contact list 09-05-10

    when i try to add to my contact list  in windows mail

  the error message says
windows could not add one or more of the recipients to the contact list
  I cannot delete addresses either
          Can anyone help?
                 I have windows vista

That symptom can be caused by interference from an antivirus
program. Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause
problems with Windows Mail over time. As a minimum, email
scanning in the antivirus should be turned off, although that may
not be sufficient to eliminate all bad effects. In a worst case =
scenario,
your antivirus may need to be uninstalled/reinstalled or replaced.

Email scanning in any antivirus should be disabled, for reasons
explained here:

As an alternative to replacing your antivirus, consider upgrading to
Windows Live Mail, because it is less prone to suffering bad effects =
from
overly intrusive antivirus programs:
http://download.live.com/wlmail

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"HEyena"  wrote in message =

    when i try to add to my contact list  in windows mail

  the error message says
windows could not add one or more of the recipients to the contact list
  I cannot delete addresses either
          Can anyone help?
                 I have windows vista=20

0
Gary

Conditional Formating multiple cells in 1 row based on a list of d
Hi, I need to highlight various cells in 1 row based on a list of dates in a separate column. Look in help for conditional formatting or post a more concrete example -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Clinton" <Clinton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9631D926-8C85-47F3-8FAF-FA2321CA5B3F@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I need to highlight various cells in 1 row based on a list of dates in a > separate column. In CF you'll need the "Formula Is", rather than "Cell Value Is" option. If the formula evaluates to TR...

Contacts work for Accounts not contacts
Is there a way to limit the Parent Customer field on the Contact form so that it only allows Accounts to be chosen? We don't want the capability to allow Contacts to have Sub-Contacts - but it does not seem possible to hide the Sub-Contacts item in the contacts form left hand menu. Helen; Could you create a new custom entity [Companies or something like that] to use instead of Accounts? then create a relationship between Companies and Contacts and have the lookup on the contact form be to the Companies object, rather than Accounts (remove the parent account lookup field from the ...

error code 01-28-10
what does error code 8000FFFF mean? I can install updates to my labtop, I keep getting this error message Hello Dionna, When requesting help in a newsgroup, please state your full Windows version, edition and service pack level. Worth a shot: <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946414> The above is assuming the OS is Windows Vista Ǝиçεl -=- http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.windowsupdate&p=1&tid=67454903-f297-43db-b7b2-80cb159f9315&mid=67...

Millions of contacts in CRM
Hi, I am concerned about the use of MSCRM in a client with a few milliion contact records (around 6 million). I know from my own experience with SQL Server that there is no problem with this database, but I wonder if there is any issu regarding the application ou the application server...? I also read the performance and sizing white papers, but the concern there is related to number of users not record number... I read a post by Jake Horn where he mentions 2 M account records in a client installation with no problem, with replication turned off ( is this just turning off replication i...

Knowledge Base Articles 05-01-06
We have created, approved and published several Knowledge Base Articles since March yet the Knowledge Base Search does not return any results no matter what we try. Do we need to do something in SQL to turn on full-text indexing? Is there some flag we've missed that enables search functionality? I am able to see the KB articles if I click down through the Subject Browse... I am also able to use the "Advanced Find" with no problems, and I can use the "Article Number Search". The "Title Search", "Keyword Search" and "Full Text Search&quo...

list.remove() crash.
Hi: I have a short code below which polulats a list with 3 strings and then try to remove them by calling list.remove(). but the program crashes at the 2nd run in the loop (as marked below). Could you see anything I'm doing wrong? Thanks for your input. Polaris ------------------------------------------------------------- #include <list> typedef std::list <char*>::iterator LI; int main (int argc, char* argv[]) { char* array[] = { { "Test1" }, { "Test2" }, { "Test3" } }; ...

Import Contact as AD contacts
Is there a way to import contacts form an Exchange public folder to Contacts in my active directory under an OU? i.e instaed of creating a new contact in AD and enter all detail I want to import the current details I already have in the Public Folder as contacts thanks Mike On Fri, 5 Nov 2004 11:31:44 +0200, "Michael Greeff" <mikeg452@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is there a way to import contacts form an Exchange public folder to Contacts >in my active directory under an OU? i.e instaed of creating a new contact in >AD and enter all detail I want to import the current de...

Printing out a list of emails
Is there anyway to print out the list of emails, like you see in the standard view of outlook? I would hate to have to take a screen shot of each couple of hours to get the contents of the entire inbox (I actually only need a couple of days). File>print>table style. You can print either the whole list, or just selected messages. HTH Mark "Eugene Taylor" <ewtaylor2001@fake.com> wrote in message news:%23mD6sd92FHA.2800@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Is there anyway to print out the list of emails, like you see in the > standard view of outlook? I would hate to have...

Let's exchange contact info #3
Hi, Goran Thisell here, how are you? I am putting together a contact list of individuals interested in sharing resources and business information. If you are interested in connecting please send your Name and information to: mailto:coghem@telia.com?subject=BUSINESS_CONTACT_NG I will follow up as soon as I get your email. It's not an autoresponder so it might not be right away. I appreciate your patience. I look forward to meeting you. Regards, Goran Thisell coghem@telia.com --- MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20040306105317O0d3ZyV4 ...

OWA
Hi, When my clients create new contacts on their email accounts through OWA why is it they have type the persons name into the search window when they want to add a person or persons to their "to:" field in the message? Why doesn't their contacts show up in the bottom window so they can select one or more? Also when they create Distribution Lists via OWA they are not able to view the lists under Contacts like you can when you are using MS Outlook 2003, also the list doesn't show up when you search for it when creating a new message?? Why is that? Are there work aroun...

Export Item List to Adjust
I have imported a large group of inventory incorrectly (the bar code numbers had spaces and shouldn't have). Is there a way to export a group of items out into excel, so I can correct my error and re-import? GE, How about creating a SQL statement to remove the spaces. Which field is the issue? ILC, Alias, Supplier Re-order # -- = Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to see and download the file attachment. If you are not using a reader, follow the link below to setup Outlook Express. Click on "...

how to filter list based on multiple criteria
Date S/No Name Dept R/No 26/07/09 01 ABC M1 M001 26/07/09 02 DEF S1 S001 26/07/09 03 GHI A1 A001 27/07/09 04 DEF S1 S001 27/07/09 05 ABC M1 M001 27/07/09 06 GHI A1 A002 I have a long list of records as shown above, how can I copy the list to another range with records for "Name", "Dept" and "R/No" not duplicated and showing the latest S/No. In other words, Record 1 and Record 2 should not appear as it is duplicat...

Contacts view options
A simple question which I'm sure has been answered before (can't find it on search, mind you)... My Outlook 2003's contacts window is listing all my entries in Last Name, First Name order. How do I swap it so it shows the other way around? Many thanks. Trent SC wrote: > A simple question which I'm sure has been answered before (can't find > it on search, mind you)... > > My Outlook 2003's contacts window is listing all my entries in Last > Name, First Name order. How do I swap it so it shows the other way > around? > Many thanks. Top ...

user name and password 12-14-09
Help! can anyone tell me why recently I am asked for a user name amd password when opening windows mail, this started recently. I can't log on. Thanks -- scollins Having same problem only started today . I have trend anti virus never had any trouble before. Now every time i log onto mail i need to put in my acc and password? Bizzare any help would be appreciated! -- seanokil check your settings for it to remember your password and disable trend email scanner.. -- ashvin :D Just chill -pls post your feedback on my reputation, would be of great help to...

Add contact to group of appointments
Is it possible to add a contact to a group of appointment brought up in a search? Or does each appointment have to be done individually?. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Robert Bendett;144399 Wrote: > Is it possible to add a contact to a group of appointment brought up in > a search? Or does each appointment have to be done individually?. > Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Each needs done individually. -- Slipstick 'Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center' (http://www.slipstick.com) 'Outlook Tips' (http://www.outlook-t...

How to edit Marketing List Members window/view?
I'd like to add columns to the Marketing List Members window/view, but I do not find it in the customizale entities. (Not the Markeritng List views, but the window that shows the marketing list members and related info). I can do it using a dynamic extract, but that doesn't meet my needs. Any help is appreciated. On 6 dec, 19:25, Greg R <Gr...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'd like to add columns to theMarketingListMemberswindow/view, but I do > not find it in the customizale entities. (Not the MarkeritngListviews, but > the window that shows themarketingl...

add contact attribute to contact form
I need to add a new attribute 'introducer' of type contact to the contact form. I can't use the 'parent customer' attribute because I am using it for something else. The introducer is an employee of the account selected as 'parent customer', so ideally I would like the attribute to be a lookup of contacts filtered for the value of 'parent customer'. I then want to populate the address of the introducer into custom address attributes of the contact. Can anyone suggest how I might do this? Thanks, Lorraine. -- Lorraine Quigley Lorraine, You can't a...

Most Recently Used list (MRU)
My Most Recently Used list (MRU) does not always list the Most Recently Used file. Sometimes the file i just used shows up and sometimes it doesnt. I cant find a pattern to identfy why it lists. Basically, i would like it to show any time i open the file. Or, at least if i save the file. How can i understand and control this. I now have it set to 9 Most Recently Used files. Thanks, Dave The MRU will only show those files that you open using Files | Open.... If you use a macro to open a file, or double click on a file to open it, then those won't show up. You can use a macro t...

Transfer a distribution list
One of my users has a distribution list and would like another user to have it. They both use OWA and not Outlook. So, I figure I would have to do the transfer since you can't import/export from OWA. Is what I want to do possible? TIA. -Steven- In news:ujVuJpaZGHA.4620@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl, Jason Rangle <jjrangle@nowhere.com> typed: > One of my users has a distribution list and would like another user > to have it. They both use OWA and not Outlook. So, I figure I would > have to do the transfer since you can't import/export from OWA. Is > what I want...

Contact Types
I have users complaining that they are seeing too many contacts at once and only want to see the contacts that are available to them. When a user opens an Account and clicks on Contacts, how can it be made to display only the Contacts that are pertinent to a certain user or function? Hello, Microsoft CRM 3.0 is designed such a way that the user acually will see any record that he's allowed to see. You could limit rights to users, but I don't think this is the way to go. Currently I don't see a way to restrict the visible contacts based upon which user is logged on. If user...

Folder List View Save?
Using Outlook 2003 on Win 2k Server. I prefer to use the Folder List view for my Personal Folders. I'm having a problem with Outlook remembering which folders were expanded when I close and later reopen Outlook. For example, if I have this folder hierarchy under Personal Folders: A B ---B1 ---B2 ---B3 C ---C1 ---C2 ---C3 D Let's say that I don't want to take up the screen space to show the subfolders under "C". I collapse that folder, and it now looks like this: A B ---B1 ---B2 ---B3 C D I then exit Outlook, shut the PC off and go home. The next day, I start every...

synching contacts with exchange 2003
Hello, Server contains small business server 2003 with exchange 2003. Workstations are Windows XP running Outlook 2003. If a user adds someone to their contacts, is it automatically saved to the server or do I have to back up that info seperately in a .pst file? Thanks for any help. In news:OSmzfK59GHA.4708@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl, Peter McCaul <compcoff@hotmail.com> typed: > Hello, > > Server contains small business server 2003 with exchange 2003. > > Workstations are Windows XP running Outlook 2003. > > If a user adds someone to their contacts, is it automati...

Contacts Search

Track Changes Colour 03-26-10
In Excel 2003, how can I change the colour that track changes displays in? At the moment changes are showing up in Navy which is not easily identifiable against black. ...

WLM contacts wont import from .WAB
I was using outlook express on server 2003 for years without many problems. Recently I exported all my contacts to a .WAB file then moved it to my 2008 R2 server for import. The problem is when I import the 997 contacts, they show up in the immediate session however when I close and reopen WLM the imported contacts are no longer there. anyone have any ideas? Leon I found that removing all punctuation marks (comma's, periods ...) from the contact's street address field cured this exact problem "Leon McCalla" <leonmccalla@remove.hotmail.com> wrote ...