information from the Contacts window in my
e-mail.  I cannot make new groups either.  I have to add new contacts by
clicking on file, then new contact.  Can anyone help me?

Missing buttons from the Windows Contacts toolbar
http://www.vista4beginners.com/Missing-buttons-from-Windows-Contacts-toolbar

Vista - "New Contact" and "New Contact Group" Button Missing
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/186477-new-contact-new-contact-group-button-missing.html
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

"puzzled" <puzzled@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I can no longer access new contact information from the Contacts window
>in my
> e-mail.  I cannot make new groups either.  I have to add new contacts by
> clicking on file, then new contact.  Can anyone help me?

0
Bruce
3/21/2010 6:40:14 PM
Hello Puzzled,

Double check in Default Programs to make sure that you have "Windows
Contacts" set as the default program with all of it's associations set
to it as well.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/83196-default-programs-program-default-associations.html

Next, double check using the tutorial below to make sure that your
"C:\Users\(user-name)\Contacts" folder as the "Contacts" folder template
set to it.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/186477-new-contact-new-contact-group-button-missing.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn

puzzled;1244145 Wrote:
> I can no longer access new contact information from the Contacts window
> in my
> e-mail. I cannot make new groups either. I have to add new contacts by
> clicking on file, then new contact. Can anyone help me?

--
Brink

'*MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience 2009*'
(https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile=87AD1AFC-4723-4479-A555-AD617AF3D511)
them.*
'*Windows 7 Forums*' (http://www.sevenforums.com/) - '*Windows
Vista Forums*' (http://www.vistax64.com/)

*Please post feedback to help others.*
0
Brink

Contacts work for Accounts not contacts
Is there a way to limit the Parent Customer field on the Contact form so that it only allows Accounts to be chosen? We don't want the capability to allow Contacts to have Sub-Contacts - but it does not seem possible to hide the Sub-Contacts item in the contacts form left hand menu. Helen; Could you create a new custom entity [Companies or something like that] to use instead of Accounts? then create a relationship between Companies and Contacts and have the lookup on the contact form be to the Companies object, rather than Accounts (remove the parent account lookup field from the ...

Millions of contacts in CRM
Hi, I am concerned about the use of MSCRM in a client with a few milliion contact records (around 6 million). I know from my own experience with SQL Server that there is no problem with this database, but I wonder if there is any issu regarding the application ou the application server...? I also read the performance and sizing white papers, but the concern there is related to number of users not record number... I read a post by Jake Horn where he mentions 2 M account records in a client installation with no problem, with replication turned off ( is this just turning off replication i...

Windows 7 login vbscript not working
Hi, I'm very new with vbscript. Our logon vbscripts work just fine with windows xp. However, after a few clients were upgraded to windows 7, the logon vbscript no longer works. However, if the script is launch manually, the script work just fine. Any help on this issue please... "PSU" <PSU@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2C335AB-4534-4AF9-8D37-F71175986D1F@microsoft.com... > Hi, I'm very new with vbscript. Our logon vbscripts work just fine with > windows xp. However, after a few clients were upgraded to windows 7, the > lo...

Import Contact as AD contacts
Is there a way to import contacts form an Exchange public folder to Contacts in my active directory under an OU? i.e instaed of creating a new contact in AD and enter all detail I want to import the current details I already have in the Public Folder as contacts thanks Mike On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 11:31:44 +0200, "Michael Greeff" <mikeg452@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to import contacts form an Exchange public folder to Contacts >in my active directory under an OU? i.e instaed of creating a new contact in >AD and enter all detail I want to import the current de...

Let's exchange contact info #3
Hi, Goran Thisell here, how are you? I am putting together a contact list of individuals interested in sharing resources and business information. If you are interested in connecting please send your Name and information to: mailto:coghem@telia.com?subject=BUSINESS_CONTACT_NG I will follow up as soon as I get your email. It's not an autoresponder so it might not be right away. I appreciate your patience. I look forward to meeting you. Regards, Goran Thisell coghem@telia.com --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20040306105317O0d3ZyV4 ...

OWA
Hi, When my clients create new contacts on their email accounts through OWA why is it they have type the persons name into the search window when they want to add a person or persons to their "to:" field in the message? Why doesn't their contacts show up in the bottom window so they can select one or more? Also when they create Distribution Lists via OWA they are not able to view the lists under Contacts like you can when you are using MS Outlook 2003, also the list doesn't show up when you search for it when creating a new message?? Why is that? Are there work aroun...

Contacts view options
A simple question which I'm sure has been answered before (can't find it on search, mind you)... My Outlook 2003's contacts window is listing all my entries in Last Name, First Name order. How do I swap it so it shows the other way around? Many thanks. Trent SC wrote: > A simple question which I'm sure has been answered before (can't find > it on search, mind you)... > > My Outlook 2003's contacts window is listing all my entries in Last > Name, First Name order. How do I swap it so it shows the other way > around? > Many thanks. Top ...

Add contact to group of appointments
Is it possible to add a contact to a group of appointment brought up in a search? Or does each appointment have to be done individually?. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Robert Bendett;144399 Wrote: > Is it possible to add a contact to a group of appointment brought up in > a search? Or does each appointment have to be done individually?. > Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Each needs done individually. -- Slipstick 'Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center' (http://www.slipstick.com) 'Outlook Tips' (http://www.outlook-t...

How to edit Marketing List Members window/view?
I'd like to add columns to the Marketing List Members window/view, but I do not find it in the customizale entities. (Not the Markeritng List views, but the window that shows the marketing list members and related info). I can do it using a dynamic extract, but that doesn't meet my needs. Any help is appreciated. On 6 dec, 19:25, Greg R <Gr...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'd like to add columns to theMarketingListMemberswindow/view, but I do > not find it in the customizale entities. (Not the MarkeritngListviews, but > the window that shows themarketingl...

add contact attribute to contact form
I need to add a new attribute 'introducer' of type contact to the contact form. I can't use the 'parent customer' attribute because I am using it for something else. The introducer is an employee of the account selected as 'parent customer', so ideally I would like the attribute to be a lookup of contacts filtered for the value of 'parent customer'. I then want to populate the address of the introducer into custom address attributes of the contact. Can anyone suggest how I might do this? Thanks, Lorraine. -- Lorraine Quigley Lorraine, You can't a...

Contact Types
I have users complaining that they are seeing too many contacts at once and only want to see the contacts that are available to them. When a user opens an Account and clicks on Contacts, how can it be made to display only the Contacts that are pertinent to a certain user or function? Hello, Microsoft CRM 3.0 is designed such a way that the user acually will see any record that he's allowed to see. You could limit rights to users, but I don't think this is the way to go. Currently I don't see a way to restrict the visible contacts based upon which user is logged on. If user...

synching contacts with exchange 2003
Hello, Server contains small business server 2003 with exchange 2003. Workstations are Windows XP running Outlook 2003. If a user adds someone to their contacts, is it automatically saved to the server or do I have to back up that info seperately in a .pst file? Thanks for any help. In news:OSmzfK59GHA.4708@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl, Peter McCaul <compcoff@hotmail.com> typed: > Hello, > > Server contains small business server 2003 with exchange 2003. > > Workstations are Windows XP running Outlook 2003. > > If a user adds someone to their contacts, is it automati...

Contacts Search

WLM contacts wont import from .WAB
I was using outlook express on server 2003 for years without many problems. Recently I exported all my contacts to a .WAB file then moved it to my 2008 R2 server for import. The problem is when I import the 997 contacts, they show up in the immediate session however when I close and reopen WLM the imported contacts are no longer there. anyone have any ideas? Leon I found that removing all punctuation marks (comma's, periods ...) from the contact's street address field cured this exact problem "Leon McCalla" <leonmccalla@remove.hotmail.com> wrote ...

Missing CONTACTS in email even thought Contacts are in "MY CONTACT
I need help! I just bought a new computer, and fairly versed with Outlook and Microsoft Products. I used the Windows Easy Transfer program to transfer files & settings from my old computer (which was Windows XP, running Office 2007) to a new computer (which is Windows 7.0 running Office 2007) and everything came over fine. Bookmarks, all "MY Documents," email settings, contacts, calendar, EVERYTHING. Kudo's to Microsoft for having this tool. One problem that I ran into is that although my .pst file came over fine, and all the email settings, folders, cal...

Frequent Contacts
Groupwise has a feature called "Frequent contacts". Frequent Contacts keeps track of all addresses that you frequently e-mail. It's an awesome feature. Is anyone aware of a similar feature in Outlook 2003. Thanks Jo Not really. You can manually add addresses to your Contacts by right clicking the address. For an automated solution, you'd need extra code... http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/addauto.htm -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! ...

Business Contact Manager Office XP/Outlook 2002
Looking for a trial version or purchasable download of Microsoft Business Contact Manager for Office XP/Outlook 2002. Only identified this product in Beta Version for 2003 or Customer Manager for 2000. Please advise on location and if this software exists. Thank you, Scott It's not available for any product except Outlook 2003. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Scott" <scott@rapidpulse.com> wrote in message news:04d701c36368$50bbcf20$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Looking for a trial version or purchasable download of > M...

Office 2002 closes, but small window stays on-screen and shut-down reports an error
A colleague has Office 2002 on her Dell PC running XP Pro with all the updates. When she exits Outlook, a small box outline remains on the desktop, which she can neither access nor close, and if she tries to shut the computer down, she gets an error stating that Outlook is still running. There's a screen print of the "ghost" box here: http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k553/trentsc/office_shutdown.jpg. Can anyone suggest what might be the cause of this, and how one might solve the problem? Many thanks news.eternal-september.org wrote: (Next time use your own monike...

Cannot shutdown windows
When I am logged on to Microsoft 2002 Outlook in MS Office XP I cannot turn off my computer without going into a loop of "End Program-Outlook.exe" dialogue boxes. This popup reads "This program is not responding. To return to WIN and check status of program, click Cancel. Ifyou choose to end programimmediately you will lose any unsaved data. to end program now, click End Now." when I cancel and go into task mang the program for outlook isnot listed as running or not responding although it is listed with 0 CPU usage in the Process foldr of this dialogue box. So I cl...

Entourage Contact Icons
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) What is the difference in the contact area between a little person icon next to a contact email or a blue dot? In a group list, I have some people with blue dots and some people with a little person. I cannot see anything special within these two emails to determine why they have different icons. Can you tell me why they are different? On 1/13/10 10:50 AM, in article 59bb0d68.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "sunshineone@officeformac.com" <sunshineone@officeformac.com> wrote: > What is the difference in the cont...

Debugging Windows Service on Test Machine?
I have a real brain buster here... In a previous post I was having some issue getting this Windows Service installed, but that is resolved now. The problem I have now is that the Service "stops unexpectedly" without any errors or exceptions thrown on our 64bit test server (WinServer2008 R2) - this Windows Service functions perfectly on our 32bit servers (2003/2008). It starts, runs for about 5 or so seconds, then stops, and the only error is in the System Event Log: "The [service] terminated unexpectedly. It has done this [X] times." The Service is pretty ...

Windows Live Hotmail Question: slugging keyboard when replying
My wife used Windows Live Hotmail. Whenever she types a reply her keyboard is extremely slow. It happens regardless of what email client the original sender is using, and only occurs when she is replying, not if she is typing a Word document, or even if she is creating a new email. Anyone every come across this problem? (Win7 and a new HP allinone computer with wireless mouse/keyboard) On Sun, 6 Dec 2009 16:59:48 +1100, blank wrote: > My wife used Windows Live Hotmail. Whenever she types a reply her keyboard > is extremely slow. It happens regardless of what e...

contact not listed in contacts
when i start typing in an email address in Outlook 2002, autofill comes up with three choices. two are in my contact list. the third (which is an incorrect address), when i right click properties, says it is not listed in contacts, however, it is being autofilled in Outlook 2002. how do i find and delete this email address. Also, there does not appear to be a name associated with this address, just the email address. is there a place where addresses are listed that don't have names attached to them? When that address appears in the drop-down, cursor down to it so it's h...

Windows ME
Can Publisher 2003 be used with Windows ME ? When I purchased it, the sales rep said Yes, but now I see all over the cover that it requires Windows 2000 or XP. I don't want to open the pkg if it won't work with ME Thanks ...

test premier contact
bonjour. je m'appelle sophie et j'aimerais discuter avec vous et mieux vous conna�tre .. a bient�t j'esp�re . -sophie- inga.savant-aleina <inga.savant-aleina@wanadoo.fr> wrote: > bonjour. > > je m'appelle sophie et j'aimerais discuter avec vous et mieux vous > conna�tre . > a bient�t j'esp�re . Ou-est votre question s�r Outlook? -- Brian Tillman ...