confused???

I can't seem to figure out my windows email system. it asks for sever
numbers and such??? if any one knows how to do it then let me know.

0
Tisha

Tisha S. wrote:
> I can't seem to figure out my windows email system. it asks for sever
> numbers and such??? if any one knows how to do it then let me know.
=======================================

Maybe the following article will get you started:

Windows Vista -
Windows Mail: Setting up
an account from start to finish
http://tinyurl.com/yzf3t42
     or.....
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Mail-setting-up-an-account-from-start-to-finish

The following links show Mail Servers for many providers:

POP3 SMTP Mail Servers for
popular Internet Service Providers
http://tinyurl.com/aeswg
   or...
http://www.realifewebdesigns.com/web-resources/pop3-smtp.html

POP3 SMTP Mail Servers for
Time Warner - Road Runner
Internet Service Providers
http://tinyurl.com/jggmt
   or...
http://www.realifewebdesigns.com/web-resources/pop3-smtp-timewarner.html

--

      J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
John

See the following for @Live accounts:

http://mailcall.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!CC9301187A51FE33!49799.entry

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK.

0
mac
3/5/2010 2:52:31 PM
Live.com Settings:

Server names and ports:
POP3   =   pop3.live.com    Port = 995
SMTP   =   smtp.live.com   Port = 587

Checkboxes you need to check include:

Server Tab:  "My server requires authentication"  (Click "Settings" button
also and fill in "Log on Using" email address - *** but do NOT check the
checkboxes there . . . .)

Advanced Tab:  BOTH outgoing and incoming - "This server requires a secure
connection (SSL)"

General Tab (if desired but generally recommended):  "Include this account
when receiving mail or synchronizing"

Should work - if you get errors post the entire error message (cut-n-paste)
for further assistance.

"Tisha S." <nativebeauti86@live.com> wrote in message
> I can't seem to figure out my windows email system. it asks for sever
> numbers and such??? if any one knows how to do it then let me know.

0
slk759

i am so confused
As of day before yesterday, i was recieving and sending mail like i should, but now it says my username and/or password are inncorrect, and they are stored in the com, and my phone. i retyped them, and it says the same thing??? i just tried again, and it said the following: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'hi', Account: 'pop.att.yahoo.com (1)', Server: 'smtp.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 465, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Pleas help.... anyone!!!!! i am lost without my e-mail!! Your settings look ...

CListCtrl confusion
I am confused about the meaning of selected (LVIS_SELECTED) and focused (LVIS_FOCUSED). What is the difference? The above can be set/read with Set/GetItemState(). The there is also GetSelectionMark() and its set. When you get the selection mark, is this the one that is selected? Or does it mean something else? What I am able to do is click on a row and then execute my method, doit(). Now I want to simply use the up and down arrow keys to move the selection and focus up and down the list, each time calling doit() for the new row. The problem I am running into is that I get recursive calls to...

(more!) elementFormDefault confusion
Hi all, From what I can read, it doesn't look like I'm the only one getting confused with the elementFormDefault and attributeFormDefault properties of XML schemas. I am wanting to get a full understanding of these properties, as I want to be able to generate XML that conforms to these settings via the XmlTextWriter. The two main reference articles I can find are: http://geekswithblogs.net/dmillard/archive/2004/10/20/12935.aspx http://blogs.msdn.com/ebattalio/archive/2006/03/03/543154.aspx However, I have a couple of questions regarding this: 1. In Minty Fresh's example, w...

Confused on syntax
Hello, I confused over the following syntax. Could someone please explain to me exactly what is happening here. ((CEditView*)m_viewList.GetHead())->SetWindowText(NULL); I understand the casted type to the m_viewList.GetHead( ) function, but the ->SetWindowText call on the end is what I've never seen done like this? Is somehow the return pointer from GetHead pointing to the SetWindowText function ? But why would this be? Could not SetWindowText just be called on it's own ? On 3 jul, 13:01, "RB" <NoMail@NoSpam> wrote: > Hello, I confused over the following...

Still confused on whether this will work
Hi, I hope you can help with my question, and thanks in advance! In my use of MSMoney Plus Premium, I do bill payer through a bank directly (Wachovia) and download transactions directly using my web site passwords directly to those sites (T Rowe Price, Wachovia, Am Express for example). I am thinking this will still work after Feb 2011 (and my license goes that long), that I will still be able to get transactions automatically downloaded daily like I do now, and I can use the bank for billpayer through MSMoney? So the only thing I will lose is the stock price updates as they come fr...

Confused
I am using a shared computer at work. I have access help to resolve a simple problem and the answer is there. The big problem is that options it describes are not there for example how to set-up a signature some option names are not there and options it says should be available are different. Can someone help ?????? With the amount of missing information that you posted, probably not until the crystal ball has a nice vacation to rest up from overuse here. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus na...

confused???
I can't seem to figure out my windows email system. it asks for sever numbers and such??? if any one knows how to do it then let me know. Tisha S. wrote: > I can't seem to figure out my windows email system. it asks for sever > numbers and such??? if any one knows how to do it then let me know. ======================================= Maybe the following article will get you started: Windows Vista - Windows Mail: Setting up an account from start to finish http://tinyurl.com/yzf3t42 or..... http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Mail-sett...

Confusing Email Problem
Sorry to bother you guys I have an email problem that is bugging me. I can recieve emails ok but when I send them, no one gets them. It appears to send and they even appear in the sent items folder but no one gets them. If I add large attachment the email will send in seconds. Something odd is going on. I use mail.onetel.net.uk. Port 25. When I called their call centre in India they said my account was active and they sent a test mail using their web based email system. They say it must be an outlook express problem. Yet I sent myself a test email using Telnet and still didn't ge...

OWA confusion.....
I am trying to figure out how to make OWA work behind my firewall.. I have referenced KB259240 (How to configure OWA to connect to exchange through a firewall) and therein lies my confusion.... It says to open 3 ports. 2 of them have to be statically configured in the registry. the first one located (added) at : HKLM\system\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeDS\parameters But that location does not exist on my system( Server 2003 / Exchange 2003 - SP1 I do have HKLM\system\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeDSAccess but the only keys under that are Diagnostics and performance. NOT P...

Product confusion (cont.)
Further question to my earlier post: Is this correct: MoneyCentral changed to MSN Money. Then Money changed from free, to a purchased product. The free version no longer supports downloads from brokers and many of the charting options. To get broker downloads and many charting options, I need to purchase Money 2005. Is that correct? PS: Cal, thanks for your earlier reply. -- Bill In microsoft.public.money, Bill wrote: >Further question to my earlier post: >Is this correct: >MoneyCentral changed to MSN Money. I think it has gone under both names for a good while. > Th...

confused
I am totally confused. I have written a few win api C apps that actually compiled without errors and ran successfully. Now I'm trying to learn MFC. I having a bit of a problem getting a call to GetParent to work. Below is the offending function and compilation errors BOOL CMfcPipesApp::InitInstance() { // Standard initialization // If you are not using these features and wish to reduce the size // of your final executable, you should remove from the following // the specific initialization routines you do not need. CMfcPipesApp *pModelessDlg = new CMfcPipesApp(); CWnd *ParentWnd; ...

confused about create and manual events
i made and activated a work-rule with these characteristics: entity type=account event=create the rule: when an account is created the territory is assigned based upon the owner. the test: i converted 3 leads into accounts. and then i waited 30 miuntes. the result: none of the three new accounts have their territory assignments. however, i then manually executed the rule and the assignments were made. the question: why didn't it make the proper assignment when the account was created via converting the lead to an account? and why would an 'account create' rule work manually...

Confused...
I thought Exchange 2007 / 12 was only going to be 64-bit? Am I missing something? it is...what's confusing you? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "JPAUL" <jpaul34@msn.com> wrote in message news:#Zdg6PVwGHA.1296@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > I thought Exchange 2007 / 12 was only going to be 64-bit? Am I missing > something? > > A 32-bit version is available for testing/training. It is not and will not be supported in production environments. The 64-bit version is the only one that will be supported in production once it is released. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Excha...

Confusion with forms and related subforms
Hello, I'm trying to figure out the concept of embedding subforms into main forms. I have main tables, 4 junction tables, and a few look-up tables (not all look-ups are listed below). If I'm reading it correctly, the junction tables which relate to the main tables should be in the form of a subform placed within the main form they relate to? I'm lost on the fact that I believe I have a subform which appears should be on another subform which should then be on a form. If this is correct, the form looks extremely busy and not user friendly, and just plain incorre...

CONFUSED!
i am using publisher to make a brochure... i have created the first part, now how do i start doing the inside of the brochure??? Insert, page... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "katie" <katie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E34CA105-D474-4A14-9143-6C605E4F7193@microsoft.com... >i am using publisher to make a brochure... i have created the first part, now > how do i start doing the inside of the brochure??? ...

interfaces...I'm confused!
Hi. I have read tons of blog posts and articles about how and when to use interfaces. I have seen some people use them to define every object they create and I have seen some people say to not ever use them. Other people say not to use them unless you have some actions that multiple objects will use, an example is like this: You can have an interface that tells all breeds of cats that they must eat their food, sleep or even meow. Now, you have different kinds of cats: house cat, farm cat, tiger, lion, panther. All of these cats do the exact same thing, just in very different w...

Confused
I have the following macro in my Personal.xls workbook. Sub ShowFormulae() ActiveWindow.DisplayFormulas = Not ActiveWindow.DisplayFormulas ' test line End Sub I was able to add the comment ' test line to the macro without unhiding the workbook. I did not think this was possible. Windows | Unhide shows that it is hidden. Where am I confused? Brian Tozer Brian, Hiding a workbook has only effect on the "normal" (i.e. non VB view) In the VBE you can always see you workbooks. This also applies to hidden sheets in a workbook. (NB In the VBE it is possible that you ...

Very confused
I have a live account. a while back in outlook it seems like somehow this account was added. I dont remember. My problem right now is that if I click a link in a web page to email, it opens up windows live mail in an outlook type format screen. the problem is it is sending from my yahoo and I've apparently entered the wrong server information. How do I fix it? If you go to Tools/Accounts menu item then look for your Yahoo account, select it then hit the properties button you can change the settings. Also here, if you wish you can set another account to be your default mai...

Confused,simple math formula
If I have a 379 liter tank (K3) filled with water and I need 1.0 grams per liter (D3) to have the correct amount in the tank. If I'm over (B3) lets say 1.9 grams per liter. I need to decrease (G3) by .9 grams per liter. Since it's already mixed,how would I get J3 to show the amount of Gals removed to bring it back to (D3) 1 gram per liter. I thought k3*g3/d3/3.78 would work but if it's 2.0 grams over(B3) then is says to add 100 gals. 100 gals is the entire tank size. If I did that I'd need to add 1 gram per liter. Confused!? Thanks so much for your help!!! In article <2b2b...

Activation confusion...
I am really frustrated and confused over Microsoft's activation policy on Money 2004 Deluxe Upgrade from Trial. I have attempted to reinstall Money 2004 Deluxe from the file I had downloaded and saved when I first purchased the upgrade. When I entered my activation code it stated the maximum number of times I could activate had been exceeded, and I would have to purchase the product again. It's only been four months since I purchased the upgrade online. I thought this was just a small problem that could be corrected by a call to customer service, since this activation code h...

Confused
Hi I jsut got done reading the artilce over at http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Using_SMTP_Connector_Internally.htm and I confused about one thing. Is the connector forwarding all emails destined to unix.domain.com? and if so then I would still have to create an MX record that points unix.domainname.com to the external interface of my firewall, just like i had to create an MX record for domain.com and point it to the same ip address on the firewall. So if im understanding this correclty any emails that need to be sent to unix.domain.com would resolve or point to external interface of firew...

Copy from one list to another in different time scales. Confusing?
Would anyone know what type of code to use so that it copies 1981q1 into Jan 1981, Feb 1981, Apr 1981 and then moves on to 1981q2 and copies the value there to paste it into Apr 1981, May 1981, and Jun 1981.... This goes on till 2050 and it is a pain to continue doing this. column A are the numbers 111, 222, 333.... Column B are the months-year Column C are the numbers that are copied from Column F Column D is blank Column E are the years and quarters Column F is the GDP in that quarter. 1 Jan-1981 5,307.5 1981q1 5,307.5 1 Feb-1981 5,307.5 1981q2 5,266.1 1 Mar-1981 5,307.5 1981q3 5,3...

I have some confusion in here...
Hi all, i have an easy question here... my customer has HQ with 2 lane 2 additional lanes and 4 store licenses. now they decided to use new database for different purpose in the same company i suggested them to buy only lane and store license Ex. 2 lanes and 2 store license. and i will install another HQ server on the same machine... so 2 HQ server will be running on same machine one for the previous company and the other for the new one. my question is that<<<< does this will work ? or we need to buy additional HQ license?? if they're not going to need access to the ...

Confused....
dwResult = ExpandEnvironmentStrings( "OS=%OS%", // Can someone tell me the meaning? lpszSystemInfo, BUFSIZE); Marco wrote: > dwResult = ExpandEnvironmentStrings( > "OS=%OS%", // Can someone tell me the meaning? > lpszSystemInfo, > BUFSIZE); > > try "echo %OS%" in command line (cmd.exe) > try "echo %OS%" in command line (cmd.exe) > no useful %OS% is an "environment" variable. Load a Command Prompt (...

Very strange behavior with contact/email confusion Outlook 2003
On WinXP professional with latest service packs (for office too). I open outlook and create a new email. (Ctl+shift+M) Start typing my name in the 'to' field and it guesses my work email joe.doe@company.com I right click on this email and choose 'Look up outlook contact' and it brings up an old email. Every email I send to this address bears the subject of the email in the 'to' field: "If women ruled the world". If I click 'Add or edit phone numbers' a contact pops up with the subject as the Full name "If women ruled the world" If I type i...